Recent Acquisitions - Transformers Edition

Reaction score
Yes sir! I have many KO Masterpieces and I swear, they are practically indistinguishable from the real version.
Nice! I may go the KO route for Megatron then. I hoping the new release of the G1 toy look causes the prices on the last release to fall or other folks sell theirs off to get the new one.

This morning I picked up Blot, Cutthroat and Sinnertwin at Walmart

Reaction score
Got my Toys Alliance MAS-02 Megs in yesterday. Optimus Prime and the Joes now have some competition going up against Megatron and Cobra.

Reaction score
Found more Elita-1s & a couple of Hun-Grrrs today at the same WM I found E-1 last week. Now, where in the pits of Polyhex are wave 2 & 3 the Prime Master figures?

Reaction score
Stumbled onto TLK deluxe Hot Rod at Ross for $8.99. I read about him showing up a little ways back, but I was under the impressive he had come and gone like a radar blip.

Reaction score
Yeah I found him a couple months ago at Ross too. I didn't collect TLK figures but because he was one of those end of the line and a store exclusive I figured why not. There are reports that Cogman has been found at Ross on the east coast too.

Over the past week I have picked up PotP Outback, Hun-gurrr and Rippersnapper. I can now combine Abominus!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a while, but I completed the POTP Dinobots. Been getting some bits and parts to go back and replace or repair childhood G1 figures. Spoiler for Sunstreaker, tail fins for seekers, Parts for Mirage. Also got the MP-O2 Soundwave a couple months back.

Tonight, I found the $10 "Value Deluxe" Transformers line at Family Dollar. Saw the first wave, and while Prime looked pretty good, I passed. (Will probably regret that later) Have ZERO interest in the Bumblebee, but I did buy the Grimlock. I have to say I am honestly quite surprised at how good it actually is. Very similar to the G1 transformation and has decent articulation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a while, but I completed the POTP Dinobots. Been getting some bits and parts to go back and replace or repair childhood G1 figures. Spoiler for Sunstreaker, tail fins for seekers, Parts for Mirage. Also got the MP-O2 Soundwave a couple months back.

Tonight, I found the $10 "Value Deluxe" Transformers line at Family Dollar. Saw the first wave, and while Prime looked pretty good, I passed. (Will probably regret that later) Have ZERO interest in the Bumblebee, but I did buy the Grimlock. I have to say I am honestly quite surprised at how good it actually is. Very similar to the G1 transformation and has decent articulation.
nice stuff dj! i was collecting transformers before i got bit by the gi joe bug. ive managed a decent amount of transformers. mines a mix of modern and vintage though. im mostly hunting the characters i like;
not conforming to a single toy line. i am focusing on combiner wars and potp though because combiners are fun. i was going to pass on bumblebee myself (thanks for the over kill bay) but i found a cheap titans return version so i got it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm still hunting for Hun-Gurrr in Indianapolis. I found him twice in February and didn't buy him. Never saw him again. Now he's astronomical in price on amazon and ebay. Brickseek shows nothing ever in stock for him. Target employees at 4 different stores in my area say, based on the DPCI I give, they won't be restocking him. And Hasbro Toy Shop has been out of stock for 5 months on him. I've got the rest of the terrorcons. Just like Twin Twist, I'm starting to give up hope I'll ever get this one.

Reaction score
At a flea market today, two different sellers, picked up a relatively nice G1 Slag, and a yellowed and a little worn but unbroken JetFire.

Reaction score
Walmarts are in the process of a HUGE toy reset, but my local store finished the action figure section in time to have out POTP Hun-grrr (in case you missed him the first time) and Legends W3 Outback and Cindersaur.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Walmart's toy reset was last week, so between these and the Star Wars exclusives has gotten me a bit concerned personally. The Canada Walmarts, as they're being found there, appear to have different planograms.

Reaction score
Very clean concerned that the G1 figures will only be on line only exclusive no offense to anyone working for Walmart but they have got to be the most knee jerky over reactive store chain. Heck they wouldn’t even get the POTP Predaking in. It’s ironic that Walmart is afraid of their own exclusives they take on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got a distinct feeling these G1 exclusives will come via a small PDQ for either a feature endap or the aisle (Action Alley) across Toys. But once it sells through, poof, that's it.

Reaction score
I'm trying to remain positive at the moment. Usually, things like this in the past will just pop up out of nowhere with no warning or heads up at all. They will show up in a small endcap display like Deak_Starkiller mentioned, and once they're gone, they're gone. I'm still checking at least once a week on at least 3 different stores.

Reaction score
I noticed as of yesterday G1 Hot Rod was in stock online so I bought it. I received a shipping notice this morning that it was picked up in California and is in transit, should arrive by 8/21 to IL. If this is the case in California, doesn't that make one think all of that product will slowly start getting distributed across the US? I just hope it doesn't arrive beat all to hell...fingers crossed.

Reaction score
I've got a distinct feeling these G1 exclusives will come via a small PDQ for either a feature endap or the aisle (Action Alley) across Toys. But once it sells through, poof, that's it.
Agian why does Walmart do crap like that. Hey these are selling out like crazy. Let’s cancel them for the heck of it.

Reaction score
As earlier noted, the Canadian Walmart planograms look different, so I'm just wondering how long those Walmart shelves across the border will stay empty if they sell through before the next replenishment (if there IS a next replenishment). I don't know about them, but Walmart Marketing Managers here typically throw their usual sh*t-fits at empty shelves/pegs in the stores they're inspecting. Feature endcaps and Action Alley are usually easy to change out once something sells through, typically if it's one of those one-time-buy sort of deals.

Anyways, for acquisitions, I picked up a Last Knight deluxe Berzerker for $5.98 at Target clearance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was quite relieved today, Hot Rod arrived in perfect condition and he was packed well. The box didn't look like it had received several piledrivers before making its way to me. The colors are bold and the box is nice and glossy. It's very thick cardboard too, nothing flimsy about Hot Rod's packaging. Now I want a second one to open and relive that childhood nostalgia all over again.

Reaction score
I was quite relieved today, Hot Rod arrived in perfect condition and he was packed well. The box didn't look like it had received several piledrivers before making its way to me. The colors are bold and the box is nice and glossy. It's very thick cardboard too, nothing flimsy about Hot Rod's packaging. Now I want a second one to open and relive that childhood nostalgia all over again.
I used the in store pick up and got mine last week. Came in really good shape. I too would like another to open.

Reaction score
Just got PotP Novastar at Walmart. All done with PotP until Amazon ships my Punch/Counterpunch set

Reaction score
Picked up The Last Knight deluxe Drift at Ross for $7.99 after work. Another Ross had a Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm for $19.99.

Reaction score
I was able to my order my second G1 Hot Rod today and it's scheduled to be picked up in 2 days. This makes me think they have got to be a distribution center somewhere close if it can be delivered to my WM in Southern IL in only 2 days. The first Hot Rod I ordered back in August took about 10 days to be delivered. It's making me think they've got to be hitting shelves sometime very soon.

Reaction score
I was able to my order my second G1 Hot Rod today and it's scheduled to be picked up in 2 days. This makes me think they have got to be a distribution center somewhere close if it can be delivered to my WM in Southern IL in only 2 days. The first Hot Rod I ordered back in August took about 10 days to be delivered. It's making me think they've got to be hitting shelves sometime very soon.
Hot rod has been in stock for a few days now. I ordered bumblebee Sunday and its on its way to my local walmart to be there Thursday. I still have an outstanding order of starscream from a week ago that has had no activity, I'm not going to complain though cause last time when I asked customer service what was the hold up they canceled the order. Then again, they still might cancel the order, but I'm not gonna push it.

Reaction score
Hot rod has been in stock for a few days now. I ordered bumblebee Sunday and its on its way to my local Walmart to be there Thursday. I still have an outstanding order of Starscream from a week ago that has had no activity, I'm not going to complain though cause last time when I asked customer service what was the hold up they canceled the order. Then again, they still might cancel the order, but I'm not gonna push it.
Thanks for the heads up about Bumblebee being in stock. I checked this morning and sadly, he's already out of stock once more. I'll just keep my eyes peeled and check back every couple of days. I haven't even had the opportunity to order Starscream so hopefully, he will start showing soon as well.

Reaction score
I got lucky and ordered a starscream...a week later they cancelled the order. I hate Walmart
You think that's bad, here's what happened to me. I ordered Hot Rod the other day, and did ship-to-store to save shipping. It was ready for pickup last night, but when I got the box, it felt extremely light. Before leaving, I opened the box in my car to find....a box of band-aids!!!! I immediately went back in to customer service, and they gave me a full refund, but for a second, I didn't think they were gonna' believe me. I even pulled up my order on my phone and made it clear that I had just picked it up moments earlier. I'm wondering, if you do ship-to-store, does it not come from the warehouse, but instead some two-bit employee packs it from another store? Seems to me that could be the only way such a ridiculous "mistake" could happen, although I'd think even Walmart employees aren't THAT stupid! I could understand packing a different figure, but something from a completely unrelated department?!

The website still shows him in stock, but I wasn't about to take a chance again - the next time they might not believe me. I went to ebay and paid more for Hot Rod, as well as Starscream, because I don't know if this was an isolated incident or not. Makes me a bit concerned as far as the Star Wars exclusives go (if they ever come on sale), but everything else I've ordered in the past (including, most recently, the Tony Stark/Iron Man exclusive) came in without a problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm wondering, if you do ship-to-store, does it not come from the warehouse, but instead some two-bit employee packs it from another store?
Wow, sorry you had that experience. Walmart .com orders also come from what is called a 'fulfillment' store, not entirely from distribution center warehouses. The store in Tracy, CA here in the Bay Area is one such store (it's a big *** store) so the store carries enough of a volume to fulfill .com orders as well. It typically saves on transit time and shipping expenses in some cases. Kind of hard to fathom that this was an honest mistake, or maybe the employee didn't have the guts to pick up the phone to call you (the customer) up saying that the order couldn't get fulfilled. Happens quite a bit unfortunately.

Reaction score
Wow, sorry you had that experience. Walmart .com orders also come from what is called a 'fulfillment' store, not entirely from distribution center warehouses. The store in Tracy, CA here in the Bay Area is one such store (it's a big *** store) so the store carries enough of a volume to fulfill .com orders as well. It typically saves on transit time and shipping expenses in some cases. Kind of hard to fathom that this was an honest mistake, or maybe the employee didn't have the guts to pick up the phone to call you (the customer) up saying that the order couldn't get fulfilled. Happens quite a bit unfortunately.
My first thought was, whoever packed it kept Hot Rod for himself and thought it would be hilarious to send me the band-aids instead. If it was cancelled, a simple e-mail would have sufficed, but then, it still says that it's in stock, so who knows.

Reaction score
I picked up Devastator that I had shipped to my local Walmart. He came in good shape. Same with the 2 seperate Hot rods I ordered. The only thing with roddy was they packing him an a smaller box and top flap got bent but no matter.

Reaction score
My Punch/Counterpunch arrived from Amazon today. Box was crushed to hell, which is annoying even though I am going to open him

Reaction score
Found 3 devastors on the shelf at Walmart today. I got one from WM.com but wanted another to open.
That's awesome! This is the first report I've heard of actually seeing any G1 reissues in-store. Hopefully, that's a good sign of things to come. I keep checking WM.com daily and still nothing in stock.

Reaction score
That's awesome! This is the first report I've heard of actually seeing any G1 reissues in-store. Hopefully, that's a good sign of things to come. I keep checking WM.com daily and still nothing in stock.
I have been checking Brickseek which has been helpful. The only thing is I think a lot of Walmart’s are holding these for their resets.