Recent Acquisitions : Vintage/Clone Wars :VA/MD/DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re:Area News

Returned from a visit with family in New Hampshire to find my order of Wave 7 from Brian's Toys waiting for me.
(as well as a bunch of Halo figures I won off eBay)

Been a while since I last bought anything Star Wars related.

Reaction score

It boggles my mind tha state of things around here. Besides a few lucky finds the TRU in Gaithresburg seems to hold on to the SAME figs from months ago and the Target at Sam Eig is no better. I hope the new SW stuff shows up soon...really am liking that Republic Attack shuttle

Reaction score

I hate to say it Rinz, but this is way the Spring/Early Summer is like. It was the same during the past two years that I have collecting. No one is buying, so the pegs are idle. The only thing that is good, is usually after a few months, WalMar will put figures on sale for like $6 or even $4.50 to clear out stuff for the fall.

But these Spring waves of figures are really hard to find due to this. I know that last year for the Clone Wars, it was the Bly,Aayla,MagnaGuard,Fire Fighter wave and the Sidious, Tx-20, Stone, Hondo Waves that where nearly impossible to find. I never did see TX-20 or Sidious in the wild. I had to eBay them.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
I hate to say it Rinz, but this is was the Spring/Early Summer is like. It was the same during the past two years that I have collecting. No one is buying, so the pegs are idle. The only thing that is good, is usually after a few months, WalMar will put figures on sale for like $6 or even $4.50 to clear out stuff for the fall.

But these Spring waves of figures are really hard to find due to this. I know that last year for the Clone Wars, it was the Bly,Aayla,MagnaGuard,Fire Fighter wave and the Sidious, Tx-20, Stone, Hondo Waves that where nearly impossible to find. I never did see TX-20 or Sidious in the wild. I had to eBay them.
I hear you the same thing happened when I was in Omaha. I saw the Sidious wave ONCE. I happened to be up in Frederick doing some shopping at the Super Walmart and they had one of those 4 sided set ups with figs all around. The Sidious wave was there and I got what I needed but I never saw those figs again. I guess on the good side I can save money but I know the fall is gonna be killer when everything starts showing up....

Reaction score

I know the feeling on the drought and i have been buying te figures loose from hong kong seems to be a lot easier

Reaction score

I remember last summer that the Germantown Target was completely void of Star Wars figures for over a month.

Reaction score

Haven't seen anything new on pegs around here. Even stores with mostly empty pegs aren't reordering.

Reaction score

This is going to be the undoing of the hobby...... If they dont keep new product out there and stop putting the same figures in evry case more and more people will lose intrest in this all together

Reaction score

Bingo. That's me. I haven't seen any new vintage series in probably 5 months.

Reaction score

Hey guys if any of you are interested in Clone Troopers. I am selling them $3.50 each, $8.00 for S/H. The list of what I have is listed below. Keep in mind these are not the clones from the C.G.I. "Clone Wars" animated show. These figures are the realistice ones. Thanks.

LIST:

8x White clone Troopers. Two of them have Boba Fett's (Skull symbol)

6x Clone Troopers w/ Pine-green markings

Commander Gree

6 xClone Troopers w/ orange markings

3x Clone Troopers w/ red markings

Clone Commander 1x red, 1x green, 1x pine green(customed made)

6x Clone Troopers w/blue markings

Black Clone Troopers w/ some gray markings(x3): These figures had some custom work done to them(i.e. Backbacks connected to them, leg ****nal attachments, etc).

Ok , that completes the rest of my list. Keep in mind I am selling each figure for $3.50. plus S/H. Thanks.

Reaction score

vedder1029 said:
I was just at Arundel Mills yesterday... didn't think to check FYE!
It seems like FYE is the hidden sweet spot for Vintage....I found my Fordo and Barriss at FYE in Charlotte. Ironically it seems only the large FYEs at outlet malls have toys anymore. I was very sad when the FYE at Lake Forest downsized

Reaction score

I went by TRU in Rockville Today. I picked up a 2nd Season 3 Ahsoka for $10.51. Ugh. Considering that she's a favorite of my Daughters and won't be re-released in the foreseeable future, I felt I should pick up a spare.

They also had a Cmdr Wolffe. I left him on the pegs (up hight and towards the back). So if anyone really really needs him, he should be good for a while.

I also spotted that Horn in the head Cantina Alien from the TVC line. Looks like I missed Fordo.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
I went by TRU in Rockville Today. I picked up a 2nd Season 3 Ahsoka for $10.51. Ugh. Considering that she's a favorite of my Daughters and won't be re-released in the foreseeable future, I felt I should pick up a spare.

They also had a Cmdr Wolffe. I left him on the pegs (up hight and towards the back). So if anyone really really needs him, he should be good for a while.

I also spotted that Horn in the head Cantina Alien from the TVC line. Looks like I missed Fordo.
what figs are 10.51 now?!?!? Man that's gonna cut into my doubles...glad you grabbed the Ahsoka!! she is an awesome fig.

Reaction score

Well, it was $9.99+ tax. Ended up at $10.51, but that's Rockville prices.

I did stop by my Target on Monday looking for 4th of July stuff. They did put out a case of TCW figures. But these we all repacks. Embo, Flame Thrower Trooper, etc..

Reaction score

Target at Sam Eig had Fordo and Barriss as of yesterday afternoon.

Reaction score

Noticed new TVC and CW figures hitting at various Targets. Mostly scraps, but they're now out there in the wild.

Reaction score

New wave of CW mini rigs sighted at TRUs in Gaithersburg and Rockville...

Reaction score

I ran by RIO Target hoping to find Fordo. No, he's gone. If fact it was pretty sparse.

I did snag a Castas Speeder Bike at TRU. They even had Ponds on the pegs (Gaithersburg). I passed on the other Mini Rigs for now. Although I might get that Clone Speeder Scout.

Reaction score

Found a Hoth Leia at TRU - covered in dust but otherwise in MOMC condition! Must have been stashed away somewhere.

Pretty happy since this was a gap I needed to fill.

Saw the new Legends figures at Target as well - someone attempted to hide the Spacetrooper and Death Star Gunner. I moved them back to where they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.