Recent Acquisitions!

Reaction score
He was a little overpriced (I thought) at $15, but the seller threw in a Shrapnel Insecticon I'd been eying for basically nothing. Done deal for me. :)

Reaction score
Finally got hold of a decently priced A-Wing, complete. It's been opened, but came with the box and manuals. Considering it will be played with at some point the box is just a bonus. Nice to have something to keep it in though.

Reaction score
I got a nice loose Bantha with Tusken Raider from ebay for a reasonable price (finally). I've wanted the straight hair bantha for a very long time.

Reaction score
Just bought a loose Cinema Scenes Wedge (my first POTF2 Wedge!), 4-Lom, Zuckuss, a snowtrooper, and a stormtrooper.

I go through long periods of not buying anything, but I just realized recently that POTF2 is the only SW line I really collect any more.

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The comic book shop I go to once every few months or so they still have old Power of the Force figures still in the cards. They're all 11 to 14 bucks each. I found couple of good figures which were Piett, luke figures, tie pilot and the weird multipack of han, luke and Vader where they were like rereleases of the original Kenner figures

Reaction score
What do you think of it? I bought one a while back and its meh.
Honestly it's been sitting in a tote since I got it. I've got a bunch of stuff I have to organize and display; I'll probably get around to it this weekend. It's neat I guess.

Reaction score
A lot of purchases over the last month...

- Finally picked up a pair of MOC Ewoks. Been looking on and off for years to get them at a decent price, very happy to finally add them to the collection.
- Flashback Anakin Skywalker. Great to have the Sebastian Shaw version. Will I ever get around to making a Jedi Spirits diorama? Unlikely, but at least now I have all the pieces...
- Flashback Yoda. A great looking version that even comes with a lamp he can fight with R2 over. Will I ever get around to making a Dagobah camp site diorama? Unlikely, but *ahem* at least now I have all the pieces...
- Flashback R2. Mis-proportioned to store the lightsaber but still a very cool figure.

Reaction score
Bought 2 Yak-Faces, an AT-ST pilot, and a Wuher off Amazon for $2.99, $3, $1.66, and $5.87 respectively. That cup is going to have to come out of Wuher's hand though... :{h

Reaction score
I got an Ishi Tib from Amazon today. I really like this figure. I need about 2-3 more to have a little group of them in the Home One diorama. :{J

Reaction score
Got Zuckuss in the mail yesterday, moc. Another rare occurrence where I think the POTF2 version is the best sculpt to date.

Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree. Limited articulation and clamshell robes aside, Zuckuss is a really awesome figure. Next to Bossk, my favorite of the POTF2 bounty hunters.

Reaction score
Next to Bossk, my favorite of the POTF2 bounty hunters.
I would consider Bossk to be one of the best figures in the entire POTF2 line. If you wanted to pick one 'sea change' figure that signified the shift from bulky, superhero builds to more realistic, movie accurate action figures, then I believe that figure would be Bossk. We might have gotten a few bulked up figures afterwards, but the trend was clearly on the decline by 1997.

I got rid of all of my POTF2 figures about 15 years ago, but have been getting hit with the same waves of nostalgia when I see a POTF2 package as I used to get from seeing Kenner vintage toys. So, I bought a replacement MOC POTF2 Bossk and I can't really bring myself to open him up. It's the same "preservation instinct" that kicks in when I see a vintage MOC.

Reaction score
I kept a small sampling of my favorite POTF2 MOC figures just for nostalgia as well.

And if the 2002 Toyfare Vader counts as a POTF2 MOC, it's still one of my favorite all-time figures.

It's one of the few modern figures that I've got AFA graded as well- it's a keeper.

Reaction score
I kept a small sampling of my favorite POTF2 MOC figures just for nostalgia as well.

And if the 2002 Toyfare Vader counts as a POTF2 MOC, it's still one of my favorite all-time figures.

It's one of the few modern figures that I've got AFA graded as well- it's a keeper.
I'm pretty sure that POTF2 officially ended in 2000, with that last wave of green carded Commtech figures (the one with Admiral Motti), and was replaced with POTJ that same year.

2002 Toyfare Vader would probably fall into the Saga Collection that came out for Ep2.

Reaction score
I have only just started collecting POTF2 after collecting some other Old Kenner toylines for a few years now.

So far I've bought Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper, Momaw Nadon, 4-LOM, Garindan, Ponda Baba, ASP-7 Droid, Bib Fortuna, Lando (Skiff Guard Disguise), Weequay Skiff Guard, Lak Sivrak, Deluxe Crowd Control Stormtrooper, Desert Skiff Luke and finally a Dewback w/ Sandtrooper.

I was a kid when these things came out, the only POTF2 figure I had way back when was the A-Wing with Pilot (I've always liked A-Wings).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have only just started collecting POTF2 after collecting some other Old Kenner toylines for a few years now.

So far I've bought Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper, Momaw Nadon, 4-LOM, Garindan, Ponda Baba, ASP-7 Droid, Bib Fortuna, Lando (Skiff Guard Disguise), Weequay Skiff Guard, Lak Sivrak, Deluxe Crowd Control Stormtrooper, Desert Skiff Luke and finally a Dewback w/ Sandtrooper.

I was a kid when these things came out, the only POTF2 figure I had way back when was the A-Wing with Pilot (I've always liked A-Wings).

It's pretty cool that you are starting to collect POTF2 now, as an adult. I wondered if kids that played with POTF2 figures would go back and try to collect them later on.
Are you collecting carded or loose?

Reaction score
It's pretty cool that you are starting to collect POTF2 now, as an adult. I wondered if kids that played with POTF2 figures would go back and try to collect them later on.
Are you collecting carded or loose?
They are all carded so far, not sure that they will stay that way...(Is that sacrilegious? :p)

The POTF2 line should keep the ravenous collector in me occupied for quite some time.

Reaction score
I would consider Bossk to be one of the best figures in the entire POTF2 line. If you wanted to pick one 'sea change' figure that signified the shift from bulky, superhero builds to more realistic, movie accurate action figures, then I believe that figure would be Bossk. We might have gotten a few bulked up figures afterwards, but the trend was clearly on the decline by 1997.
Even in the same wave as him, you have a slightly overly buff, broad-shouldered AT-ST Driver, but even then, it wasn't the grotesque, cartoonishly exaggerated bulkiness from before; the AT-ST Driver was (how do I put this?) believably muscular-looking.

Reaction score
I wondered if kids that played with POTF2 figures would go back and try to collect them later on.
Happened to me. With the way the modern line has gone it's the only SW collection I really have and enjoy collecting now, save for a few random BS 6". I imagine there'll be a few people in the hobby now for whom POTF2 is their 'vintage'.

Reaction score
Happened to me. With the way the modern line has gone it's the only SW collection I really have and enjoy collecting now, save for a few random BS 6". I imagine there'll be a few people in the hobby now for whom POTF2 is their 'vintage'.
'Vintage' Toys (from the 80s/90s in my case) are basically the only things I am excited to collect anymore.

I have since gotten an AT-ST Driver and another Weequay Skiff Guard.

My Momaw Nadon figure arrived in the mail and it's pretty much my favorite thing ever. I really love Ithorians (Hammerheads).

Reaction score
POTF2 was an excellent line. Sure there were some dogs (as you have in every line), and I wasn't a huge fan of the "He-man" sculpts, but even those brought back some nostalgia as I remember the first time I saw them on pegs in the early 90's and immediately had to have them (POTF2 and the Dark HOrse comics were what kicked of the whole modern era afterall). As the line continued forward it gave us some great sculpts and a lot of figs (or versions of) never produced before. There was a point where there was a lot of bashing, but over the years it's held it's own.

There were some exciting moments with this line.. who doesn't remember going to get in line 1st for hte special edition movie just to get the Theater edition Jedi Luke?

Reaction score
Ask 10 people you get 10 different answers, but to me there's "vintage" (The original 70's 80's ONLY) and then there's modern.. NOTHING else. You can call the POTF2 "early modern", but I'll never consider it to be vintage... ever. Blasphemy. :)

Reaction score
Ask 10 people you get 10 different answers, but to me there's "vintage" (The original 70's 80's ONLY) and then there's modern.. NOTHING else. You can call the POTF2 "early modern", but I'll never consider it to be vintage... ever. Blasphemy. :)
Of course, and to each their own - but the original 78-85 figures were hand-me-downs by the time I wanted to play with them. POTF2 was where it all started (and at 23 years old the line is much older than vintage was when people started calling it that), so it's a term that fits for me :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
The A-wing is such a nice ship. It still looks amazing, to me.

Reaction score
The A-wing is such a nice ship. It still looks amazing, to me.

It really is timeless. :)

I just finished painting the concussion missile ports. I’m customizing it to ROTJ standards, i.e. black missile ports and red/white laser cannon barrels. Not going to mess with the weathering as Kenner did a really nice job on it for this run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Nice, I had the A-Wing when I was a kid, was the only POTF2 fig/vehicle I had back then.

I had my Lando (Skiff Guard Disguise), Weequay Skiff Guard, Garindan, Pondo Baba, Bib Fortuna, 4-LOM, Deluxe Luke and Deluxe Stormtrooper arrive the other day. Still waiting for a few more figures to arrive before I go shopping for more.

Reaction score
Another Weequay Skiff Guard and an AT-ST Driver arrived this morning along with a Dewback w/ Sandtrooper which I absolutely love, it's definitely my favorite POTF2 item so far.

Reaction score
The Dewback set is absolutely superb. The tauntaun is similarly strong, if you haven't got one yet you should make it so!