Recent Acquisitions - Yo Joe Edition

Reaction score
Not a toy, but certainly an awesome acquisition. The Man himself, Larry Hama, was at Denver Comic Con last weekend and I was able to meet him and get a pencil sketch from him of one of my favorite characters - Flash.

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm very happy with it so far. But I'm going to start assembling it next week. It's going to be a blast!
Congrats on that haul!

I ponied up for the Joecon Backstop figure. Definitely have a bit of buyer's remorse, but being Canadian, I'm happy to have the fig.

Edit: Also found a lone Cobra Legion set at a Ross by me. That's all I was looking for, pretty happy to get that over with after only checking two stores.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The FSS 5.0 figs went up on the Club store on Friday night, I was able to get Raptor and Darklon before they sold out. I should have picked up Salvo too, but I got a bagged Big Lob instead. They just came in today's mail and the Big Lob has a big mark on his right jawline, as if it was attached to a sprue there and more material peeled off than intended when it was removed from it.

Reaction score
^Whoa, you got a Bolo! That fig beside Road Pig was legendary on HISSTank.com:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-ebay/9846-made-me-laugh-out-loud.html

This post in the thread shows the text from the original eBay listing:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/135999-post9.html

And this one shows more info on it.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/1507938-post117.html

It looks like the Armadillo in your lot already got Bolo'd! I hope to see him featured in one of your awesome pictures, Scarrviper. If he allows you to take the picture, that is :D !

On topic, I got one of the Joecon BATs over the weekend:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I totally spaced the SDCC Exclusive release on HTS yesterday. so didnt get the Missile Command Playset. Apparently it was the first item to sell out.

Reaction score
^Got mine in the mail today, but the box was a crushed on one end. I was hoping to just keep it sealed, so that's disappointing. I've never had issues with damaged packaging from HTS before. Also got a Joecon Laser Viper and Corrosion recently.

Reaction score
got an 94 action pilot to go with my skystriker jet that goes on my Flagg. Also have a 2nd action pilot coming for me. And picked up a 94 Flint to help work on completing my set. First figure I've bought in nearly a year to help complete my set.

23 more figures to complete my set!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought a 94 flint to fix the first flint figure I have that came with cracked and stressed elbows. So, at least I have a complete piece that's nice.

Reaction score
Most recent aquisitions, all to my Flagg display. I got a complete Tomahawk with lift ticket (minus mic) and a shell tomahawk to put on the deck of my Flagg. Additionally, I grabbed 2 action pilots, 2 action marines and an action soldier for the displays. One pilot is in my Skystriker with Ace, another is coming out of the tower , 2 marines in the complete tomahawk, and the action solider coming up the stairs of the flagg deck.

I just need to post some pics up here...

Reaction score
The Flagg still makes me so jealous that I grumble and hate people. ;) Looks great ihnken33!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Got the Joecon Eco Warriors Flint and the first FSS 6.0 shipment on Friday. The figures were Hardtop and Crosshairs. Hardtop is nice, but Crosshairs looks really good. I sold it off though, to recoup some money. I didn't really have any connection with the fig or character. Still, it's a pretty cool fig.

Reaction score
The last wave of 50th 2 packs has been showing up at ROSS for $10. I've picked up some Zombie Viper packs but I'm looking for the SE/SS pack to keep carded. Also got the second wave of FSS 6.0 and Joecon Eco Warriors Ozone and Clean Sweep recently.

Reaction score
Call me old school, but I just don't see the appeal of the day-glo vehicles, etc.
GI Joe will always be military for me. Give me drab and camo or nothing at all.

Reaction score
Picked up a 1994 GI Joe Gears figure. that brings me to 20 left to get. I have a 94 Shipwreck figure ordered, so when he arrives, I'll be in the teens! 19 figures left to buy and GI Joe collection will be (Figure and accessory wise) complete! gonna be a challenge to get the file cards for this set, but I'll do my best.

Reaction score
Arrived today, Marvel GI Joe #1, and #21. Awesome! 2 closer to completing my set.
I have 1-50 but I stopped buying the comic regularly after that.

Those early comics were so great...and I loved that the stories weren't dumbed down. (Later comics felt more dumbed down).

Reaction score
Call me old school, but I just don't see the appeal of the day-glo vehicles, etc.
GI Joe will always be military for me. Give me drab and camo or nothing at all.
My favorite will always be the vintage Cobra "blue and black" - the Stinger, HISS, Ferret, ASP, Rattler and FANG come to mind, but the greenish blueish Water Moccasin is probably my favorite of the bunch!

Reaction score
while not G.I. Joe per say I did pick up a couple new Corps sets at Walmart today in Old Bridge. they work well with the Joe Universe

Reaction score
got my G.I. Joe Collectors Club Heartwrencher sets today. the coloring is off from the Vintage Ground Assault jeep but it's still cool. Heartwrencher is a cool character to have but sadly she really doesn't fit very well in the Ground Assault jeep. sadly she is too tall and her head pushes up against the top of the jeep. I'll try to take some better pics tonight but here's a few: