Recent Acquisitions - The Black Series 6" (2013)

Reaction score
Got my Sandie today by calling ahead! I was going to go ahead and pick up the others but the lady in CS line ahead of me had the other three in hand!

So glad to have this hunt for this one figure OVER.

Reaction score
I got my four just now. I'm still undecided about Luke and R2, but I can decide later.

Reaction score
On Friday, I picked up R2 and Maul at Toys "R" Us in Orem, UT. They didn't get new stock in, but they had someone return them ten minutes before I called. :D

DCPI searches still show as out of stock. While some stores report having Transitional items in the back, no one is willing to go look at the pallets. But some stores last week claimed there was only Push and nothing in the back. So it seems stores are getting all their reset merch right now. Should just be a week or two. :D

Reaction score
Also, those undecided on Luke need to change that opinion. He is a MUCH better figure than Maul. But I will say the small R2 is obvious and frustrating. It would have been such a cool figure if it was the correct size.

Reaction score
I have seen tons of 3 3/4 in Sacramento but can't find a single 6inch anywhere. Apparently this series is far more popular than its smaller line or certain areas haven't received anything 6inch yet?!

Reaction score
I wonder if it is quantity produced and initial case quantities.

Reaction score
Just got the entire wave at the Metairie Target!!! DCPI said yesterday that the closest store got these in yesterday, went to check and they wouldn't check the back!!! So checked DCPI and all the stores in the area said in stock, so went to the Metairie store and they pulled them from the back for me!!! Still no 3 3/4 figures to be found yet!!!

Reaction score
Got my 6" at Toysrus Times Square today. Selling super fast. I got the second to last Luke and then some guy grabbed the last 2 or 3 Sandtroopers. Luke and Sandtrooper are the best and both are equally stunning in my opinion.

Reaction score
At least those who are on the fecne about these will have their minds made up for them once they're all gone... which will be soon...

Reaction score
I drove 40 minutes to a Target in Jersey to pick up all four from the wave still in the case! Totally worth it! :awesome:

Reaction score
Drove out to TRU Hobart IN, Burbank IL, Matteson IL, and Orland Park IL and came up with nothing. Did see tagged pegs at one store, but only new things were mission and the smaller black series. hit a few Target stores while out as well.

Reaction score
Picked up a clone pilot at a local TRU this afternoon. Nice just to see SOMETHING on the pegs

Reaction score
Picked up Luke at the Pasadena Target. They had R2 as well, but that was it. Then drove to Glendale and found Luke and Maul; both were pretty beat up though. Only one I haven't seen is Sandie, which is of course the only other one I want. :\

Reaction score
So I already got my carbo-Fett earlier in the week and he's phenominal, and today my Angry Birds SDCC set came. I just ordered it on a whim but I do have to say that it is actually extremely "cute" and does well to evoke memories of the original feel the first 12.. A specialty, niche item for sure but I don't have any regrets picking it up. In other news, I went to my local target and their Star Wars aisle is a ghost town, apparently they haven't done their reset yet

Reaction score
and today my Angry Birds SDCC set came. I just ordered it on a whim but I do have to say that it is actually extremely "cute" and does well to evoke memories of the original feel the first 12..

Kidding! :)

Got my shipping notice on the BS6" case today from BBTS. This was after getting an e-mail yesterday saying they were swamped and orders might be delayed. Whew...

Reaction score
The DCPI showed 'in stock' late last night, so I pestered the staff at a local Target (Orange, CT) this morning - fortunate that the guy with the handheld is a collector and so knew what I was looking for. It took two trips, and a couple searches on his part, but he finally found the single case they had received. I grabbed the Sandtrooper that I knew I wanted, and took a look at the others.

Luke is fantastic, but just not an iconic-enough outfit to spend $20 on - ESB Pilot outfit, Bespin, Jedi, or Farmboy would have been automatic buys, assuming equal quality. R2 is clearly too small and exhibited the same poor paint apps we've seen in so many photos - that blue line along the bottom of the dome that wanders upwards directly under his eye is a killer, as there's just no way to un-see it. Maul looks great, but I'm not going for any PT characters in this line.

Reaction score
Drove to CHI Morgan Park Target and it looked like they had just finished the reset. Picked myself up the Sandtrooper and Maul. Wanted Luke but was never a fan of that gear (though I will get it later on). Also took a look at the mission packs and the new single characters as well.

Reaction score
After a wild goose chance around town, I was able to find a lone Luke and R2 at Target. Picked up the Luke, but left R2 due to bad paint and just an overall bad sculpting.

Reaction score
Received Sandy via BBTS yesterday. The fig looks sooo cool in package. I didn't have time yesterday so maybe today I will take it out to display.

Reaction score
Freakin a I'm excited! I've been feelin a little bummed at not finding these and seeing all the acquisitions going around here, but I finally found them in a newly reset Target isle and they look great. The sandtrooper is by far the best of the bunch, it looks awesome. Luke is freaking great too, a lot better than I anticipated. The other too are nice but I'm probably not going to get them due to the same reasons as many have already stated. Anyway I'm stoked at having Star Wars figures in this scale....woo-hoo!!!

Reaction score
The DCPI search site was down this morning. But a call to Target stores here in Utah revealed they received a single case overnight. Already obtained one Sandie and have one on old at another for Lunchtime. This completes my wave collection. So people, if you are in Utah your Target stores have them NOW!

Reaction score
I checked a store yesterday that was showing In Stock on the mobile site. But there was nothing on the shelves, and their in-store device said Not In Stockroom.

How does this happen? Is there some delay in updating the online data, versus the in-store system?

Or I guess maybe the figures have been stashed in store?

Reaction score
It was in transitional stock on a cart being held for the reset. It was there, they refused to get it for you.

Reaction score
usually transitional stock is stored on pallets, there are lots of items on those pallets and the figures could be buried in there some where. I dont know about other Targets but we arent allowed to go digging in Transition pallets looking for stuff, on top of that they are usually stored high up and you need the "lift" (small fork lift) to get them down so its a pain in the butt to get em. So we dont get that stuff out until the POG team does it on reset day

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't ask anyone to go back and get it. When the in-store device said Not In Stockroom, I figured it wouldn't matter. I was just confused why it shows In Stock on the online look-up, but Not In Stockroom on the in-store device. I guess the Transition status makes sense. And maybe the reset date, which I thought was 8/4, varies from store to store?