Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars Edition

Good Idea! But isn't there an alarm that goes off if something isn't scanned?

Reaction score

Only if it has those metal/magnetic things stuck to the item which sw figs do not in my area.

Reaction score

Bossk_MR said:
Which stores are allowing items to checkout?
So far only Target but you have to use the DPCI.

Admiral_AckBart said:
Is there any reason not to hit the self-checkout lanes with these? Just scan a TAC figure, toss a Clone Wars figure in the bag, and repeat.

If you're worried about being "caught", pay in cash. And park down the street
Great call but for the most part only the Supers have self-checkout with some exceptions. And most of the early "finds" are not being found at Supers if I had to guess. At least mine wasn't.

Reaction score

I asked in the Target thread but no one has responded as of yet so I'm going to ask again here, can anyone provide the DPCI number for the figures specifically?

Thanks in advance. :-]

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

Reaction score

i saw 8 of these on the pegs at target this weekend in san diego. no idea if they have been released or not since i could care less about the clone wars figures. passed on these.

Reaction score

Nice find, hopefully they'll be that easy to find everywhere on 7/26.

Reaction score

trooper1138 said:
i saw 8 of these on the pegs at target this weekend in san diego. no idea if they have been released or not since i could care less about the clone wars figures. passed on these.

Wanna pick one up for me?

Reaction score

Quick question. How many figures and ships are going to be released at MM?

Reaction score

jedisquared said:
...can someone drop me a PM with the Target DPCI#'s for CW wave 1, Legacy wave 1 & AT-TE vehicle. Thanks in advance!
TSM_in_NY said:
I asked in the Target thread but no one has responded as of yet so I'm going to ask again here, can anyone provide the DPCI number for the figures specifically?
AT-TE - 087-06-1555
TLC Basic Figures - 087-06-0991
TCW Basic Figures - 087-06-1011

Reaction score

Picked up the V-19 Torrent Starfighter at Walmart today. Very cool ship. Case ratio was: 1x Obi-Wan Starfighter, 1x AT-AP, 1x V-Wing, 1x Spider Droid and 1x V-19.

-Snags

Reaction score

Found the same thing, but was DENIED at checkout. I guess this is really a Non Acquisition post, huh?

Reaction score

sntee25 said:
Well I stopped into a Wal-Mart today after a lunch party and came out of the store with this:

They were on the shelf but did not scan so I brought a TAC figure with me and the very nice cashier scanned that fig x 12. The extras in the this case were another Clone, Obi Wan, Anakin and R2. I wish the all the 1st day issue figs in the case had regular extras. Only my R2 and Clone were that way. Oh well nice day regardless...
And then immediately put them on ebay? Sad thing is, I may grab a couple as the scalpers hit this area hard.

Reaction score

Schmiggy_JK said:
sntee25 said:
Well I stopped into a Wal-Mart today after a lunch party and came out of the store with this:

They were on the shelf but did not scan so I brought a TAC figure with me and the very nice cashier scanned that fig x 12. The extras in the this case were another Clone, Obi Wan, Anakin and R2. I wish the all the 1st day issue figs in the case had regular extras. Only my R2 and Clone were that way. Oh well nice day regardless...
And then immediately put them on ebay? Sad thing is, I may grab a couple as the scalpers hit this area hard.
Instead of jumping to ridiculous conclusions, you should check your facts. Sntee25 is from Northern California (and a very respectable local scummer) this ebay auction is in Arizona. I can see you dont post much; you probably ought to keep it that way instead of pointing fingers at veterans of the community here.

Reaction score

Bit sensitive are we? Maybe grab a cup of coffee and relax a bit during your morning posting. It was said with a "?", not an accusation.

Reaction score

Schmiggy_JK said:
Bit sensitive are we? Maybe grab a cup of coffee and relax a bit during your morning posting. It was said with a "?", not an accusation.
I wouldnt call sticking up for a friend, "sensitive". It is just what friends do. And there was no need to question it if you actually did your homework.

Reaction score

Schmiggy_JK said:
First, I'll second that you're not going to find too many e-bay jerks on these forums. Second, you're crazy if you buy any of the stuff coming on July 26th on e-bay. Nothing is that hard to find when there's a mass release like this. Plus if you hate scalpers, then don't buy new figures on e-bay. If people wouldn't pay ridiculous prices there then the scalpers would move onto something else. E-bay buyers are as much of a problem as the scalpers.

If you're really having that much trouble with scalpers in your area you should check the Michigan area boards. There's a bunch of guys there who help each other out on a regular basis. There are other avenues than feeding the scalper filth.

Reaction score

CrunchyNug said:
Found the same thing, but was DENIED at checkout. I guess this is really a Non Acquisition post, huh?
anyone ever try to make a copy of a current UPC and slap it over the new upc- I am not sure where they are on the new figures but if you had an adhesive paper and printed the UPC you could test scan it at a price checker and then buy it

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:
anyone ever try to make a copy of a current UPC and slap it over the new upc- I am not sure where they are on the new figures but if you had an adhesive paper and printed the UPC you could test scan it at a price checker and then buy it
Right. Because there's nothing dishonest, at best, or illegal, at worst, about doing that in order to buy a few toys two weeks early...

E...

Reaction score

Isn't the problem with scanning a TAC figure to get the new CW/Legacy figures that it will mess up Wal-Mart's inventory? Later on people will be complaining that their store hasn't gotten in wave 2 or 3 (and blaming Hasbro or WM) when it'll really be because the store will still show all the wave 1 figures on hand that were bought under the TAC figure UPC.

Reaction score

BlueSnaggletooth said:
Case ratio was: 1x Obi-Wan Starfighter, 1x AT-AP, 1x V-Wing, 1x Spider Droid and 1x V-19.
Really? A case always used to contain four ships. They've upped it to five?

Reaction score

Kielbassa said:
Isn't the problem with scanning a TAC figure to get the new CW/Legacy figures that it will mess up Wal-Mart's inventory? Later on people will be complaining that their store hasn't gotten in wave 2 or 3 (and blaming Hasbro or WM) when it'll really be because the store will still show all the wave 1 figures on hand that were bought under the TAC figure UPC.
Yes, it would also screw with store inventory and the computerized reordering wouldn't work correctly till somone in the department did a manual count and reset their inventory numbers.

E...

Reaction score

efranks said:
Kielbassa said:
Yes, it would also screw with store inventory and the computerized reordering wouldn't work correctly till somone in the department did a manual count and reset their inventory numbers.

E...
Can't people just wait 2 weeks! Jeez! If the inventory counts get messed up at the store you bought the figures from, you are only hurting yourself if that's the sotre you usually frequent.

"I say patience." -Anakin

Reaction score

meat1980 said:
Schmiggy_JK said:
I wouldnt call sticking up for a friend, "sensitive". It is just what friends do. And there was no need to question it if you actually did your homework.
Thanks for the assist, Lars. I missed this jerks post earlier. I hate lazy people. As my friend said, a little bit of homework and the question doesn't have to be asked.

If you want to check me out on ebay my handle is undirishfan. You will see that I have never a sold anything on ebay. But I have sold here of Scum. Check out my sold times nothing SW over cost ever...

Best thing though is to never mention my name in one of your posts again...

Reaction score

Neal said:
jedisquared said:
...can someone drop me a PM with the Target DPCI#'s for CW wave 1, Legacy wave 1 & AT-TE vehicle. Thanks in advance!
TSM_in_NY said:
AT-TE - 087-06-1555
TLC Basic Figures - 087-06-0991
TCW Basic Figures - 087-06-1011
Thank you very much, I do appreciate it. :-]

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:
CrunchyNug said:
I won't recommend this. It's called fraud by deception.

Sol

Reaction score

jedi_shadow said:
I won't recommend this. It's called fraud by deception.
What do the Transformers have to do with this?

Reaction score

I was at Target at opening this morning. I must be getting really good at sensing Hot Wheel guys. I never saw this guy before but I just knew he was one. The minute the door opened he flew to the toy aisle. I think he saw me walking in the same direction and I swear he must have ran down a parallel aisle. Of course after not finding any t-hunts, he comes to scope out the action figure aisle.

Anyways, after he left I was looking at the Transformer Animated figures. There were 3 empty pegs and only 2 Blackarachnias left. I checked the price scanner and the stockroom said there were more in the back. I got an employee to check and she comes back with an open box with a Target sticky label that says Transformers on it and has the DPCI 087-06-0024. But the box itself says Star Wars Clone Wars 3.75 basic figures. She gets a guy from the back to bring her another case of TFs and he brings her another Clone Wars case! I told her this isnt the right box but thats OK I was looking for these also. I'm still missing the Grievous from this wave so I took him and snagged the Rex and clones too. She starts trying to figure out why this box had the wrong label on it and I'm hoping she doesn't notice the big DO NOT OPEN BEFORE 7/26 in red letters on it. Three other employees come over and they're trying to make sense of it, so I bolt to the register to pay for them. I had all the CW figures rang up and in bags, when she comes up and says she can't sell them until 8/8(??). I'm guessing this is their reset date and she never even noticed the date on the box. She made the clerk take them out of the bag and delete them. A few more seconds and I would have swiped my card and it would have been to late
Oh well, I only need Grievous from this wave, so I guess I'll just have to wait. I just thought it was a good story.

GNT

Reaction score

Very close!

Reaction score

Found the V-19 Torrent Starfighter & Homing Spider Droid this morning! Finally, so glad to have some new Clone Wars items!

Reaction score

notice on the back of the Torrent box the pilot: the animated style pilot. When is he being released? I believe this is the first pic we've seen of him.

Reaction score

ChancellorStrife said:
notice on the back of the Torrent box the pilot: the animated style pilot. When is he being released? I believe this is the first pic we've seen of him.
I am holding the box in my hands now and that is actually the Evolutions Clone Pilot. It has the same black markings on the air/chest plate, too. I went ahead and put that clone into my V-19 Torrent today, to match the back of the box.

Reaction score

DarthLordTyranus said:
Found the V-19 Torrent Starfighter & Homing Spider Droid this morning! Finally, so glad to have some new Clone Wars items!
Found the same vehicles at walmart but they don't let me keep them when I tooke them to the register.

Reaction score

DarthLordTyranus said:
ChancellorStrife said:
I am holding the box in my hands now and that is actually the Evolutions Clone Pilot. It has the same black markings on the air/chest plate, too. I went ahead and put that clone into my V-19 Torrent today, to match the back of the box.
Thats what I thought. Will cross reference this to the V-19 Torrent thread.

Reaction score

Just got back from my Local WM and this is incredibly frustrating.

I actually went over looking for new GI Joes and walked up to an UNTOUCHED and opened pallet display (you know, the big 4' x 4' floor displays) of Clone Wars and Legacy Collection figures. First day stickers, build a droid figs and everything.

They were priced and ready to go. I even check the pallet carton which was on the floor next to it and it said "rush to floor" - NO DATE RESTRICTION. So I spent about 15 minutes getting a set together of the FDOI stickered CW figs (ends up there was only ONE Clone Trooper with a sticker on the pallet).

I went ahead and did my other shopping and went to check out.

You all know where this story is heading don't you?

Yup, the computer locked them all out. So I went back to Toys to talk with the Manager since I've known him for years. They are restricted and there is nothing he can do about it. Of course I pointed out that for the past three or four days they have had MULTIPLE date restricted items on the floor and THEY seem to be selling just fine. Sure enough he checked the system and they were selling the other stuff - he was totally confused.

Sadly, the moment he got ahold of the AM they came and whisked the pallet away with my set on top.

Needless to say I'm more than slightly irritated at this mess. Oh well, they are just toys. I didn't even need to buy a whole set anyway.

-Gary

Reaction score

ILuvToyz said:
I checked the price scanner and the stockroom said there were more in the back. I got an employee to check and she comes back with an open box with a Target sticky label that says Transformers on it and has the DPCI 087-06-0024.
So maybe I'm totally ignorant. You can check DPCI codes at the price scanners?

Reaction score

starhorse said:
ILuvToyz said:
I checked the price scanner and the stockroom said there were more in the back. I got an employee to check and she comes back with an open box with a Target sticky label that says Transformers on it and has the DPCI 087-06-0024.
So maybe I'm totally ignorant. You can check DPCI codes at the price scanners?
At certain Target stores they have price scanners with a row of numbered buttons going down the right side of the unit. Those unit(s) allow you to input DPCI(s) and it will come up on the screen whether or not there are any of the item(s) in the ailse and/or the back storeroom.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

Reaction score

Stopped into a Walmart on my way to work yesterday and found the new CW vehicles out on the floor. Picked up both the V-19 & Spider Droid. They didn't ring up, but the cashier used the barcode label tag from the floor to scan them and it worked. Didn't see anything else new.

Here starts the fun!

Reaction score

LOOKS like the Clone Wars DVD is due on November 18th!!!!!

Check out all the info at rebelscum.com