Recent Acquisitions Thread

Reaction score
Awesome new additions, they all look great!!!

Jeff

QUOTE=IoN_Cannon;18622726]Got a few MOC's back from AFA recently and a couple other additions from other members here on Scum! Thought I'd share:

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Here's a pic of a collection i brought today,there's 10 mocs missing out of this pic which were included.All will be for sale in the coming weeks.

Reaction score
Recently found a sealed C-3PO's Rebel Rocket with the order form for the Micro offer. Still on the lookout for the original envelope.

Reaction score
Cheers mate.
You will have to get a loose one now. Just be careful...It does look a bit suss though, so make sure it still has the stickers applied. That thing could be mistaken for something else by the untrained eye :highly_amused:

Reaction score
Very nice proof!

Here's another item to add to "The Force" lightsaber focus that arrived today. This is an original press photo that was used in the Seattle Times newspaper. It is Dated June 6th 1983 and says it was taken at a South Center Toys R Us.

Reaction score
My final Power of the Force coin showed up today. With the recent acquisition of my Tusken Raider, FX-7, and Yak Face coins, I finish my set!

Reaction score
Congratulations Bobby! Man, you put that together fast! The set looks great.

-Jeff

Reaction score
Shawn K that was me. I was playing in my bedroom with all my unopened star wars items. Funny how someone found my photo. JK. Awesome. I would love to be that kid back in time with the knowledge of today. Awesome thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
My final Power of the Force coin showed up today. With the recent acquisition of my Tusken Raider, FX-7, and Yak Face coins, I finish my set!

again , congrats ! I actually really like the way that is set up . I like the airtite cases and being able to pick them up and check them out from time to time .

Reaction score
well , not quite mine , but my room mate picked it up at the last gun show we went too , so I get to take it to the range when ever I want , and I will talk him out of it eventually unless I can find one of my own first .

Sterling Mk 4 carbine ( the stormtrooper blaster ) only the second time I have seen one around . I would like to pick up a Mauser Broom Handle C-96 too ( the Han Solo blaster ) but I have heard they are not all that great to shoot , unless you like getting hit in the forehead with hot shell casings .... and the last few I have seen have either been really pricey ($2500) , or really pricey beaters ($900) .

This Sterling is functional , hence the longer barrel because of the collapsible stock ( it's considered a rifle ) but there are a bunch of parts kit's turning up recently . With the parts kits , it's generally a complete gun with a cut receiver so it's not functional , but still looks the same , add some wiper blades and a cheap sight and voilà .... stormtrooper blaster . I was thinking of picking one of those up because they have the shorter barrel like the blasters in the movie , but the prices are about the same , which really doesn't make sense to me .

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Recently, I picked up a Vintage Kenner 3 3/4 inch Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) figure (loose) but with very good paint-apps and his Blaster! Bought this off an online trader.

:) Overall - extremely happy with my vintage purchase!

Reaction score

Hey guys, I took a chance on this craigslist find - 32 mocs + 3 more after i got to the guys house I paid $1200.00. There's a few palitoys, a few maid in mexico, a few tri logos, and a few esb, I'm going to get several graded. The maccano is mint I'm sure a AFA85, any ideas what it's worth?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I took a chance on this craigslist find - 32 mocs + 3 more after i got to the guys house I paid $1200.00. There's a few palitoys, a few maid in mexico, a few tri logos, and a few esb, I'm going to get several graded. The maccano is mint I'm sure a AFA85, any ideas what it's worth?
That's a nice find and a good mix of different cards. Was the seller a collector at one point?

The Meccano Jawa is one of the easiest to find, but I'd still estimate $150-$200 for an ungraded one. I'm by no means and expert on them, so hopefully you'll get other opinions, but that is what I've noticed in passing.

Here's my most recent score of some Droids and an Ewok prototype coins. It's amazing how the details seem to just pop out compared to the anodized produced versions.

Reaction score
That's a nice find and a good mix of different cards. Was the seller a collector at one point?

The Meccano Jawa is one of the easiest to find, but I'd still estimate $150-$200 for an ungraded one. I'm by no means and expert on them, so hopefully you'll get other opinions, but that is what I've noticed in passing.

Here's my most recent score of some Droids and an Ewok prototype coins. It's amazing how the details seem to just pop out compared to the anodized produced versions.
Thanks Shawn, yea he was a big collector he says he's done. He has the first 21 mocs in super mint condition ungraded i guess i got everything else.

Those coins look awesome, i've never seen the c3p0 before, very cool. Where can i get those acrylic coin cases i'm trying to finish a set of the last 17?

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of new pick ups, but I'll post these three for now.

First is one of the rarer, round R2 Coasters from Empire Strikes Back. It was given out to the cast and crew after production wrapped. I've been trying to get one of these for a while and was happy to land one that's in such nice shape. Can't beat metallic blue! :)

Next is the more common, square cast and crew Coaster. I love the earlier ESB logo design.

Finally, I was lucky enough to get one of Josh Blake's custom-made models of the unproduced Micro Batcta Chamber. I don't generally go after customs or reproductions, but I was really struck by the quality of construction. It's more a work of art than a simple reproduction, and I really appreciate the care and skill that went into it. Plus, it's a perfect way to display unproduced Bacta Chamber figures! (Besides the Luke figure, I've also got a 2-1B... Still looking for the other two.)

Reaction score
You'd have to ask Josh, DS, but I believe he said the molds are shot. I think mine was a last minute, "wing-and-a-prayer" build up...

Reaction score
Killer additions Brian! That R2 coaster is a most excellent addition to the droid focus.

Reaction score
Good going every one. Nice to see a Wicket with a clear bubble. I remember that particular character being a pain to find with a clear bubble when i was hunting him.

Regards

Reaction score
Hey ION where can I pick up a Luke X Wing 21 back for 1.99? Nice stuff.