Recent Acquisitions: VA/MD/DC V.10

Reaction score
The 5 Below in Germantown has some Black Series 6" Rogue One figures. They had a Chit and Baze figures. For $5 a pop those are both pretty nice with lots of accessories. They also had a few Krenics. I already have one, so I had to pass. Funny thing was that they also had 5POA 3.75 figures for $5 right next to the BS 6" figures. Two way different products at the same price.

Reaction score
I found a Tarkin at Walmart the last week. I passed on it as I'm not a 6" collector, but I almost made an exception. He comes with that black-ball Imperial Torture Droid sphere. I later regret passing on him as he would have gone well with my $5 Krenic that I picked up a year ago.

I also took another trip to 5 Below. Chit and Baze are long gone and their pegs are now Cassian, Jyn, and Krenic exclusively. I did find another location in the store with figures and hiding there I found a scarrif troop and a death trooper. Score! So I picked them up for $5 each.

Reaction score
South GB Target on Crain Hwy. had all 6” BS exclusives...Solo Chewie, Moloch & Leia.

Reaction score
Since this is the Maryland/DC/Virginia Board, i live in Hampton, VA and just putting it out there Im looking to sell my HASLAB Jabba Sail Barge. Its expected to be shipped 2/28/19. Its really large to ship so looking to sell to someone relatively local to me. Asking $900. Would ask for $450 deposit to hold for you and second half when delivered. If your interested please PM me. Thanks,

Brian

Reaction score
The sail barge will be cool. I can't use it though. I still have a BMF that I've never opened.

I did find a TVC RO Tank Driver trooper at the Germantown WM this morning along with a bunch of figures from that case. Even a couple of Dr Aphras. I was hoping to find a TVC death trooper, but no luck.

Reaction score
Too rich for my blood, and I’m mostly a 1:6 scale collector now. But welcome, Brian.
Since this is the Maryland/DC/Virginia Board, i live in Hampton, VA and just putting it out there Im looking to sell my HASLAB Jabba Sail Barge. Its expected to be shipped 2/28/19. Its really large to ship so looking to sell to someone relatively local to me. Asking $900. Would ask for $450 deposit to hold for you and second half when delivered. If your interested please PM me. Thanks,

Brian

Reaction score
Severn, MD Walmart had Galaxy of Adventure tubed figures, as well as carded Resistance figures...just FYI.

Reaction score
My Walmart had a surprise last night. They have a wave of those 6" figures in the legacy packaging. Pilot Luke, Bossk, IG-88, & Fett. They weren't on pegs, but on the shelf below. 2nd Surprise. On the shelf below that (floor level with a Tie-Fighters) was six Miriban Dirty StormTroopers. Their boxes are all black with some dark gray accents. So they were very hard to spot. In fact another shopper was looking and them and that was the way I noticed them.

I'm not a $20 figure collector, so I passed on it all. Some come and get em if you want.

Reaction score
Someone scooped up most of the Legacy package 6" figures. Only a single IG and Bossk were left. Fett and Luke gone. Two of the six Miriban Dirty 6" stormtrooper are gone. It has been hard for me to resist getting of them, the do look pretty good. A little too much Dirt Wash though. Those figures are just filthy looking.

Reaction score
Someone cleaned out the Legacy packaging 6" figures Gone! Good to see there are still collectors out there. Target has that Resistence two pack with the bucket droid. It is supposed to be desired pack. There is also a packaging issue where the name of the doid is wrong. But the cards are all curved and someone intentionally put a nice tear in the card back. So on the peg it sits.

Reaction score
Everything gone. The 6" Stormtroopers and those Legacy packages went quickly. Resistence figures appear to not be moving. Curved cards and all.

Reaction score
South Glen Burnie Target had Archive BS 6” but no Boba Fett; north GB Target had all SW Resistance figures.

Reaction score
Scored BS wave 20 at north Glen Burnie Target...in a snowstorm no less. The things I go thru for my hobby...geez!

Reaction score
Just the extra Padme & droid(2 per case)...but they’re probably gone now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After some calling around I was able to pick up a Mace in Upper Marlboro and a Padme at the Nolpark Ct Target. Nolpark still had a Battledroid on the pegs when I left at 3:30ish today.

Reaction score
A lot of people use Popfindr and a certain number...see BS Recent Acquisitions thread.

Reaction score
No Mimban Stormtroopers in Germantown yet. (or else I missed them).

Target in Germantown just got in a case of the 6" Archive figures. They have 2x IG, 1 Bossk and 1 X-Wing Luke. I guess Fett got snatched up quickly.

I've actually been hunting down a new Hot Wheel. They remade that Red Tesla Roaster that Musk shot off into space last year on the Falcon Heavy. This time they put a little plastic "Starman" in the drivers seat. So I'm looking forward to finding him.

Reaction score
I found a single Mimban trooper at my Walmart today. It wasn't there yesterday. This one had a flawed card (slight curve, weak crease, and a minor dent in the blister). I'm guessing someone scooped the rest up.

Reaction score
I scooped up one on an average card at Germantown. Someone must've bought a heck of a lot of them.

Reaction score
It may have been a return...someone looking for a mintier one.
I found a single Mimban trooper at my Walmart today. It wasn't there yesterday. This one had a flawed card (slight curve, weak crease, and a minor dent in the blister). I'm guessing someone scooped the rest up.

Reaction score
Very true. I considered doing the same thing with Dr Aphra. Bought the first one I saw, and then saw three better ones later. Luckily my Daughter wanted one, so she got the opener.

Reaction score
I saw recently that the TVC Tie-Fighter that they have at Walmarts has been seeing on clearance for $19. It had been $80 retail. There are 3 or 4 at my WM and I scanned one at $60. Boo.

Odd thing is all of the price checkers at my WM are now broken or removed. The signs for them are still present. I tried scanning it with the app, but that came up as $80.

So keep an eye out and scan that Tie regularlly and you might find it on clearance soon.

Reaction score
I found two of the Tie Fighers on clearance at the Mt Airy Walmart. $19 each. One was smashed so they reduced it further to $11.58. Nice.

Reaction score
I got the Escape from the Death Star board game last night at Target in Gaithersburg. The Tarkin figure was worth it.

Reaction score
I bugged the folk at the Germantown Target this morning for the Retro figures. Like many others, these figures appear to be in a gray area of Target's supply chain. I was able to give them the working DCPI code for the figures and they located a box in the back. Using the DCPI codes for the individual figures doesn't appear to work online or in their app. They brought the box out but didn't want me to hoard the figures and would only sell me two. Ha. Its not my fault your store only has a single case in stock.

Here are the numbers. Use the first one if you are in the store and want them to check the inventory.

087-16-8221 Retro Figure UPC
087-16-2700 Stormtrooper UPC 630509836604
087-16-0359 Chewbacca UPC 630509836635
087-16-2240 Darth Vader UPC 630509836581
087-10-0431 Tarkin UPC 630509834709
087-16-0360 Han Solo UPC 630509836642
087-16-0364 Luke Skywalker UPC 630509836598
087-16-0358 Leia Skywalker UPC 630509836628

Reaction score
Congrats. I passed on a set for 1 of the 2 fellas I was waiting in line with. They in turn let me get the vinty Solo and stormtrooper and 6" Stormtrooper Luke. Retro line is going to be a limited
time exclusive right ? Hopefully Frederick gets these in again, I would like to get the Stormtrooper for sure.

Reaction score
The Crofton Target had what looked like a full set of the retro figures. They were all still there when I left.

Reaction score
I went back to Target after work yesterday and was able to complete the set. I had originally purchased Luke and the Stormtrooper. When I went back, Han and Leia were gone, but Chewie and Vader were still there. The guy had put the box back over at the electronics desk (right across the aisle from the figures) that morning. So I had gone to the desk and had the evening guy check the DCPI and he was like "hey they are right here" and pulled out the box. I still didn't have Han and Leia and he goes, there are six more showing in inventory. So he got them from the back. I had a full set and had picked up the 2nd Stormtrooper. Yeah. Combined with the Tarkin figure from Sunday I now have the full Retro set. I'm most pleased with this progress.

I had also picked up the Han in Stormtrooper gear. He really looks great. They did a perfect job on him. Look just like Harrison Ford.

Palleon. Not sure what the timeline is the Retro collection. The word is that Target gets it first and then like a month later it will be widely distributed. I am not sure how widely that is going to be. I don't take chances now and buy as soon as I see something I like as is often the case, I never see it again.

I wish that I had purhased those 6" TVC figures on ANH cards they had out for the 40th aniv back in 2017. Many of those figures I only saw once.

Last edited:
Reaction score
North Glen Burnie Target had 3.75 Retro(Vader, Han & Chewie), Han Stormtrooper disguise (3.75”), 6” BS Luke Death Star Compactor Escape & Escape From Death Star game with Vintage Tarkin. All in men’s clothes on Father’s Day display...happy hunting!

Reaction score
yeah, the Target here in Germantown also has all of the Retro stuff in Mens clothing. Same with the 6" Black Series Luke Escape from Deathstar. I didnt see Storm Troop Han though. He was on the regular pegs a week or two ago.

Reaction score
The retro line is NOT limited...it’s only being introduced at Target...then to other online retailers in the Fall.
Congrats. I passed on a set for 1 of the 2 fellas I was waiting in line with. They in turn let me get the vinty Solo and stormtrooper and 6" Stormtrooper Luke. Retro line is going to be a limited
time exclusive right ? Hopefully Frederick gets these in again, I would like to get the Stormtrooper for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried to find the Retro figures at the Washingtonian/RIO Target in Gaithersburg. They had the 6" Luke and a Retro Luke on the toy aisle. The BS Lukes had a large slice in the top of the packaging where someone went too deep with a box cutter. Ouch. I roamed around the Menswear section and could not spot any SW merch. I found a helpful employee who looked it up and said they are shown in section A8. That translated to 'Tables at the front of the store". I went to check them out and among all of the junk I spot a Vader and a Stormtrooper laying down on their faces.

The stormtrooper is the only one that I am interested in, so I picked him up and took Vader over to the toy aisle.

Later that weekend, I was up at Germantown Target and found a fresh stocking of Hantroopers. Out of about 9 of them I found two with absolute Minty cards. So I picked one up for my friend Hans. The retro figures were cleared out of this target by now too even in their horrible location.

The Tarkin games is now stocked on the Board game area as well as Mens wear.