Recent Acquisitions - Transformers Edition

Reaction score
Deak is always finding awesome stuff at the Goodwills in his area. The Goodwills in my area suck.
Over the weekend my son got a few belated b-day presents. He got the robo vision Prime and Scorponok.

GNT

Reaction score
Did pick up Ironhide and Starscream today, still boxed for the time being but Ironhide looks awesome in vehicle mode and well looks semi decent in robot form. Thankgod for sales! I've saved a huge amount on all the new items!

Reaction score
LandoGriffin said:
Deak is always finding awesome stuff at the Goodwills in his area. The Goodwills in my area suck.
Over the weekend my son got a few belated b-day presents. He got the robo vision Prime and Scorponok.
I get the impression that some of these TF donations are due to young kids getting these as presents and getting frustrated with the movie-style transformations. I'll admit, even my 9-year old stepson needs help though he's good with many of the Armada and Cybertron TF's. Some packages I've seen have, curiously enough, remnants of giftwrap on them. To add further, the toys while already opened seem perfectly fine, including complete accessories and instructions. To date, I've seen a couple of deluxe Bumblebee at the same store, so maybe he's a popular character, but not popular enough to keep maybe because of the transformation process.

GNT

Reaction score
Picked up Bonecrusher so I think I've got the whole crew now except for Optimus and Megs who I passed on.

G

I just got the Masterpiece Starscream, an Alternators Mirage and some classics.

Reaction score
I don't think it is out yet. But I passed on the leader one so far. Too expensive, and I want the Voyager one more anyway.

Reaction score
Thanks to the tip from Deak, I found a Leader Optimus and Leader Megatron at this Goodwill for the low price of 9.99 ea. The boxes were thrashed but the figures are in mint condition. I was going to pass on the Maegatron cause it was missing part of its arm but come to find they put it in with Optimus Prime. Apparently this Goodwill gets products from Target that is damaged freight or Clearance left overs.

Reaction score
DarthBuff said:
How long till we see Voyager Class Movie Megatron?
I saw one on ebay....who knows where they are getting it though....I saw an optimus prime voyager also on ebay.

Reaction score
godzilla said:
Thanks to the tip from Deak, I found a Leader Optimus and Leader Megatron at this Goodwill for the low price of 9.99 ea. The boxes were thrashed but the figures are in mint condition. I was going to pass on the Maegatron cause it was missing part of its arm but come to find they put it in with Optimus Prime. Apparently this Goodwill gets products from Target that is damaged freight or Clearance left overs.
Is that the Milpitas store off of Calaveras I-237? I'm only a few blocks away and get nearly all my goods there.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
godzilla said:
Is that the Milpitas store off of Calaveras I-237? I'm only a few blocks away and get nearly all my goods there.
Yeah, thats the the one. I work off of Montague Expressway and went there right after work.

Reaction score
Thanks...AFAIK, this is the best one in the area. The others I've been to don't get merchandise like this. As for the Leader Classes, good haul, since I stop there practically every day after work except on certain days, so I must have missed those. Anyway, I'm pretty sure there are more that will come in.

Reaction score
Being from Sacramento and making several trips through that areas I know exactly where you are talking about. My sister is moving back to Santa Cruz next weekend and Milpitas is where I always stop. I may have to check it out next time I drive through.

Reaction score
I found and bought the ever elusive Robot Hero Optimus/Unicron and Thundercracker/Jazz sets from Target this morning.

Reaction score
Got a good haul and picked up movie Starscream and Brawl for just under 10 bucks at Goodwill today.

Reaction score
brand42 said:
I found and bought the ever elusive Robot Hero Optimus/Unicron and Thundercracker/Jazz sets from Target this morning.
Does your Thundercracker have the Decepticon logo on the back of both wings? Mine is missing the logo on one.

Reaction score
Evicerous said:
brand42 said:
Does your Thundercracker have the Decepticon logo on the back of both wings? Mine is missing the logo on one.
I didn't notice until now but yes it is missing a Decepticon logo on one wing.

Reaction score
brand42 said:
Evicerous said:
brand42 said:
I didn't notice until now but yes it is missing a Decepticon logo on one wing.
I found two more at Target today, and although it was very hard to tell without opening them (I was trying to shine the flashlight built into my cellphone through the package), I think they were the same way. I'm glad nobody saw me do that! My Skywarp and Starscream both have two logos each.

Reaction score
The Kmart exclusive Unleashed Bumblebees I have seen (4 of 'em- probably from the same case) are all missing the lettering on the license plate that protects his "lil' bumblebee". I would rather have a correctly painted one than the comic book. Out of the three Kmarts near me, only one of them has bothered to stock their own exclusive.

Reaction score
Evicerous said:
The Kmart exclusive Unleashed Bumblebees I have seen (4 of 'em- probably from the same case) are all missing the lettering on the license plate that protects his "lil' bumblebee". I would rather have a correctly painted one than the comic book. Out of the three Kmarts near me, only one of them has bothered to stock their own exclusive.
What are the differences in the Unleashed Bumblebee Exclusives? I picked one up at Target for me and another at Wal-Mart for my bro.

Reaction score
Kmart's includes a bonus comic book: Prequel #1 with exclusive cover. It's $2 more than at Walmart or Target, also. Walmart's and Target's are the same; no exclusives.

I still don't know if ALL the Kmart UL BBs are missing the licence plate numbers, or if I just found a bad batch.

Reaction score
I got the WM exclusive Robot Heroes set. just couldn't resist it at 9.96 and with a great background diorama

also got the Burger King Ironhide, Starscream and Blackout toys.

Reaction score
Haha, great for the Burger King scores!! My daughter (9 yrs old) got me the BK Optimus Prime last week.... fun little toy! Brought back memories of the silly fast food toys from when i was her age.

Reaction score
I've yet to see the Voyager Megatron or 08 Bumblebee.

Edit - I went to TRU on my lunch break and found one lonely exclusive Soundwave for $30 which surprised me as I thought it was supposed to be $40 or $45. Plus they threw in a free beach bag, which my wife will appreciate.

Edit - ok I thought I got a good deal on Soundwave for $29.99 but I was just checking the TRU website and they have it listed for $7.50 but its out of stock.

Reaction score
LandoGriffin said:
I've yet to see the Voyager Megatron or 08 Bumblebee.

Edit - I went to TRU on my lunch break and found one lonely exclusive Soundwave for $30 which surprised me as I thought it was supposed to be $40 or $45. Plus they threw in a free beach bag, which my wife will appreciate.

Edit - ok I thought I got a good deal on Soundwave for $29.99 but I was just checking the TRU website and they have it listed for $7.50 but its out of stock.
They're selling on ebay for $59.99-$69.99

I got word from my buddy that went to Botcon that he picked me up a complete vintage Ironhide and Ramjet and a set of the exclusive Classics Seekers.

Reaction score
Well I got the Target exclusive Clocker, Arcee and Hardtop, as well as the Classics Cliffjumper and Mirage and the Optimus/Megatron 2 pack. In addtion to finding an Armada era "Red Alert" in a sealed box for get this... $6.50 at a "baby go round" kinda a resale shop like Play it Again Sports, but with kids stuff. I was walking past the store and I saw the box on a shelf, I walk in, see it's $6.50 considered it SOLD. And man this is a BIG figure with lights and sounds that still work. He way dwarfs my Claasic Voyager Optimus. But for the price I couldn't pass him up.

Plus I found a couple of my old G2 toys. One I must have accidentally spraypainted years ago, because like half of him is a blueish paint. And the other one definately had some play, but is missing a wheel, and I think I found a G1 constructicon, its a front end loader.

Pretty fun week for collecting

Reaction score
NickRyder said:
Well I got the Target exclusive Clocker, Arcee and Hardtop, as well as the Classics Cliffjumper and Mirage and the Optimus/Megatron 2 pack. In addtion to finding an Armada era "Red Alert" in a sealed box for get this... $6.50 at a "baby go round" kinda a resale shop like Play it Again Sports, but with kids stuff. I was walking past the store and I saw the box on a shelf, I walk in, see it's $6.50 considered it SOLD. And man this is a BIG figure with lights and sounds that still work. He way dwarfs my Claasic Voyager Optimus. But for the price I couldn't pass him up.

Plus I found a couple of my old G2 toys. One I must have accidentally spraypainted years ago, because like half of him is a blueish paint. And the other one definately had some play, but is missing a wheel, and I think I found a G1 constructicon, its a front end loader.

Pretty fun week for collecting
That Armada Red Alert was one of the lamest figures I ever bought. I wound up giving it away to a friend of mine who collects Transformers, and he didn't buy one for himself since he thought it was lame.

Reaction score
I preordered all the mini-busts.....

And I hope to goodness that I get lots of b-day cash for some MP love!

Reaction score
Got a grocery bag full of G1 for $110. A mostly Complete Devastator, Motormaster, Computron, Sunstreaker, Bluestreak, Cyclonus, Scourge, Thrust, Starscream, Bummblejumper, 3 mini cars and about a half gallon of weapons, wings, Heads, fists, and missiles that don't go to any of those. Oh yeah and a Brawn Tech Spec.

Reaction score
ThorOakenfelder said:
Got a grocery bag full of G1 for $110. A mostly Complete Devastator, Motormaster, Computron, Sunstreaker, Bluestreak, Cyclonus, Scourge, Thrust, Starscream, Bummblejumper, 3 mini cars and about a half gallon of weapons, wings, Heads, fists, and missiles that don't go to any of those. Oh yeah and a Brawn Tech Spec.
NICE SCORE!

Reaction score
Picked up Thundercracker/Jazz the other day (yes, only one wing's got the Decepticon logo) and Magnus/Megatron this morning (plus I saw 2 pairs of Prime/Unicron & Thunder/Jazz, so they're getting less elusive!)

I might cave & get Prime/Unicron, since Prime in particular looks really cool, and Starscream/Mirage... not sure about Hot Rod & Shrapnel, though a large part of that is due to Hasbro not naming 'em properly

Deluxe figures are sloooooooowly trickling in at my local Target, on top of the pegs full of Proto Starscreams still hogging space. Today I saw Scorponok & Wreckage (what happened to him in the film?!) but that was it.

GNT

Reaction score
Picked up the 2008 Camaro Bumblebee nearly from the case...Yay! I think I have all the characters in toy form now...lol so much for buying a couple good looking ones

Reaction score
Got matrix prime/unicron, and jazz/t-cracker...

AND Classics Prime at TRU yesterday! Good times!

Reaction score
Just picked up a TRU exclusive Soundwave on the way back from my in-laws. Only one there just sitting on the shelf with no home.

Reaction score
This is not an actual purchase but a recent acquisition nonetheless:
I found all of my old Transformers from when I was a kid. In one day, I got:
Hot Rod
Kup
Devastor (all Constructicons)
Jazz
Bumblebee
Grimlock and
OPTIMUS PRIME

I had stored them in a box and apparantely, my mom put them in the attic when she moved. She moved a few more times and the box was unmarked and sealed, so she just stored them away. She called me last night asking me if I wanted to sell my Transformers in the garage sale.

I told her I just bought my transformers and didn't want to sell them.
She said "Not your new ones. The old ones from when you were a kid."
I hauled [censored] over there and moments later, I had my childhood back.
Sadly, my childhood would be destroyed soon after when I saw the movie, but that is another story.