Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars Edition

Sol said:
LandoGriffin said:
Sol said:
jedi_shadow said:
I won't recommend this. It's called fraud by deception.
What do the Transformers have to do with this?
It was a play on the word "deception"... sorry if it was too complex.
I wouldn't catagorize it as "too complex" by any means. I got it but it would've made a whole lot more sense had he actually misspelled deception as decepticon but he didn't hence it not really working.

Reaction score

Here are two links to the HAPPY MEAL TOYS, looks like they will be in the same SUPER-D Style!!! Its the head of the Character popping out of there corresponding ship. PRETTY COOL!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-CLONE-STAR-WARS-Happy-Meals-13-ASAJJ-VENTRESS_W0QQitemZ300240834747QQihZ020QQcategoryZ751QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-CLONE-STAR-WARS-Happy-Meals-14-BOBA-FETT_W0QQitemZ300240833691QQihZ020QQcategoryZ751QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CANT WAIT!!!

Reaction score

Nice find! That may be one of the strangest Fett collectibles I've ever seen.

Sol

Reaction score

LandoGriffin said:
I wouldn't catagorize it as "too complex" by any means. I got it but it would've made a whole lot more sense had he actually misspelled deception as decepticon but he didn't hence it not really working.
You're not really working!

Reaction score

Another interesting occurance.
Stopped in Walmart today and found some Clone Wars figures on the pegs.
They had the Obi-Wan and Grievous (w/the first day of issue sticker).
Don't really have much interest in them, but decided to pick up Grievous for my wife and the Ben for my nephew.
Went up to the self-check to ring out, and they came up as an "unauthorized item" and would not ring up. The WM chick saw this and offered to take one up and scan it at her station, I told her they should be $6.63, hoping she would ring them manually.
After ringing both figures, she came back and told me their was a recall on them and she legally could not sell them to me (I read on another board this happened to another scummer as well).
Must be WM's way of not selling them before the street date.
She appologized, blamed the Chinese paint and took them away to customer service as she taped register tickets to them.
That sucks, thought I had a pretty cool find.
I should have grabbed a TAC figure and rang it up three times, oh well, I tried.
That's probably what the guy did who bought the rest of the case.

Reaction score

I went to my walmart today and was shocked to see a Clone Wars Lunchable, the only one!!! It includes a Jedi Flip-N-Fold, Collect all 4. Ill post pics if anybody wants them!!

Reaction score

Sol said:
LandoGriffin said:
You're not really working!
At the time I posted that I wasn't
I'm not trying to bust your [censored] Sol, was just sayin' is all

Reaction score

iLUVSW said:
I went to my walmart today and was shocked to see a Clone Wars Lunchable, the only one!!! It includes a Jedi Flip-N-Fold, Collect all 4. Ill post pics if anybody wants them!!
good thing they let you buy this before the 26th!

Reaction score

I sure hope it was in the refrigerated section....

Reaction score

BrettX209 said:
iLUVSW said:
good thing they let you buy this before the 26th!
He he... "This food cannot be eaten until the 26th! The Flip'n'Fold Must Remain Secret!"

Reaction score

Heres a pic of all the 18 McDonalds Toys

Reaction score

Those are the dumbest looking Happy Meal toys ever. Big severed heads on top of ships. Did McD execs kill Grimace, cut his body up & smoke the remains?

Reaction score

macross7 said:
Those are the dumbest looking Happy Meal toys ever.
I guess you never saw the Taco Bell "InvisaPals" toys... it was essentially a clear plastic silhouette of an animal... I remember getting a Donkey one... a friggin donkey... it was a dumb idea and they took it to the next level with the choice of animals...

These are sadly better then invisapals, but not by much.

Reaction score

They should've stayed at BK.

Reaction score

I just got back from 2 local wal-marts. At stop #1 I found the V-19 Torrent and the Spider droid, got to the register and they wouldn't sell it to me. At stop #2 I found a pallet with the AT-TE and another with the new Falcon. Since I didn't have the money for the falcon at the time I went for the AT-TE. This time I didnt even make it to the register before an employee came up to me and said that I wasnt allowed to buy it yet.
Oh well.

Reaction score

Thanks to a tip from a fellow Scummer I scored an AT-TE today at a local Wally. They were on a modular aisle display along with the CW Blasters. It rang up as do not sell. Once 2 managers got involved and after they checked the recall list, they sold it to me using a toy department price override. Price was $99.96.

Reaction score

These BK toys remind me of the Star Wars racing Video Game: "Super bombad racing".

Reaction score

for those who might read this and live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The local Toys r us has put out at least 3 cases worth of the new Clone Wars figures, a case of Legacy and a case of the evolutions on the shelf and pegs. I found them today.

Reaction score

Commando_Danny said:
These BK toys remind me of the Star Wars racing Video Game: "Super bombad racing".
These will be at McDonald's, not BK like in the past.

Reaction score

I was at my local Meijer store tonight and I found the Clone Wars Galactic Heroes just hanging on the shelf. I wasn't aware that there were going to be Clone Wars Galactic Heroes, and I cannot find them online anywhere, not even any mention of them; but theyre the clone wars packaging. It's weird... Anyone else have these?

Reaction score

bamajedi said:
for those who might read this and live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The local Toys r us has put out at least 3 cases worth of the new Clone Wars figures, a case of Legacy and a case of the evolutions on the shelf and pegs. I found them today.
Just out of curiosty, how much were they a piece at TRU?

Thanks.

Reaction score

figuresniper32 said:
I was at my local Meijer store tonight and I found the Clone Wars Galactic Heroes just hanging on the shelf. I wasn't aware that there were going to be Clone Wars Galactic Heroes, and I cannot find them online anywhere, not even any mention of them; but theyre the clone wars packaging. It's weird... Anyone else have these?
which figures were these in the clones wars packaging??
was it these as featured in a news story
GH on Main Page

Reaction score

i work in the toy department at my local wm, and we're covered up in sw figures (in the backroom). we got several cases of cw, saga legends, and legacy collection. also we got 2 big clone wars island displays. one is completely figures, and the other is vehicles and helmets. i've had several of the figures in my hands, but i can't buy them yet. they look awesome though!

Reaction score

My haul today with a little help from another local scummer:

Thansk MAF!

Reaction score

meat1980 said:

Thansk MAF!
Score!!! The other scummer didn't hide all that did they?

Reaction score

I went out of town this past Friday and found Clone Wars figures on the pegs in WM. Of course I knew they would not scan, but the cool cashier did over ride the price for me! I only picked up General Grievous, Captain Rex, and a Clone Trooper. I would of gotten the other 5 new figures out of 8 in wave 1, but I figured that these three were good enough to have right now.

Reaction score

Got denied several clone war purchases at various Walmarts this weekend... oh well, I'll be buying them on the 26th I guess.

Reaction score

I'm curious why do stores have the new stuff out so early if its not supposed to be avalible till the 26 of the month?

Reaction score

The_Truth said:
meat1980 said:

Thansk MAF!
Score!!! The other scummer didn't hide all that did they?
Lol, no they werent hidden. We worked together to have items pulled from the back. We each asked seperately for certain items so that way it didnt seem like one person was asking for the employee to go back there a bunch of times. We were just lucky to find the right person to get the stuff for us. Plus she was really cute!

Reaction score

Picked up a complete set of the animated line at Target over lunch. After purchasing the set, I noticed they took all of the remaining animated figures off the pegs.

Reaction score

Jedi_Trooper said:
I'm curious why do stores have the new stuff out so early if its not supposed to be avalible till the 26 of the month?
I think this post is best for the numerous other topics about street date violations...

Reaction score

Not an acquisition, but I saw some Clone Wars figures at Shopko today at lunch. I'm not buying any of these figures because I don't like the animated style (except for maybe the battle droid since it looks close to the non-animated style), but even if they had been the Legacy Collection I wouldn't have bought them since they were $9.99.

Sol

Reaction score

Count me as one of the fortunate ones to acquire some stuff before MM.

I walked into Wal-Mart earlier today just to look for a few office supplies and decided to head to the toy section, as I normally do. I felt the dreadful feeling of seeing the same peg warmers still in place. I stood back to survey the scene, when I happen to notice some battle packs lying under the pegs. I took a look to see if there’s anything interesting when, out the corner of my eye, I see a very white item that stuck out like a sore thumb. I turned my head and lo and behold it was CW Captain Rex!! I was amazed and quickly grabbed it. Before I walked out I said wait, did I just see another one?? Yes indeed! 2 Rexes!!!

I went about my regular business and got the other items I needed. Now, I’ve heard the horror stories of the infamous “sell not available” and how folks have been denied their purchase. But I said what the hell, why not, if I don’t get them, I don’t get them. Whatev, no big whoop. So, instead of being denied all the way at the main cash registers, I pull a fast one and decide to hit the cash register at the jewelry display. This very nice cashier rang up my purchases when it happened. “SELL NOT AVAILABLE”. Lucky for me I also grabbed Zev, just in case this very thing happened, the cashier would be able to ring up Zev at the same price. No dice. She didn’t go for it. I was told that it’s a different UPC and that it wouldn’t ring up. I explained to her that they were in fact similar: they’re all SW action figures and they should ring up the same price. She said that she wasn’t sure because of the different UPCs. My main goal now was to convince her that they were the same price. I offered to go back to the toy aisle (not too far from the jewelry display – see, I was thinking) and grab 4 different figures with 4 different UPCs. I hoped that she would scan them and see that they would all ring up at the same price. She said OK, so I came back with a Legends Biker Scout, a Legends Sandtrooper, a Legends Imperial Officer… and because I ran out of options, I grabbed a TSC Jerjerrod )yeah, my warmers are ridiculous). I went back to the cashier; she looked at what I had… and rang up Jerjerrod twice!! BAM, just like that, 2 Rexes!! Best part? I got both the regular Rex and the Rex with the 1st Day of Issue sticker!! I graciously thanked her and even put the other figures back in the SW section, and I’ll return the Zev later this week.

The funny part is, I don’t even want these Rexes. It was just the thrill of the hunt and being able to use my people skills in order to get these figures. And to think, all that garbage I was talking about neither getting nor wanting anything CW related… guess I can say that I’m full of it… go ahead, you can say it to… but at least I’m done with CW Wave 1.

Reaction score

Found all of wave 1 at Target yesterday. Can't say I wasn't tempted to buy them, but I did pass on them.