Recent Acquisitions : Vintage/Clone Wars :VA/MD/DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re:Area News

vedder1029 said:
Rinzler7 said:
Cyclone said:
I'm in Boston this week. Luckily I'm all caught up since I have no Idea where to look for figures around here. Plus downtown prices are usually high.

I saw Lando at Germantown WM a few times. S3 Ahsoka will be hard to find. The others in her wave will be released again in upcoming waves, but she wasn't list to be repeated yet.
That is truly sad. I got my Ahsoka from HTS yesterday and it is a great fig!! I just need an opener!! I did find one Gen Lando at the Clinton WM on my lunchbreak...need a double to open. I still have the Barriss and Eeth Koth if anyone needs one. If not I will take them back to the store
I may be interested in the Barriss figure... Give me a few days of searching around town and if I can't find one I'll buy it from you!
I'll hold it for you

Reaction score

Rinzler7 said:
vedder1029 said:
Rinzler7 said:
Cyclone said:
I'm in Boston this week. Luckily I'm all caught up since I have no Idea where to look for figures around here. Plus downtown prices are usually high.

I saw Lando at Germantown WM a few times. S3 Ahsoka will be hard to find. The others in her wave will be released again in upcoming waves, but she wasn't list to be repeated yet.
That is truly sad. I got my Ahsoka from HTS yesterday and it is a great fig!! I just need an opener!! I did find one Gen Lando at the Clinton WM on my lunchbreak...need a double to open. I still have the Barriss and Eeth Koth if anyone needs one. If not I will take them back to the store
I may be interested in the Barriss figure... Give me a few days of searching around town and if I can't find one I'll buy it from you!
I'll hold it for you
Awesome, thanks... I'll let you know sometime next week!

Reaction score

Has anyone found a Vintage Zam Wesell in the wild?

Also, trying to fill in some gaps, was wondering if anyone had an extra MOMC Vintage Leia they'd be willing to part with.

I passed on it repeatedly assuming there'd be plenty pegwarming. A bad decision on my part.

Reaction score

So apparently the upcoming Vintage Wedge figure is expected to be fairly difficult to find when released (1 per case in just 1 assortment is what I've read).

We may need to marshall our collective collector resources to help each other out on that one. Or at the very least, if someone sees it go up on HTS, let everyone know.

Also - did I miss something on the Vintage Zam figure, was it not released? Or is it really just this impossible to find?

Reaction score

Well, it looks like its going to be a long Summer. Already it looks like Target & WM are stagnating. Both have pegs stuffed with warmers that have not moved in a few weeks.

I am beginning to be thankful that I found the Wolff & Colt waves when I did. Because I have not seen either around very much since I initially spotted them. If I had not gone early in the day when I had, I would have missed both waves. Lucky too that Veder tipped me on the Turbo Speeder in Frederick. That is another goodie that I have not seen anywhere every again.

I'm not a Vintage Collector, but I am a fan of Capt Fordo. I really like the TVC figure that they have lined up for him. But it looks like it going to be Impossible to obtain. So I'll be keeping my eye out for him. I try to tip off you TVC collectors when I find something, but to be honest. My Target & TRU are pretty much "Dengar, 4LOM, & AT-AT Commander" TVC figures only since December. WM restocks once in a while and I try to post about that when it happens.

Reaction score

Anakin21 said:
So apparently the upcoming Vintage Wedge figure is expected to be fairly difficult to find when released (1 per case in just 1 assortment is what I've read).

We may need to marshall our collective collector resources to help each other out on that one. Or at the very least, if someone sees it go up on HTS, let everyone know.

Also - did I miss something on the Vintage Zam figure, was it not released? Or is it really just this impossible to find?

Agreed,
I was going to post something about this very subject.
If anyone comes across the new Vintage Wedge in the wild, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pick it up.
There will be many people looking for this one.
If I do in fact see it pop up on HTS, I'll pobably order a couple of them.
I think we may need one of those running lists that we do sometimes.

As far as Zam goes,
I wish I knew that you needed her, Anakin. I saw her a couple of times....and I even think I had an extra myself, but returned her a while back.
Will pick one up if I see another.

I personally have not picked up a thing in months.
Just the new Classic X-Men box set, and a couple of Halo figures....thats it.
It's been a fairly cheap spring.

Reaction score

It has been truly dry in this area. I managed to get my Gen Lando so with the exception of a loose Ahsoka I am all caught up. I am kinda leery about finding the Fordo wave since pegs seem clogged with slow movers. I will be happy to help anyone out as I can...

Reaction score

Saw the Vintage Zam once over the last month and a half, so I'd say she's pretty scarce out there.... but she WAS out there at some point.

Still haven't found any other CW figs from the Colt wave aside from Eeth.... I frequent the 2 Frederick Walmarts and once or twice a week the one in Hagerstown (I've found most of the vintage figs here) so I'll keep an eye out for anyone looking for something in particular. I don't even bother with Target anymore - the Frederick one had a total of 7 SW figures... sad.

Reaction score

I found the Wave 7 figs at the TRU in Annapolis, MD today. Only picked up RFT and Bom Vimdin. The case also contained the Luke Skywalker Endor Capture with the corrected name plate. It is no longer plain white, but now includes the chrome-looking name plate border that looks like the rest of the "race track" around the figure picture.

Just wanted to let you all know that they're out there now.

Happy hunting!!!

Reaction score

Wow, thanks OrangeLeader
Quite a surprise. A new wave showing up in our area so quickly, and at TRU no less!!!
Guess they were bound to get stock sooner or later.

Reaction score

I've stated my case on this before...these Vintage figs. are not worth(IMO) $11-12 a pop plus tax, so I will report if I see them at TRU, but will most certainly wait till Wally or Target receive them, as I did on waves 4, 5 & 6. Sometimes part of collecting is waiting.

Reaction score

Inspired, I check both the gaithersburg & rockville Toys R Us stores. No new TVC figures.

Reaction score

I strolled up in TRU yesterday as well. I only saw new a Deluxe Hydra agent. Wave 2 Thor figs are at Beyond Comics in Gaithersburg and Frederick...would love to have a Heimdall. Targets are a JOKE and I am really disappointed as I was hoping the movie reset would open the doors to new stuff in the SW arena but so far nothing.

Reaction score

Argh, Stopped by my Germantown WalMart this morning. I usually have good luck on Mondays & Fridays since they tend to stock and restock around the weekends. Well, just stuff pegs and nothing new. Is it just me, or does anyone else now despise the sight of Orange Legend figures? They just get in the way.

Reaction score

I agree. too many figs and too many waves. I hate it. I used to be a completist but after ROTS, they started pumping out more waves and more lines at the same time AND bumping the prices. Its hard enough to collect with figs at $7 a pop. I love the Vintage line but really hate the pricing on it. I constantly have to ask myself, how many more of this particular figure do you need? Unfortunately, I love the artwork on the cards as much as the figs themselves but I've had to pick n choose over the past several years. Reading off the front door, looks like things arent going to pick up again until the end of summer. SDCC looms large. I'd love to have that Death Star pack though, I can only imagine the price! Also looking forward to the Star Wars Commemorative Collection. That looks pretty cool with four figs in a box with the movie posters in the background. Will be hunting those in July for sure!

Reaction score

Well so far I am 1 for 2. I was looking for the Rebel Fleet Trooper and Wedge. I have bought about 4 figures from the Vintage so far. Love them all but just have to stay limited these days.

My friend picked me up a Rebel Fleet Trooper from Rockville TRU on June 5th while I was at the beach. Stopped by 6 Wal-Marts, 1 Target, 1 Kmart, and 1 TRU on my way to the beach and all were stocked with old stuff. A big reason I am sure they have postponed Wv 8.

If I want to get one more RFT, and if I do run into any extras of either the RFT or more Wedges beyond the one I want I will grab them for the local boardies. This Wedge, at least right now, seems like it is going to be a tough one.

Reaction score

Only new thing I've seen is the GH AT-ST at TRU. Hoping I will find a wedge and Logray in the wild at some point this year.

Reaction score

Just got back from NC. Was able to gran Vintage Barriss and Fordo. The real gem was that I am now the proud owner of a reveal the shield Warpath and Wheeljack. I think that made my trip lol....

Reaction score

I'm in Atlantavthis week. I hit the local Target &. Walmarts. The wm had a ton of Mace figures peg warming and the Target had a bunch of Aura Sings. Still no Fordo.

Reaction score

FINALLY scored a Zam while on vacation up north. Actually picked up an extra one as well. When it rains it pours I guess. (btw - thanks for the offer Flacks!)

If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

Flacks, I'm with ya on the Wedge hunt. Will keep my eyes peeled and grab as many as I find.

Reaction score

Hit the Rockville TRU on the way home from work. They had Vintage Wave 7 minus the RFT. I grabbed Fordo and Barriss the best suprise was tucked behind the CW figs was....S3 Aayla!! My hunt is over. No sign of Wedge though. I still have a CW Barriss and Eeth Koth if anyone needs one...

Reaction score

On a personal & sad note...my stepson Tyler lost his battle with his dehibilitating condition. He was only 15, yet if you go to www.singletonfuneralhome.com, you will see what an extraordinary life he lived. He met the likes of Pres. Bush, Buzz Aldrin & George Lucas. At CIII, at the 1st Q&A with Mr. Lucas...I achieved my dream thru him. Watching the Star Wars Saga will never be the same for me. His bright light is a beacon in the heavens now & forever.

Reaction score

Jedi,
My familys thoughts and prayers are with you and your in this Time of loss and sorrow.

Reaction score

Jedi,

So terribly sorry to hear of your loss. My sincerest thoughts are with you and yours.

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that. Can't imagine the pain of losing a child. Your family is in my thoughts.

Reaction score

Very sorry to hear about your stepson Jedisquared.
I can't even begin to image the heartache you must be going through, but if there is anything you or your family need, please don't hesitate to ask.

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your loss. May God Bless and keep you and your family.

Reaction score

Found new vtc figures at fye in de..... They were 9.99 with no tax deffiantly worth it. Rebel trooper is amazing so is fordo.

Reaction score

Somebody bought most of them from arundle mills there was only the catina alien ant the clones left

Reaction score

Very sorry to hear of your loss Jedi. I can only hope with the passing of time, the wound heals and his memory grows ever fonder.

Reaction score

It breaks my heart to hear of a child passing. My condolences to your family.

Reaction score

Hunting has pretty much dried up around here. I went to my local target and wm today after having been away for over a week. Guess what, not a single thing has changed. All the pegs are still full of the same old figures from last October. I will have to try TRU some time this week. Maybe I will get lucky there.

If anyone gets a spare Fordo, Let me know. I was thinking that I was sure to spot one, but now I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.