Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars

Reaction score
Not that I want to steer you in either direction. But if it were me, i'd probably just wait it out for the inevitable Sabine repack w/new accessories. We know it's coming. lol
Well, if the show lasts long enough for 2 more seasons. But I have to believe that it's easy to just reuse Vizsla's Darksaber, instead of sculpting a new one. I honestly don't know why it wasn't done this time, unless they just didn't know soon enough. If the line lasts long enough, surely we'll see Season 4/5 Sabine w/wild hair packed with a Sword and jet pack. And Ezra's head. lol

I just don't like seeing someone pay $50 ore more for a tiny sword. Though I also know what it feels like to have an incomplete figure. My TAC Revan has a missing head, because that's the cheapest way i could get him. lol And I thought I'd just find an approximate replacement. But ten years later, still no....

Edit:
I did see this. Just not sure if it's exact replica of the Darksaber, or some other weapon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not that I want to steer you in either direction. But if it were me, i'd probably just wait it out for the inevitable Sabine repack w/new accessories. We know it's coming. lol
Well, if the show lasts long enough for 2 more seasons. But I have to believe that it's easy to just reuse Vizsla's Darksaber, instead of sculpting a new one. I honestly don't know why it wasn't done this time, unless they just didn't know soon enough. If the line lasts long enough, surely we'll see Season 4/5 Sabine w/wild hair packed with a Sword and jet pack. And Ezra's head. lol

I just don't like seeing someone pay $50 ore more for a tiny sword. Though I also know what it feels like to have an incomplete figure. My TAC Revan has a missing head, because that's the cheapest way i could get him. lol And I thought I'd just find an approximate replacement. But ten years later, still no....

Edit:
I did see this. Just not sure if it's exact replica of the Darksaber, or some other weapon.
That one actually looks pretty close, but I found the one I Pm'd you on eBay, so I went with that one, and I'll paint it up in my spare time.

As for Revan, well, I've discussed potentially finding one, so we'll see how that goes in the future. I'm surprised though none of these casting sites have had a Revan head cast, especially since the 3 3/4" version supposedly had an inaccurate head sculpt.

Reaction score
As for Revan, well, I've discussed potentially finding one, so we'll see how that goes in the future. I'm surprised though none of these casting sites have had a Revan head cast, especially since the 3 3/4" version supposedly had an inaccurate head sculpt.
I keep hoping that happens. Maybe now the 6" version has been made somebody may be able to cast it and shrink it to scale?

Reaction score
I ran across a couple in the past, but they were like $6-8. It may seem small potatoes to some, considering the price of the whole complete figure. But I have my limits about how much I pay for only parts of figures. :grin:

There's a few things I wish someone would cast in the smaller line.

Reaction score
More clone wars stuff arrived this week swamp speeder boxed and a loose freeco speeder and attack shuttle with a few figures,which actually cost less than the swamp speeder.Probably got about 4 or 5 vehicles left to hunt down as this line went on for a while.

Reaction score
Enjoying My Clone Wars Collection so much!
Ive got thousands invested in the orig trilogy 70's 80's stuff, but I find myself so much more entertained by TCW toys. Amazing poa count!! And I'm not skeered to handle them. Fun for drawing from too!
currently, I'm army building my separatists and other baddies, as my Jedis and Clones are too numerous and have an unfair advantage! Lol.
A few ?'s tho. What figure stands are most preferred by y'all, where to get.
Also, some figures are waaaay more articulated than others. Is anyone custom building and what methods are used for disassembly?
I was thinking very hot water submersion might soften figure enough to take apart most joints?
ive done lots of bulk orders, and have doubles, and many incomplete figures to work with. So far, my only custom is using my favorite "Angry & angular" kenobi head on a resized neckball Windu body. I love the poa count on that one. I'd love to get the high poa count waist/legs on Cad Bane, and build a proper legged Maul.

Reaction score
More clone wars stuff arrived this week swamp speeder boxed and a loose freeco speeder and attack shuttle with a few figures,which actually cost less than the swamp speeder.Probably got about 4 or 5 vehicles left to hunt down as this line went on for a while.
i got the swamp speeder in a bulk lot. I was surprised to see some on eBay listed for what they were asking! It's kind of a goofy vehicle imho:)

Reaction score
Yeah, the Swamp Speeder wasn't really a TCW vehicle. It never appeared in the series as far as I know. I think that it was just a repack from a ROTS toy. So I didn't buy it. I felt the same way about the Droid Gunship toy, it was in ROTS, but not in TCW. Later after the toy had aged out on the shelves and wasn't available much more, the Droid Gunship appeared in the Oederon ARC and then I had to track it down and get one. :D

Reaction score
That is a good figure to have. Its a shame that I'm beginning to forget all of the Clone trooper names that I once knew by heart.

I remember when this figure came out, it was part of the "ARC Troopers" battle pack. That was one of the best BPs ever. I wish I had bought every one of them that I saw (all three). Unknown to us at the time, this was one of the last great efforts to hit the pegs before the great decline. I thought for sure that we would get up getting endless repaints of this and phase II clone figures for years to come. We had dozens of phase I clone repaints and named clones. I was certain that we would get a ARC Trooper Fives and Echo in this sculpt. Nope.

There were two of this figure in the ARC Troopers BP, and single carded "Commander Colt" figure, and finally a yellow one (ARC Trooper Blitz?) that was included in a 3 figure Kamino Battle Pack.

Reaction score
There were two of this figure in the ARC Troopers BP, and single carded "Commander Colt" figure, and finally a yellow one (ARC Trooper Blitz?) that was included in a 3 figure Kamino Battle Pack.
These are all, in my opinion, the best figures to come out of the CW lines. I have repeatedly said that when I do some day eventually start to ween down my collection, these figures will not go anywhere.

Reaction score
Okay, it has not only been raining far more than normal by me, but I have made a surprising number of adoptions as well, including.....a third Republic Attack Gunship! It's the Crumb Bomber! Oh, okay, I also bought a sleeveless shirt........ The saddest part is that it's a child's size 7....and it fits me. Good grief am I the runt of the batch or what?

The (nearly complete) Crumb Bomber-

I seem to be a clone magnet, no complaints about that-

Antique store adoptions; Echo, Denal, and a peculiar Rex who's armor is factory weather..... I'm guessing this is a different release from the normal version:confused:

These three came from a thrift store, the plain armor trooper was actually wedged into the cockpit of the Crumb Bomber oddly enough.

Reaction score
Nice haul - I've never thought to look at an antique store. I've tried a thrift shop years ago, but didn't have much luck. I may have to explore what other options are around locally.

Reaction score
Nice haul - I've never thought to look at an antique store. I've tried a thrift shop years ago, but didn't have much luck. I may have to explore what other options are around locally.
You won't believe what I've found at so-called 'antique' stores, most by me sell comics and old actual antiques side-by-side. A key to my success finding things is checking frequently. I often hit two thrift stores twice a week, that contributes to my high rate of 'finds'.

Reaction score
Antique store adoptions; Echo, Denal, and a peculiar Rex who's armor is factory weather..... I'm guessing this is a different release from the normal version:confused:
That Rex was one of the original 2008 figures that came on a blue/white card. Those early ones had the dirty wash on them, same with the plain clones. Hasbro gave up on that after one year. After that, I think that only the OBI Wan (with Clone like Helmet) continued to get the 'wash'. There was a 'mail away' Rex available at that time. He came on a special card that could fold out to a small diorama. He was also notable for lacking of the wash and was considered the 'clean' Rex.

I think that later Rexs did not have the wash, but at the same time, did not have as bright of a blue as 'clean' Rex did. Still, personally, I think that they Rex that you have is my favorite of that sculpt.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Rex was one of the original 2008 figures that came on a blue/white card. Those early ones had the dirty wash on them, same with the plain clones. Hasbro gave up on that after one year. After that, I think that only the OBI Wan (with Clone like Helmet) continued to get the 'wash'. There was a 'mail away' Rex available at that time. He came on a special card that could fold out to a small diorama. He was also notable for lacking of the wash and was considered the 'clean' Rex.

I think that later Rexs did not have the wash, but at the same time, did not have as bright of a blue as 'clean' Rex did. Still, personally, I think that they Rex that you have is my favorite of that sculpt.

Interesting, comparing the Rex I just got to the one I have, there is a clear difference in the blue. Huh, I had no idea that the earliest releases had the weathering, as I have a few troopers with the same thing. I learned something, that's for sure.

You wouldn't happen to know if there is a reliable place to get the few pieces the Gunship is missing? I know for a fact HTS won't have them.

Reaction score
I will add one thing about Rex. If you have the Rex from the "Ambush" WalMart two pack, he has the blue blood on his left hand from when he put the Handprint on Echo's armor. You can also notice that the blue paint stripes along his arms/legs is more 'distressed' with this figure while later versions has smooth neat stripes.

and

Last edited:
Reaction score
You won't believe what I've found at so-called 'antique' stores, most by me sell comics and old actual antiques side-by-side. A key to my success finding things is checking frequently. I often hit two thrift stores twice a week, that contributes to my high rate of 'finds'.
I went to a massive flea market today and actually found an army of clones! Unfortunately, I already had them. I have most of the clones that have been released, but I am still trying to track down Warthog with the Y-wing scout. They were hard to pass on, considering the guy selling them was only asking $1 each! I instead bought a vintage Greedo for $1 from him, which I never had as a kid, so I think its a pretty cool find, especially since its in great condition:

Reaction score
I finally won a Phase I Commander Wolffe on eBay. And it wasn't total highway robbery either.
Congrats! What do you mean 'total highway robbery'? I'm not super comfortable buying off of EBay after what happened with my first Gunship that I bought off of there.

I remember buying my Commander Wolffe from TRU when the Commander Blackout Promo was going on (If my memory serves me right anyway).

Reaction score
Congrats! What do you mean 'total highway robbery'? I'm not super comfortable buying off of EBay after what happened with my first Gunship that I bought off of there.

I remember buying my Commander Wolffe from TRU when the Commander Blackout Promo was going on (If my memory serves me right anyway).
Got him for just under $20 without shipping. $20 seems a lot to pay for one single figure, but I've paid more before (acquired carded CW44 Ahsoka from a Scummer for $40; it was sweet).

I've bought almost all of my CW stuff from eBay. But nothing super large, so I don't worry too much about buying from online auctions. I saw that Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter (which is on my WTB list) just went for $380. I think the bidding got a bit out of hand, considering it was only an $80 to $90 item previously.

Reaction score
Got him for just under $20 without shipping. $20 seems a lot to pay for one single figure, but I've paid more before (acquired carded CW44 Ahsoka from a Scummer for $40; it was sweet).

I've bought almost all of my CW stuff from eBay. But nothing super large, so I don't worry too much about buying from online auctions. I saw that Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter (which is on my WTB list) just went for $380. I think the bidding got a bit out of hand, considering it was only an $80 to $90 item previously.
I guess we all have those elusive items we keep looking for. For me there's quite a few:

- Ambush on Vulture's Claw battle pack (I haven't seen it appear anywhere (for a decent price), not even on Ebay)
- Commander Blitz (I found a cheap one missing his antenna and back pack, but I'd like to swap it for a complete one)
- Mandalorian speeder bike

And then there's a number of vehicles I still want, but wouldn't have room or storage for anyway: Turbo Tank, Flaming Wampa ARC-170, Lucky Lekku, Republic Attack Drop Ship, Mandalorian Assault Transport, Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon, ...

Anyway, congrats on the Wolffe figure. I always found it to be one of my favourite clones.

Reaction score
Vultures' claw was one of the few TCW battle packs that I passed on. It had to many repacks for me. But in hindsight, I regret not getting it. The IG droid was a paint variant, Anakin and Ahsoka had ponchos, and that Ghak alien was an exclusive to that pack. I ended up getting the alien himself on eBay and I bet with shipping, the total for him would have been 60% of the cost of the BP at retail. The Mandalorian Speeder bike is a great one. The figure riding it is rivaled only by Pre Vizsla. They look great. Plus the bike has some cool features.

Reaction score

That makes sense....I didn't think Wolffe was that hard to find. Then again, I bought him from a store.

I'll be honest the reason I don't EBay whatsoever for buying stuff is that when I bought the first release version Gunship, it was $85, not counting shipping, but when it got to my house, the box had a fist-sized hole in the side, and clearly no packing material, the Gunship was simply loose in the box.... You can imagine the negative review they got for that.

Reaction score
I guess we all have those elusive items we keep looking for. For me there's quite a few:

- Ambush on Vulture's Claw battle pack (I haven't seen it appear anywhere (for a decent price), not even on Ebay)
- Commander Blitz (I found a cheap one missing his antenna and back pack, but I'd like to swap it for a complete one)
- Mandalorian speeder bike

And then there's a number of vehicles I still want, but wouldn't have room or storage for anyway: Turbo Tank, Flaming Wampa ARC-170, Lucky Lekku, Republic Attack Drop Ship, Mandalorian Assault Transport, Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon, ...

Anyway, congrats on the Wolffe figure. I always found it to be one of my favourite clones.
I didn't know you were looking for a Lucky Lekku Gunship...I can understand the not having enough room issue........ My basement is mostly filled with Legos, okay an AT-AT, the Crumb Bomber is down there somewhere and a suit of Phase I armor in the works...

I'm certain the person who was initially interested in mine dropped out, simply because I have yet to reach where it is to even get pics of it.

Reaction score
Ooh, that stings. I traded that Ahsoka straight across for the TVC version. $20 is my max on what I'll pay for OOP figure, after all these aren't gold nuggets and will never be worth what Vintage is. So I don't delude myself. I feel $5-10 is a decent markup, depending on the figure. But anything over that is just being ungentlemanly. No matter how much I want a figure, 3-4 times retail is just too much IMO.

If I could paint decently, I'd make my own SA Wolffe. As well as few other unique looking Captains Commanders.

Reaction score
friend of mine just picked me up a few loose CW figures from a yardsale all complete too. Pre-Vizla, Commander Cody, 10 Phase II Clone Troopers, 5 of the Arc Clone Heavy Gunner and a old Saga Jango Fett with electronic rocket pack still in the box.

Reaction score
I picked up the Anti Hailfire Droid Squad battle pack at a local convention and as cool as they are in the package, I want to open them, simply because of the size or the box. I must be the only one this this problem.......

Reaction score
Scored a loose and complete Mando transport with 2 loose and complete Mando warriors from the battlepack for $25 bucks today at a local yardsale

Reaction score
I think those Mando's were also single carded, so they may have just bought the two of them. Still if someone has the ship and the Mando's they definitely knew what they were buying.

Reaction score
Got a Gray magnaguard and a jawa at a comic book shop. I remember finding and getting a magnaguard during the lines original run. Those were the days.