Recent Acquisitions - The Black Series 6" (2013)

Reaction score
Walmart's, at least on the eastern part of the country, is the week of August 11th. By the by, Walmart's price changes drop for their clearance on toys August 1st ;)

Reaction score
Last week wave 1 hit all the Toys'R Us in Utah on 7/24. Picked up Luke with a damaged box on 7/25...everything else was gone. No sign at Target or Walmart.

Question, on the DCPI seach, if it is listed at Transitional, would the search come up as out of stock?
yes if they havent processed the Transition they received

Reaction score
I only wish more OT stuff was hitting the floor that day. Aside from from three 6" figures (if they even arrive by 4/6), it's almost all PT.

Reaction score
I just picked up all four of wave 1 at Target! Big thanks to whoever posted the DPCI originally! Haven't even had a chance to open them yet, but they look amazing!

Reaction score
I just picked up all four of wave 1 at Target! Big thanks to whoever posted the DPCI originally! Haven't even had a chance to open them yet, but they look amazing!

Great find! Make sure you post some definitive pictures of that R2D2!

Reaction score
So jealous! I am usually never in a rush to get a new figure to open, but I am itching to get a 6" figure in hand.

Reaction score
Will do. Just opened them up, pretty impressed with all of them...even R2!

Reaction score

Will this box have room for a good scaled Chewie or IG-88? Kind of tight IMO

Reaction score
Will this box have room for a good scaled Chewie or IG-88? Kind of tight IMO
A valid point, even Vader would be a squeeze - but I guess they could pose tall figures differently, or have taller boxes for the taller figures. How about a wave of nothing but? Vader, IG-88, Chewy and Grievous.

Reaction score
A valid point, even Vader would be a squeeze - but I guess they could pose tall figures differently, or have taller boxes for the taller figures. How about a wave of nothing but? Vader, IG-88, Chewy and Grievous.
Hasbro will probably just move the figure further down in the box so they start below the bottom strip with the name. I highly doubt they will make taller boxes, as that would create the need for different size shipping boxes. It would look funny if there are different height boxes hanging on the pegs at retail as well.

Reaction score
got my shipping notices for wave 1 from BBTS, and a SDCC Boba Fett from a fellow scummer today......I don't think anything can ruin my day today!

Reaction score
Is there a way to search DCPI at TRU or Walmart? I only know of Target's search.

Reaction score
Is there a way to search DCPI at TRU or Walmart? I only know of Target's search.
Target's item number is the DPCI, Walmart uses it's own item number. You can only search for an item on Walmart.com (obviously by name or UPC) and if there's a listing you can click "find in store" and type in your zip code. If the item is not on walmart.com obviously you can't do that. Store employees can search not only their but all stores within a given radius though for an item with their handhelds

Reaction score
Target's item number is the DPCI, Walmart uses it's own item number. You can only search for an item on Walmart.com (obviously by name or UPC) and if there's a listing you can click "find in store" and type in your zip code. If the item is not on walmart.com obviously you can't do that. Store employees can search not only their but all stores within a given radius though for an item with their handhelds
Too bad Walmart's search engine is awful... I can't find anything on that site!

Reaction score
BBTS delivered today...case of wave one figures, and I must say..they are VERY nice. This looks like a good line of product. Hope it can continue to be available. NOT Like last year.

Reaction score
picked up Luke today at TRU, only figure they had left. Looks really good.

Reaction score
EVERY Target within range of me just got these in according to the DCPI search. Looks like it's time to go hunting!

Reaction score
EVERY Target within range of me just got these in according to the DCPI search. Looks like it's time to go hunting!
That's good to hear. I just ran the DCPIs for all the new lines in my area. Almost every store has BS3.75", SL, and MS, but BS6" is COMPLETELY out of stock at all locations!

Has me a bit worried about the availability of this line. I'll probably just order a case from BBTS this weekend. Same as it ever was. :\

Reaction score
Here's the link to the DPCI Lookup: Target Mobile : Expect More Pay Less

The DPCI is: 087-06-1941

Did a quick search on the site using the Target Distribution Centers and saw a Target or two in Nevada, Arizona, and Texas have these. They've just started going out, but we should see them nationwide in the next week or so.
I feel like an idiot. Whenever I search for that DCPI number, I get a long list of products - and none of them are black series 6". What am I screwing up?

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot. Whenever I search for that DCPI number, I get a long list of products - and none of them are black series 6". What am I screwing up?
It does that to me too after I do an initial search and I hit the back button to try another search!!! Just reopen the page and try again!!! Also make sure you put in your zip code as well or else you'll get that long list every time!!! Good luck!!!

Reaction score
SDCC Boba Fett showed up on my door step this afternoon......can't wait to get home and check this guy out after all the drama there was just to get him. Thanks to a fellow scummer for hooking me up!!

Reaction score
Found entire wave 1 of all figures up here in Calgary. For Cdn $23 @ WM I am seriously debating whether I want this new scale...

Reaction score
Found entire wave 1 of all figures up here in Calgary. For Cdn $23 @ WM I am seriously debating whether I want this new scale...
I completely understand chaingunsofdoom. I will receiving my SDCC Fett this weekend, and Sandy next week. I might focus on my favorite characters from the OT. Which means I will be selling most of my 3 3/4 figs for some $$$....:wtf:

Reaction score
recent non-acquisition..... saw the entire wave at Parma, OH TRUS and passed.
Paint was kinda sloppy. Bottom line for me > There isn't anything I saw on the 6" that hasn't be done in a 4" figure

Reaction score
Found the entire wave today (Dayton, OH)...they look fantastic! Grabbed Pilot Luke, Sandtrooper, and Maul (R2's paint job was a bit sloppy, so I left him).

Seeing these up-close is whetting my appetite for more...the scale and detail are better than I expected! (Now off to cancel my Amazon preorder...;))

Reaction score
recent non-acquisition..... saw the entire wave at Parma, OH TRUS and passed.
Paint was kinda sloppy. Bottom line for me > There isn't anything I saw on the 6" that hasn't be done in a 4" figure
so I drove all the way out to Parma today after hitting the Mayfield Toys R Us and finding nothing. Not only were they not there any longer, but the employee who was in the aisle said she just cleared the back of all their Star Wars stock and replenished the shelves and added she hasn't seen any TBS 6" figures arrive in the store yet...

On another note, I'm pretty irritated that I dutifully preordered Maul and the Sandtrooper from Amazon weeks ago because the release date said August 1st. Obviously that day came and went and I can't even get them locally...

Reaction score
That's good to hear. I just ran the DCPIs for all the new lines in my area. Almost every store has BS3.75", SL, and MS, but BS6" is COMPLETELY out of stock at all locations!

Has me a bit worried about the availability of this line. I'll probably just order a case from BBTS this weekend. Same as it ever was. :\
To quote myself... :)

Finally ponied up and ordered a case from BBTS while they're still in stock. Bit of a no-brainer, since I want the whole wave and the shipping cost is preferable to driving around in the Phoenix heat for the next two weeks. Of course, now they'll probably hit huge. :p

I'm curious to see if BS6" will ever be easy to find in the wild, or if they'll always be scarce. Sure seems like the amount shipping so far is much lower than for BS3.75", SL, or MS.

Reaction score
Either I'm missing something or the DPCI checker is flat-out inaccurate. Yesterday it read "In Stock" for my local Target. I went over and punched the DPCI into a price scanner and it said "Aisle: N/A" and "In stockroom: No". I also asked a Team Member and she checked on her PDA and she said they didn't have them. A couple hours later it read "Limited Stock" and then went back to "In Stock" by this morning. I drove over again and punched the DCPI in and got the same readout I had before.

Any explanation for this? I read the posts on the last page about "transitional stock" but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Weird. :confused: