Recent Acquisitions - Yo Joe Edition

Reaction score
received the last installments of the FSS 7.0 series:

Tiger Force Jinx
Sgt. Stalker
Hollow Point

both Stalker and Jinx are the clear winners of this last shipment. Hollow Point is cool but he's kinda a cross between Rock and Roll and Low Light in my book.

Reaction score
Recently was digging through my storage closet and found a Hall of Heroes Zartan, and then it made me want more of those 10 figures, so I picked up Snake Eyes, Snake eyes w/ wolf, Storm Shadow, Beachhead and Firefly off ebay.

Reaction score
Picked up a handful of 40 percent off items at the Joe Club Online Store clearance sale. Sad to see the Club is going away.

Reaction score
Have you tried to order without joining? I recall an email saying (I think) the sale was open to anybody. Or it said open to any former and current members. Sorry, I cant remember. I'm still mad at myself for not getting the yellow AT base camp tent set when it went on sale several years ago.

Reaction score
I started re-collecting all of the old ARAH Joes about 2 years ago and am getting close to being finished. It was so fun to get a couple every week! I'm down to just a handful from '82, the most expensive ones of course lol Also, I didn't get all of the '92-'94 figures, just the ones that I thought looked cool or were semi-realistic still. Big Lob is on my radar, but man that figure goes for a lot now! I also started doing a personal project where I touched up my figures to make them more accurate to the card art or just felt like painting details that were left unpainted on the figures. I also some of the later post '91 Joes more realistic paint decos. Some of those '92-'94 Joes were actually great sculpts but just needed more subdued paint colors.

I'll start sharing pics of some of my Joes I updated or customized on here soon.

I love talking about Joes!

Who were some of your favorite Joes and which Joes did you guys think were either underrated or maybe would have been way more awesome if given a more realistic color scheme?

Reaction score
I have a mostly (?) complete Cobra Hammerhead on the line via eBay. It was my favorite vehicle as a kid and I'm excited to get one again. I'm also bidding on Chuckles and eying Serpentor.

Reaction score
I recently purchased a huge bag of loose Joe figures at Goodwill. Only a few weapons were inside the bag and some o-rings had snapped on the figures but thats okay since the price was amazing. There are about 40 figures from 1983-87. I only had one Joe as a kid since Star Wars was my passion, but in 1987 I saw the Joe Movie which got me interested in the whole series. But I only managed to get the one figure before my dark ages for toys began the next year. But now in one purchase I have been able to instantly bulk up my collection. I'm very happy with their condition. I'm wondering if someone can help me identify a few unknown items from the lot.
1580190591108508165188097262920.jpg
On the right I'm 99 percent sure I have Kenner Sallah's robes and Leia's poncho. On the left is a cloth black cloak with red stitching in a wave pattern, a v neck, and a red neck piece that looks like it is meant to stand up behind the figure's head when it's wearing it. You cant see them but the cloak is open on the sides where the arms would slip through, and open on the bottom to slide the legs through. This bottom hole is large enough to get a whole figure through, which is likely the access point where this cloak is removed from the figure. It seems like it belongs to a demonic type leader figure, but definitely does not look like a Joe accessory. The two weapons in the middle are not Joe figure weapons but perhaps they are vehicle parts? One is Olive drab green and the other dark grey. Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Reaction score
I recently purchased a huge bag of loose Joe figures at Goodwill. Only a few weapons were inside the bag and some o-rings had snapped on the figures but thats okay since the price was amazing. There are about 40 figures from 1983-87. I only had one Joe as a kid since Star Wars was my passion, but in 1987 I saw the Joe Movie which got me interested in the whole series. But I only managed to get the one figure before my dark ages for toys began the next year. But now in one purchase I have been able to instantly bulk up my collection. I'm very happy with their condition. I'm wondering if someone can help me identify a few unknown items from the lot.
View attachment 343519
On the right I'm 99 percent sure I have Kenner Sallah's robes and Leia's poncho. On the left is a cloth black cloak with red stitching in a wave pattern, a v neck, and a red neck piece that looks like it is meant to stand up behind the figure's head when it's wearing it. You cant see them but the cloak is open on the sides where the arms would slip through, and open on the bottom to slide the legs through. This bottom hole is large enough to get a whole figure through, which is likely the access point where this cloak is removed from the figure. It seems like it belongs to a demonic type leader figure, but definitely does not look like a Joe accessory. The two weapons in the middle are not Joe figure weapons but perhaps they are vehicle parts? One is Olive drab green and the other dark grey. Thanks for any help you all can provide!
I want to say the black robe is from Ming the Merciless from a Flash Gordon line. The green weapon is G.I. Joe, it's from the JUMP. Not sure about the other one. And yeah, you're right about the Leia Poncho.

Reaction score
Thank you the cloak has been identified. It's not Joe so I won't clog this thread up with anything else unrelated. I'm debating tracking down all the weapons for the Joes I bought or just displaying them as is. It would take a long time to gear them all up. By the way, a plug for the YoJoe.com website. Its a great resource.

Reaction score
my most recent stuff is as follows:
serpentor mostly complete no knife, and a torn cape. his chariot has seen better days but its still in good shape.
repeater
red dog
taurus (thus completing the renegades)
i also got a carded star brigade ozone last month
and a carded ninja scarlett a while back i hate to open them they look super mint.
in older stuff
thanks to a friend here i managed to piece together a complete spirit and find an eagle on ebay
he also sent me a crap ton of stuff including a hiss tank i dont have a driver yet though.
i got a conquest-x30 last year that i managed to complete as well.
i also picked up blowtorch because my firend jedikman sent me some loose joe acessories he found from when he was a kid
in that stuff was most of blowtorchs stuff i just grabbed a loose figure with the missing mask and now hes complete.

Reaction score
That's a lotta Mutts!

Do books count? I just got the novel The Sultan's Secret by Peter Lerangis, which features some pretty awesome cover art.

Take that, Mindbungler!

Reaction score
Nice find. I did a bit of research and found that legendary artist Earl Norem did that cover art. All 6 covers of those novels would make beautiful posters.

Reaction score
View attachment 343519
I know that the green gun with the arm clip is from the JUMP jetpack. It came with Grand Slam? It's his weapon. The black piece is to one pf the joe Pac Rats? i think that's what they were called. its the one with the gun turret on wheels . Black robe is the dark wizard from D&D

Reaction score
The green gun is from the JUMP, it's missing the sight/arm, and the dark grey gun is from the cobra CLAW.

Reaction score
One Hammerhead came via FedEx yesterday afternoon! :D

Although it has the main things that make up its distinctive look, like the top-mounted command module and the two detachable attack subs, it's incomplete. I just need the bow laser machine guns, the spring-loaded disintegrator missile launchers, the radar unit for the command module and the two sea sleds. Not to mention Decimator, preferably with his distinctive helmet. I'm amazed whoever held on to it all these years lost things like the bow guns and sea sleds but not any of the various missiles! It has almost all of its missiles!

Even incomplete as it is, I'm reminded of why I loved this thing as a kid so dang much. A six-wheeled hammerhead shark amphibious armored car! What's not to love?! Look at this beast! And it is a beast! It barely fits on the shelf I'd allocated for it! :D

Next up: The Parasite and Serpentor's Air Chariot! :)

Reaction score
Finally replaced my childhood straight arm Snake Eyes. A figure that I truly didn't appreciate enough as a kid; but that was probably because I got him after the Snake Eyes v2 was released and I thought straight armed figures were obsolete by then. I didn't really start appreciating the historical value of straight armed Joes until I started recollecting the line as an adult.

I also just ordered a v1.5 Rock 'N Roll and the RAM motorcycle, so hopefully those show up early next week.

Reaction score
So far I'm really enjoying The Sultan's Secret. It really feels like an episode of the show transported into the pages of a pulpy adventure novel. I'll definitely have to check out the other five books in the series. :)

Reaction score
The obsession is starting to pick up steam: Rock 'N Roll and the RAM motorcycle showed up in the mail. Now I'm waiting on a MOC Gung Ho in Dress Blues and two Bazookas (1985 and Battle Corps versions).

Reaction score
I'm eyeing a few other possible purchases myself, including Serpentor's Air Chariot and the Parasite as mentioned. Because of the Hammerhead being the centerpiece, I'm mostly aiming at acquiring aquatic-themed Joe and Cobra stuff.

Reaction score
I recently got a straight arm Breaker. It's the first time I've ever owned this figure and he's really cool. I'm developing a real appreciation for the original 1982 Joes. I'm kind of surprised that he didn't come with a rifle, but I'm sure that was a cost saving measure on Hasbro's part. I went ahead and bought a spare Grunt rifle to give him.

Reaction score
One Hammerhead came via FedEx yesterday afternoon! :D

Although it has the main things that make up its distinctive look, like the top-mounted command module and the two detachable attack subs, it's incomplete. I just need the bow laser machine guns, the spring-loaded disintegrator missile launchers, the radar unit for the command module and the two sea sleds. Not to mention Decimator, preferably with his distinctive helmet. I'm amazed whoever held on to it all these years lost things like the bow guns and sea sleds but not any of the various missiles! It has almost all of its missiles!

Even incomplete as it is, I'm reminded of why I loved this thing as a kid so dang much. A six-wheeled hammerhead shark amphibious armored car! What's not to love?! Look at this beast! And it is a beast! It barely fits on the shelf I'd allocated for it! :D

Next up: The Parasite and Serpentor's Air Chariot! :)
Probably one of my favorite cobra vehicles back in the day.