Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Reaction score
Same here, her and the Jet Trooper, completing the wave for me, only took amazon 20 days to get them here! Luckily they were boxed, so they were not smashed like my Knight - still cant believe how bad his condition was from a bubble envelope. I sent the photo to customer care, asking them to use boxes on fragile collectibles - these weak (cheap) TVC cardbacks clearly cant take the abuse.

Reaction score
snagged a few older vintage collection figs off amazon for good prices. Ratts Tyerell, mawhonic and Death star commander. All of which came unpunched. However the ratts bubble and card back were basically destroyed during shipping process. I can't say I want to bother returning it and getting a new one, but how do you guys generally resolve these issues with amazon? Do you leave feedback for the purchase or contact customer service?

bac

Reaction score
A general rule of thumb to live by: never buy a carded figure from Amazon -- first or third party -- unless you plan on opening it.

Reaction score
who gives a **** if the card was bent up. you have the action figure toys anyway.
What are you? A seasonal worker at an Amazon f.c. And don't give a 💩 because long hours, no time to spend w/ family, whatever? ? Crappy shipping practices reflect back on the shipper/company regardless if the actual figure/ item is fine. It's all about how the item looks. It the item looks trashed then the company tbat shipped it looks like thrash too

Last edited:
Reaction score
YOU HAVE THE ACTION FIGURE. WHO GIVES A **** IF THE CARD IS BENT UP? BE HAPPY THAT YOU EVEN HAVE THE STUPID ACTION FIGURE DOLL TOY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

GIVE THE DAMN TOY TO ME THEN FOR CRIPES SAKE

Reaction score
^ still missing the point ( unless you're being a **** on purpose) so I suppose if you go to a restaurant, order an entree, it'd be ok w/ you if the server comes along and says, " um, we are out of plates so here's your full meal including dessert, in a single plastic baggie, enjoy" and dumps it in your lap

or more simply Starbucks gives you your mocha latte grande w/ whip cream to go, served in a zip lock sandwich baggie since the packaging for you is not important as long as you got the product you ordered, your latte.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found a lone Jawa at my local Target tonight. Went for baby shoes. The Jawa was all the way in the back of the peg. I was absolutely shocked to find him. Card in great condition. First time I’ve purchased a figure retail that I didn’t expect to find in years! God it felt good. Having them is one thing; finding them unexpected in the wild is a part of this I had long forgotten.

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of people are finding stuff at retail now and having success on toy runs! That's kind of refreshing to hear. I feel like the boards have been pretty active this past year, which is kind of exciting and makes me happy for this community. I get a lot of enjoyment talking to everybody on here about SW toys so it's nice to see the line reviving somewhat.

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of people are finding stuff at retail now and having success on toy runs! That's kind of refreshing to hear. I feel like the boards have been pretty active this past year, which is kind of exciting and makes me happy for this community. I get a lot of enjoyment talking to everybody on here about SW toys so it's nice to see the line reviving somewhat.
Likewise! I had a successful toy run on Triple Force Friday (and Saturday). My friends aren't into Star Wars like I am, so its nice to come here and talk with many others about the same hobby.

Reaction score
It's the best part of the improving distribution: actually finding what you want at retail. I loathe buying online. I want to see the toy I'm buying first, especially when it comes to action figures. I only bought online previously because the waves never made it to retail. The only way I got a TLJ Luke Skywalker Force Hologram was buying from Pulse. Never saw them in the wild once. Since then, I've found everything I wanted at retail outside of the Skiff, but I'm pretty sure they were sold out and did indeed arrive. There is nothing better than finding the actual toys at retail and comparing them for the best paint apps.

Reaction score
Finally found a lone Knight of Ren figure hanging on the pegs at my local Walmart. Kind of weird that it was there all by itself with no other figures.

Reaction score
Finally found a lone Knight of Ren figure hanging on the pegs at my local Walmart. Kind of weird that it was there all by itself with no other figures.
My guess would be that someone stashed it somewhere else in the store, and the employees returned it to the peg.

Reaction score
Using the 25% off coupon, I picked up the AT-ST Raider today. $60 is still high, but it's much better than $80.

Reaction score
P'd/u at -st @ BB. Somewhat a late bday gift for myself. Used bday discount, I'll save 25% for x-wing or maybe "duckboat"

Reaction score
I got a 10% birthday code as well as the 25% off one toy. They would not let me stack them though. As part of the rewards program you get a 10% off for your birthday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found the latest wave at Walmart this late morning. Picked up the Shadow Trooper and Jawa.
Nice! This is the first I'm hearing officially of this wave being found at a Wal-Mart. I've checked a few and seemed to strike out every time. Only thing left was the first ROS wave and Landos.

Reaction score
Nice! This is the first I'm hearing officially of this wave being found at a Wal-Mart. I've checked a few and seemed to strike out every time. Only thing left was the first ROS wave and Landos.
they did have the Yavin Ceremony Leia as well. Head sculpt on her looks pretty nice.

Reaction score
Picked up The Raider from Best Buy, (and IG-11)...as well as used some ebucks to pick up a Shadow Trooper for cheap.

Reaction score
Where did you find the 25% off coupon?
If you sign into (or sign up for) a My Best Buy rewards club account, there's a 25% coupon off a toy purchase on the my account page. You can choose to have it apply either in store or when you make an online purchase. I think it's good until mid-November.

Reaction score
Just got my shipment notification from Wal-Mart that my Yavin Luke is FINALLY on its way. Of course I ordered it a month ago....thanks Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
Mine arrived today, luckily undamaged since it barely fitted in that box. Still waiting on the 6" carbonized Jet Trooper, and I ordered that one a few days before this one.

bac

Reaction score
Mine arrived today, luckily undamaged since it barely fitted in that box. Still waiting on the 6" carbonized Jet Trooper, and I ordered that one a few days before this one
You were fortunate! I have two on the way from Walmart and only need one to be undamaged. I'll feel like I'm scratching off a lottery ticket when opening the box.

Reaction score
Finally got my hands on both the Yavin Leia and Shadow Trooper. Got them both at my local Wal-Mart. It's funny because it's a smaller Wal-Mart with a really tiny toy section, but they've had pretty much everything over there, figure-wise. Was really happy to find 2 Leia's to get the best face apps. Her eyes are too dark on every figure, but her face print was definitely better on the second one I chose. Again - the beauty of the hunt and finding variety at RETAIL!