Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Reaction score
Also saw this on the shelf at Target. Register locked of course. Packages were beat and not super impressed otherwise. Wasnt hard to walk away from them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same here... small walmart and 2 Leias. One 150 one 164.
Interesting you were able to get both from the same shipment, unless one Leia had been hanging around before a wave reorder. Who knows what value the number 164 will have in the future - I scored a 164 and I'm hoping that it proves to be the rarer one.

Reaction score
It appeared to be 2 full cases. I'm assuming one was in one case and the other, well, the other. There were the rest o the entire wave x2.

Reaction score
VC151 Luke Skywalker (Yavin) arrived today from Walmart. Card is thoroughly bent on top. But the figure itself looks fantastic behind the bubble. So I'm just gonna "straighten" the card as best as I can and live with it.

Reaction score
Another Target had the Cave of Evil out. Turns out the stock gal is my buddies sister! She going to stash it in back until next Sunday morning.

Reaction score
Hasbro should have gone with an updated Bespin Luke since that’s the outfit he wore when he went into the cave. The other thing that should have been done is Hasbro should have gone with the ESB logo.

Another Target had the Cave of Evil out. Turns out the stock gal is my buddies sister! She going to stash it in back until next Sunday morning.

Reaction score
Hasbro should have gone with an updated Bespin Luke since that’s the outfit he wore when he went into the cave. The other thing that should have been done is Hasbro should have gone with the ESB logo.

sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly... someone at Hasbro needs a random drug test.

Last edited:
Reaction score

sorry for the double post.
yeah their reasoning for sticking w/ the generic SW logo didn't seem too logical to me- unless "The Empire Strikes Back" needed to be multi-ligual as well. This may be a simple wait-for-clearance purchase for me. I wonder if anyone tried to replace these luke arms w/ an extra pair from the OTC dagobah Luke

Reaction score
Went to two different local Dirt Cheap stores (they are part of the Hudson's discount store chain, I believe). Found (and purchased!) 1 Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise at each one. The second store also had what looked like a nearly complete case of the Retro figures, which made hunting for Vintage Collection figures through the heaps of beaten-up toys a bit nerve-wracking.

Reaction score
It's insane to me that the Cave Of Evil set is yet again register locked. What on earth is the purpose of this? If you have stock, SELL THE DAMN STOCK! Ridiculous, and doubly ridiculous that it's not even spoiling anything whatsoever from a newer movie or media.

Reaction score
VC155 Knight of Ren arrived today from Hasbro Pulse. ✌

I was "unlucky" on TFF ... that was the only figure that had "Sold Out" on HP. So I went over to EE and preordered one because they said they were "Restocking Soon!"

Here we are, the beginning of November, and EE is still "Restocking Soon!" Meanwhile, HP has had fresh supplies of the Knight of Ren for weeks and weeks. So I cancelled my EE preorder and purchased from HP.

He arrived in only a couple of days. In great condition.

Loving HP! 🥰

Reaction score
Got Yavin Luke from Walmart preorder. Sweet likeness. Also, was at the crappiest local Warmart that never has anything ever and picked up a Yavin Leia #150 and a Jawa. Jawa was a tough purchase, but I like the card. Last week got a Knight of REN and Island Rey from Dorkside on damage card discount. All caught up on the Vintage I want. May go back and grab a few of the online exclusive photo real figs, but not a necessity.

Reaction score
Found a lonely Jawa on the pegs yesterday at Walmart, so I gave it a good home. :) They had plenty of skiffs and a couple of Jabba's Palace sets as well.

Reaction score
Man, it's crazy that this thread is nearly a decade old. Time flies.

Reaction score
I found a Shadow Trooper, Rey E9, and the Jabba's Palace Adventure Set in an out-of-town Walmart, and scooped them up! I can finally cross the play set off my list. They had two Jabba's Palaces, and I bought just the one. I also left behind two Sith Jet Troopers, one Shadow Trooper, one Poe, and one Yavin Leia. But I was amazed and glad to see SW figs back at a somewhat local Wally.

Reaction score
Got the cave of evil 2 pack at Target this morning. None were on the shelves so I Used the online ordering and pickup. Glad they picked one in excellent shape. It was weird that I could not get it to come up at target.com, no matter how I searched for it. Luckily I bound a link for it.

Reaction score
^ Ha, deep cuts, but kinda does have that spiky hair thing going on and the face could be confused for Kilmer. That's him in Heat.

Yes! Haha, that expression looks totally like the Dagobah Training Luke - and Heat is amazing movie. It's almost like a noir, Christopher Nolan said it influenced him for The Dark Knight

Reaction score
Quite the haul today. Picked up a yavin luke@ walmart, atst and Luke's x wing from best buy. A ton of other stuff came in the mail. My bs speeder, Ig11,and skywalker strikes, as well as my red y wing. Tjanks to those who helped.

Reaction score
Yes! Haha, that expression looks totally like the Dagobah Training Luke - and Heat is amazing movie. It's almost like a noir, Christopher Nolan said it influenced him for The Dark Knight
Yeah, I think a lot of movies have tried to emulate it ever since. Affleck's The Town is another film that was clearly influenced A LOT by Heat. The cool (color temperature) and moody blue style and look have also been copied a ton after Heat came out. It's a true masterpiece!

Reaction score
Managed to snag the armoury pack with trooper along with boba feet and Boushh off of amazon last night. Also hesitantly ordered Cave of evil and Black series IG-11 at 25% off

Reaction score
I just bought a Shae Vizla on eBay. I'm scrambling to get my last few TVCs before the book comes out...

Reaction score
Got my sith trooper from amazon. Package was too nice so now I have to buy an opener lol. Also picked up a rogue one stormtrooper to go with my two remnants

Reaction score
Played the Amazon lottery game and ordered a VC RO Imperial Assault Tank Commander. Even though I lucked out by having him shipped in a box, he still arrived today with a crushed card (no padding/packing materials). Trying to flatten it out with some weight/pressure applied to it.

Definately will just assume any carded figure will come damaged going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got Yavin Luke at Wal-Mart today, and found a lone Shadow Trooper at Best Buy, the only figure from that wave that I've found at retail so far. Got it on sale for $10.99.

Reaction score
I bought the AT-ST with Klatooinian at Best Buy. Hey, I needed an old-school auxiliary cable, so I just pulled in to get one, and ended up buying an $80 toy.