Recent Acquisitions

Reaction score
Nah dont have Vader 2. Always wanted 1.
Although I've only seen pictures of Vader 1..., I do have Vader 2 & I can honestly say it's far more impressive in hand than any pictures would suggest, infact I'd even go so far as to say it's my number 1 favourite Star Wars collectible out of everything I own so it's certainly worth getting if the price is right. :)

Reaction score
Although I've only seen pictures of Vader 1..., I do have Vader 2 & I can honestly say it's far more impressive in hand than any pictures would suggest, infact I'd even go so far as to say it's my number 1 favourite Star Wars collectible out of everything I own so it's certainly worth getting if the price is right. :)

Prices have been good recently it seems

Reaction score
Prices have been good recently it seems
Well my Vader 2 cost me £220.00 & the chap I bought it off delivered it..., I have seen Vader 2 statues selling cheaper than I paid but after you add postage to it, it works out more expensive so I think I got a good deal really. :)

Reaction score
I thought seeing as I'm getting the Mythos Gamorrean Executioner statue that it'd be nice to have another Gamorrean example for my collection & the 1:5 scale Attakus statue was the obvious choice for me so thanks to my favourite retailer I've managed to track one down for a reasonable price & it should be with me in hand next month (end of) taking my total Attakus 1:5 scale statues upto 9. :)
Can I ask which retailer you use and what a reasonable price would be (for the attakus)? The Gamorrean Guard is another I'm after to go with my Han in Carbonite.
The best I've found is £250.

Cheers

Reaction score
Can I ask which retailer you use and what a reasonable price would be (for the attakus)? The Gamorrean Guard is another I'm after to go with my Han in Carbonite.
The best I've found is £250.

Cheers
I ordered mine from collectiblesdirect.co.uk..., it was an on request only order though as they've sold out but the distributors they use had more available & it's cost me £256.49 including delivery..., admittedly that's the most I've paid for an Attakus statue but still quite reasonable for what I'm getting I thought. :)

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It arrived damaged. UGH!
Oh no, that's terrible news!!! :( Is the damage major or minor??? Sometimes a repair can be ok to do, well providing it's not noticeable once on display that is!?! It's a HUGE let down when something turns up damaged though, especially when you've been after it for ages or it's something that you thought unobtainable because of the usual asking price..., what are you going to do, return it or try a repair (if possible)???

Reaction score
Oh no, that's terrible news!!! :( Is the damage major or minor??? Sometimes a repair can be ok to do, well providing it's not noticeable once on display that is!?! It's a HUGE let down when something turns up damaged though, especially when you've been after it for ages or it's something that you thought unobtainable because of the usual asking price..., what are you going to do, return it or try a repair (if possible)???

Sadly the break is on both feet. The statue is wobbly but there must be a support rod in the legs. I will return it and continue the search. So bummed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's terrible to hear mate....

Best of luck with through continued search

Reaction score
Sadly the break is on both feet. The statue is wobbly but there must be a support rod in the legs. I will return it and continue the search. So bummed.
I have cracks along both of the feet on my Attakus Sandtrooper Sergeant, it was like that before I bought it though & thankfully it isn't wobbly or anything because of the damage, bought it for just £80.00 & to be honest you can't really tell it has any damage. Very unfortunate regarding your Vader, it's certainly pretty much worthless now..., I've always been warned about these statues not traveling to well via the postal system BUT as yet I've not incurred any problems thankfully. I hope your search for another Vader 1 isn't a long one & hopefully the next one you find will be cheaper too!!! :)

Reaction score
Yeah the base in the foam really wasnt even touching the foam insert, so it was just kinda floating in the box.
That's a real shame, you'd have thought the seller would've made sure it was packaged properly considering the cost of it. :(

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Vader, Cotasnoova. Some people just don't seem to have a good understanding of how to pack things. I've been lucky so far with Attakus stuff, even though I've had several people just send the statues in their normal boxes with brown paper on the outside (even my Vader 1 and Jabba!).

I did recently buy a Jedi Luke statue with a broken lightsaber (but I knew it was broken ahead of time, and that's why I got a good deal on it -- only $60). I've been looking for one of these for quite some time since I thought it would go nicely with my other Jabba's palace statues, but Attakus's human likenesses aren't great so I didn't want to spend much on him. I had to drill holes in each part of the broken saber and insert a metal rod (i.e. a piece of a paper clip) to reinforce it since glue alone wouldn't hold. But it looks pretty good now. And the statue is actually pretty decent in person. Little resemblance to Mark Hamill, but it's clearly "Luke" and it goes nicely with my other statues. I think I've got all the ones that could fit in a Jabba's palace display, which is lucky since I have no more room here. (I suppose you could include the jawa, but he's holding a gun which seemed inappropriate to me.)

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It arrived damaged. UGH!
Sorry to hear about this. Did the seller tape the 2 foam parts of the box as he should? I know a GG Vader I got long ago arrived badly damaged because he was dancing inside the box because the seller forgot to tape the box. Good luck in finding another.

I think I've got all the ones that could fit in a Jabba's palace display, which is lucky since I have no more room here. (I suppose you could include the jawa, but he's holding a gun which seemed inappropriate to me.)
Very nice setup icruise!

My 2 Attakus statues displayed:

Reaction score
Great set up icruise, I only have the gamorrean attakus but it's one of the best things in my collection.... would love to add Boba one day :)

Serg.... what can I say, so much awesome in those 2 pics!!!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Did the seller tape the 2 foam parts of the box as he should? I know a GG Vader I got long ago arrived badly damaged because he was dancing inside the box because the seller forgot to tape the box. Good luck in finding another.

Very nice setup icruise!

My 2 Attakus statues displayed:

I would punch myself in the face to get that Emperor bust. ARGH!

Reaction score
Finally getting round to taking pictures of my latest Attakus 1:5 scale statues (Vader 2 & General Grievous)...

I think the detailing on the General Grievous statue is superb..., just look at all of the little things Attakus took the time to add to this great statue...

Unfortunately as you can see above in the whole picture of Grievous, my statue has a slight defect in that the light sabers will not go in Grievous's hands properly..., this is irritating for me BUT I can live with it as I'd rather not break the statue trying to force them in as intended. The problem with the light sabers has tarnished my opinion of the statue a little, I'm pretty sure this would be my favorite collectible if it wasn't for the minor problem BUT for now, the Darth Vader 2 is my favorite collectible & he looks better in hand than the pictures suggest too!!! :)

Reaction score
The Gamorrean Guard is my second favorite piece in my collection after the Sideshow Darth Vader PF. It's absolutely perfect IMO. The Attakus aliens are amazing. Still on the lookout for a Jawa and the Hansicle for eventual purchase. That Vader 2 is pretty sweet too.

Reaction score
Of course the only Jawa on eBay is listed for $250 and it's BROKEN. The Jawa usually sells for under $200, so I wonder why they're charging more than the going rate for a broken one.

Oh, right. It's Brianstoys.

Reaction score
The Gamorrean Guard is my second favorite piece in my collection after the Sideshow Darth Vader PF. It's absolutely perfect IMO. The Attakus aliens are amazing. Still on the lookout for a Jawa and the Hansicle for eventual purchase. That Vader 2 is pretty sweet too.
I pondered on the Vader 2 statue for quite a while, I wasn't sure if I really wanted it or not as I have so many Vader's already..., really glad I decided to buy it though as it's quite possibly my current favorite collectible in my collection (at the moment anyway). :)

Reaction score
The Vader 2 looks great in those pics Kev, first time I've ever been taken with it. :)

Reaction score
The Vader 2 looks great in those pics Kev, first time I've ever been taken with it. :)
It's far better in hand, I wasn't all that fussed on it to be honest, I was offered the statue several times & turned it down, then I had this idea for a display (a work in progress) so contacted the last chap that offered the statue to me & what can I say??? It's my favourite item out of everything I own..., no joke, it's very impressive. :)

Reaction score
It's far better in hand, I wasn't all that fussed on it to be honest, I was offered the statue several times & turned it down, then I had this idea for a display (a work in progress) so contacted the last chap that offered the statue to me & what can I say??? It's my favourite item out of everything I own..., no joke, it's very impressive. :)
Glad to hear you are digging it so much Kev, it's great to get a collectible that you are kinda taking a punt on and it surprises you with how great it is when you get it in-hand. :)

Reaction score
They both look awesome Kev you should be very happy with both purchases mate..... very impressive indeed!!!!

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are digging it so much Kev, it's great to get a collectible that you are kinda taking a punt on and it surprises you with how great it is when you get it in-hand. :)
Very true, I think I tend to like getting something I've not got anything of most of all as you don't really know what to expect then as you have no frame of reference..., with the Vader I obviously have plenty of examples of him BUT nothing that big so it made for a new angle of unexpectedness I guess, it's a great statue anyway. :)

Reaction score
They both look awesome Kev you should be very happy with both purchases mate..... very impressive indeed!!!!
Thanks, I am very happy with them..., all of the 1:5 scale Attakus statues stand out as being my favourites in my collection to be honest, their size gives them an edge ofcourse but they look great too. :) Getting my 1:5 scale Attakus Gamorrean Guard delivered next month which will be cool & take my total up to 9 of these statues. Then I'll just be on the look out for a Sandtrooper Squad Leader, the Tue Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, Boba Fett & the Stormtrooper (subject to price). :)

Reaction score
Got the Sandtrooper Sergeant a few days ago for $200.00 shipped. I thought it was a good deal considering the edition size and secondary market price sales. I really like the pose, size and detail ...

Reaction score
Nice pickup Julian...and great price! I've toyed with the idea of adding that Sandtrooper to my collection on several occasions but just never figured out a good place for one in my collection room. Your pics are once again tempting me.

Reaction score
Thank you, Ben. If you decide on picking one up, I honestly do not think you'll be dissapointed. The statue displays really well from most angles and although the weathering in certain areas could had been better, the pose, size and detail do give the piece that Wow! factor. It'll look great next to other Sandtrooper collectible (lifesize electro-binoculars for instance) or any other type of Imperial arrangement. Be tempted! :)

Reaction score
What can I say LS just brilliant photos my friend, looks fantastic!!!!

Very nice addition to your collection and $200 sounds well worth this piece

Congratulations mate :)

Reaction score
Congrats Julian! B) Loos great! This is the good looking Sandtrooper from Attakus, the other one has a stupid dancing pose.

Reaction score
Kev, great collection mate, i friggin love the Tusken Raider, on a side note, i live in Oz, i notice you are from Lincolnshire, my loverly lady of 7 years is from there, she came to oz about 18 years ago, she lived near the cathedral, its a small world mate, anybody from Lincolnshire is a Friend of mine, cheers

Reaction score
Thank you, Ben. If you decide on picking one up, I honestly do not think you'll be dissapointed. The statue displays really well from most angles and although the weathering in certain areas could had been better, the pose, size and detail do give the piece that Wow! factor. It'll look great next to other Sandtrooper collectible (lifesize electro-binoculars for instance) or any other type of Imperial arrangement. Be tempted! :)
I really am but I have two concerns. The only good spot for it in my collection right now would be in place of the TIE pilot in this shot...

(I do have an alternate spot for the pilot.) But do you think it would look out of place with mainly ROTJ Imperials (or am I being too anal)? I'm also not sure it would fit as I belive the Sandtrooper's base is a bit wider than the pilot's. Could you post the width of the base for me?

Congrats Julian! B) Loos great! This is the good looking Sandtrooper from Attakus, the other one has a stupid dancing pose.
Yeah, I would not go with the orange pauldron Sandie who's doing the "blaster boogie".

Reaction score
First off, nice shot of your collection. I've always enjoyed seeing all the nice collectibles you have and such variety. Having said this ... Ben, I like being honest, I think you are being a bit anal :)

I used to be like you. Many times I did not place something that looked good in a certain area because I felt I was betraying the rest of any theme/movie specific display by putting there a statue or bust from a different Episode. While it makes perfect sense to have things displayed by Episodes, I felt I was becoming a victim of my own selectiveness and leaving behind pieces that later on I realized I really wanted to have, but had become very hard to find or had gone up in price.

Sometimes there is just not enough room to display it all by Episodes or as first intended. There are times also, a statue could look really good next to another item, despite not being from the same Episode. That's when I say to myself "As long as it is Star Wars, it is all one brand" , and I just go ahead and display them together. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you like the Sandtrooper next to Vader then forget what Episode he was seen in, put him there and enjoy the view :)

The measurements for the base of the Sandtrooper are: 6" wide x 9" 6/16 long. Also, I agree with you and Sergiu. While the Sandtrooper Squad Leader sports my favorite shoulder pauldron color ( orange), his "Boogie Oogie Oogie" pose has never been my cup of tea. Adding items to my collection is limited due to space constrictions thus I'm forced to be very cautious with my purchases. To me, the Sandtrooper Sergeant has the best sculpt/appeal out of the two Sandtroopers, and thus I bought him.

Last, thanks to you Ben, Sergiu and Gartogg for the nice words towards my acquisition :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are absolutely right Julian...if I can fit the Sandie in without it looking too crowded I'm not going to worry about ANH vs. ROTJ. Thanks so much for taking the measurements...I'll see if I have room when I get home. Then it's a matter of tracking one down at a reasonable price. I'm sure not paying the $600 being asked in the current ebay listing.

Reaction score
You are absolutely right Julian...if I can fit the Sandie in without it looking too crowded I'm not going to worry about ANH vs. ROTJ. Thanks so much for taking the measurements...I'll see if I have room when I get home. Then it's a matter of tracking one down at a reasonable price. I'm sure not paying the $600 being asked in the current ebay listing.
You are welcome, Ben. Here I'm wishing you find one at a reasonable price and you get to enjoy it soon. However, $600.00 is wayyyyyy too much to spend on it. We should consider ourselves lucky to have funds to spare on collectibles, but in today's economy money doesn't come easy and collecting has become practically a luxury. Prices should reflect this and be within certain limits. After all, it doesn't hurt to shop around a little until a good deal comes your way. Sometimes the hunt is as exciting as getting the item itself. Good luck!

Reaction score
Thanks. After measuring, I think I'd have no problem fitting the Sandtrooper in so I guess I'm now officially in the hunt for one. I don't expect to find a deal quite as sweet as the one you found (but you never know)...I guess I'd be willing to pay around $300 for one.

Reaction score
Great pictures of the Sandtrooper Sergeant Julian, I'd even go so far as to say that your statue looks better than mine. lol ;) I like this one so much that I've been pondering on buying a second so that I have one either side of my Vader 2 Attakus statue..., there are so many Attakus statues I still want though so that's stopped me, so far. :)

Reaction score
Kev, great collection mate, i friggin love the Tusken Raider, on a side note, i live in Oz, i notice you are from Lincolnshire, my loverly lady of 7 years is from there, she came to oz about 18 years ago, she lived near the cathedral, its a small world mate, anybody from Lincolnshire is a Friend of mine, cheers
Thanks, the Tusken raider is certainly a statue worth having, I saw some pictures & thought it looked rather nice so when it turned up reasonably priced there was no pondering about it, I snapped it up quick. :) It's more impressive in hand, the 1:5 scale gives it an edge..., bigger is better I always say.

It certainly is a small world, I live up by the cathedral myself..., well it's about a 10 minute walk really, so near enough as the bells ring out an awful lot so I'd not want to be too near to it. lol ;) So, from your forum name can I assume your a Bib Fortuna fan??? I've recently been looking at the 1:5 scale Attakus statue of him, I think the likeness is pretty good but I'm not totally sure, I think it'll be something I need to see in hand & have a good look at in order to see if the likeness is there or not..., I don't suppose you have the statue do you???