Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars

GNT

Reaction score
Thought I'd get this one started since a couple members have purchased "Clone Wars" figures off Ebay or through contacts. If you've managed to score a figure or item from the new series please make sure to let us know!

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - The Clone Wars Edition

Well, my only acquisition is a dumb post card saying I have to wait a couple more months for my Rex mail away.

Reaction score

The CWA Clone Trooper AT-TE pack-in.

Points of interest are the removeable belt and articulated left wrist.

The helmet is non-removable and the insignia appears on each shoulder.

Reaction score

I've picked up what should be carded samples of the grievous, rex, r2, and obiwan as well as a first shot of the grievous.

Reaction score

Post pics when you get them, please!!!

I should be getting 2 of the AT-TE pilots from a buddy in a week or so.

Reaction score

There's pics of them over at sandtroopers in a clonewars thread there. GNT linked to them in the corresponding threads here.

Reaction score

where do you buy these at I though they were not For Sale until the Midnight Madness Super Sale Event maybe it is from another country but i will look at Wal-Mart today to see if they got them even though the lady at Wal-Mart said they stopped getting Star Wars and will not get them anymore

Reaction score

banthaBoy said:
where do you buy these at I though they were not For Sale until the Midnight Madness Super Sale Event maybe it is from another country but i will look at Wal-Mart today to see if they got them even though the lady at Wal-Mart said they stopped getting Star Wars and will not get them anymore
Your Wal-Mart, I am sure, will not be carrying Star Wars ever again. I'd listen to the employee. They tend to know what they are talking about.

Reaction score

Gen_Magnus said:
banthaBoy said:
Your Wal-Mart, I am sure, will not be carrying Star Wars ever again. I'd listen to the employee. They tend to know what they are talking about.
Yeah like Wal-Marts going to be left out of the cash cow that will be the Clone Wars.

Reaction score

how many clones are coming with the at-te?

Sol

Reaction score

Jedi_Trooper said:
how many clones are coming with the at-te?
7. Plus a few extra helmets.

Reaction score

These Clone Wars figures will be an easy pass for me. I don't like the look of the animation and Hasbro has achieved the likeness pretty well with these.

Reaction score

urbnns69 said:
These Clone Wars figures will be an easy pass for me. I don't like the look of the animation and Hasbro has achieved the likeness pretty well with these.

I don't like the looks of the new Hulk figures so I'm going to save some money there. Wait, oops, for a second there I thought that we were supposed to voice our dislike for items in this thread. I'm going to head over to all the other Recent Acquisitions threads of lines I don't collect to let everyone know that I'm still not buying those items.

anywho, I've picked up 4 of the the Clone Wars clones from the ebay seller and i'm quite impressed with them - great articulation and they look even better in person.

Reaction score

These animated clones might serve a purpose as custom fodder, what's the neck look like? Totally different or standard?

Reaction score

CantThinkOfAName said:
These animated clones might serve a purpose as custom fodder, what's the neck look like? Totally different or standard?
they are ball sockets - just like the rest of the clones - as far as size goes, i haven't tried to pop a different helmet on one yet, but it looks like it's about the same size as a ROTS clone.

Reaction score

Awesome. I'd be surprised honestly if it wasn't ball jointed, and roughly the same size as ROTS version is good enough for me. Looks like I can do some customizing with these guys. The different body armor look can go for a good variation of a clone trooper (MPO, NCO, etc).

Reaction score

Well I stopped into a Wal-Mart today after a lunch party and came out of the store with this:

They were on the shelf but did not scan so I brought a TAC figure with me and the very nice cashier scanned that fig x 12. The extras in the this case were another Clone, Obi Wan, Anakin and R2. I wish the all the 1st day issue figs in the case had regular extras. Only my R2 and Clone were that way. Oh well nice day regardless...

Reaction score

Nice find! I guess this will be happening a lot in the coming weeks.

Like I said in another thread though, even if I do come across these before the 26th I'm going to hold off. I want that day to be fun, buying them early will just take away from it. I may not even hunt before that day!

Reaction score

Joe_B said:
Nice find! I guess this will be happening a lot in the coming weeks.

Like I said in another thread though, even if I do come across these before the 26th I'm going to hold off. I want that day to be fun, buying them early will just take away from it. I may not even hunt before that day!
Same here. The launch day will be my first Midnight Madness and I don't want to spoil the fun by buying any figures early. I want to search the store up and down to find everything that I want instead of buying figures early.

But nice find none the less.

Reaction score

Well after hearing Sean's succes I went out tonight too. First at Walmart truxel I found Clone Wars lightsabers but nothing else. I quickly left and went to West Sac. Upon coming into the toy section I saw the first pallet and low and behold my radar automatically pin pointed the beautiful square action figures boxes. There were 3 clone wars boxes and 2 legends boxes. There was only guy working the area and he was by the pallets when I arrived. So I waited around a bit till he went away. I found my chance and nabbed two cw boxes put em in my cart and hightailed it to another side of the store. My adrenaline was pumping and my heart was racing. It seemed like walmart people were at every corner when I tried to find a nice little quiet spot to open the cases. I finally found a spot behind a big column and teared into the boxes. What a thing of beauty. Although like Sean I too noticed that only some of the figures were foiled with the first day sticker. I emptied them into my cart and went off to the check lanes. But I made sure to grab a current TAC figure to use as a scanable figure like Sean. I get up to the check stands and they were all 5 people deep with everyone having a crap load of stuff in their carts. So I picked a lane and waited what seemed like an eternity. Finally when it was my turn I gave the cashier the TAC figure and a CW figure and told her a little white lie, "the guy back in toys said these wont ring up so he said to scan this one instead." She grabbed both and said okay and said she would try it first. When it scanned it read "SALE NOT ALLOWED". My heart sunk. She said oh these must have been recalled. I just stood there knowing I was screwed. She called her manager over and showed here manager and she chimed in saying oh ya these have been recalled and pointed to the little lightsaber and said they have parts that are too small and are choke hazards. I wanted to slap her for being an idiot but of course I didnt and just looked sad and said, "Oh really, thats too bad" I then left and am now sulking in my own pitty.

So close but yet so far away. Oh well I know there will plenty to go around on the 26th but it would have been nice to have them a little early.

Reaction score

Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhhhh.

That would suck if everyone managed to pick up "First Day of Issue" figs prior to launch and then said stores had none for midnight madness. Bummer.

Reaction score

CantThinkOfAName said:
Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhhhh.

That would suck if everyone managed to pick up "First Day of Issue" figs prior to launch and then said stores had none for midnight madness. Bummer.
That doesnt make too much sense. If I pick them up early then I wont pick them up at MM. If I dont get them early then I will get them at MM. THERE WILL BE PLENTY TO GO AROIUND! And last time I checked Walmart isnt doing anything for MM. You may also want to read the last sentence again. Im not mad at them for not selling them to me, I am just dissapointed (and being dramatic for the purpose of entertainment) But as i said oh well I will get em on the 26th.

Reaction score

I know that if I ever found a CW figure between now and the 26th, not only would it be highly unlikely in the UK, but I would almost certainly pass. This is because I haven't forgot the thrill of 2005.

Although I didn't go to the MM, I did go to my local TRU when it opened. I remember being the only person in the store and could pick and choose from everything, with no-one in sight! I remember looking over every figure and every single piece of merchandise, now that I have found rebelescum, I can plan what I'm going to buy and have an almost certain chance of getting in on the day.

Reaction score

meat1980 said:
Well after hearing Sean's succes I went out tonight too. First at Walmart truxel I found Clone Wars lightsabers but nothing else. I quickly left and went to West Sac. Upon coming into the toy section I saw the first pallet and low and behold my radar automatically pin pointed the beautiful square action figures boxes. There were 3 clone wars boxes and 2 legends boxes. There was only guy working the area and he was by the pallets when I arrived. So I waited around a bit till he went away. I found my chance and nabbed two cw boxes put em in my cart and hightailed it to another side of the store. My adrenaline was pumping and my heart was racing. It seemed like walmart people were at every corner when I tried to find a nice little quiet spot to open the cases. I finally found a spot behind a big column and teared into the boxes. What a thing of beauty. Although like Sean I too noticed that only some of the figures were foiled with the first day sticker. I emptied them into my cart and went off to the check lanes. But I made sure to grab a current TAC figure to use as a scanable figure like Sean. I get up to the check stands and they were all 5 people deep with everyone having a crap load of stuff in their carts. So I picked a lane and waited what seemed like an eternity. Finally when it was my turn I gave the cashier the TAC figure and a CW figure and told her a little white lie, "the guy back in toys said these wont ring up so he said to scan this one instead." She grabbed both and said okay and said she would try it first. When it scanned it read "SALE NOT ALLOWED". My heart sunk. She said oh these must have been recalled. I just stood there knowing I was screwed. She called her manager over and showed here manager and she chimed in saying oh ya these have been recalled and pointed to the little lightsaber and said they have parts that are too small and are choke hazards. I wanted to slap her for being an idiot but of course I didnt and just looked sad and said, "Oh really, thats too bad" I then left and am now sulking in my own pitty.

So close but yet so far away. Oh well I know there will plenty to go around on the 26th but it would have been nice to have them a little early.
Same here bro...I get a voice mail from a buddy of mine, telling me that WM had tons of cases on the pallet...So I asked my wife to drive me to WM (FYI..Im semi-handocapped due to surgery, so I cant drive around right now)...Well I get to the pallets and sure enough tons of SW (legends, CW, Evo sets, Muggs, Transformers..etc)..well I grabbed one case get to the line...and sure enough 'SALE NOT ALLOWED'...I was like damn, I tried to work her, but she was No..I wasnt pissed, but it sucked, cause like I said, I cant drive/get around like I used to...Oh well, I hope to score them on 7/26...

Reaction score

meat1980 said:
CantThinkOfAName said:
Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhhhh.

That doesnt make too much sense. If I pick them up early then I wont pick them up at MM. If I dont get them early then I will get them at MM. THERE WILL BE PLENTY TO GO AROIUND! And last time I checked Walmart isnt doing anything for MM. You may also want to read the last sentence again. Im not mad at them for not selling them to me, I am just dissapointed (and being dramatic for the purpose of entertainment) But as i said oh well I will get em on the 26th.
I can vouch for meat1980 not being a hoarder, and there will be enough to go around

Reaction score

CantThinkOfAName said:
Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhhhh.

Hmmm, Hasbro has a major new SW launch and you are worried about not enough going around??!?! When did that ever happen? Did you have a hard time getting the UGH'S? Not me I have all sets and passed plenty around to other scummers. Sure you might not get everything on the first night but if you are patient or make nice with people I'm sure you won't be left out...

And are you really telling me that if you found them on the shelf today that you would take them to CS and say "these are not suppose to be sold until July 26th?" I think you would find a way to make sure they went home with you.

Reaction score

If I see them early I will try to get them. But I am looking forward to MM, there may be one or two figures you may have to drive to a couple stores to find, that has been my expeeriance in the past, but that's half the fun.

Reaction score

Target-PRE 7/26 Score!!

I found all 11 on the pegs. Only missing Grievous, so I guess only one case was put out. I checked the back for more but none. I also ran all the other known DPCIs and negative.

I found another Target with the Yarna wave but they would not pull it because of the 7/26 date on the box

Reaction score

ILuvToyz said:
Target-PRE 7/26 Score!!

I found all 11 on the pegs. Only missing Grievous, so I guess only one case was put out. I checked the back for more but none. I also ran all the other known DPCIs and negative.

I found another Target with the Yarna wave but they would not pull it because of the 7/26 date on the box
Nice score, so did they ring up with no problem?

Reaction score

I had these in hand at Walmart but couldnt get past the register.

Reaction score

meat1980 said:
ILuvToyz said:
Target-PRE 7/26 Score!!

Yes, but this was at Target where they don't do that Sale not allowed crap.

Reaction score

meat1980 said:
ILuvToyz said:
Target-PRE 7/26 Score!!

Nice score.

Reaction score

Had Good Luck in ole Kentucky As Well. Found these at my local Wal-Mart in Louisville!

Reaction score

Well I went last night with no luck..However, scummer darthbill calls me up and says that the figures they didnt sell me last night were on the shelf...so he hid them...I went and pick up Obi and Clone, this time I went to the electronic department and again 'No sale allowed'...so he went to the toy department personal and she click it with her gun a said oh $6.94 ea...so went went back to the register and I checked out with the two...I left the others, but I try later...I just didnt want to take a chance with all of them...

Also, they had the new pop-up lightsabers with new packaging...that was the only other 'new' packaged items on the floor...

Reaction score

...can someone drop me a PM with the Target DPCI#'s for CW wave 1, Legacy wave 1 & AT-TE vehicle. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score

Stopped by 2 Wal*Mart's to check for any signs of figures on the pegs, unfortunately no luck.

I did however see cases of the Clonetrooper voice changer helmet with the mandatory "Do not open until 7/26/08" I also saw a couple cases of a Starfighter vehicle, not sure if that's the torrent starfighter or whatever.

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
Well I went last night with no luck..However, scummer darthbill calls me up and says that the figures they didnt sell me last night were on the shelf...
This is the problem I have with not selling you. They go to the manager's office. He/she goes home, next shifts comes in and says WTF are these doing in here and back they go to the shelf. Or they go in back stock but since they are out of case they make it back to the shelf anyway because stockers have nothing to tell them not sell them. I would say anyone who was rejected at the register go back. Most likely they are on the shelf again...

Reaction score

Which stores are allowing items to checkout?

Reaction score

Is there any reason not to hit the self-checkout lanes with these? Just scan a TAC figure, toss a Clone Wars figure in the bag, and repeat.

If you're worried about being "caught", pay in cash. And park down the street