Recent Acquisitions Thread

Reaction score
My last acquisitions of the past 2 months

35 loose figurs & Stormtrooper MOC ROTJ with Leia Combat Poncho MOC ROTJ

more than 60 loose figurs with some weapons

French Meccano Imperial Troop Transport (with 3 bonus figurs inside)

B Wing Pilot MOC on POTF Card & Snaggletooth French Meccano Cardback

Biker Scout Laser Pistol MIB & Imperial Gunner POTF cardback with Bubble

French Meccano Scout Walker with french catalogue & loose figurs

Reaction score
Just picked up this in a trade for a first shot stormtrooper.

DT, prototype cape, no dates, hand-painted and assembled.

Cj

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been meaning to share some of my collection for a while....Here are my 3 EP's that just got back from AFA.
Chewie, Ben w/DT saber, and Leia with flashy cape.

Last edited:

HWR

Reaction score
Here are my most important purchases in 2011.

Easter, The three Takara variations:

October, Loose vintage Imperial Shuttle:

December, X-Wing Aces Target Game (with box)

Reaction score
Congrats Henrik on the Takara trio! Very nice of the Easter bunny to bring you those!

And the X-Wing Aces is just superb :applouse:

HWR

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

Haven't tested it yet, Mattias, as it came with the adapter for American power sockets. Need to buy an European adapter, or actually I believe there are several adapters among my dad's stuff, just need to find the box or bag where I put them. Will let you know, when i have tested it. According the sellers it should work 100%.

Congrats to you BayTrooper, that's a nice pair of figures, you got there.

Reaction score
I've been meaning to share some of my collection for a while....Here are my 3 EP's that just got back from AFA.
Chewie, Ben w/DT saber, and Leia with flashy cape.
Bit puzzled on this one as doesn't Ben come with a blue DT Saber and Luke has the yellow one?? How does this work???

Reaction score
Bit puzzled on this one as doesn't Ben come with a blue DT Saber and Luke has the yellow one?? How does this work???
I'm no expert on preproduction sabers but I've seen a few, had one, and read several articles :) Quite commonly preproduction Bens come with yellow preproduction DT sabers. In fact I don't recall too many, if any, blue preproduction DT sabers with preproduction Bens except maybe an early mushroom tip version. Bill has some red Vader ones, "some" :) Point is, yellow with Ben in this case is not unusual. They likely had tons of yellow ones kicking around because that was thie first color they tested and cast in? This EP is AFA'd as well, I doubt they would have otherwise.

Reaction score
I'm jumping back into the hobby after mostly not buying for about 8 years!

Here are some of my recent acquisitions for December 2011. There's more, but I haven't got around to photographing everything yet.

Always wanted one of these. I have had the C-3PO bank for a long time, and both the R2 and 3PO cookie jars, and finally came across this R2 bank in the fall when I was ready to buy. The stars aligned. Don't they look great together?

Aside from that I have been focused on replacing things that went missing. I regret having sold a few things 6-8 years ago, then discovered more that had been stolen from my storage by a friend of the family while I wasn't paying attention. So here are some very nice replacements I got from ebay:

I didn't realize Luke stormy was going to be slightly yellowed, but he is very nice otherwise, so no big deal. Lando and dignitary are in much better condition than the ones I lost, so I am thrilled to replace AND upgrade!

You can never have enough Speeder Bikes- I needed to fill that space in my display, & it was cheap! less than 5 bucks on Crave!

Goal #2: Army-building! Hoth world has been stashed in storage way too long. The new acquisition shown here is the figures themselves- found some very nice ones on Etsy of all places!

Last but not least, what do you do when you pretty much completed your loose collection over a decade ago and have no real interest in the tedium of variation collecting?

Well, you might look for oddities and errors, like this:

I don't usually buy them when they are advertised as errors with big prices, unless they are super humorous. I like to find them "by accident" advertised as normal figures most of the time, adds to the charm. Bought this AT-AT driver off ebay for 6 bucks. I knew those Imperials were sloppier than they were letting on!!! lol

The only real variations I actively seek are Yoda, because I think the combo of variations with the original expression of the sculpt is more humorous. The one on the left is a normal pac-man-eyes Yoda that came with a lot of loose figs for cheap, an ebay gamble that had real bad photos on the listing (I overpaid but oh well). The one on the right, my first purchase from Bonanza, just came in the mail this week, technically the first January purchase. I call him my "lazy-eyed" Yoda. Don't he look crazy?! haha

And one more replacement for missing items from my storage, not too shabby I think:

Reaction score
Wow. Those ceramic pieces are amazing. I've considered nabbing a couple of those for years and it might be time that I acted on it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement guys! and for looking.

I definitely recommend the ceramic stuff- esp the earlier pieces. They are a ton of fun, have an artsy quality that seems to bridge the gap between toy and what most outsides might consider more "adult" home decor! While most of my collection languished in storage these past 8 years or so, the ceramic pieces have always had a prominent place among the other things in my home.

On that note, here is a january purchase- sorry the pics are not as good, I only had the phone w/me that day.

I stayed away from these in the 90s only because I had no where to hang or display them. Now I have big, blank walls and ebay....so....

And here are the rest of my December purchases-
Two more replacement purchases of items I had in the 90s and had lost (sort of)- until now!

And this was so cheap I just could not pass it up- 10 bucks!!!! how'd that happen?!

A new January purchase I am thrilled with-

And last but not least- I decided my apartment needed a few TIE-Chotchkees.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree, those 12-backs look amazing! that's on my radar right now as well- would have been well on my way if the Chewey i ordered had not disappeared in transit :(

Reaction score
Great figures. YOU have picked up some nice 12 backs of late. I just noticed the bad guys you posted. Very impressive set of 12 backs you are putting together. How many more to go ??
Thanks! 10 down, 2 to go. Should be able to pick them up in the next month or 2. I look forward to updating my limelight thread once they're all here!

Reaction score
Speaking of ceramics, these just arrived:

on the right is the Darth bank by Roman Ceramics- another absolute STEAL, under 10 bucks shipped.
Yoda accent light on the left was expensive IMO but a must-have. I'm just crazy for Yoda.

Reaction score
Well thanks - I rather like the clean look of the Palitoy version, which doesn't have the white price tag square.