Recent Acquisitions - TAC Edition!

Reaction score
Just picked up Isabet Reau and B'Arin Ampa together for $25 on ebay. Pretty good deal considering what they usually sell for individually. I missed these sets the first go round and they're ridiculously expensive these days.

Reaction score
Ordered a carded and cased McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper for $15 shipped a few days ago from ebay. I never found this figure in the wild; and I would have ordered one years ago had I known the face/cowl piece was removeable (d'oh!). Guess it doesn't really matter though, as I likely won't open it. Now I've got my eye on the Gentle Giant mini bust!

Reaction score

...and since I've gave up on running after TFA figures, I got this one today for half the price of the impossible-to-find-new-Hasbro-stuff to finally complete and end my 30th McQuarrie collection :)

Reaction score
TAC was pretty much when Hasbro peaked with selection of characters, articulation, packaging design, etc. Still my favorite of the "modern" lines from '95 on. Many, many quality pieces...especially the McQ's.

Reaction score

Got this two moc figure in the local toys fair. What surprises me is those still available in the last day of the fair. I grabbed it immediately lol.

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.....
If anyone is looking for McQuarries, I have a full set of retail figures (8 total) for sale. Selling as a set only.
Trooper, Fett, Vader, Chewie, Starkiller, Snowie, Han, and Rebel.
PM if interested.

Reaction score
today in the mail I got boba fett McQuarrie with gold coin...for $9 off Amazon

Reaction score
I just went thru some of my chase gold coin/foil package ones from 2007...man those were great halcyon collecting days. When our county had that massive flood back in 2014(1 month after my spinal surgery...aaarrrggghhh)...I lost almost all my TAC Force Unleashed figures to water damage, though I subsequently replaced battle-damaged Vader & the the two troopers. The artwork on those figures was gorgeous, yuknow!?

Reaction score
I just went thru some of my chase gold coin/foil package ones from 2007...man those were great halcyon collecting days. When our county had that massive flood back in 2014(1 month after my spinal surgery...aaarrrggghhh)...I lost almost all my TAC Force Unleashed figures to water damage, though I subsequently replaced battle-damaged Vader & the the two troopers. The artwork on those figures was gorgeous, yuknow!?
TAC had THE best cardbacks ever. I will always stand by that.

Reaction score
Scored the 500th Vader Meditation Chamber for $3! Do you guys display it with the cover on or off?

Reaction score
I actually had two...one mint, one opened. I displayed with the plastic top piece off.

Reaction score
TAC had THE best cardbacks ever. I will always stand by that.
And useful accessories, details, removable helmets, articulations... all of this in a regular line that you could find everywhere and for less than the price of the 5poa figures of today...

Reaction score
And useful accessories, details, removable helmets, articulations... all of this in a regular line that you could find everywhere and for less than the price of the 5poa figures of today...
Without having to constantly drive to multiple locations just for a figure or two...

Reaction score
Picked up the Ultimate Galactic Hunt versions of the Airborne Trooper and Galactic Marine off of eBay the other day. Eight years of procrastination over with, and I am satisfied.

Reaction score
Got a lot of figures off Kijiji today and there were some 30th Anniversary figs in there. 2-1B Medical Droid, the orange Pit Droid 2-pack and the McQuarrie Concept Obi-Wan and Yoda 2-pack. Considering I paid $50 for the entire lot I'd say I did well just based on these 3 alone.

Reaction score
Picked up a Mandalorian Elite/Omega pack for a very good price locally. Should I open it? Or be patient?
If you're an opener, I'd say go for it. They aren't the greatest packs, but I loved them as a Mandalorian fan. If you don't open many though, I'd say its fine to keep boxed for now.

While digging around at my parents house, who have about half my collection stored there (since I started collecting seriously as a teenager and have since moved out, had my own kids, etc.), I was happy to find my carded Revan, Malak, Concept Boba, and Concept Stormtrooper. I'd been afraid they'd be messed up as they were something my mom decided to put away after I moved, but they were still in nearly perfect shape. I remember managing to get Revan and Malak off Hasbro's website very briefly, and got them pretty much because I had already bought a pair and opened them but loved them on their cards. As someone who is not generally a carded collector though, I'm debating if I should sell them off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
picked up a loose complete Lt. Jundland comic pack figure for a custom of the Rogue One Cassian Andor in Imperial Officer Disguise. I posted pics of the custom figure in the Rogue One collection thread

Reaction score

Caught the Mando Bug. I got a fever and the only prescription is more (cowbell) or Mando's!!!

Reaction score

Yesterday, received htf for reasonable price Omega Squad from a fellow Scummer. Shout out to Bubba Vader, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today I got 3 TAC Stormtroopers. I don't know why JTA hated the figure so much, I think it's fine for display purposes. I got 2 different cardbacks, could anyone tell me what the big difference is?

I also picked up a Hawkbat Battalion Clone Trooper and a Clone Trooper Officer (lieutenant) the other day. So much goodness from the line!

Reaction score
I found the Sith Legacy Darth Bane today at a flea market. He only included the cape and chest armour, but he was only 5 bucks so I couldn't pass him up. The guy had a bunch of other Star Wars stuff, but it was all quite overpriced so he must not have realized what this figure was.

Reaction score
Today I got Farmboy Luke, the Imperial R4 Droid and the Jawa with Treadwell Droid from Hunter CJ. The Luke is a lot nicer than I thought it would be, having only read JTA's scathing review of it. It'll do for a modern incarnation for now. Speaking of which, I like the Jawa that came with the Treadwell Droid but is it sacrilege to consider it a proper update to the vintage one?

Reaction score
Even though I'm in the midst of moving and selling everything but my vc falcon, at-at, legacy scout Walker, and my saga shuttle, along with keeping all my loose vintage and 1995-2017 figures and creatures. I picked up lando calrissian smuggler outfit from the big shanty flea market in kennesaw Georgia. Happy to add lando and cross another one off my wants list

Reaction score
Today I picked up the TAC Scimitar, or Sith Infiltrator as I always knew it. Obviously too small, but a really cool ship.