Recent Acquisitions

Reaction score
Kevin is a fighter and I have the strong conviction he'll be with us for many years to come!

As for the Tusken Raider, that is one of the Attakus sculpts I have and I can highly recommend it to you, Django. The statue is heavy, nicely detailed and weathered. The texture of the fabric is quite realistic as well. It was in fact my first Attakus statue as I love everything from Tatooine, and this is a winner. I had pictures of it , but I can't seem to find them at the moment. If I find them I'll show them to you. I can also recommend you the Jawa statue. love everything about that one as well, and I'm particularly fond of the way they made his eyes come alive. The Gamorrean guard is another great sculpt II can recommend you.
Photos would be awesome if you can find them, but your description makes me glad I decided to get the Tusken statue so thanks! LOL, ironically I was also looking for a 1/5 Jawa as well but they are harder to find at the moment.

For me personally, when Star Wars first came out I agree everything from Tatooine looked so amazing from the Tuskens, Jawas, Dewbacks with Sandtroopers and of course Mos Eisley. That gritty '70s look was and is still so awesome. Add in Lucas' (and my own) love of westerns and that was the perfect environment to get me hooked into SW.

I know this is not the popular opinion but ROTJ is one of my least favorite Lucas OT/Prequel SW movies. I rank it pretty low (4th or 5th if you include Rogue One) so most of Jabba's palace aren't all that appealing to me personally, even though I thought Jabba was a great character.

Reaction score
Here are the pictures of the Tusken Raider:
Wow that looks GREAT!! Thanks for sharing those photos!! I already commited to get this one but these seal it. If anyone has a Jawa 1/5 they are looking to unload PM me.

Also, I owned the Clone Trooper 1/5th for literally a couple days probably a decade ago. I got it on clearance for literally like $50-100 shipped. I remember it came, we were moving and I only opened it to take photos and sold it the next couple days. The shroud of the dark side had fallen on my collection back then...

So this Tusken will be the first official Attakus I own and get to enjoy!

Reaction score
You are welcome, and congratulations on getting the Tusken statue. All you need now is a 1:1 Tusken mask by Godzilla to display with it. :)

Reaction score
You are welcome, and congratulations on getting the Tusken statue. All you need now is a 1:1 Tusken mask by Godzilla to display with it. :)
Yeah...not a mask guy LOL. Even those cool helmets for Vader or Fett that are full size just not my cup of tea. I think they look incredible in someone else's collection is all.

Reaction score
Gotcha. It's like me and Sideshow 12" figures. most of them look great but I'm 99.9 % a Polystone collector, thus really not my cup of tea.

The Jawa one is a little harder to come by. My first Jawa got knocked down the shelf a few years ago and broke. I ended up buying a replacement from Belgium, after months of search, as no one else had it here. There's actually one on Ebay right now, though. You might be able to work out a deal with the seller. The seller appears to be entertaining best offers. Good luck!

Reaction score
Gotcha. It's like me and Sideshow 12" figures. most of them look great but I'm 99.9 % a Polystone collector, thus really not my cup of tea.

The Jawa one is a little harder to come by. My first Jawa got knocked down the shelf a few years ago and broke. I ended up buying a replacement from Belgium, after months of search, as no one else had it here. There's actually one on Ebay right now, though. You might be able to work out a deal with the seller. The seller appears to be entertaining best offers. Good luck!
Yes, I don't like dolls either (SS PF or 12"). I only collect polystone statues or plastic figures. And even the figures are much less than they used to be.

So I saw the Jawa on ebay, but the guy says it's elite which are the 1/10th scale. At the price he had it (and the base says 2003) I assumed it was 1/5 scale? If I sale some things I might put in an offer. What's a good price for the jawa in your opinion?

Like you in a previous thread, I had lots of expenses last week trying to get some things settled and on top of that bought quite a bit in the last month so trying to balance it all right now. But for the right price LOL...

Last edited:
Reaction score
If he says it is the Elite version, then the pictures he has up are for the 2003 1/5 scale release, thus being the wrong pictures. I would say a fair deal for one of the 1/5 scale ones would be between $200.00 to $300.00 tops. I think I paid around $300.00 for mine, but that also included the shipping from Belgium. The 1/5 scale Jawa is about 11" high; I've just measured mine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If he says it is the Elite version, then the pictures he has up are for the 2003 1/5 scale release, thus being the wrong pictures. I would say a fair deal for one of the 1/5 scale ones would be between $200.00 to $300.00 tops. I think I paid around $300.00 for mine, but that also included the shipping from Belgium. The 1/5 scale Jawa is about 11" high; I've just measured mine.
Yes his title is confusing but his photos show a 1/5 for sure. If I get some of my recently spent funds back soon I will shot him an offer in the upper $200 range then. 11" tall for a Jawa is insane! Wow that thing is going to be bigger than some of my 1/6 DC statues LOL.

Reaction score
BTW Lightsword, do you have any photos of your Jawa 1/5 scale?
Yeah. I have some for you:

This is how I have mine displayed with the SS Jawas, R5-D4 and the Microflame torch they used in the movie, along with a desert rose brought from Tunisia and sent to me by another member of the site:

Last edited:
Reaction score
[QUOTE
This is how I have mine displayed with the SS Jawas, R5-D4 and the Microflame torch they used in the movie, along with a desert rose brought from Tunisia and sent to me by another member of the site:

[/QUOTE]

Wow, it does look incredible! Thank you for sharing!! Your display is very impressive, you must be very proud (channeling Obi Wan from AOTC).

As awesome as the Jawa Attakus is (and I also really like the R5-D4 figure) how did you end up with that micro torch from the movie?? Very cool!

I now see I need to get this statue as well LOL.

Reaction score

Wow, it does look incredible! Thank you for sharing!! Your display is very impressive, you must be very proud (channeling Obi Wan from AOTC).

As awesome as the Jawa Attakus is (and I also really like the R5-D4 figure) how did you end up with that micro torch from the movie?? Very cool!

I now see I need to get this statue as well LOL.
Thanks. I did a little investigating around. I like going to the root of things, the beginning of how things were created for the films. A great place to get information about all this is Parts of Star Wars website and it was through there I got to know about it. Chris Reiff, is one of the two guys operating the site. He was also the designer for the Stormtrooper and Vader mini helmets by Riddell, as well as the never released TIE fighter pilot mini helmet. I had the pleasure of interviewing him years ago for a Visual Guide I made for the mini helmets, and to be honest, him and Chris Trevas have done a fantastic job recording all this information for us at their site. You can find out more about the Micro Welder for the movie right here

After finding out what was used for the film, I then went to Ebay and to my surprise, there are still a lot of people selling this original Microflame torch for very modest prices. You do need to verify what they are selling is in fact what's known to be used for the film, though. Only two versions of the Microflame are said to have been used, very similar to each other except for some writing on them, thus it is unclear which of the two, or if both were used. I have seen sellers pushing for some micro torches as "the one used in Star Wars", which aren't neither one of the two versions.

It's a lot easier today to CGI places, weaponry and characters. Back in those days I think individual creativity was pushed and challenged quite a bit as we did not have computers to rely on for these creations, and more of a mental effort was needed. Builders were so creative with their designs and looking for parts and objects, their efforts are really commendable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Jawas futzing with R5 looks great. Did SS give the Jawas a light up eyes feature?
Thanks, Ben. :) Yes. Their eyes do light up, however, the switch to turn them on and off is quite small, and located on the back of their heads. You need to take off their hoods (separate pieces )in order to make this feature work. I prefer Polystone over fabric, however, I have a strong inclination for anything Tatooine, and the Jawas hold a special place for me when I look back at the movies. I went against my own preferences and bought these Jawas, but I'm glad I did this time around.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I prefer Polystone over fabric
Same here. But on occasion I do make exceptions too i.e. the SS 1/6 scout and speeder bike was the perfect size for my bookshelf and it did not require the use of one of those terrible crotch support stands for the figure (I hate those).

Reaction score
Got my Tusken today, WOW what an awesome statue!! I'm going to take some photos of my new purchases and post them on my collection thread tomorrow as I am beat from traveling. But wanted to thank Julian as your photos convinced me to get that statue and it is so much better in person!

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are welcome. Glad the pictures helped with your purchase. Indeed, seeing the piece up close, feeling and appreciating all the textures is something pictures can't really capture. Excellent collectible and, well, congrats on the Tusken purchase! :)

Reaction score
Here he is, ready to do battle with Wonder Women LOL. The only place I have for this big guy for now :\...

Reaction score
I thought I would share this, apparently EE are having the Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna and Obi Wan 1/5 scale Attakus statues BACK in stock soon! I don't know if this means Attakus are starting to pump out more 1/5 casts or these are left over stock, but seems like good news for those wanting these.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-gamorrean-guard-coldcast-statue/acc140

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-bib-fortuna-coldcast-statue-sculpture/acc141

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-obiwan-kenobi-coldcast-statue/ac126

Reaction score
That's interesting. I knew about BB-8 and Yoda being released later this year (September) for the 1/5 scale, but I had no idea they were re-releasing these previous sculpts for that scale as well. If they re-release the first Vader version in the 1/5 scale, I'll be pre-ordering one. Thanks for the info, D'!

Reaction score
That's interesting. I knew about BB-8 and Yoda being released later this year (September) for the 1/5 scale, but I had no idea they were re-releasing these previous sculpts for that scale as well. If they re-release the first Vader version in the 1/5 scale, I'll be pre-ordering one. Thanks for the info, D'!
You're welcome :).

I also agree, if they re-release Boba Fett, Vader and the Jawa in 1/5 scale I will get them for sure! I also think it would be great to knock the secondary market down a peg or two as some of these statues are insanely priced on there now.

I also didn't show the links but Padme 1/5 shows as out of stock but coming back soon, and they also have a Tusken Raider that's box is not mint in stock as well. So maybe (just maybe) these are being released again slowly?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Decided to get myself another R2-D2, version 3 of the 1:10 scale droid as since downsizing my collection I’ve only got 1 R2-D2 left & that’s also a 1:10 scale Attakus statue, not much difference between them really, the one I have has all 3 legs out, the new one is in the standing pose so just the 2 legs, different enough to warrant a purchase as Gentle Giant won’t likely do a mini-bust of him plus I’ve always liked my R2 units so parting with all bar 1 was a mistake so getting another kind of makes up for it a little. :)