Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Reaction score
Received my order of the Carbonized Shoretrooper, Moff Gideon and The Armorer from Walmart. All minty in a box, who knew?

My Incinerator Trooper was shipped separate so lets hope for the best.

Reaction score
Lando, IG-11 and Teebo were an early start to the week, with a pretty nice ending in the form of the Antoc Merrick X-Wing!

Reaction score
Got the Carbonized crew shipping alerts today, and I also already received the Death Star Droid I threw in as extra fodder. It shipped in a box, and was in 75-80 shape (little crease on a corner and slightly dinged bubble)

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The Wave 10 (Emperor wave) case I pre-ordered from EE arrived yesterday. It had some slight compression damage to the box, but I still hoped the figures inside would be okay. Nope! I don't know how, because the case compression wasn't really that bad and it was only on one side, but literally every figure (all 8) had either damage to the bubble (crushed, dented), and/or damage to the cardback (creased, folded, stress lines). 😲

Kind of surprised by EE here, as every case they've ever sent me has arrived mint. I've already initiated a return/replacement, but I imagine it's going to be several weeks before I can get a replacement case, even if they have one in stock now. If they don't have one, and I have to wait 'til the December date on their product page, I'm afraid it's going to be months. 😭

Reaction score
The (bad) luck of the draw! Everyone just crosses their fingers these days.

Reaction score
The Wave 10 (Emperor wave) case I pre-ordered from EE arrived yesterday. It had some slight compression damage to the box, but I still hoped the figures inside would be okay. Nope! I don't know how, because the case compression wasn't really that bad and it was only on one side, but literally every figure (all 8) had either damage to the bubble (crushed, dented), and/or damage to the cardback (creased, folded, stress lines). 😲
with the weight
Kind of surprised by EE here, as every case they've ever sent me has arrived mint. I've already initiated a return/replacement, but I imagine it's going to be several weeks before I can get a replacement case, even if they have one in stock now. If they don't have one, and I have to wait 'til the December date on their product page, I'm afraid it's going to be months. 😭

The way the figures are placed in the box's by China/Hasbro now and for the past few years (packed in the case-Standing straight up) is the worst way to pack/ship anything. You can imagine a giant pallet of figures and heavy pallets on top of those. I'm sure they get damaged all the time. Adding to that paper thin flimsy card backs with no strength and small box's at 8 figures per box makes it's worse. The way they use to be packed in the box was the better way, laying down in the box interlocked with 10-12 figures.. The figures you got could have been damaged a month before EE ever got them. I have had perfect box's on the outside with crushed cards or badly damaged stress crease cards inside when opened.

R (4).gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Most of the damage was most assuredly caused before it ever reached EE. My surprise with EE was that twice in the past I've received cases that had some outward damage (most recently some Remnant Troopers), and both times they'd obviously been opened to either inspect the figures or replace damaged ones. Both times everything arrived mint. In this recent instance, that obviously wasn't done. This is literally the first time, going back more than a decade, that I've received a sealed case from EE or elsewhere with anything more than a few minor defects.

To quote EE:
It's only at our warehouse that we inspect each and every item for its condition, because no other party along the delivery route really cares about the condition of the packaging.
Entertainment Earth, however, inspects each and every item before we ship it to you. If any defect is found, we won't ship it...

Reaction score
I picked up and IG-11 and Bespin Lando today. First new (non-WM exclusive) VC figures I've seen on the shelf in a while.

Reaction score
Three of my carbonized figures came today. Two in a box, one in a mailer. The one in the mailer has the card creased in three places, and its one of the figures I only bought one of *sigh*. I f'n hate having to preorder stuff from big box. All I want is something marginally displayable - I'm not asking for pristine.

Reaction score
Received 6 of the 9 carbonized figures I ordered from wallyworld today. They came in 2 different sized boxes, both good size with air pillows. One of the Armorer had a pinched bubble that I pushed back out into shape (likely from an employee squeezing it to hard to put in the box), and one Incinerator with a drastically curved card. I placed Ralph McQuarrie's heavy book on that one to flatten it out.)

Attachments

• IMG-9523.jpg
    IMG-9523.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-9524.jpg
    IMG-9524.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG-9525.jpg
    IMG-9525.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG-9526.jpg
    IMG-9526.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reaction score
Some good news - I found the IG-11 wave at Wal-Mart today. multiples of each. This store had restocked within the week with at least 2 cases. I was able to buy the three I was missing and cancel my Amazon orders.

It's interesting that this particular wave is hitting so nicely. I haven't seen a wave hit like this at retail since the Jawa wave back in 2019. Maybe things are turning around.

As an aside, every WM here has the space for TVC on the shelf. Top shelf or middle shelf. While I was poking around for decent cards, I knocked over the whole stack and they fell like dominoes. Not a good planogram, WM!

Reaction score
Every post I read about people easily finding the Emperor wave multiple times during the week, I die a little inside each time. Why oh why does Washington state suck so bad for TVC???

giphy.gif

Reaction score
Every post I read about people easily finding the Emperor wave multiple times during the week, I die a little inside each time. Why oh why does Washington state suck so bad for TVC???

giphy.gif
I used to feel this way and then I said I'll just order online.

Reaction score
Picked up a Merrick X-Wing at a local Target. Showed up on their website as in stock for pickup. Did the online order and 2 hours later it was ready. This Target has re-stocked the X-Wing two different times now in the past week, but I missed the first round.

Reaction score

Ugh. That's aggravating. They once sent me a case of the Luke Jedi wave in a shipping box that miraculously was totally unscathed by the normal brutality of whoever delivers it, but the figure case itself was so completely smashed it was no longer rectangular. Clearly they had packed it at the warehouse like that. Needless to say every figure in the case looked like it had been stomped on. To their credit they took care of it, but why that was sent out in the first place is beyond me. It's a waste of shipping costs for them.

Reaction score
I need the Luke Endor. Does anyone have it at cost? Walmart screwed up my order and canceled it. I was able to pick up the DSD and Tusken but no Luke. If you have it, please pm me.