Recent Acquisitions Thread

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone thinks it would be good either in here or the limelight section for a recent aquisitions thread for those times when you pick up something good and feel it's not really worth a limelight. Apologies if this has been bought up before.

Reaction score
Re: Recent aquisitions tread

I'll go first

IG-88 77 back & Takara Alt head C-3PO with bubble lifting enough to pop that fig out, which is why I bought it, for my loose display. Shame though as it is a beautiful unpunched card and the bubble is ding free, just lifting off neatly

12 Back Vinyl Cape Jawa, in my loose wall case, POTF Stormie and a Gunner Luke. No. I did not pull the Jawa off the card. I got the card and Jawa together.

Reaction score

Nice gunner Luke.

A recent aq's thread is a long time coming, but we should probably spell thread right though

Reaction score

Joshua_A said:
GanjaFett said:
Nice gunner Luke.

A recent aq's thread is a long time coming, but we should probably spell thread right though
And acquisitions
Didn't even notice that
. Seriously though, I'll have some pics to post soon!

Reaction score

chewbvader said:
Edited. Really should have paid more attention at school.
It's ok when I spell words incorrtctly, I tell people I was out sick from school the day they taught that word.

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Re: Recent acquisitions tread

This thread fits nicely with the Limelighting & Display section theme, so I'm moving it there and making it a sticky thread. If it appears to have a negative impact on the amount of limelighting threads, it might be "unstickied", but for the time being we'll give it a try as I can see merit in its existence.

- Mike

Reaction score

Here's my latest pickups this week.

First a blue Luke X-Wing unart Polish bootleg. Wow that's a long name for a figure. He looks like candy and his face is very cartoony.

And here we have a couple of Mexi bootlegs. I hadn't seen this color combo on the At-At Driver before. And I like how the maker made their own verion of the Gammy.

Reaction score

just got an MTV-7 and and INT-4

loved the min-rigs when I was a kid, it's nice to have a couple of them again now.

Reaction score

Good thread, should be cool to see if people participate. Here is a couple of my more recent acquisitions, nothing special but fun none the less....

Reaction score

I'll be adding some stuff that I've recently scored tomorrow. Just a note: I think this thread is a great idea. I'll have a lot of fun checking this every day.

Reaction score

Yeah we get to post our stuff twice now! We've done this on TIG and it's literally the most active thread we've got. It's amazing what arrives in the mail!

These are my latest. 20Bk GDE Luke (which is up for sale from a trade that didnt come to fruition), Baggie Blue Snag and Greedo with Box and much thanks to Joe (SW3Packs)here on RS!. Lastly my first Hungarian MOC!!

Reaction score

It has been done before on here but the fact it has been stickied this time it will work much better imo.

Also! I don't buy much SW stuff nowadays. It would be cool if we could add any latest vintage toy purchases here.
Are we going to allow that also?

Reaction score

Joshua_A said:
It has been done before on here but the fact it has been stickied this time it will work much better imo.

Also! I don't buy much SW stuff nowadays. It would be cool if we could add any latest vintage toy purchaces here.
You just want to post piccys of the bug lantern and bug catcher, dontcha?

michael_mensinger

Reaction score

Josh wrote:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Also! I don't buy much SW stuff nowadays. It would be cool if we could add any latest vintage toy purchases here.

[/QUOTE]

Josh, that's not going to be allowed right now. We already have the "Rare Toy Showcase" thread and collctors are always encouraged to post in the Cool Toy Review Vintage section, so this thread will stick strictly to vintage Star Wars items.

- Mike

Reaction score

Joshua_A said:
No probs, Mike.
Good idea though Josh, I'd love to see other stuff bought by people as well. Maybe a link to the New Acq's in the CTR thread on the first post of the sticky? "This is Vintage Star Wars only, for other vintage toys visit the CTR Acq. thread HERE" or something like that...

Reaction score

I suppose Mike is right though as we do have the "Non-SW Rare Toy Showcase" already. Maybe it, the "OT: Original Art (Non-SW) Limelight and Discussion" and the "Star Wars Original Art Limelight Thread" could at least get stickied at the top of the limelight forums?
Sorry to be slightly OT here. Just some thoughts.

Reaction score

Picked up this today and am more than happy, could do with a guide on repairing the electrics though.

Reaction score

Oh, wow. You just made me want an A-wing. Very nice condition buddy.

DB- I'm loving the Snag bag. That's always been on my "one of these days" list. And I'm kicking myself for not snagging that Hungarian Wicket. Very nice!

Reaction score

My collection is in no condition to limelight at the moment, so this thread is a great idea. I've picked up a few things recently, but for now I'll just post my new Takara lightsaber. It was a holy grail of mine, and I really appreciate both the collector who turned me on to it, and the one who actually sold it to me.

This shot shows the three different colored lenses -- blue, red, and yellow.

Reaction score

Picked up this pretty cool 8X10 thanks to a fellow board member...

Reaction score

Jarrod_Zutton79 said:
Picked up this pretty cool 8X10 thanks to a fellow board member...

That's awesome Jarrod! Great pick up!

Congrats on all the new stuff guys, I always enjoy seeing peoples buys roll in

Reaction score

That is very impressive Jarrod.
Heres a couple of new bits I have picked up, nothing special like the sweet Hungarian Wicket but they are pretty minty, I would like anyones comments on which box to keep for the X Wing. Left or Right (for the vertical shots the top box is the left). Thanks all.
PS sorry for over doing it with the pictures.

Reaction score

Cool pickups everyone. Love seeing what everyone gets. It gives me ideas for stuff to look for. Like John said this is our most active thread on TIG. It's the first thing I check when I log in there.

Reaction score

Great stuff guys. The battle wagon is sweet. I must've missed Ion Cannon's Jawa and Yodas from a few posts back. Very nice. That's the condition I've been looking for ungraded and all. I would be happy as hell with those. It seems harder and harder to find minty MOC ungraded.

Reaction score

A couple more ponies in the stable:

Reaction score

nice stuff !

mostly a loose collector any more since I sold off all my carded stuff , but I was thinking it would be cool to pick up a 12 back chewy and c-3po since those were the first two figures I ever got when I was a kid , those 2 look great

Reaction score

Eric_Taylor said:
nice stuff !

mostly a loose collector any more since I sold off all my carded stuff , but I was thinking it would be cool to pick up a 12 back chewy and c-3po since those were the first two figures I ever got when I was a kid , those 2 look great
Thanks Brother. I don't know if there is any merit to this but I believe AFA uses more strict grading protocols for 12-backs. I believe a master grader does them. So when I see a 85 12-Back, I consider it a regular 90. I have several SW carded that came back 80's that look like solid 85 compared to other 85's. For 12-backs/21 backs its almost like 75=80, 80=85, 85=90, 90=immaculate. Not too man. But this is a whole another topic. Anyways, thanks Eric. I am going to try to post my new arrivals so everyone can enjoy them AND the work it takes to find!

-kevin

Reaction score

Man, really great stuff Ion!! There is nothing cooler than seeing vintage MOC that look like they were just pulled out of the case in 1978.

They're like little cardboard and plastic time machines. Love 'em!!

Reaction score

A few more recent arrivals. Nothing too amazing, clearer bubbles.

Reaction score

i just got my latch hook rug kit from Steve Mac....sooo nice..I will try to get a pic of it up this weekend..

Reaction score

Man those are some SWWWEEEET MOC's. WOW!

Here's my latest, big thanks to Michael (Michifromhell_de)

Reaction score

Hey guys. Here's my two bootleg arrivals this week. Veers and whatever this Ewoks name is. Luwok?? Papgrey?? Romat?? I can't keep Ewok names straight. Roadkill is a good name for them. They almost look "normal" don't they. No pink or purple or anything this time. If you stand across the room they almost look like Kenner figures on the shelf.

Reaction score

Ion- Very nice MOC's. I looked for a minty Zuckuss forever, and yours is A+. Love those clear bubbles, even POTF, wow.

John- Love that Meccano man.

Paul- Glad you're still bootlegin'. Nice Uni and Mexi.