Recent Acquisitions Thread

Reaction score
Re: Recent acquisitions tread

Andy- I've had to slow down a bit lately but still have the odd piece coming in. Can't totally stop to pay bills now can I?

Reaction score

Great pieces guys, loving Ions mocs though struggling to get some of the ratings, the fett looks pretty mint and gets a 80 where as the logray look to have had a couple of bubble bumps on the top and that gets an 85. Well guess you can't rate anything on a pic but anyways great to see from all of you.

Reaction score
this just came today

well I put the coin in an airtite .

took me forever to find a nice obi-wan , now I have 3 but still no white hair , this one is no COO

didn't have the coin though , been collecting the POTF coins lately and this puts me at 20

oh yeah got these both on a buy it now for $15 shipped

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out for and extra one , still trying to find a nice yellow hair bespin Luke for you too . Yeah I was mostly into getting the coin but the Ben is super nice too

Reaction score
Fed Ex made me a happy collector today!

I recently picked up this production-used Death Star panel. It's 3 x 3 inches, made of foam, and was used for the longer range shots of the battle station. I purchased it from the Prop Store of London, who got it from Richard Edlund, the Director of Special Effects Photography on ANH.

More info here: Prop Thread

Reaction score
GanjaFett said:
Great deal for $15 and you're not the only one who still needs a white hair ben.
Yeah, that's a fantastic deal. Obi Wan coins have a tendency to get hot too. About a year or so ago, I remember one closed on e-bay for around $73.

Reaction score
Recent acquisitions from the first two quarters of 2011, pic 1 is first quarter, pic 2 is second qtr. Foreign items include Toltoys, Ledy and PBP. Thanks to those that helped from RS.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Reaction score

Nice work everyone. This is a great thread for sure.

Ion - You seem to be on a roll lately, good going with all those sweet clear bubbled MOCs.

Doc - The prop piece from the Death Star is super cool.

Reaction score

So a few weeks ago I purchased the MISB latch hook rug kit from Stevemac. It arrived and I was so eager and happy to get it I did this...

I think it looks BEAUTIFUL

What do you guys think? Steve??

Reaction score

Nice! I picked up the Vader one a couple of years go. Still have not made it...

HWR

Reaction score

Just bought this from Danish collector and RS memeber, Kaze:

It's a Danish rental cassette from 1986 with Danish subtitles. Didn't knew it existed with Danish subtitles until recently, I dont know if Battel for Endor also was available for rental here. I doubt any of them exist on sales cassette with Danish subtitles.

http://www.pencilart.dk/wip/toysale/ewoks/001.JPG
http://www.pencilart.dk/wip/toysale/ewoks/002.JPG
http://www.pencilart.dk/wip/toysale/ewoks/003.JPG
http://www.pencilart.dk/wip/toysale/ewoks/004.JPG

Reaction score

Bobby, that Landspeeder is GREAT. And to think, you only had to pay about $13 for it!

Reaction score

It was a stretch at $12.97 and I had to scrounge around the car a bit for the tax.

Reaction score

Those price tags make me laugh through my tears.

Beautiful additions!

Reaction score

Picked up a couple more carded figs this week. I am actually more amped about the Twins set though. It has been opened at the top but cool none-the-less. I had to look at the Han again after the pic noticing a big crease on the front, where did that come from? It is actually on the starcase.

Reaction score

Pretty sweet John. 2-1B has one of the coolest card pics out there. And the mailer looks cool too.

Reaction score

Couldn't resist picking up this bad boy on the way home from work today. I am happy to report it fits into a Detolf if your Jawa knows how to parallel park.

Reaction score

Great looking Sancrawler, and I assume that Jawa has a valid CDL to park that thing.

Also, Rattlensnake Toys what an awesome Tomax and Xamot!

I got this in today. Im still shocked at the final selling price. I think people figured BobaBlarcFett wouldnt complete the transacition or maybe his negatives hurt him. Either way I was ready to go at least double my winning bid so I was pretty happy.

Reaction score
After a seven year break these are my two most recent pick ups. Photo uploading not working for me so I'm using Image Shack

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Been waiting seven years to do this...

Reaction score
Some nice pick-ups there guys. Great looking Sandcrawler, gotta get my hands on one of those babies soon! Great find of coins there too Sharp (not to mention the Skiff!).

Reaction score
Got a 1984 Imperial Shuttle off CL for $35.

Only missing the fat part of the ramp and needs a lil wing work to get them synced.

I am stoked.

Reaction score
I have a star wars game room (see my signature) but there was no vintage carded toys in the room, so i tried to pick out a special one. Yoda is keeping it safe for me.

Reaction score
New arrivals in the last two days. The only downside is it appears there is small choice R5 has been resealed but it may just be the seal itself deteriorating since it came from a good dealer. Plus, ESB R5's don't seem easy to come by and less so with the survival offer so I'll deal with it.

Reaction score
these arrived today , never thought I would have anything like this in my collection , so far it has just been production stuff .

the regular is just there for size comparison . Tried to rig up something to make it fit in the airtite but I might have to just buy a couple of the 32mm holders

anyone know how to tell the difference between the 'wire frame' yoda and the regular on the back , couldn't find any good pics around .

Reaction score

Nice pick ups fella's,

Here's my latest acquisitions.

My first 12 back courtesy of edd_jedi and some nice loosies getting closer to completing the loose collection.

Reaction score

I owe this thread a post if I remember correctly. I'm lucky as hell to have some cool mofos as friends that either keep an eye out for good stuff or keep me in mind for good stuff. I've been saving up some stuff, so here it goes...

Luke/TaunTaun POTF2 first shot and a pic of my only 2 modern protos

Some Joes I bought recently. I was born in '80 so I was still collecting some of these dorkier ones

I've got some new mexi's mixed in this shot, which ones, I'm not sure, but some are new

Polish 1st Gens and 2 Unarts and a 3rd gen (notice none are Fetts)

Yoda 35mm slide with my Bday Oct 80 imprinted into the slide, how cool is that !!! (I could have photographed it where it looked cool with light behind it, but I was in a hurry)

And the coolest thing imo, a Polish Night Creeper carded with a Snowtrooper Rifle!!

Hope you enjoyed the ride!

Reaction score

Andy - Those are all some very cool pick ups! Of course I'm partial to the bootlegs knowing how much work must have gone into getting those. And the Action Force MOC bootleg is incredible!

Way to go man!

Reaction score

Andy- I love this [censored]. And I do give a [censored]

And that Chewie looks like he's fitting right in. Make sure you feed him twice a week. He likes broken GI Joe figures and moose turds.

Reaction score
Thanks to CanadianCollectR, I'm now the proud owner of this vintage Probe Droid first shot. It's cast in non-production colors (light grey), though two of the arms are production replacements. This is my first first shot, so I'm pretty thrilled. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah nice one Brian - was wondering where that piece went - still annoyed I missed it. Congrats on the purchase.

Regards,

Christian