Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Reaction score
Following a rather unpleasant experience with UK etailer Dark Side Toys, i've started looking for other options to pick up items they failed to provide.
First parcel landed home yesterday from Star Action Figures (in the UK as well) with a few long awaited figures such as Lando Calrissian (Solo and Skiff versions), Praetorian guard, Phasma, Chewy, Han (Solo), Enfys Nest but also Death Trooper and Imperial Tank Driver that i had preordered at Dark Side Toys summer 2018!!

Reaction score
I picked up the new Luke X-Wing today at Toys r Us. They're doing a 20% off sale right now so that's cool.

Then I went to a Winners and picked up Death Trooper, Han from Solo and Assault Tank Driver for $7.99 each. Pretty good day.

Reaction score
Got the Amazon deals today - $11.99 for the Sith Armor Trooper with all the accessories and also the $60 POE X-Wing AKA what it should have cost when it came out!

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum it I ordered the Big Disney Exclusive Jawa Sandcrawler on shopdisney.com with their cyber Monday sale for 20% off and free shipping

Reaction score
Second batch of the week. Thank to a wonderful member of that fine Rebelscum community, i scored a palace diorama as well as the full last wave of TVC including the exclusive Yavin Luke.

Big thumb up to JediMasterC. i can't thank you enough for your help sir. :cool:(y)

P1050013.JPGP1050014.JPG

Reaction score
What the? I have them pre-ordered from Pulse, and now they are available, but pre-order hasn't processed? What gives? Should I just buy them straight up and cancel my preorder?

Reaction score
What the? I have them pre-ordered from Pulse, and now they are available, but pre-order hasn't processed? What gives? Should I just buy them straight up and cancel my preorder?
They just became available today. I noticed last night, still said preorder w/ shipping eta 12/01. Best bet is look at your cc acct to see if a pending charge kicked in w/In last couple days. Pulse acct may not update as fast as a cc site or it may not update until cc charge is completed.or the next business day.. if no change by late morning. you may want to call or chat w/ pulse.

Reaction score
Second batch of the week. Thank to a wonderful member of that fine Rebelscum community, i scored a palace diorama as well as the full last wave of TVC including the exclusive Yavin Luke.

Big thumb up to JediMasterC. i can't thank you enough for your help sir. :cool:(y)

View attachment 340522View attachment 340523
So awesome - great to see fellow collectors helping each other, that's what this place is all about. Congrats on that awesome haul! Wish it wasn't so hard for our European friends (who hold Star Wars as dearly as us here in America) to get product properly and plentifully distributed. Kenner never had that problem back in the day...

Reaction score
Recent additions are the Poe X-Wing, a couple more #140 Stormtroopers and a few more Scarif Troopers.

Reaction score
So awesome - great to see fellow collectors helping each other, that's what this place is all about. Congrats on that awesome haul! Wish it wasn't so hard for our European friends (who hold Star Wars as dearly as us here in America) to get product properly and plentifully distributed. Kenner never had that problem back in the day...
Thank you. You are right about Kenner days. I live in the north of France and back in the days, there was a factory making those figures literally a few blocks away from my place.

Reaction score
Thank you. You are right about Kenner days. I live in the north of France and back in the days, there was a factory making those figures literally a few blocks away from my place.
That's amazing! I was born in 83, so unfortunately I never really got to see Star Wars on the pegs properly. The best I got was going to a local flea market called Zerns where I found the old figures turning up (no weapons of course, which sucked!) and a few still on card going for like $5, the likes of Lobot and Ackbar. I was close to getting a real 80s Ackbar in the package, but I didn't have the $5 at the time as a wee one and was out with a friend's family. Still kicking myself about that. I will say, it was like going back in time and finding treasure when I realized just how much breadth and scope the Kenner line had. It was a treat discovering all those amazing vehicles, playsets, role play toys, and even the little toy books that came with the old packaging. It helped having a friend who had an older brother that owned all the old toys that his younger brother brought out to us in the early 90s. A lot of parts were missing, but my bro and I were blown away. I can't imagine living near the factory that produced that magic!

Reaction score
I recall in late 80's going to flea markets and swameets-farmer market like places hoping to find the last few POTF/ewok/droids figs I missed at retail in -85. It wasn't until '94/95 before POTF2 came out I managed to find those few little thorns in my side. W/o internet, it was looking trough toy magazine ads. I think Brian's toys was fairly new at the time and my droids c-3po, one of the last 2 I needed may have come from them. I recall calling them inquiring about it. Cant remember for sure if I bought it from them, the cost, or just inquired about it...I've slept a few hours since then.
Several years ago, my wife attended a business meeting that was in one of the former offices of Kenner in Cincinnati. and she saw a life size replica of the vintage R2-D2 still there. She wanted to take a pic but wasn't allowed too. I recall her saying security was rather strict. A year or 2 ago, Cincy museum had the costumes of SW exhibit. That was cool as well, but they had an addition Kenner SW area- that was like SW heaven to see. Being in Cincy, they had an additional area add-on for other Kenner toys. My wife nearly cried seeing the old easy-bake-oven on display. these are just a few pics we took at the exhipit20170527_145413.jpg20170527_145840.jpg20170527_145911.jpg20170527_145632.jpg20170527_142555.jpg20170527_141310.jpg20170527_150031.jpg20170527_150207.jpg20170527_150638.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I remember going to a flea market and picked up my first carded vintage ROTJ Gammorian guard. I traded a few banged up loose figures I found in a box in a closet. Then I traded a loose Chewbacca bandolier strap for a carded Rancor Keeper. This was in 1993-1994 right before the 1995 rerelease of the Kenner Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
I was close on skipping this since I didn't wanna pay $18 for this figure and then receive a banged up figure....grabbed it during Amazon's cyber deal for a much better $11.99 Arrived mint surprisingly...no packing bubbles at all inside the box.