Recent Acquisitions - The Force Awakens (2015)

GNT

Reaction score
Since some toys are finding their way to toy shelves, it's time to start this thread. If you've purchased any new Force Awakens toys please let us know what you bought and where you got it from to help out other forum users :)

Reaction score
I found the Basic line and Armor Up figures at Walmart is Dallas. Didn't last too long as the display shipper was pulled soon after I got mine

GNT

Reaction score
Todays the day, found the 12" line, armor up line and the figures with mini rig vehicles eg assault walker and the black Stormtrooper and speeder

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why are the armor-up packaging so big? Does it include something else?
Cause from the pic you can see that it looks like it could house 2 figures.

Is this the trick Hasbro came up to trick people into paying more for a different accessory?

I got to look for YT reviews. I never cared about packaging being reviewed but i really want to see what's up with those big boxes for a figure that could just be places in the standard blister packs.

Reaction score
Why are the armor-up packaging so big? Does it include something else?
Cause from the pic you can see that it looks like it could house 2 figures.

Is this the trick Hasbro came up to trick people into paying more for a different accessory

Probably...........:sneaky:

Reaction score
Any chance you guys can hook us up with detailed opened shots of these figures. Some of these haven't been shown very clearly yet. For example, I haven't been able to find clear hi res photos of Chewie yet.

Reaction score
Any chance you guys can hook us up with detailed opened shots of these figures. Some of these haven't been shown very clearly yet. For example, I haven't been able to find clear hi res photos of Chewie yet.
This. C'mon GNT-- get on it! :)

GNT

Reaction score
I can take a picture later in the day, for the moment I'm leaving them carded/boxed till I decided on which ones I'll keep or return.

Reaction score
Well, I went to Kmart(shocking they are still open, I know) after work this evening and to my shock I found the 6 inch Black Series Wakens figures. They had the whole wave. Here's the kicker. I took Kylo and the Stormtrooper up to the register. Bam, locked in the system. So, if you got the figures early bare in mind that there are some folks who have to wait. I hate the freaking stores in my area sometimes. There is some much paranoia over the street dates at least where I live.

Reaction score
I can take a picture later in the day, for the moment I'm leaving them carded/boxed till I decided on which ones I'll keep or return.
But you can't return any, you still have to photograph them for the archive. ;)

Reaction score
Well, I went to Kmart(shocking they are still open, I know) after work this evening and to my shock I found the 6 inch Black Series Wakens figures. They had the whole wave. Here's the kicker. I took Kylo and the Stormtrooper up to the register. Bam, locked in the system. So, if you got the figures early bare in mind that there are some folks who have to wait. I hate the freaking stores in my area sometimes. There is some much paranoia over the street dates at least where I live.
Hate corporate not the store, its their system that locks it out, and the stores ignorance or choice to put them out early. But yes sucks that they won't hold it or ring it up as something else, but the same price.

Reaction score
Old trick on this is:
Find old lady or young kid that looks bored, go through their line, when it does not ring up say "oh they are X.XX each", offer to go grab a sticker from the shelf. Most will take your word especially with the offer to back up the price. Others will do with just the label off the shelf. I actually got some other street dated toys this way in the past, usually works as long as it is not an observant employee. Most will just enter it under toys or action figure generic code and enter price :).

Reaction score
I'm leaving them carded/boxed till I decided on which ones I'll keep or return.
But....but........why? Why did you even buy them if you intend to return some? Incomprehensible, sorry.

Reaction score
The General Discussion thread has gone off the rails again so I am going to ask here: Do the single pack figures have figure numbers on the packaging, like we've been getting since 2002?

Reaction score
Well, it was cool to see the 6 inch Rylo in person. He is a definite buy. Even though its the same figure from the SDCC exclusive I still might get the 6 inch Stormtrooper. I am sure these will be all over the place.

GNT

Reaction score
The General Discussion thread has gone off the rails again so I am going to ask here: Do the single pack figures have figure numbers on the packaging, like we've been getting since 2002?
No numbers on the cards this time around.

Reaction score
Interesting. Okay! I believe these will be the first single pack retail releases without a number since the Tarto Clone Wars line, and the first in the regular lineup since POTJ, 13 years ago.

Reaction score
Got these a couple of days ago .../QUOTE]

Did the store you got them from give you a hard time buying them?
No .. I actually went through the stuff freely as those toys were waiting for someone to put them on the shelves. However, today I just checked them again and everything was pulled down as they are not allowed to seel them until 4 September.

Reaction score
Those cards are so nice! And yet what is on them is so not nice.
What are you saying that...white...grey...and....green...thingy-weapon-majig isn't nice? Just exactly WTF is packed in with Luke. Vader's I can understand but this...I suppsoe once the pieces come together...

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this thread blow up in a week, doesn't seem like hardly anyone is able to purchase early.

Reaction score
What are you saying that...white...grey...and....green...thingy-weapon-majig isn't nice? Just exactly WTF is packed in with Luke. Vader's I can understand but this...I suppsoe once the pieces come together...
Luke comes with old school jack stands...

Reaction score
I'll be decapitating the Luke figure. If anyone wants the Jedi Jack stands let me know. I hear they work great on the Landspeeder.