Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Reaction score
Didn't see it mentioned but HTS has the first 11 ESB wave for preorder now. Forgot to mention to be sure to use code SW2010 when ordering. I got all 11 shipped for $98

Reaction score
sorry i didnt say i come from uk also got today snowspeeder and dax see pics below still got to make showspeeder up

hope this stop doubters we in uk have the first wave of figs and vehicles we dont yet have at-at

Reaction score
GAH! I can't wait 'til these hit stores here in the US! I wish we would see them in July but seeing that sticker of Aug. 6th may not make it a reality. Oh well, saving this thread to my favs for the latest updates!

Reaction score
chewie1 said:
sorry i didnt say i come from uk also got today snowspeeder and dax see pics below still got to make showspeeder up

hope this stop doubters we in uk have the first wave of figs and vehicles we dont yet have at-at
How similar/dis-similar is snowspeeder to the ones we have?

Reaction score
chewie1, I would like to take your post and use it as an example for anyone who follows you on what not to do with images and words that describe in-hand retail samples of toys this community of mostly U.S. collectors are dying to see and read while we wait so patiently/impatiently (which ever fits).

Reaction score
Wow! The speeder looks better than I thought it would (and I was ALREADY excited about it)!

Reaction score
Me find toy. Vintage wave UK TRU, c 3po bad. Me like Star Wars. That is all for now, picture for you bye.

Reaction score
How similar/dis-similar is snowspeeder to the ones we have?

[/QUOTE]im not sure as this is my first snowspeeder i will take some more pics and put them up tommorow if that helps

Reaction score
In regards to carded collectors and clamshells from the VOTC line..simply they dont fit the new TVC line figures due to the shape of the blister/bubble packaging.
I bought Dengar and 4-LOM today had a couple of spare clamshells at home for them gutted they dont fit.

It's simple things like this that spoils the look of a collection. I had hoped to keep all my vintage style figures in top shape in matching clamshells...Grrr

Reaction score
Got Greedo, IG-88 and Zuckuss.

Already had the VTSC Greedo, just wanted another for dioramas.

I bought the saga legends versions of the other figures because I wanted the secret weapons, which these versions come with.

Reaction score
Please see below pics of new snowspeeder excellent item well made
Firing guns also comes with non firing guns
Removable engine and cover
Back parts lift up
retractable landing gear
bottom opens up to store small gun and hapoon rope
inside [censored] pit

Reaction score
I love how they fixed the seats so that the figures pilot will sit up more and his legs will now fit under the controls as opposed to being in a craft-matic adjustable bed like before. Also, the gunner is now scooted up a little bit so it won't be like he's riding in the trunk.

REALLY looking forward to this one!

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Chewie1! I would be interested in seeing a shot of the figures in the pilots seats with the canopy up if you could manage. Also, if you happen to have the original Snowspeeder, I'm sure all of us would be interested in seeing a size comparison shot between the old and new.

Reaction score
sadly i dont have origianl any more but here are two pics of figs in cockpit

Reaction score
Hey, you don't happen to have a Vintage, POTF2 or any other subsequent Snowspeeder do you? I'd be interested to see how they compare in size.

Reaction score
Spassvogel said:
Hey, you don't happen to have a Vintage, POTF2 or any other subsequent Snowspeeder do you? I'd be interested to see how they compare in size.
he already said he didnt have one

Looks like the figures are still laying down in their recliners but the gunners cockpit is more detailed, thats cool, I also like how they have a clear canopy and painted details instead of the old "glass" insert that falls out all the time

Reaction score
Thx for the pics!!!

Love the controls for both troops, but I'm bummed that Luke's preposed wrists means he can't hold onto them.

Reaction score
Thank you for taking that pic! I'm really liking the control handles for the back gunner. I'm happy that Hasbro has been adding that kind of detail into their more recent vehicles and upgrades.

*edit* Also, could you tell us how long the gunner harpoon string is? I'm curious if it's reasonably long enough to wrap around the AT-AT's legs.

Reaction score
Much to my surprise, I just got a shipping notice for Wave 1 from EE.

Odd since they still have them listed as pre-orders on the site.

Reaction score
Also, could you tell us how long the gunner harpoon string is? I'm curious if it's reasonably long enough to wrap around the AT-AT's legs. the string is 5o centimeters long or 20 inches

Reaction score
NEW FIGS IN STOCK AT TOYSRUS.COM
HERE

GODD NEWS: All Vintage and Clone Wars figs in stock
BAD NEWS: Vintage are 9.99

EDIT:
Aaaaaaand... it looks like they've been pulled off the search page already.

Reaction score
Chewie, thanks very much for the photos of the new snowspeeder showing the two guys inside. I had been hoping to buy one today but the TRU I went to did not have it yet.

This new one is not perfect but it is an improvement over the old one and is a little more accurate. I guess they can't make it any smaller as the figures are just not flexible enough to fit in otherwise!

Looking forward to buying this.

Reaction score
Got the Vintage collection and surprise; Threepio is great! He's packaged with his chest tilted down, but has been designed, acurately, to have an arched back - so positioned correctly he looks fine. Very Impressed

Reaction score
he looks tons better, does his head tilt up and down?
the only thing that looks wonky now is that circle on his chest, it doesnt look "right", but with your new pics, he looks tons better then before.

Reaction score
chewie1,

It might be worth your while to post all those pics you took in the Snowspeeder topic as well. I've been looking for open Snowspeeder pics for days now only to find them here instead. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Edit: I just went ahead and did it for you.

Reaction score
MightyMegs said:
HERE

EDIT:
They're up again, but WTF on the price? That's got to be an error, no way these will be $10 at TRU. Maybe the idiots in charge of the website thought this was another round of the overpriced VOTC types because of the new line title.

Reaction score
nagauthier said:
MightyMegs said:
HERE

EDIT:
They're up again, but WTF on the price? That's got to be an error, no way these will be $10 at TRU. Maybe the idiots in charge of the website thought this was another round of the overpriced VOTC types because of the new line title.
I would LOVE to pay $10 each for them