Recent Acquisitions

Reaction score
Thanks. After measuring, I think I'd have no problem fitting the Sandtrooper in so I guess I'm now officially in the hunt for one. I don't expect to find a deal quite as sweet as the one you found (but you never know)...I guess I'd be willing to pay around $300 for one.
You are welcome and good for you! With a little bit of luck you'll get yours in no time. If I spot anything around your price range I'll let you know. Those I see on Ebay going for so much hardly ever sell, so I really don't understand the purpose of some sellers having auctions with statues going for so much, no one will buy them. In my experience, sometimes it works to try to contact the seller and negotiate a deal and get him to come down a little. I've gotten a few things this way and, I've been surprised to find out some sellers could be very reasonable. I guess watching Pawn Stars has its benefits :) Show us your display once you have him with you!

Great pictures of the Sandtrooper Sergeant Julian, I'd even go so far as to say that your statue looks better than mine. lol ;) I like this one so much that I've been pondering on buying a second so that I have one either side of my Vader 2 Attakus statue..., there are so many Attakus statues I still want though so that's stopped me, so far. :)
Thanks, Kev. Very kind of you to say that.The Sergeant is indeed a nice sculpt, isn't he? Sandtroopers have always been my favorite of all Imperials. I also like your idea of displaying Vader with Sandtrooper sergeants by his side. The sculpts for both pieces are so nice, the view of them together would surely be an impressive one. If you get that second one, post some pictures! Attakus has a nice selection of good looking statues, my preference going towards the Imperials. Unfortunately for me, I've already exhausted all display areas for statues this size, and Vader version 2 was my last. Oh, speaking of Vader version 2, I received today the one I bought last week but haven't gotten around to open the box yet. I'll do so over the weekend and work on how to display him. I can hardly wait :)

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me Julian. Of course I'll post pics if I manage to snag one. And congrats on the Vader II...great statue and I love mine.

Reaction score
Thanks, the Tusken raider is certainly a statue worth having, I saw some pictures & thought it looked rather nice so when it turned up reasonably priced there was no pondering about it, I snapped it up quick. :) It's more impressive in hand, the 1:5 scale gives it an edge..., bigger is better I always say.

It certainly is a small world, I live up by the cathedral myself..., well it's about a 10 minute walk really, so near enough as the bells ring out an awful lot so I'd not want to be too near to it. lol ;) So, from your forum name can I assume your a Bib Fortuna fan??? I've recently been looking at the 1:5 scale Attakus statue of him, I think the likeness is pretty good but I'm not totally sure, I think it'll be something I need to see in hand & have a good look at in order to see if the likeness is there or not..., I don't suppose you have the statue do you???

Hi mate, yes i love the sculpt of fortuna, really under rated imo, im actually pretty much a vintage purist, although of late ive gotton into the gentle giant jumbo figures, just all the aliens, man they are like crack, some awesome offerings like greedo and Boba Fett, that look incredible, i love the simple sculpts of the vintage kenner, and i suppose they are the reason im still into starwars, its the childhood connection to the action figures.

I like to look through all the sub forums here, seeing stuff like yours and others is a pleasure, anyway cheers and love your collection..

Reaction score
That Sandtrooper display is fantastic Julian, your Obi-Wan shrine is still my favourite but it runs it close. Been thinking about that Sandy on the Dewback myself as your post has replenished my temptation lol. Congrats on both the Attakus buys, shame they aren't making the bigger line anymore.

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me Julian. Of course I'll post pics if I manage to snag one. And congrats on the Vader II...great statue and I love mine.
You are welcome and thanks again for the kind words, Ben. Being part of the collecting community to me, involves helping and looking out for each other thus I'm glad to look for you. I'll keep you posted if I spot a good deal.

Well, I was finally able to open the version 2 Darth Vader statue I received, and couldn't be any more pleased. Its previous owner surely took excellent care of it, and it is like new. Here are some pictures of my modest Vader display area, showing the Vader statues I have. I'm sure Kev is familiar with all of them :)

I still have to work on the table's legs; I'm planning to turn them into Vader lightsabers if it all works well. That'd be my next weekend project :)

Reaction score
Wow.... just wow!!!

That is one of the most impressive collection rooms I have seen....

Its beautiful mate so very very nice

Vader display area is all quality!!!!

How do you plan on doing the saber table legs??? This has me intrigued

Would love to see some more shots of your room...its outstanding

Reaction score
You are welcome and thanks again for the kind words, Ben. Being part of the collecting community to me, involves helping and looking out for each other thus I'm glad to look for you. I'll keep you posted if I spot a good deal.

Well, I was finally able to open the version 2 Darth Vader statue I received, and couldn't be any more pleased. Its previous owner surely took excellent care of it, and it is like new. Here are some pictures of my modest Vader display area, showing the Vader statues I have. I'm sure Kev is familiar with all of them :)

I still have to work on the table's legs; I'm planning to turn them into Vader lightsabers if it all works well. That'd be my next weekend project :)

Very cool setup there Julian! I like the shelves and the pedestals!! B)

Reaction score
Glad you got a good Attakus Vader Juian. Outstanding Vader display! Some great pieces there.
Those wood end tables/pedastals are very cool; I like their unique shape.
Love how you have Jabba's tat under the GG Jabba statue! Did you make that and if so, how?

Reaction score
Wow.... just wow!!!

That is one of the most impressive collection rooms I have seen....

Its beautiful mate so very very nice

Vader display area is all quality!!!!

How do you plan on doing the saber table legs??? This has me intrigued

Would love to see some more shots of your room...its outstanding
Thank you, Gartogg. I appreciate the kind words. Making the saber legs for the table is really simple, provided you can find the right sabers. Until recently this table had legs made with four Qui-Gon lightsabers, but now that the display is all Vader, those legs are out of place. Back in 1999 when I first did this, I used plastic Hasbro "life- size" retractable blade sabers with blade openings big enough that once the blades were pulled out, the legs of the table went in with ease. Apparently the sabers from back then had wider openings for the blades, so it was just a matter of getting the blades out and getting the legs in. Here is a picture from sometime back showing the Qui-Gon saber table legs ...

I'm seeing that now the newer Hasbro sabers come with lights, making the job a real pain since all the insides for the batteries need to be removed. In Vader's case for instance, the blade opening is too small for the table legs to go in. I'm actively looking around to find some cheap Vader saber that would do the trick, or come up with a different plan to accomplish the idea.

Glad you got a good Attakus Vader Juian. Outstanding Vader display! Some great pieces there.
Those wood end tables/pedastals are very cool; I like their unique shape.
Love how you have Jabba's tat under the GG Jabba statue! Did you make that and if so, how?
Thanks to you and Sergiu for the comments about the pedestals. These I got last year at Target for $15.00 each!. They were discounted and when I saw them I knew they were perfect for the room. I just added the Imperial symbol using a combination of magnets I got at Disney and the top of those rotatating stands with lights that came with Hasbro's holographic figures back in '99/2000, I think.

The Jabba's tat I made it in my garage. In short, I drew the tattoo on a piece of cardboard, cut it out and made a stencil with it so that I could trace the outlines over a piece of pine wood. I cut out the design using a band saw and sanded it down using various grids of paper and painted it. I then cut out a hole in the wood that runs at the bottom of the unit to tight fit the circle around the tattoo piece. To cover the hole, I used a piece of cracked glass ceiling panel behind that wood piece and installed a light. I attached the pieces of the tattoo to the ceiling panel using screws and glue. This same procedure I used for all the cut outs in the unit, including the word Star Wars, the Rebel and the Imperial logos. There's light hidden inside the unit so when I turn the unit on, all these symbols light up shinning a green light through. I did all this 15 years ago, back in 1998. Here is a collage to better show the details ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Julian, tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I still have the code 3 cover for the vader tie if you are interested.
David, I appreciate you trying to contact me to offer the dust cover. It was unfortunate we weren't able to work out a deal for the case back in February. Since we last communicated, I found a local place making acrylic cases and dust covers and had one made for $80.00 I found this to be a good deal and not having to pay tax nor shipping also helped. Thanks again for the offer, and I hope you can find a buyer soon!

Reaction score
The Jabba's tat I made it in my garage. In short, I drew the tattoo on a piece of cardboard, cut it out and made a stencil with it so that I could trace the outlines over a piece of pine wood. I cut out the design using a band saw and sanded it down using various grids of paper and painted it. I then cut out a hole in the wood that runs at the bottom of the unit to tight fit the circle around the tattoo piece. To cover the hole, I used a piece of cracked glass ceiling panel behind that wood piece and installed a light. I attached the pieces of the tattoo to the ceiling panel using screws and glue. This same procedure I used for all the cut outs in the unit, including the word Star Wars, the Rebel and the Imperial logos. There's light hidden inside the unit so when I turn the unit on, all these symbols light up shinning a green light through. I did all this 15 years ago, back in 1998. Here is a collage to better show the details ...
Wow. Those are amazing. Great work!

Reaction score
Your creativity and inventiveness never fails to amaze me Julian, your display room looks incredible and you and Kev are tempting me on that Vader statue. :D

I am curious, is that Vader mask without the helmet by Riddell?

Reaction score
Your creativity and inventiveness never fails to amaze me Julian, your display room looks incredible and you and Kev are tempting me on that Vader statue. :D

I am curious, is that Vader mask without the helmet by Riddell?
Thanks, my friend :) I've always enjoyed designing new things and improving on others.

*Get the Vader!I know you won't regret it. Be tempted!:twisted:

Rob, the helmet IS indeed the Riddell one. To me, it is the best one in their Mini-Helmet line, full of intricate details and the only one to come apart in several sections. I believe MR and GG used the same mold, but their helmets can't be taken apart. I'm displaying my Riddell without the outer shell/dome, just to bring a little more interest to the display by showing the inside ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
The scaled Riddell helmets were really great! I have this Vader too and is fantastic. MR managed to make the Vader helmet as well, but they collaborated with RadioShack IIRC and the helmet was again glued on. The scaled Stormtrooper and Shadow Stormie are the other 2 mini-helmets I own, both by MR, but in this case MR made them exactly like Riddell version, just with a better stand.

Reaction score
The scaled Riddell helmets were really great! I have this Vader too and is fantastic. MR managed to make the Vader helmet as well, but they collaborated with RadioShack IIRC and the helmet was again glued on. The scaled Stormtrooper and Shadow Stormie are the other 2 mini-helmets I own, both by MR, but in this case MR made them exactly like Riddell version, just with a better stand.
You are right Sergiu. I think MR/RadioShack added phrases and sound to the helmet but no take apart feature. I also have those two mini helmets you mentioned and they are great. Love the mini helmet line and collected them all. Speaking of Vader, I also have the GG gold Vader version which is exact to Riddell's but all pieces are glued on together. I have no idea how it made its way in my collection :) I did take the dome off a while back after a few tries, and the top of the mask is nicely painted gold too, so it can be displayed without the outer shell.

Reaction score
Indeed my friend. Wish some company take where Riddell/MR/GG left and continue this cool line. I consider this scaled helmet line how the SW helmets should be in real life, no asymmetry, no wonkiness, but with cool interior devices, like a real pilot/trooper helmet would be.

Reaction score
Thanks, my friend :) I've always enjoyed designing new things and improving on others.

*Get the Vader!I know you won't regret it. Be tempted!:twisted:

Rob, the helmet IS indeed the Riddell one. To me, it is the best one in their Mini-Helmet line, full of intricate details and the only one to come apart in several sections. I believe MR and GG used the same mold, but their helmets can't be taken apart. I'm displaying my Riddell without the outer shell/dome, just to bring a little more interest to the display by showing the inside ...

Your designs and displays are always first class. :)

Haha! :D Space is not the final frontier it is my enemy! I need to keep room for the Mythos Vader or I'd be hunting that Attakus Vader down like Boba on a slow week! :D

I think your display choice regarding the Vader helmet is a great idea, there really isn't any other top end Vader collectible that shows his mask in that form, and thanks for the excellent pics as always! :)

Reaction score
Just nabbed myself a bargain 1:5 scale statue...

I've been looking for my tenth 1:5 scale Attakus statue for a while now, just missed out on a Tie Fighter Pilot again & was feeling pretty miffed when I noticed Bib Fortuna going rather cheaply (£120.00)..., did a bit of research & as far as I can see the statue has a pretty good likeness to the film character so I've been pondering on it for a few days BUT noticed today there was a best offer option so I offered £100.00 & it got accepted, cool I thought & then added my 10% discount code to the payment & got him for £90.00 + £8.50 for delivery..., £98.50 total for a 1:5 scale statue is what I call a definite bargain!!! :)

Reaction score
Always nice to hear of a great collector getting a bargain, nice one Kev. :) I considered the Attakus Bib as well as it's a good sculpt like all their non-humans, but I decided to wait for GG to produce a bust due to space constraints.

Reaction score
Always nice to hear of a great collector getting a bargain, nice one Kev. :) I considered the Attakus Bib as well as it's a good sculpt like all their non-humans, but I decided to wait for GG to produce a bust due to space constraints.
Space is definitely an issue but I can't help myself when it comes to the bigger collectibles really, they just look so much more impressive the bigger they are (in my opinion)..., it's good to have a range of scales though as I think all the different sizes make a collection more interesting. :)

Reaction score
Got myself another bargain 1:5 scale statue...

I'm on a role I think..., there I was feeling miffed at missing out on another Tie Fighter Pilot statue when I saw another one turn up on ebay at a reasonable price, I decided to ponder on it as it was in Belgium & I'm not overly keen on buying things from outside the UK if I can avoid it, anyway that was 2 days ago & today I've logged in to find the price has been reduced so I've snapped it up & including delivery it's costing me just over £107.00..., not bad at all I think for a 1:5 scale statue SO that's number 11 now Attakus wise & as I'm not a fan of odd numbers I'm going to be on the look out for a twelfth statue for sure, maybe a Royal Guard, Stormtrooper or the Sandtrooper Squad Leader will turn up at a reasonable price soon, you never know!?! :)

Reaction score
Space is definitely an issue but I can't help myself when it comes to the bigger collectibles really, they just look so much more impressive the bigger they are (in my opinion)..., it's good to have a range of scales though as I think all the different sizes make a collection more interesting. :)
Agreed, I also like the contrasting display options a mix of busts and statues offer. :) I do love it when a big piece arrives though, it just has that extra bit of excitement to it. :D

Reaction score
Good stuff Kev! :D You are certainly the bargain king right now, the Tie Fighter Pilot statue is awesome IMO. If you can get a Royal Guard cheap that will be a tremendous coup, and I love your even number reasoning to buy more big statues lol.

Reaction score
Agreed, I also like the contrasting display options a mix of busts and statues offer. :) I do love it when a big piece arrives though, it just has that extra bit of excitement to it. :D
Definitely agree with you there ALTHOUGH I think regardless of size, when you track down something you've been after for ages & it's finally on it's way, that's a definite exciting feeling..., a mission accomplished moment. :)

Reaction score
Ever since I first saw the Tie Fighter Pilot statue it's been on my want list, I was just waiting for the right price & I'm glad I have actually ended up buying for less than I had in mind..., that makes it a far nicer purchase really. :) Regarding the Royal Guard statue, I could've had one for a very cheap price not that long ago but at the time I was skint so had to watch it go to someone else, rather frustrating to be honest but that's life I guess..., can't get all the bargains. lol ;)

Reaction score
Bib Fortuna arrived yesterday morning, number 156 of 200..., I was really surprised that so few were made to be honest, it's a great looking statue & definite value for money, glad to have this in my collection (pics to follow later). :)

Reaction score
Definitely agree with you there ALTHOUGH I think regardless of size, when you track down something you've been after for ages & it's finally on it's way, that's a definite exciting feeling..., a mission accomplished moment. :)
Very true, that is how I felt when I got my ESB Boba Fett bust, it was costly and took time get it even at the price I did,. but when it arrived it was a great feeling. :D

Reaction score
Very true, that is how I felt when I got my ESB Boba Fett bust, it was costly and took time get it even at the price I did,. but when it arrived it was a great feeling. :D
I like hunting for that 1 thing at the right price..., the Kotobukiya 1:7 scale Sandtrooper Sergeant figure was my happy feeling find, admittedly I paid more than I wanted to for it but I wanted it so much at the time that the price really wasn't an issue..., since buying it Ive noticed that there have been several more turn up on eBay & all have sold for less than I paid but I'm not bothered about that as it could've taken many more months of waiting & hoping one would turn up before I secured a win & even then, who knows how far others were willing to go in order to get it? So it was definitely better to pay a premium & get what I wanted rather than pass it by & wait for chance. :)