Recent Acquisitions Thread

Reaction score
Sorry mate forgot to - yes it's got a tint of yellowing going on. Generally these thin miscard bubbles are clear. Hadn't seen one of this combo for sale for quite some time so went for it.

Cheers

Hey Pat no worries!

yes they usually are but still even with a yellow bubble it is a very nice tri-logo!

Reaction score
Picked up a couple MOC's through trades and sales. Brings me up to 11 currently, which I never thought I'd own as this stuff gets pricey (preaching to the choir, I know)...I am particularly fond of R2 as hes on of my faves and its my only carded example

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I last posted a new acquisition on this thread!
Here is a Brazilian Model Trem Gamorrean Guard bootleg I just added to my Jabba's palace.
I think I got the bug for boot's!! ;)

Reaction score
That is so cool, bootlegs are awesome!
It's been a long time since I last posted a new acquisition on this thread!
Here is a Brazilian Model Trem Gamorrean Guard bootleg I just added to my Jabba's palace.
I think I got the bug for boot's!! ;)

Reaction score

I picked up a four carded figures recently, also posting a pic of a SW R2-D2 I got several months ago:

SW R2-D2 21 Back...trade for an extra boxed Falcon, and a MOC ESB IG-88

ESB Tie Fighter Pilot 47 Back...just purchased on our trip to Toronto this past week

ESB AT-AT Driver 48 Back...Toronto

ESB FX-7 47 Back...Toronto

POTF Wicket...Purchased from my brother's friend...has a clear bubble!!!

The POTF Wicket is the best of the bunch, but the rest have some issues like yellow bubbles and wear/creases. Overall I'm happy to buy any carded figures now since the Canadian dollar is low and eBay is not cost effective for myself anymore. The sad thing is that I had all of these figures years ago in excellent condition and as Canadian releases (Wicket on ROTJ), but I sold about 40+ MOC's to buy myself an Olympic weight set. It was worth it then but I had the impression I'd replace them all easily (late 90's) then. I was wrong :'(.

Reaction score
Bruce, great Leia!

Earlier this year, I picked up a MIRO-MECCANO X-Wing Fighter with Swedish price sticker.

That is a real cool find!
Did they import any other Meccano items in Sweden? Was there any Swedish paperwork (warranty, instructions...) added in the boxes?
-Matth

Reaction score
Just bought this C3PO Oscar trophy the other day from an exILMer. He received it as a gift from his friend, Lorne Peterson, back in the 1980s. It was handmade by Lorne (personalized on the bottom) and presented at a surprise "retirement" party. This is one of my greatest acquisitions so far collecting :)

Reaction score
Thanks, Lex. It isn't everyday one can obtain a grail :)

By the way, I responded to the thread you started about the director/actors' chairs.

~Steve

Reaction score
Just added this Meccano X-Wing fighter ("Chasseur X") version #1.
It completes my run of the 3 different Meccano GDE releases!
Like with the Meccano Landspeeder, Meccano used the Palitoy box and covered up the SW logo with the GDE logo and the Palitoy logo with the Meccano Logo. The other 2 versions have a different box art with both a red background.
This Meccano X-Wing was made in England ("fabriqué en Angleterre" printed on the box), while some Palitoy ships from the same era were made in France! This shows how close the relationships between Palitoy and Meccano were :)

And now the complete run!

Reaction score
I don't have near the collection that most of you do, and just now getting back into collecting and trying to acquire a complete vintage set. I saw this in a pawn shop for five bucks, and I had five on me so...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK4O9s5haIN

Now just have to find his cape and gun... :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got this on ebay.
Pretty happy with what's inside this Vader case.
A total of 35 good looking figures. No weapons though :( (just hope this closed accessories storage chamber had never been opened :p)
Couple of Deathstar droids, 3 vinyl capes that seem to be in good shape, and of course, the blue snaggletooth!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, yes it's a nice one. It was shipped through the (damn) global shipping program but arrived here safely.

Reaction score
After a years-long hiatus finally resumed my quest to the first 12 on first movie cards. Got Vader to start the 2nd half.

Last edited:

GAT

Reaction score
Hi All, first post here. I do not really have a focus but I have been collecting vintage Star Wars for about a year now. I am trying to start a loose collection though in addition to some MOCs and vehicles/creatures. I just picked up the following this week.

- AFA85 Lando General (loose)
- AFA85 General Madine (loose)
- AFA85 Imperial Commander (loose)
- AFA85 Bespin Han (MOC)

Reaction score
Nice Jedikman. I have never owned an original proof but would love to some day. I have always wanted a Han Hoth POTF Proof Card.

Tastie cool Gam. I have owned a Nikto POTF and man do I miss it. I always wanted a Gam, At Driver, Yak and Anakin but it costs $$$$,$$$$,$$$$,$$$$ ��

Reaction score
I just got this fine carded POTF coin in a trade from a fellow scummer today. The back has the figures that he got as a kid crossed off in marker. I plan to keep this carded. :)

Reaction score
I'm surprised he gave it up. Cool story.

Just picked up a triplet, now I got 2 sets of triplets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk