Recent Acquisitions - Yo Joe Edition

Reaction score
Struck gold and came across some BATS and Alley Vipers at my local Target this morning. I canceled my Amazon preorder.
Must be nice. This was my Target this afternoon. I really hate my area sometimes. Why can’t find these? Could someone hook me up with 5 Bats and 5 Alley Vipers. I am about to give up and throw myself to the scalpers. Star Wars Black series is equally bad.

F8B026D0-037A-4A01-8E2D-E1C6C3A44113.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Must be nice. This was my Target this afternoon. I really hate my area sometimes. Why can’t find these? Could someone hook me up with 5 Bats and 5 Alley Vipers. I am about to give up and throw myself to the scalpers. Star Wars Black series is equally bad.

View attachment 411114
If you are going to resort to scalpers you might as well pre-order with BBTS or Dorkside or someplace. It may take longer, but they always pull through for me. And you might still find some in stores while you wait.

Reaction score
If you are going to resort to scalpers you might as well pre-order with BBTS or Dorkside or someplace. It may take longer, but they always pull through for me. And you might still find some in stores while you wait.
It’s ridiculous but I know my area is like the last to get anything new. I do have them pre ordered but still. It would be nice to walk into a store and boom there they were. My area seems to always get overlooked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As as a store report: The Blue HISS tank is going on clearance, one of my walmarts had one for $17, the other a very tempting $12, so fyi.

Reaction score

View attachment 411114
Um, same boat. I jus want 1 Bat and 1 Alley Viper.... Can’t even get that..

Reaction score
My LCS finally had some BATS and Alley Vipers, so I grabbed one of each of them. I really love the look of the Alley Vipers, even with the not-quite realistic coloring.

bac

Reaction score
O-Ring sets arrived. What I posted at HissTank:

PROS

- The outer brown box is a nice touch to protect the packaging
- Storm Shadow is nice and white!
- While the figures feel different/slightly lighter than vintage, they still feed good
- Storm Shadow's backpack fits snug into the hole
- Snake eyes holds his gun nicely
- The matte finish doesn't bother me at all
- The Storm Shadow logo looked a little blurred. BUT that was my old ass eyes. Under a magnifier it's sharp and well defined.

CONS

- Both my Snake Eyes card punch tabs have scuffing around their edges. Storm Shadows do not
- One Storm Shadow card has machine marks pressed into it (that was the opener)
- I knew the weapons would be soft. Just wish they were a little more rigid
- All four flimsy cards came fully warped into basically arches

I am very much into these loose. Like LOVE THEM loose.

But while my original intent was to also build a MOC collection, I am seriously reconsidering that given the flimsy cards and will decide by the time Duke/CC and the Troopers go up for pre-order.

Snake Eyes with a Super7 cartoon rifle.

O-Ring Returns to G.I. Joe-se.jpg

bac

Reaction score
^ Scarlett already has a head from the HasLab so I thinks she's a given. The real question is whether they'll get past the obvious figure choices and into the second tier. I want Recondo and Mutt, for example.

Reaction score
I got a Classified B.A.T. and Alley-Viper. Alley-Viper's waist joint is fused, won't move. There are reports of these breaking in half at this very waist joint.

Reaction score
Alley Vipers for $20 is a steal! (Relatively speaking, of course.) My LCS only had them for one day, and they were $25 a pop.

Reaction score
Picked up Super 7 Stormshadow and Snakeyes from Target today. I couldn't pull the trigger on all the others mostly because of the price.

Reaction score
Picked up Super 7 Stormshadow and Snakeyes from Target today. I couldn't pull the trigger on all the others mostly because of the price.
I keep thinking that if I see some of those sailer army builders I might pick some up, but only if they are marked down a bit.

Reaction score
I keep thinking that if I see some of those sailer army builders I might pick some up, but only if they are marked down a bit.
To me honest I have yet to see them or the Shocktrooper. Picked up Stormshadow and the light blue Snake eyes. The voice actor for Stormshadow is coming to a convention close to me. I want to get the S7 SS signed by him.

bac

Reaction score
I've seen those S7 figures around. I still can't believe that anyone would want a 5POA GI Joe.

They look great on display, especially in vehicles or in any of the bases/Flagg, as straight up Sunbow interpretations. The colors and perfect paint apps pop. I'm saying that as no 5POA fan. In-hand they are fun, especially when the new Hasbro Retro line is a bit of a delayed mess at the moment.

I was a WTF are these kind of guy until I caved and got one. Now I have several.

Reaction score
Received my o-ring Cobra Trooper/Officer pack from Hasbro about a week ago.

Today all vintage O-ring, Leatherneck, BAT (missing hand, other wise complete) and a complete Field Outpost arrived in the mail.

Reaction score
I was just looking to see about posting a new thread for Operation: Recall. I think it's a pretty fun idea. I just hope the figure designs are at least as interesting as the first few reveals.

Reaction score
My Classified Cobra Officer finally arrived today. Amazon delayed it twice asking for approval each time. I thought for sure this third date was going to bring a cancellation notice, but thankfully not.

Reaction score
The Retro Destro and Gung Ho both arrived today.
Good thing I'm an opener, because you can add me to the ever-growing list of collectors who are receiving these figures in horrid condition.