Recent Acquisitions: VA/MD/DC V.10

Reaction score
Re: Another Big Score Day!

Had to drop the MiL at the train this morning, so on the way in to work I hit target. Looks like there reset was still fresh. Picked up the ARF mini-rig for $4.64 (thanks for the tip Cyclone). All the others there were scanning at full price. Haven't seen the mini Y-wing anywhere around here yet though. So that and Cpt. Wolffe are the 2 sw items I'm left hunting.

Reaction score

That reminds me of an old Joke I heard not too long ago.

Comedian: I just got back from a pleasure trip.
Punch Line: I just dropped my Mother in Law off at the airport.

Reaction score
Re: Area News

Columbia TRU had Blu-Ray commem. Fig. Sets out, plus Big AT-AT back in stock in both pkg. variations. North Glen Burnie Target had all Vintage wave 7 as of 1 pm.

Reaction score

anyone seen the force unleashed or republic commandos box sets at toysrus?

Reaction score

Nope, is the commandos set going to hit the stores? I thought it was an online only thing for SDCC

Reaction score

They have been found at a TRU in California, looks like they are both in the same SKU assortment.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
hehe, sure thing. But, please take both.
Nevermind, I gifted the Scout Speeder to my son's best friend. I still have the mini Y-Wing though.

Reaction score

I stopped by Target & Walmart in Germantown this morning.

Target has a lot of SL figures, but the TVC and TCW figures are getting thin. They do have a $4.24 Scout Speeder on the pegs. I scanned it to verify that its still on 'clearance'. It is. It was really hard not to [censored] it up, but since I've already purchased two of them, I felt it was better to let someone else have some good luck.

WM's aisle is nicely stocked, but really, there isn't a single figure on their pegs that wasn't available last October.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
Cyclone said:
Nevermind, I gifted the Scout Speeder to my son's best friend. I still have the mini Y-Wing though.
I went to the Washingtonian Target yesterday and broke down and got the y wing (still 4.97) I almost wish I would have picked up the Castas speeder at the Rockville Target and exchanged it for a double of the y wing to get that at 4.97 as well. It is slim pickings...I hope the TRU battlepacks show up soon.

Reaction score

Rinzler7 said:
Cyclone said:
Cyclone said:
I went to the Washingtonian Target yesterday and broke down and got the y wing (still 4.97) I almost wish I would have picked up the Castas speeder at the Rockville Target and exchanged it for a double of the y wing to get that at 4.97 as well. It is slim pickings...I hope the TRU battlepacks show up soon.
Don't think that would work. The UPC's are tied to different DCPI's. The speeder and y-wing are the old dcpi while Casta is the new code.

Still no sign of Y-wings down here, though target restocked new vintage for the 3rd time. May be the last since the pegs are stuffed full of the same ol pegwarmers that filled the other half the case.

Reaction score
Area News

Laurel Target completing reset : saw Jedi Force preschool vehicle sets in Imagintext aisle, adding modular end cap add-on for more Star Wars. Had all mini-rigs & new battle packs, some Vintage wave 7.

Reaction score

I checked out the TRUs in Gaithersburg & Frederick. Both have the the 2 for $11 sale. But neither had suitable figures for sale.

Reaction score

Picked up stealth ops Blackout exclusive & Separatist speeder exc. With Geo. Warrior at Glen Burnie TRU. Stock left on both.

Reaction score

I went to TRU in Gaithersburg Yesterday. They did not have the Stealth Ops in yet. I am fighting the urge to check there everyday. But I know from Ponds/Nitko experience that this figure will be plentiful and on occasion free during the next year.

I ended up picking up a 3rd scout speeder from Target. I had seen it last week and no one had touched it for nearly a week. I had left it last week since I felt guilty of picking up all of the $4.24 low hanging fruit. But now that is sat on the pegs for a while, I figure that all of the hunters have had their chance.

Walmart still has stuffed pegs with old stock. Sad for me.

Reaction score

I've still only seen one Scout speeder which I bought, and none of the Y-wings. Seems most the other sets are warming the pegs. Not too surprising since they were still warming the pegs when they had slightly different packaging. Silly hasbro.

Reaction score

Laurel Walmart finished reset-had mini rigs(no Y-wing)' BP's & new Jedi Force Playskool 2-figure packs.

Reaction score

Ellicott City TRU had exc. geo. & speeder bike plus 1 Rebel hanger dude & crew transport.

Reaction score

I checked Walmart today since its Friday (a good stocking day here) and because I read that someone found a TCW Chewy at a WM. But nothing new. Besides, their pegs are full of stock that are the same figures as last year. And at $7.88, they aren't moving anytime soon.

It is that time of the year for the $4.50 special. I hope its soon.

Reaction score

Laurel WalMart had RC Hailfire Droi for 35.00 in clearance section. Laurel Target had Bom vindin wave minus Fordo.

Reaction score

My WM still has two HailFire Droids (TRU also has a few). I got one for $15 at Target on Clearance back in the Spring. I will scan the WM ones, but I'm not really looking for another.

We found that the controls were not sensitive enough to control it properly. So it doesn't get played with too much. Unless of course you are using it to volley 24 shots at Dad while he's on the floor playing with other figures with your Sisters. Then it works great.

I ran by Target & WM in Germantown. Nothing new to report there. Target does have Waxer/ATRT, Naboo Skiff, Jesse BARC, and some other DELUXE figure in the new more compact packaging.

Reaction score

North Glen Burnie WalMart had the Jedi Force snowspeeder & Jedi starfighter, 1X@.

Reaction score

I went by the TRU in Gaithersburg last night. I found a Stealth Ops Trooper (aka Cmdr Blackout). The odd thing was that there was only one of them. I would have expected to have seen a whole peg full of them, but no, just one.

They also had opened a case of those exclusive deluxe vehicles. They had on Hanger Tech and 3x Geo Bug speeders. Each seemed to have some packaging damage. I passed on the bug speeder for now, but will likely pick him up one day when things are slow. I know that the Hanger tech is rare, but I have little interest in the TVC line.

I took Blackout to the check out and he rang up for $10.54. huh? I said that figures are $8.99 here. The guy quickly adjusted the price at the register. Good service actually. Not sure if his exclusive status means a premium on price. But I guess I haggled the price down.

Reaction score

Glen Burnie TRU had more exc. BlackoutX7 back in stock. Severn SuperWally finished their SW reset, had 1X Defend Kamino BP. In a non-SW related post...spotted: Predators Series 3 with Predator hound dog, new interactive Family Guy figs. & playset from Playmates(like the Simpsons) at various area TRU plus SDCC EE Flash Gordon(?) figures. No game sets or CW figs. that I've seen.

Reaction score

The Germantown Walmart is getting ready for its reset. They had the new "Org Sheets" taped up the the pegs. I looks like this store will be gaining the Republic Attack Shuttle, the DVD 2packs and some additional pegs for figures.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
I went by the TRU in Gaithersburg last night. I found a Stealth Ops Trooper (aka Cmdr Blackout). The odd thing was that there was only one of them. I would have expected to have seen a whole peg full of them, but no, just one.
I was in there on Friday and they had a bunch. I grabbed 2.

Cyclone said:
I took Blackout to the check out and he rang up for $10.54. huh?
The best part it rang up for the 2 for 10.99 price. I am guessing that the pegs got emptied over the weekend cause they were so cheap.

Reaction score

anybody on here that collects marvel universe know of any walmarts in the state that have the gigantic battles? thanks.

Reaction score

Well, the Walmart did their reset last night, but they only relocated their SW stuff from pegs to pegs. So the new pegs are just full of the same old stuff. They are now understocked on the TVC stuff, so I'd expect a fresh stock on those pegs soon. They still haven't put out the: 3 Figure BPs, RC Clone Tank, DVD 2pks, & Attack Shuttle.

The RC Hail Fire droids have been removed from the shelf. I scanned one last night and they are on clearance at $35 in the computer. So I guess that they have been moved to a clearance aisle.

The Prices looks a little high for WM. The RC tank is $43.xx, at Target its $39. Same with several other toys, just a few dollars higher.

Reaction score

Columbia TRU had Defend kamino BP & 1XRebel Transport with ground tech.

Reaction score

Looks like most of the WalMarts had the Playskool Jedi Force fig. 2-packs & vehicles in their own section(not SW)...once reset is done.

Reaction score

Picked up blackout for $9.99 today, but used a 20% coupon, then found a B-Wing at target. Finally at walmart some of the saga legends were on clearance for $4 so I picked up some death star and storm troopers.

Reaction score

My TRU had two pegs for Blackout this weekend. Neither was full. But they did have $9.99 prices on them. I guess they one that I got last week was priced correctly.

I stopped by WM this morning. The new reset is still unstocked with new merchandise. I wonder how long this wait will be?

Reaction score

Picked up FU multi-pack at Columbia TRU...they had 1X left & 2 Republic Commando sets plus 1 case in the back. Hope nobody lost anything personal in the earthquake...I had a little damage, mostly toppled models & loose action figures everywhere.

Reaction score

I went by WM after lunch. They have started to stock those empty SW slots. They have added BPs, RC Tanks, & BlueRay Figures. They still need to add those DVD 2paks, new TVC, and new TCW figures.

They still had of boxes left to open, so there is hope of more to come by tomorrow morning.

Earthquake!

My office building is a harden data center. When the quake hit, I was thinking that one of our Large Water Chillers (above on the roof) or one of the large industrial water pumps (on the floor below) must have thrown a bearing or something and was about to blow! Luckily it was just the earth having a fit.

No damage here, but I have to wonder about Kings Dominion. That place appears to only be about 10 miles or so from the epicenter. Add in all those things that are way tall such as Eifile Tower, Roller Coasters, Ferris Wheels, Drop Down Rides, etc.. And I can see a whole lot of "I'm not going on any rides for the rest of the day".

Reaction score

jedisquared said:
Picked up FU multi-pack at Columbia TRU...they had 1X left & 2 Republic Commando sets plus 1 case in the back. Hope nobody lost anything personal in the earthquake...I had a little damage, mostly toppled models & loose action figures everywhere.
once again thanks for the tip. got the other fu set and one of the rc sets.
just transferred a bunch of gg busts from a detlof to the tops of my dvd racks so i figured they would be on the floor after the quake but the only thing i saw tipped over were most of the figures in my other detlof.

Reaction score

Glad to help...Hasbro can keep making those FU sets(why nothing from FU II yet?)...I love them; lots of good character design work. Glad to hear your stuff survived...I have 2 Detolf cases, but they contain Hot Toys & Sideshow 12", all on fig. stands. Sorry to hear Ikea discontinued these.

Reaction score

Glen Burnie TRU had video game fig. Sets out: Republic Commandox4 & Force Unleashedx2.

Reaction score

Manassas TRU had 1 of each video game set. I couldn't justify $80 so only picked up the FU set. I can't decide if the republic commano upgrades are worth $40. Think ill probably stick with the original set.

Reaction score

...that's kinda where my mindset was on the Repub. Commando set, too.

Reaction score

Finally spotted the Jedi Turbo speeder in my hunting grounds. They have one at tru in gaithersburg. Plus they also have the TFU & Commandos BPs.

None of the new waves yet.