Recent Acquisitions

Reaction score
Just bit the bullet and bought the Action Fleet X-Wing vs. Vader's TIE Fighter Japan set off ebay (the set where both ships are a silver color). The total was $139, but I had $104 in my paypal account from selling a few things. It's been sitting there for a while so I decided to use it. A buddy of mine sent me a promo code which is 20% off on select items, and ends Oct. 9th. My total came to $115, so really I just used $10 and change from my own account. Estimated delivery is mid to the end of October, as the set is from Japan.

Now to get the 18 battlepacks from Galoob and I will be all caught up on my Original Trilogy Action Fleet collection. What a great feeling.
Good catch ! I really like the Action Fleet 2-packs (Japanese set, as well as the Millennium Falcon vs TIE Interceptor and X-Wing vs TIE Fighter). The packaging makes them look really great, and the selection is good. I think a Snowspeeder vs AT-AT could have been great too !

Reaction score
Good catch ! I really like the Action Fleet 2-packs (Japanese set, as well as the Millennium Falcon vs TIE Interceptor and X-Wing vs TIE Fighter). The packaging makes them look really great, and the selection is good. I think a Snowspeeder vs AT-AT could have been great too !
Thanks! Yeah this was the cheapest I've seen it, and with the extra money I had in my paypal I said screw it lol.

You know, now that you mention it, a Snowspeeder/AT-AT 2 pack would have been great. It definitely makes sense. They could have made the Snowspeeder Wedge's perhaps.

Reaction score
Went a bit mad in September on Amazon and around the local toy fairs so here's my hauls

Reaction score
The Japan Zaap Exclusive set arrived yesterday. It's beautiful!

Reaction score
Attached the wrong pic originally because I fail at technology lol (dang no edit button).

Reaction score
I just picked up a Star Wars Special Edition 3 pack with a micro machines milenium falcon, slave I and death star II and they are like "ultra-micro". The falcon is the size of my fingernail lol. Does anyone have any info on this set of super tiny micro machines? I can post pics later if need be.

Reaction score
I just picked up a Star Wars Special Edition 3 pack with a micro machines milenium falcon, slave I and death star II and they are like "ultra-micro". The falcon is the size of my fingernail lol. Does anyone have any info on this set of super tiny micro machines? I can post pics later if need be.
I'd like to see a pic. Never heard of that set.

Reaction score
I'm trying to recall if the DS is in the set but I think you have the micro boxed set that was given out during the Special Edition film releases in 1997.

Reaction score
I found a pic on Rebelscum of the set I have with a 3.75 yoda figure for scale

These things are seriously small.
Yep, that is it. I bought mine on Ebay around 2003. I believe it was given out for the Empire Special Edition and I missed it, but did get the Jedi Luke figure from RotJ Spec Edition on opening day.

Reaction score
Yep, that is it. I bought mine on Ebay around 2003. I believe it was given out for the Empire Special Edition and I missed it, but did get the Jedi Luke figure from RotJ Spec Edition on opening day.
I randomly found it on ebay and was intrigued that the seller described them as extremely tiny so my curiosity got the best of me and I bought it. I had never been aware that Galoob ever made any SW Micro Machines this small and by the looks of it this set may have been the only time they did.

Reaction score
Randomly stopped by an antique store today. The place had a huge Star Wars collectibles booth, mostly larger figures. But I found the R2 and TIE Pilot Transforming head playsets, each for $12 (both unopened). And I found a loose Titanium Gian Speeder for $3. Sadly, they were the only Galoob toys there.

Reaction score
Picked up the HW OT Star Destroyer. Fun little ship. I'm still considering the revell OT Star Destroyer kit, but this will do for now.

Reaction score
What would the [h=1]Star Wars Titanium Series Die-Cast 2009 - Outrider be worth still in the pack never opened?[/h]

Reaction score
This weekend at Dollar Tree, I ran into some Hot Wheels Character Cars on 40th anniversary black & silver cardbacks. The character art is a bit strange: they're not photos but cartoon-like drawings. The Leia one didn't look anything like her. But the packages are nice quality, an official-looking with Disney and Mattel copyrights. Product of Thailand, so maybe that's why they're a bit different to what I see in Walmart for $4-5 each. I got Vader, Chewie & a Stormtrooper, but they also had Leia, pilot Luke, & R2-D2. I'm wondering if they got Han, too.

Reaction score
I hopped on the HW Starships bandwagon only recently. What started me was when I learned about the battle scenes and playsets. With a fun way to display them I was on board. Yesterday I got lucky and came across the Mandalorian Talon Fighter, OT Falcon, Partisan X-wing, and U-Wing at my local WM. What's strange is they were not there the week before, and they were the old packaging from last year. Maybe an employee found a stash somewhere or someone returned them. Either way I was glad to have found them. I was about to go on ebay for those specific ones that I couldn't find anymore with all the newer waves being stocked.

Reaction score
Picked up an Action Fleet X-wing (Luke's) loose for $14. It was missing 2 laser cannons and the cockpit window but I have spares. I plan to customize it into John D. Branon's Red 4 X-wing. It's the clean version, I wanted that one so I could do my own weathering.

Reaction score
Gamestop has a sale going on 25 % Per Cent off of all Hasbro Star Wars items even off the clearance items.
Join the Jedi Sale > This promotion started on March 11th and will finalize on March 20th.

Reaction score
I got my Hot Wheels Elite Falcon arrived this morning.

I also picked up a up a set of the Bandai Gashaphons too. They are very nice.

Reaction score
was digging through some of my boxes in my attic and found a complete Action Fleet E-Wing :D - forgot I had this ship

Reaction score
was digging through some of my boxes in my attic and found a complete Action Fleet E-Wing :D - forgot I had this ship
It's always fun to discover stuff you forgot you had. The Sail Barge rekindled my interest in Star Wars toy collecting again. I was going through all my boxes to take inventory of what I had in my collection. Found all kinds of stuff I forgot I had. Most relevant to this thread were an action fleet Tie Bomber, Slave I, and A-wing. I also found my old Micro Machines Hoth and Death Star sets. I completely forgot I had those because I thought I left them at home when I moved away for college. At some point I must have moved them later on after I graduated and had a place of my own.

Reaction score
picked up a ROTS Titanium Millennium Falcon the other day for cheap ($3.00) still sealed... I'm planning on making a custom version of this ship with a spare POTF Millennium Falcon toy that I have.

I also found all of the Solo Mattel Hot Wheels ships at my local Target.

I'm kinda bummed that Hasbro didn't release any Micro Machines for the Solo line. I loved the sets they made for TFA and RO.

I was also going through my storage garage the other day and found a bunch of the old MPC Plastic model kits from back in the 80s and inside one of the boxes that holds the Hoth Rebel Base set was a ton of Galoob Micro Machines ships and figures... :D

Reaction score
Those are the best acquisitions - unearthing an old collection you may have forgot about, but would be happy to have now. MM are one of my favorite collectibles of all time, so I pick them up when I can. I recently saw a post with modern MM for sale, mostly from the blind bags (which I never purchased) - so I jumped at the opportunity so buy some for $1 each. I haven't received them yet, but I'll be happy to cross a few new ships off my list!

Reaction score
Finally found some of the Solo Hot Wheels. Happy to have Landu's Falcon and Han's Speeder.

Reaction score
digging through more boxes in my storage unit and came across a few of the old transforming head playsets (Vader, Fett and IRG) as well as a few micro figure packs (Scout Troopers, Endor Rebels and Bounty Hunters). I also found my old Cloud City micro machines playset too.

I really wish Hasbro would bring these back out. I think the main problem with the most recent MM's were the cheaper flimsy plastic and the lack of display stands for the ships. the designs and sets were cool but they just lacked the durability and the stands from the old Galoob line

Reaction score
scored a HUGE lot at an estate sale over the weekend. almost the entire run of the Galoob micro ships (all still on card, almost all the mini figures till on their cards, and a few of the playsets still sealed in there original boxes (Tatoonie, Dagobah, Hoth, Endor and TIE Pilot Training Academy) as well as the 3 somewhat micro machines from Revenge of the Sith (Turbo Tank, Invisible Hand and Tantive IV), a small box that has most of the recent a TFA micro machines, the 4 TFA Micro Machine playsets (star destroyer, falcon, stormtrooper and R2) and a few Action Fleet goodies (Green A-Wing, X-Wing with Flight Controller) all for under $100.00.. it was a good day :D

Reaction score
recently scored a second Action Fleet Imperial Troop Transport ship at a yard sale over the weekend and decided to weather it to bring out the details.

- Before

- After

Reaction score
been going through more boxes in my attic and storage unit and found a few gems;

the silver/pewter editions of the Micro Machines A New Hope Set, Empire and Jedi sets as well as the Bronze deluxe box set with bronze DSII

also found a couple Action Fleet goodies too... the AOTC Solar Sailer and AOTC Republic Assault Ship, Republic Gunship (CW Deco), AT-TE, Theed Hanger still in the box and a TIE Fighter too. :D

Reaction score
I picked up a Hot Wheels Hover Tank at TRU today for 2 bucks. A good portion of the store is roped off, with only the front having whatever product is left. I've probably made my last purchases at TRU, but I'd like to swing in next week one last time just to say goodbye.

Reaction score
I picked up a Hot Wheels Hover Tank at TRU today for 2 bucks. A good portion of the store is roped off, with only the front having whatever product is left. I've probably made my last purchases at TRU, but I'd like to swing in next week one last time just to say goodbye.
Plan to do the same this week!. Foe weeks I've been wanting to make that "last purchase" to commemorate, but there has either been nothing I want, or still more expensive than I can get elsewhere. Got quite a few Hotwheels at the 99cent store, so passed up the tank at TRU for $4 or so.
I did buy at least some shelf pegs , and a couple have the star Wars 3 3/4" figure tag, so that's a nice way to remember TRU.
Hopefully there will be some little memento to pick up this week, seeing it now is the Final Week.

Reaction score
I just took advantage of the Disney Discount on their series of ships + accompanying figures that remind of the Action Fleet: Poe's X-Wing, TIE Silencer, Ski Speeder and Millennium Falcon.

These are fairly large, I was expecting them to be more in line with the AF (maybe I saw what I wanted to see on the various pics that were posted here), but the detail is good and sharp. The figs are ugly though, so they will stay in the cockpits !

Reaction score
I finally started working on getting the last parts of my Action Fleet collection tonight. I just need the 18 battle packs from Galoob - I picked up Battle packs 9, 10 and 11. I made sure they were the ones which came with the extra figure.

Almost there!

Reaction score
I just won another battle packs lot, this time its battle packs # 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 12. I'm really thrilled about winning this lot as all these packs have the extra figure variant. To get all them in one shot, for a reasonable price ($50) is pretty awesome.

8 more to go!

Reaction score
My Takara Tomy Millennium Falcons arrived yesterday (OT and Solo versions).

I also received my Han and Chewie Transformer.

Reaction score
I just won another battle packs lot, this time its battle packs # 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 12. I'm really thrilled about winning this lot as all these packs have the extra figure variant. To get all them in one shot, for a reasonable price ($50) is pretty awesome.

8 more to go!
I can't believe you of all people are just now collecting these! Nice score, that's a great deal. I picked up most of the battle packs as well--love Jabba, the Dewback, and especially the Bantha!

Reaction score
I can't believe you of all people are just now collecting these! Nice score, that's a great deal. I picked up most of the battle packs as well--love Jabba, the Dewback, and especially the Bantha!
Heh tell me about it. I always kept putting it off as I was more focused on the ships first. I'm sure #18 will be tough to find though.

Reaction score
Heh tell me about it. I always kept putting it off as I was more focused on the ships first. I'm sure #18 will be tough to find though.
The Rebels Troops! I just searched, looks like it is really expensive. I'm curious if you're collecting them and leaving them in package or opening them? Also curious if you've collected the Hoth/Yavin/Death Star playsets? I bought a lot on eBay a while back that contained a bunch of loose AF figures, and there were several Hoth rebel soldiers and rebel troopers within it, so I never actually sought out pack 18. I will admit that I paid waaay too much for the Death Star Escape pack, but I think it's awesome.

I seem to recall you did a review of Yavin. I said it before, and I'll say it again, you are the reason I have a collection of Action Fleets!