Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars

Reaction score
That's very cool. We should try to meet up whenever our schedules work out.

( to OdinsDad) I guess I will either have to get some armor or change my name. haha
Any interest in DC? I've been seeking somebody to see Suicide Squad with. I don't have an issue going by myself, but dinner and a movie is more fun with a friend. Also, we've got some decent comic shops here if you've never been.

P.S. Changing your name is cheaper; armor is cooler. Girls dig a guy in uniform. :p

Reaction score
Actually, seeing this made me remember that I was invited to join the 501st. I plan on trying to pull off being a Republic Commando, Scorch to be exact. But given my height... or lack thereof, it could get entertaining. I mean, whose ever heard of a clone whose under 5' 5"?
Clone Troopers are 1.83 meters tall (just over six feet), but First Order Troopers appear to vary greatly in height. All the same, if you still want to be a Clone, you could be one of the "Bad Batch." Or just wear platform shoes. (I'd recommend the latter, not just for the humor factor.)

Reaction score
Any interest in DC? I've been seeking somebody to see Suicide Squad with. I don't have an issue going by myself, but dinner and a movie is more fun with a friend. Also, we've got some decent comic shops here if you've never been.

P.S. Changing your name is cheaper; armor is cooler. Girls dig a guy in uniform. :p
I do enjoy superhero (or villain) movies. Right now I am in Indiana going to a few car races. I won't be back until Sunday. Is there any time during the week we can meet up? I have not been to a comic book store in Lexington before.

I guess I will have to join the military.

Reaction score
Clone Troopers are 1.83 meters tall (just over six feet), but First Order Troopers appear to vary greatly in height. All the same, if you still want to be a Clone, you could be one of the "Bad Batch." Or just wear platform shoes. (I'd recommend the latter, not just for the humor factor.)
I have a whole load of lines in regards to my lack of height already in my head, if anyone asks. They include: "I'm sorry, but I think I was cheated out of a few inches of height" "I'm not short, I'm compact" "If you want to talk.... get down on my level first, then we can talk"

In regards to the platform shoes, I feel like I missed something in your comment. Mainly the "not just for the humor factor" part. I also don't think that would fly with the 501st, and I have a terrible sense of balance. I've only worn heels once, they were three-inch spikes and I nearly landed on my face... at least four times.

Oh, I bought a bag of LEGOs from a local thrift store, and when sorting it, I pulled out six 3 3/4 scale lightsabers, including one of Ventress's.The best was when I pulled out a Phase I Rex helmet, the first thing out of my mouth was "Where's the rest of you?" There was also an Attack Shuttle, but it was little more than a hull, no wings, no canopy, nothing. When I saw it, a little part of me thought "The Separatists got to it before I could".

Reaction score
In regards to the platform shoes, I feel like I missed something in your comment. Mainly the "not just for the humor factor" part. I also don't think that would fly with the 501st, and I have a terrible sense of balance. I've only worn heels once, they were three-inch spikes and I nearly landed on my face... at least four times.
Not all in the 501st are Stormtroopers, and not all who dress up as Stormtroopers are in the 501st. So, yeah, platforms would totally be out in the 501st, but you could certainly wear them on your own time. Platforms are just plain amusing, particularly the more '70's they look in color and in shape. I love mine, but admittedly, it's easier to get away with this type of shoe as a woman.

Reaction score
Not all in the 501st are Stormtroopers, and not all who dress up as Stormtroopers are in the 501st. So, yeah, platforms would totally be out in the 501st, but you could certainly wear them on your own time. Platforms are just plain amusing, particularly the more '70's they look in color and in shape. I love mine, but admittedly, it's easier to get away with this type of shoe as a woman.
I must admit, the kicker for me is that I've never seen platform shoes anywhere on LI, not even at the thrift stores that I check weekly. BTW, don't let my screen-name fool you (did you miss the part about me in heels?) But I see your point nonetheless.

Oh, I found the rest of the Phase I Rex figure. I bought a bag with a few Bionicles in it, and there, tangled in the mess, was none other than Rex! I was all "So that's where you were!".

Reaction score
Got my hands on a Shadow Squadron ARC-170 for €40 from a guy who is going to start collecting LEGO vehicles instead of their Hasbro counterparts.

I don't really like that it's the Imperial version, but chances of me finding the TRU exclusive Flaming Wampa are so slim that I might aswell just buy this version of the fighter.

Reaction score
Got my hands on a Shadow Squadron ARC-170 for €40 from a guy who is going to start collecting LEGO vehicles instead of their Hasbro counterparts.

I don't really like that it's the Imperial version, but chances of me finding the TRU exclusive Flaming Wampa are so slim that I might aswell just buy this version of the fighter.
That's still cool! This is the first time I'm hearing of the 'Flaming Wampa', but since you said it was a TRU exclusive, I might find it at a thrift store as I'm stateside. But the weather where I am feels like either Geonosis or Jakku...I'm leaning towards Geonosis because of all the bugs that are flying around.

Reaction score
That's still cool! This is the first time I'm hearing of the 'Flaming Wampa', but since you said it was a TRU exclusive, I might find it at a thrift store as I'm stateside. But the weather where I am feels like either Geonosis or Jakku...I'm leaning towards Geonosis because of all the bugs that are flying around.
I just want to whine that I never find good things at thrift stores or the like. In fact, I'm one of the worst when it comes to random finds. I have others (namely store employees) pick out blind boxes for me, as my luck is so bad.

I think we're just lucky that the bugs that surround us aren't armed. Or undead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just want to whine that I never find good things at thrift stores or the like. In fact, I'm one of the worst when it comes to random finds. I have others (namely store employees) pick out blind boxes for me, as my luck is so bad.

I think we're just lucky that the bugs that surround us aren't armed. Or undead.
I think the only reason I find stuff the way I do is that I check the two local thrift stores twice a week. I actually got a really cool Clone Wars shirt the other day from one. I had to get it simply because it had Rex and a plain-armor clone on it. If you want, I can get pics of it...I just need to remember which black t-shirt it is! I'm something of a clone fan, I never really cared about the Jedi that much, the droids did little for me, but I really like the clones, possibly because I can relate to being pushed around and considered not-so-smart, even though I'm actually quite intelligent.

In regards to the bugs... the local mosquitos might as well be armed. But, I have a successful track record of killing those pests...With my hands. I wait till they can be crushed between my hands in mid-air. It keeps me busy. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
I scored an on-card Shaak Ti and a complete Mace Windu figure for six dollars each at my local thrift store on Saturday. Mace is still in the plastic, with the 'Galactic Battle Game' card, stand and Jango's helmet, but his backcard is long gone. I might end up keeping the Shaak Ti as she appears to have better screening than mine. Mace will be staying either way as I don't have a figure of him that stands. My 30th Anniversary figure of him from the Order 66 two-pack does not stand at all. Not to mention, the TCW Mace doesn't look like he is really angry.

Reaction score
Knocked several more figures, including the two remaining Tank Gunners that I needed, off my list thanks to Scummer QWONOS. Got both Jesse and Buzz loose with their respective BARCs as well.

Reaction score
Knocked several more figures, including the two remaining Tank Gunners that I needed, off my list thanks to Scummer QWONOS. Got both Jesse and Buzz loose with their respective BARCs as well.
Cool! I wish I had the time to acquire clones from the people here and the money to buy them. As there is a bunch that I am missing that I want..... I must do research to find out who I'm missing first though. I actually counted how many TCW pilots I have, though they are either Oddball or Goji, I've ended up with 2 Goji and I think three Oddball. It could be more because of how I have everyone displayed, it is hard to tell.

I have to wonder why Shaak Ti has painted eyebrows, though I'm fairly certain she does not have them in the animation. At this point I'd be happy to find a clone or two, somewhere, though not EBay, after my Gunship fiasco, I don't trust them to pack them well.

Reaction score
Some of my recent acquisitions have come in smelling very strongly of cigarette smoke or mothballs I really don't know what to do to get rid of those distinctive odors. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or can anybody direct me to a part of the site where this has been discussed with any figures - vintage or modern?

I decided to experiment with the moth ball-ridden ones, sprayed them with lavender Febreeze, and left them sealed in baggies with a little bit of liquid. Though I don't actually want any of my action figures smelling like Febreeze, it's preferable to other "scents." Now, they smell like mothballs AND Febreeze. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some of my recent acquisitions have come in smelling very strongly of cigarette smoke or mothballs I really don't know what to do to get rid of those distinctive odors. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or can anybody direct me to a part of the site where this has been discussed with any figures - vintage or modern?

I decided to experiment with the moth ball-ridden ones, sprayed them with lavender Febreeze, and left them sealed in baggies with a little bit of liquid. Though I don't actually want any of my action figures smelling like Febreeze, it's preferable to other "scents." Now, they smell like mothballs AND Febreeze. Hmmmm.
I heard using fabric dryer sheets sealed in a ziploc baggie works very well.

Reaction score
I just purchased a second Captain Rex voice-changer helmet... Man, I got some funny looks as I carried it under my arm as I headed to the registers. I was thinking to myself "What, haven't you ever seen someone carrying a clone helmet before?". I plucked it off of the shelf maybe a foot away from someone who was looking up how much things were selling for on EBay.

It is only missing the harness that fits it to your head, but the one in a different helmet is not firmly anchored so I can simply use that one. Though given that this one is my second, I'll end up customizing this one. But I was not about to leave it behind.

Reaction score
It is only missing the harness that fits it to your head, but the one in a different helmet is not firmly anchored so I can simply use that one. Though given that this one is my second, I'll end up customizing this one. But I was not about to leave it behind.
Please post pics when you do customize it!

Reaction score
I just adopted a Clone Gunner, for once, I get a clone who is NOT a Phase I Cody... He is in good condition shape, considering he was rescued from my local thrift store along with a few other figures, but he was the only clone. Was he hard-to-find as this is the first and so far only gunner I own or have seen.

Reaction score
The Clone Gunner had a variant too. There was a green triangle that was or wasn't on the front of his helmet.

There was five of him released.
1. Was included with the Turbo Tank
2. Was in the AT-TE Assult BP
3. Was a stand along carded figure and a variant.
4. Was the Anti-Hailfire droid BP commander.

and

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Cyclone! I don't have the variant, but now I know who else to look for, I will ramp up my search. I'm guessing the one I got is the AT-TE Assault BP release, I would post a pic for confirmation, but the image-hosting site I use is acting up.

It was really weird, I was searching through the bags of toys at the thrift store when I got feeling that there was something that needed to be purchased.... After about a minute I found the bag that had this guy in it. Out of the seven total figures I got, he was the only one not missing any body parts thankfully.

Reaction score
I looked over the original Tank Gunner thread. Here is a comparison of the variants. Note the green triangle on the forehead.

Reaction score
Interesting, I don't have that figure as the shoulder and chest armor is the same color as the plating on the helmet.

It sounds like you have the Turbo tank figure. The AT-TE Battle Pack figure has the red flower bloom on the shoulder. The Turbo Tank figures have the black circle emblem on the shoulders. The Single Carded figure has that White V emblem.

Reaction score

It sounds like you have the Turbo tank figure. The AT-TE Battle Pack figure has the red flower bloom on the shoulder. The Turbo Tank figures have the black circle emblem on the shoulders. The Single Carded figure has that White V emblem.
That's the one! Sadly I don't have a Turbo Tank to display him with, so for now he is just relaxing by my Republic Attack Gunship.

Reaction score
Isn't that "red flower bloom" on the shoulder actually an AT-TE footprint? Speaking of this figure, it and a few other CW clones have begun to get dingy / yellowed in my collection, which are stored loose in drawered plastic totes in a cool dry place. Anyone else dealing with this issue and have any solutions? I simply 'air them out' from their storage from time to time...

Reaction score
Isn't that "red flower bloom" on the shoulder actually an AT-TE footprint? Speaking of this figure, it and a few other CW clones have begun to get dingy / yellowed in my collection, which are stored loose in drawered plastic totes in a cool dry place. Anyone else dealing with this issue and have any solutions? I simply 'air them out' from their storage from time to time...
Is it the later-made clones? Ones like the 501st ARF Trooper from the AT-RT are apparently notorious for yellowing, as it seems that clone produced late in the line were made from cheaper and different plastic.

I unfortunately have no suggestions on how to remedy or prevent this. I just won a 501st ARF Trooper off eBay, with no discoloration currently, so we'll see how he begins to age in my collection.

Lastly, that never occurred to me that that symbol was a footprint (though I never would have referred to it as floral); I never knew what it was. But, that's brilliant. The Clone Wars had so much depth and detail.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I noticed it with a number of clones. I know some of the later figures were made with what appeared to be cheaper recycled plastic, but none of those seem to be yellowing, though they look dingy, as they did in the package. Sometimes, I'll notice a helmet, belt, torso, etc that yellows slightly, while the rest of the figure is unaffected. The way these figures break down is rather strange, but I know they release gas as they age, and if that gas is trapped, the plastic can yellow. My collection isn't on display, so most of my figures are stored. If they were on display 24/7, I don't think they'd yellow, or at least not as much.

Reaction score
Got a jedi turbo speeder today,never did see this in the shops cool looking vehicle I remember this in the show.This was such a good line from Hasbro before they went all crappy.

Reaction score
Yeah, the Jedi Turbo speeder was one of the favorites of my kids. The girls used to load it up with all of the female Jedi and they'd go cruising. Ashoka, Barris, Shak-Ti and Master Luminarina. For some reason Adm Yularin was the Handsome guy. I lucked into the Jedi Turbo speeder and found it just once and jumped on it. Years later when the Vehicles were sold in two-packs, I was able to pick up a 2nd speeder.

Reaction score
^Funny!

Yeah i was never able to find the turbo Speeder, sadly. A lot of stuff actually, and now it's all pricey.

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to get a Pre Vizsla at a decent price. I have one, but sadly when we moved apartments a few years ago, his Darksaber was lost when I packed away my figures on display. Yes, I'm trying to get one for one accessory, because its only been packaged with him. So far I've lost one auction on a packaged one, and another for a loose one plus some extra figures went beyond $50 and I bowed out. This is a case where I'd honestly buy a repro, or probably several repros (one for Pre to replace his, one for Maul, one for Sabine), if I could get one, but haven't seen them sold anywhere.

There's a part of me hoping a future Sabine from Rebels will be packaged with one, but until recently she was one of the hardest Rebels figures to get, so rather not take the chance on that happening.