Recent Acquisitions

Reaction score
Check your Target's(!), as mentioned the Slave 1 & Attack on Endor Cinema Scene sets have hit

Just picked up the Slave 1 set for my sons. That is a cool cinema scene set, just wish there was another figure in there..

Reaction score
Endor Attack is available right now on HasbroToyShop

Reaction score
jedi_ds said:
just the ewok w/glider? where? how much?
From a friend who didn't want the set. I didn't want anything else from the set, so I just got the Ewok w/glider from him.

Reaction score
jedi_ds said:
Nice one ... is it all one piece or does the glider detach?
I'm not sure ... I haven't even looked at it yet.
He packed it back in the box with the Slave I set and I haven't opened it yet.

Reaction score
My COSTCO Falcon arrived! Has anyone else noticed that the Tie Interceptors in the background look very GH like whilst the other ships do not. If you look closely on the Obi Wan Starfighter diorama its similar with ships that do not look GH style with a GH style Starfighter .... maybe just maybe we will be getting a Tie Interceptor!

Reaction score
still looking for Slave 1. is it only hitting target? am i nuts for stockpiling GH figs for my 2 1/2 year old to play with in a year or two?

Reaction score
fantasticfrog said:
still looking for Slave 1. is it only hitting target? am i nuts for stockpiling GH figs for my 2 1/2 year old to play with in a year or two?
nope your not nuts. my wife and i have started getting them for our daughter and she hasnt even been born yet (18 days left)

Checked the target on 192 here in Kissimmee it was picked clean really of any GH stuff... same goes for the walmart on 535 they both had packs but no cinema scenes and NO SLAVE1's though I did finally get my wife her transformers slave1 walmart had only one on the pegs

Reaction score
tk0316 said:
fantasticfrog said:
nope your not nuts. my wife and i have started getting them for our daughter and she hasnt even been born yet (18 days left)

Ditto ... I have been collecting for a couple of years now ... still hoping to have a boy .... or girl .... hasnt stopped me stocking up!

Reaction score
it is really funny how i think, "well, he needs an army of stormtroopers." i can't wait to play with the GH toys with him. he loves my force effects sabers already. i am hoping when he turns 3, he'll be close to ready for ANH. my wife says four.
any thoughts?

Reaction score
fantasticfrog said:
it is really funny how i think, "well, he needs an army of stormtroopers." i can't wait to play with the GH toys with him. he loves my force effects sabers already. i am hoping when he turns 3, he'll be close to ready for ANH. my wife says four.
any thoughts?
I keep saying I'll sell all my duplicate GH's on ebay (and there are quite a lot of them) but I always opt for saving them for my future child. I have some nieces and nephews coming for the wedding and I may put the dupes out for them to play with so they stay away from my collection.

As for what age to show ANH to your son, I'm thinking it really won't have an effect on him until he's at least 5. Maybe show him some Clone Wars episodes before that to get him ready for all the lightsabers and blasters?

Reaction score
I might fit into the bad parent category, but my son has been playing with Galactic Heroes since he was 15 months (he is now 2.9 years old). He has all of them and knows every character's name. His favorite book is the Star Wars Pop-up book, which we read on a nightly basis. He watches the Clone Wars cartoon with me. Last week when they launced the Y Wings I said "James look at the A-wings!" and he said "Daddy it's a Y-Wing." I think he likes Thomas the Train more, but he likes to play with his GHs with Dad. I bought him GHs before he was born and he has a 3.75" collection dating back to 1978 waiting for him.

Reaction score
i plan on giving most of my modern figs to my boys when they are old enough. i only really collect vintage now, so i have xmas gifts for years with what i have.
i hope he gets into the clone wars soon. he loves my talking yoda doll, who he calls bacca for some reason.

Reaction score
Well, after hitting the targets in my area everyday for two weeks I found the slave 1 galactic heroes set at a store I did not expect, Fred Meyers, for those who are not familar it is similar to fry's or Kroger's or a Meiers. But, Freddy's is based in the pacific northwest. Also, I have a feeling fry's might get these as well. Awesome set.

Reaction score
saw the rancor and at rt sets back at tru today $25! glad i got mine at ross

Reaction score
I opened the Slave I set over the weekend as I gave it to my 6 yr old son thanks to a great report card he got at school.

I have to say that even though the size is small, it is a great ship, my son has a blast getting Boba in and out of the cockpit and turning the seat up and down. I also noted that this is the first time that Hasbro is actually making use of the peg holes on the figs. as the "seat" has a peg where Boba can be positioned without moving all over the cockpit. I wish that they had added pegs to the MF and the other ships such as Vader's TIE and the Jedi Starfighters mainly. When we play with those poor Vader, Anakin and Obi fly around the cockpit and hit their heads hard! Not to mention the MF crew, poor Chewie and 3PO can't finish a chess game!

The carbonite Han play feature is a neat one, my wife inserted it the first time and it was hard to get it out, but then after that it got looser. I wished that they had made the cargo area a bit bigger with a door and a small ramp instead of having the slot underneath but oh well.

The Boba figure is smaller than the normal one that came with the Carkoon set so it can fit inside the cockpit. My son try to get Jango inside but even putting it sideways, his blasters where sticking out and the canopy couldn't close, he was a bit dissapointed, he was able though to use the chamber that frees up when the seat is rotated to use it as a cell, he put Obi-wan inside saying that he was captured by Boba!? Go figure...

Overall I am please with this ship, it maybe the last one we get as he will be turning 7 next year and he is showing more interest on the 3 3/4 line now, although he still has issues with caring for the lightsabers, weapons and accessories, that is why I love the liitle GH's!

Reaction score
Nice sets, I think we'll pass on the Jango/Slave set but will get the Anakin Starfighter as we don't have it in that style (we passed on the Obi-wan one as we already had the Delta style ( Ep II, CW)one)

Reaction score
Guys-

If you head over to coupons(dot)com, there is a $5 off SW Hasbro coupon good for any Hasbro toy purchase totaling $20 or more. Just click on the "Toys" coupon section (lefthand side) & it will pull the coupon up, print (& repeat if necessary!)
Expires 4/1/2010

Worked like a charm & just saved $5 off the GH cinema scene Attack on Endor @ Target for my sons (an XMAS gift).

hope this helps!

Reaction score
Reaction score
found the Endor Attack at Target again today .. by the way goto coupons.com for a $5 off any $20 spent on Hasbro Star Wars .. got the set for $17.99 .. reasonable I think

Reaction score
Picked up another 4 arm Grievous/Fisto pack, this Grievous is tooo hard to pass on when you see even if you already have one. I'll keep this one as my son "owns' the first one

Went to my local TRU and did see a healthy stock of Cinema Scenes fopr the first time in months. They had ~3 Slave I's, a few Endor attacks, Medal ceremony, Anakin's yellow starfighter and Endor celebration. It was nice to see love once again from TRU to our GH's

Reaction score
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Picked up another 4 arm Grievous/Fisto pack, this Grievous is tooo hard to pass on when you see even if you already have one. I'll keep this one as my son "owns' the first one

Went to my local TRU and did see a healthy stock of Cinema Scenes fopr the first time in months. They had ~3 Slave I's, a few Endor attacks, Medal ceremony, Anakin's yellow starfighter and Endor celebration. It was nice to see love once again from TRU to our GH's
our's was stocked up as well with the same sets (+ another 6 cases on the top shelf stocked up high)- I picked up the Sail Barge (w/ Droopy & Max Rebo) for my sons... Maybe they have another $19.99 sale on them in the near future?

At any rate, those $5/off Hasbro coupons are coming in real handy

Reaction score
Picked up the ROTJ Falcon at Costco for $14.97!!! Thanks to my dear friend Obione for letting me know. I actually picked this up when it first arrived for $30-something, but I returned that one, as they wouldn't let me do a price adjustment, and repurchased it. Of the four Costco's in my area, two had it priced at $19.99, one at $19.97, and the last at $14.97.

Reaction score
That's probably why they're all gone at the local Costco I went to last night. There was an entire pallet of them last week. I figured the holiday rush sold them out.

Reaction score
Although not Star Wars Mighty Muggs, I did see at TRU tonight the new movie version Transformer Muggs. Made me want new Star Wars Muggs!!!

Reaction score
I picked up the GH TRU Jabba's Sail Barge cinema scene for my little cousin, who really wanted a Jabba. What a sweet set. If I'm not careful I will be tempted to collect more GH figs myself!

Reaction score
Yeah, I love that set (and not just because I'm a Jabba fanatic). It's really well done. I just wish they had either included the entire Rebo band.

Reaction score
icruise said:
Yeah, I love that set (and not just because I'm a Jabba fanatic). It's really well done. I just wish they had either included the entire Rebo band.
I bet that they'll release part II with the resto of the band just like the Cantina Encounter Wal-Mart Exclusives a couple of years ago