Recent Acquisitions: VA/MD/DC V.10

Reaction score
Mine were wiped out within minutes at several. I did luck out with a Mando & The Deathtrooper at a a further away Wally. Hunting for BS incinerator trooper & the Armorer now.

Reaction score
Well, we are into Mid Nov and the Shipper never made it to the Germantown Store. There are a lot of mission fleet toys, so I'm not sure what to think. There was a time where the Carbonized Cara did show as instock in this store on Brickseek. Those clues lead me to believe that the shipper was broken down and the good figures taken away while the the Mission Fleet stuff ended up on Shelves.

I am friendly with the Toy Dept mgr, and he has been insistent that it has not arrived. So I'm not sure of my speculation.

On the light side, I did find a Hot Wheel Super Treasure Hunt in the wild last night at this WM. They had some boxes in the aisle to be pegged. I found the HW box and decided to help. I pegged the entire case which had some good cars and ran accross the Super. It was the first Super I have found in the wild in in like 5 years. (Not including K-Mart Days)

I did go by Target and they have the BS6 Galaxy Edge Pyre & R5 figures. The R5 looks pretty good. But Since I haven't been to GE, I really don't have a context for these figures, so I passed on them.

Reaction score
Sad times indeed. I never see Black Series anywhere except for an occasional GE figure. I’m about done with the in-store hunt. It’s always the same scenario....roving gangs of scalpers/collectors with their little phone apps.

Reaction score
I really do wonder what is going through the heads of the Hasbro and Walmart supply chain exec when I see four pegs for Black Series and TVC figures sitting vacant for weeks/months at a time.

I was always told that Retail shelf space was very valuable and that companies fight for placement of their products on shelves in stores. Shelves at eye level being a premium, etc... Now Hasbro has these four pegs and no merchandise on them. Zero chance of making a dollar when there is zero merch to be sold. Walmart also is wasting $ by allowing their shelf space to go unoccupied. That could be used for anything else to make a dollar.

I can see this going on for a short period of time, but eventually being noticed as a waste with either company finally waking up and putting a stop to it.

The funny thing is that the answer is smacking me in the face can I can't believe that they haven't implemented it. The problem was that Hasbro would eventually have peg warmers clog up the pegs for weeks or months. Pegwarming happens and even with good waves, there are the few that are will warn, and through attrition the good figures will be sold, the warmers will remain, new cases will add more warmers to the pegs until there is eventually not enough remaining peg space for non-warming figures. The warms sit their blocking the desirable figures from making it to market. Inventory shows "full count" of figures on the pegs that aren't selling. So the decision makers see this as "no one is buying figures anymore, I guess no one likes figures". And so they stop ordering them.

The end up doing a reset after a few years of peg warmers sitting there and the new wave hits and sells out immediately. The demand is still there as it always was. But having been burnt on warmers in the past, they don't continually reorder.

Solution: Give figures a shelf life and turn them over regularly to prevent peg warmers from blocking sales for months or weeks. That's it. just remove stale figures from the pegs and refresh them with ones that would sell. Problem solved.

Reaction score
I've been reading about some new TVC hitting Walmarts so I'm looking around. They did peg a new set of 40th ESB 6" Figures the other day. Yoda, Luke, Han, Leia, AT-AT Driver. Look good, but not what I'm looking for. Looks like they aren't moving anymore too.

Shame, here we are at the peak toy season, early Dec, and not a single 3.75" SW figure to be seen at either Target or WM. It still boggles my mind how both the Manufacture and Retailers have been dropping the ball on this for so many years now.

Reaction score
Germantown WM got a fresh stock of some BS6" figures. Some that were pretty good too.

Mando Armorer
Incinerator Trooper
Phase I Clone
Cad Bane (was hard for me to pass on him)
Endor Han, Luke, Leia
Hoth Rebel

Plus they still have some of those ESB 40ths from the day before. They had two sets and now are down to one set. So someone bought up a bunch.

Still no new TVC or TCW figures.

Reaction score
Germantown WM got a fresh stock of some BS6" figures. Some that were pretty good too.

Mando Armorer
Incinerator Trooper
Phase I Clone
Cad Bane (was hard for me to pass on him)
Endor Han, Luke, Leia
Hoth Rebel

Plus they still have some of those ESB 40ths from the day before. They had two sets and now are down to one set. So someone bought up a bunch.

Still no new TVC or TCW figures.
Hey, that’s something.

Reaction score
I went back to Walmart that evening. All of the BS6" wave was completely gone. I then went to Target and there they were, freshly stocked. Same wave. They also had made their way to the RIO Target.

On Sunday I went on my run. I found the TVC Wave at Target. I got Gideon, Rex, and Vader. Mando and Amourer were gone. Same with Rio. Nothing in Rockville or Frederick. Boo.

Reaction score
Rage!!!

I missed hitting up my Walmart yesterday in the morning, because I was slow to get out of the house, and was running too late to visit. I tried to stop by last night, but there was a queue lined up outside. No thank you.

I went in this morning and I find RO Vader on the pegs. Grrrrr!!!! I missed the one day that the wave gets pegged. After visiting nearly everyday for weeks, I miss the one day that counts.

Reaction score
I’ve quit hunting retail...my whole area has become a feeding frenzy and wretched hive. You can’t even differentiate the collectors and scalpers any more. You've seen far more than me, but I don’t have the gas, patience or latitude to hit multiple brick and mortar stores every day. Too frustrating with empty results.

Reaction score
The worst part is that I know that this wave will never be restocked again. They just don't. You get once chance.

Reaction score
You’re right. I never saw any new BS 6” since the Target GE stuff. I kinda gave up on Vintage, as my focus is the larger scales.

Reaction score
it still surprises me how much $$$ Hasbro, Target, and WM leave at the table by presenting empty pegs throughout the year, especially now.

My Hot Wheels friend told me he saw the Target Build up Mando/Child 6" at my Target, but that they are snapped up right away. I still never found Armorer/Mando TVC figures, even though I saw the wave pegged four times. Grrr. This on top of hunting nearly everyday, often up to to Frederick too.

Reaction score
I can’t hunt like that any more...saw CW Anakin & K2SO...that’s about it. Tired of couples hitting retail thru the day with their little phone app’s.

Reaction score
Well, I avoided Walmart since Christmas since they never have anything. Returning to work today I fell into my habit and stopped by. I found plenty of Carbonized Cara, Reminant, and Shadow troopers. (no Mandos) and three 6" Jar-Jars. I guess I missed that shipper I had been hunting for the last three months. :p

Reaction score
Peasant wave hit my Germantown Walmart today. It had about four of each figure. Padme, Teen Angst Anakin, Tie Pilot, and Battle Droid.

I got a Tie Pilot since I didn't have one on a card, and a Padme for my Daughter's wall collection.

Reaction score
The Manassas Target has had several shipments of the Black Series Mandalorian wave (Greef, Gideon, etc.). My wife found them shortly before Christmas and I have seen remnants of the waves there a few times. The Gainesville Target had remnants of the Archive wave.

While not Star Wars, has anyone seen the GI Joe Cobra Viper around lately? I keep looking but no luck.

Reaction score
I don't look at GI Joe. (I can't afford to indulge in an addition collection).

I did also see the Greef and Kuil Mando BS6 at Target last week.

Reaction score
Target in Germantown had the new Archive Collection BS6 figures. Hoth Han & Luke, Thrawn, and a Cody. I picked up the Cody. Left 2x each of the others. It was hard to leave Thrawn behind, but I just don't really need him.