Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars

Reaction score
As I've already said to OdinsDad and Hybris, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME. :p

Geographically, I'm not that far from you either...

The woeful day I decide to sell some of my collection, you'll be the first to know! *Aragorn voice* But it is not this day! This day we spend even more money! *Aragorn voice*

But seriously, I do need to get some pictures up of the loose figures I've purchased recently. Got two more 2008 magnaguards for 9 dollar each, which means I own 8 of them now. (General Grievous likes this...)

Reaction score
All of mine is loose. I'm not rich like Jim.
I was going to type out "I like 'em loose," but that simply didn't sound right. So, contextualization. I collect mostly loose when it comes to CW; however, once I'm done with loose, I'll likely move on to carded and boxed. 'Cause I need more stuff. Riiiiiiiight.

But seriously, I do need to get some pictures up of the loose figures I've purchased recently. Got two more 2008 magnaguards for 9 dollar each, which means I own 8 of them now. (General Grievous likes this...)
Poor Grievous; he needs all the protection he can get. So used and abused by the Sith.

Reaction score
Well, I had one on display and the others boxed. The idea was to display at least two of them, but the room was too small. All my stuff has been packed up anyway, and will eventually be put out again. I need to liquidate some stuff, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Hey, I'm here if you have any clones you're looking to re-home. I have room for more and I am always willing and able to adopt. As if 100 something clones wasn't enough. I seriously think they are addictive but sadly at the convention I went to, while there were Clone Wars figures for sale, either they were ones I had or way overpriced and incomplete. I'm not going to drop ten dollars for an incomplete (no helmet, no blasters, just the figure, not mint condition) Phase II Rex. Depressing.

Reaction score
I'll sell you a phase II Rex with helmet and holster blasters (nothing else) for $10. I have an extra.
First, I need to poke Jodo, see if him still wants the Lucky Lekku. I've been insanely busy between finals in college and work, I have yet to get it in a box to tell him how much shipping will be. How different is the CW Phase II from the Black Series 3 3/4"? I just got the Black Series one, so I thought I should ask.

Reaction score
First, I need to poke Jodo, see if him still wants the Lucky Lekku. I've been insanely busy between finals in college and work, I have yet to get it in a box to tell him how much shipping will be. How different is the CW Phase II from the Black Series 3 3/4"? I just got the Black Series one, so I thought I should ask.
I really don't know about the differences between the two, as I do not collect the 3.75" Black Series. I prefer the aesthetic attached to the CGI style, which is the main reason I've cobbled together a CW collection over the years.

Oh, and if a Lucky Lekku needs a home, I've got one right here in KY. It's modest and mostly furnished with action figures, statues, sixth scale, and books, but it's home.

Reaction score
I really don't know about the differences between the two, as I do not collect the 3.75" Black Series. I prefer the aesthetic attached to the CGI style, which is the main reason I've cobbled together a CW collection over the years.

Oh, and if a Lucky Lekku needs a home, I've got one right here in KY. It's modest and mostly furnished with action figures, statues, sixth scale, and books, but it's home.
I'll keep you mind, as I have a feel either Jodo forgot, or is no longer interested. As cool as it is, I keep bumping into it in my overcrowded basement and while working on my cosplay, I nearly knocked it off where I have it stored.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Just got in Anakin (2008) and Commander Bly today from a fellow scummer. Great figures. I've always wanted Bly but he's actually rare (like 4 on ebay) so it's great to finally have him.

Reaction score
Played with some of the figures last night. Pew pew pew.

Ugh, I'm forgetting the names of the clones now. I thought that would never happen.

Reaction score
I know he's not rare or spectacular, but I was walking through a local thrift store when I got that 'there's something here' feeling. I looked to my right and there, in a bag of junk, was this guy. My clone sense has served me well, again. I think I'll name him Amukamara. If you ask about his name, its the last name of an athlete from a team I like.

Please excuse the horrid picture...I took it with my computer camera, which apparently sucks. (yes those are Clone Wars sheets, which are also fairly new)

I was busy reorganizing my 'small company' of clones, when my Clone Wars Phase II Cody fell....I ended up yelling "Seriously Cody?!" at the figure. My mom probably thinks I'm crazy now.

Reaction score
Nah, your mom's met you (and reserves no judgement). :p

Wait until you move out and it's your neighbors that hear you yell at/talk to your toys.
Good point, though I still want to know why Phase II Cody doesn't stand well. *Examines figure closely* It's his ankle joints, those are loose. He'll be going on a base so he (hopefully) stops falling over.

Reaction score
Yeah he was one of the last with ankle joints at all so be thankful... lol.

He is also an example of how stupid the accessories were going to be (again).

He had the newer head that looked *less* like the series character...

But......... he was exciting to find and a pretty awesome fig altogether.

Simpler days for us even though the whole CW thrill was winding down for me. I never got rex or the 501st CW phase 2 figs.

Reaction score
Yeah he was one of the last with ankle joints at all so be thankful... lol.

He is also an example of how stupid the accessories were going to be (again).

He had the newer head that looked *less* like the series character...

But......... he was exciting to find and a pretty awesome fig altogether.

Simpler days for us even though the whole CW thrill was winding down for me. I never got rex or the 501st CW phase 2 figs.
I agree, his Phase II head looks way younger than his Phase I release. My Phase II Cody was the one that broke my New Years' resolution... On New Years' Eve. I told myself I'd back off buying so many clones, but he broke it. If my mind serves me well, I got him dirt-cheap at a Tuesday Morning. I just could not leave him there.

Reaction score
I still have an extra loose Phase II Captain Rex (with helmet and blaster pistols) if anybody is interested...

I just bought two 501st Phase II Clone Troopers off a fellow Scummer. Carded too. So, I'm quite pleased to finally have those in my collection. Next, should I open one of them? Hmmm.

Reaction score
I did. I take it you mean the Yoda packaging, Europe only final wave 501st Phase II troopers? Yeah, I picked up a pair. Opened one, left the other unopened.

Reaction score
I still have an extra loose Phase II Captain Rex (with helmet and blaster pistols) if anybody is interested...

I just bought two 501st Phase II Clone Troopers off a fellow Scummer. Carded too. So, I'm quite pleased to finally have those in my collection. Next, should I open one of them? Hmmm.
Sadly, I'm trying to save my money to get started on my Scorch cosplay. That will burn a hold in my budget, that much I can foresee.

But in regards to opening one of the two, do it. I only have six figures that I have never opened, one of which is a nice, not yellowed Phase I Cody. But I personally love opening them, as all of my clones kind of share a corner of my room. While in the long run, they'd be worth more if I had not de-carded them, I enjoy being able to display them, and have fun photographing them, not to mention, they take up less space when they are loose.

Reaction score

I'm down in Bowling Green, at the Vette City Antique Mall and purchased, for a nice six dollars, a plain armor (not weathered/dirty) Phase I clone. I died a little when I read his tag and it said....Stormtrooper. He looks as though his previous owner played with him in the mud so he needs a serious bath. I nearly bought a LEGO Captain Rex alarm clock, but he had no range finder and they wanted 35 dollars.....I could get a new-in-box for less..... on EBay.

Reaction score
I have zero Yoda green packaging figures. It kills me. Lol
So far the Yoda carded figures are the only time being European has actually been an advantage in my collecting hobby. I have the following:

- CW01 Obi-Wan Kenobi (carded)
- CW02 Savage Opress (2x carded)
- CW03 Anakin Skywalker (carded)
- CW04 Captain Rex (carded)
- CW05 R2-D2 (2x carded)
- CW06 501st Clone Trooper (1x loose + 2x carded)
- CW07 Commander Cody (carded)
- CW08 Darth Maul (carded)
- CW09 Battle Droid (carded)

Apart from the Darth Maul, whom I got from a fellow Belgian collector, I found all these in stores around the country.

Reaction score

I'm down in Bowling Green, at the Vette City Antique Mall and purchased, for a nice six dollars, a plain armor (not weathered/dirty) Phase I clone. I died a little when I read his tag and it said....Stormtrooper. He looks as though his previous owner played with him in the mud so he needs a serious bath. I nearly bought a LEGO Captain Rex alarm clock, but he had no range finder and they wanted 35 dollars.....I could get a new-in-box for less..... on EBay.
I'll be in BG on Sunday. Did the VCAM have any other CW merchandise?

Also, are you a KY resident?

Reaction score
Yeah, Had to make a Trans-Atlantic deal to obtain a few of this last wave of figures. I picked up the figures that had changes. Anakin, OBI, Rex (knees), R2, The Clone and I think Maul (supposedly had a variant in the paint app). I kind of wished that I had gotten them all. Oh, and I did get the battle droid. I think that it had forearm articulation that had been missing from previous releases.

Reaction score
I'll be in BG on Sunday. Did the VCAM have any other CW merchandise?

Also, are you a KY resident?
Sadly the clone was the only piece of CW merchandise that was there. I was actually down in Bowling Green to visit the Corvette museum and tour the factory where the Corvettes are made.

I actually dwell in NY, I happen to live in a area with two thrift stores within 30 minutes of my place as well as an antique store that has a whole booth packed with figures, new on card. When I was last there, I spotted a Asajj Ventures on the clone-helmet style card, but the asking price was 12 dollars. I have a feeling that is a little high.

Reaction score
$12 is not high for a figure you can't find in stores anymore.
That's not quite what I meant, but I see your point. I meant it seemed oddly high in regards to her currently market price. But last time I was scrolling through eBay was at least a year or two ago to get my first Republic Attack Gunship. Therefore my data might be out-of-date.

Reaction score
She currently goes for about $20 carded and maybe $15 loose (both are low-end estimates) on eBay.

And awwww. I thought I might have a new KY friend on hand...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So far the Yoda carded figures are the only time being European has actually been an advantage in my collecting hobby. I have the following:

- CW05 R2-D2 (2x carded)

Apart from the Darth Maul, whom I got from a fellow Belgian collector, I found all these in stores around the country.
Nice! I'll track down a few one of these days

Reaction score

- CW05 R2-D2 (2x carded)

So, I had no idea that there was a whole series that release in Europe, not the US. Totally jealous of the clones... though I love to have all of my figures loose, as they are more fun that way and take up less space, but are a pain to dust.

Reaction score
From or currently living in? Also, which part? Yea. Potential new local friend!

P.S. Are you in the 501st, as your name sort of implies?
I just recently graduated from WKU. I am currently living in Frankfort (my hometown). I travel to Henderson Kentucky to see family on some weekends. No I'm not in the 501st. I just like collecting stormtroopers. I never thought about it implying that until you said it.

Reaction score
I just recently graduated from WKU. I am currently living in Frankfort (my hometown). I travel to Henderson Kentucky to see family on some weekends. No I'm not in the 501st. I just like collecting stormtroopers. I never thought about it implying that until you said it.
You can see from just below my name that I am currently residing in Lexington. So we are right by each other. My mother grew up in Bowling Green and attended WKU before going on to graduate school at Vanderbilt.

Reaction score
You can see from just below my name that I am currently residing in Lexington. So we are right by each other. My mother grew up in Bowling Green and attended WKU before going on to graduate school at Vanderbilt.
That's very cool. We should try to meet up whenever our schedules work out.

( to OdinsDad) I guess I will either have to get some armor or change my name. haha