Recent Acquisitions - TAC Edition!

Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
684
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
I too found the tins but the only ones they had were two episode 3 ones. I picked up one. They were $30. I wish i had a camera to post pictures. It's nice to see new toys in Ohio for a change since I have not even seen endor2 figures yet
. These were also at my local Tru.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
30,961
Reaction score
183
Location
Oregon
What really makes these crude the fact I only want one figure from the first set, two from the second, and one from the third, not to mention the second and third ones have army builders in them.
 
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
0
These look really cool, but will these be considered "vintage styled figures, if so there should be around 40 now...
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2001
Messages
9,374
Reaction score
35
Location
France
Don't think they can be concidered "vintage". Some of these don't match the criteria (sculpt, articulation) such as Endor Leia or the rebel commando which can hardly be concidered as improvments over their predecesors IMO.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
0
Does no one else think that a $30 price tag is getting way overboard now?

I mean Hasbro has maybe a total cost of $15 into these things- and that is pushing it. I would say their total cost is more like $10 total.

They are charging $30 dollars? Just another nail in the coffin and reason I may soon be done with Hasbro stuff. I like being kissed before or after getting- well, you get the idea.
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
11,839
Reaction score
0
I don't think $30 is bad. The TPM set has an exclusive repaint figure, an Evolution figure, and 2 TPM figures that retailed for $7 each, plus new soft robes. Throw in the nifty Tin, and I'd value this set at about $35 if I were Hasbro.

The AOTC set has 3 (THREE) Evolution figures, one of them being an exclusive repaint, and it also has an exclusive retool. Again, throw in the Tin and that's a great deal, even at $30.

ROTS is probably the weakest value of all, but I really want an Evolutions ROTS Anakin and the SG Yoda robe.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
8,900
Reaction score
34
Location
Miami, FL
I think 30$ is a bit out of hand for those...why I won't even bother checkingh my TRU for them, would rather wait to see them somewhere else. They are suppoused to be $24.99 at Target according to DCPI.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
0
MisterKenobi said:
I don't think $30 is bad. The TPM set has an exclusive repaint figure, an Evolution figure, and 2 TPM figures that retailed for $7 each, plus new soft robes. Throw in the nifty Tin, and I'd value this set at about $35 if I were Hasbro.

The AOTC set has 3 (THREE) Evolution figures, one of them being an exclusive repaint, and it also has an exclusive retool. Again, throw in the Tin and that's a great deal, even at $30.

ROTS is probably the weakest value of all, but I really want an Evolutions ROTS Anakin and the SG Yoda robe.
No set has a new figure of any sort.

The TPM set is strictly rehashes. The Evo Maul two horrid EP1 figures and the red R2 that was part of a $100 vehicle.

The AOTC set is again rehashed garbage with one repaint.

The ROTS is yet again rehashed with one repaint.

Every single figure they have used the molds on before- some cases over and over. The Mace and Yoda are still clogging pegs as part of the H&V or GB figures.

These figures may have cost total production wise- maybe $2 a piece (that is pushing it) and the tins maybe another $2.
Add packaging and maybe another $1-2.

So therefore they are in it for $10-12? Even that is on the high side. And they are charging $30? Ok so TRU does markup everything these days. So say Target and/or WalMart is at the $25 mark, that is still ridiculous. At most these should be a $20 price point. It's garbage I mean in this now for 11-12 years how can most people (if not everyone) feel so fed up?

I wonder if beneath the figures tucked inot the tin lies a trial KY.
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
34,140
Reaction score
34
Location
Rochester, NY
Four figures at retail, regardless of whether they're rehashes or not, will cost you close to $28 (before tax). Throw in the tin and $24.99 isn't that bad.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
0
I know what you're saying Neal. Although I have been thinking Hasbro's crap has been out of hand for a while now-just I think that it's getting worse.

No one can use the oil excuse because oil has been steadily declining now. Sure these were in production before that, but let's be honest does anyone think Hasbro is changing the price point next year? I found it completely- fall off the chair- laughable during one of the Q&A's from one of the sites that they said the retailers set pricing. If that isn't one of the biggest farce statements from Hasbro in ages I don't know what is.

We've had what 50 figures in the TSC line and of those 50 how many were totally new figures? Figures clog the pegs at most stores that clogged the pegs last year, but for $2 more this time.

Hasbro's steam ship is losing steam quick. I think more people are done or one their way to saying bye to Hasbro than anything else thse days.

You can buy half of those figures in the tin sets on eBay loose for cheaper. That's sad.
 
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
583
Reaction score
0
I thought I saw somewhere that this tank gunner's helmet came off... which would make him at least somewhat new. I could be wrong.

Edit: Found the Comic-Con pics. My mistake.
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
11,839
Reaction score
0
devo73 said:
No set has a new figure of any sort.

The TPM set is strictly rehashes. The Evo Maul two horrid EP1 figures and the red R2 that was part of a $100 vehicle.

The AOTC set is again rehashed garbage with one repaint.

The ROTS is yet again rehashed with one repaint.

Every single figure they have used the molds on before- some cases over and over. The Mace and Yoda are still clogging pegs as part of the H&V or GB figures.

These figures may have cost total production wise- maybe $2 a piece (that is pushing it) and the tins maybe another $2.
Add packaging and maybe another $1-2.

So therefore they are in it for $10-12? Even that is on the high side. And they are charging $30? Ok so TRU does markup everything these days. So say Target and/or WalMart is at the $25 mark, that is still ridiculous. At most these should be a $20 price point. It's garbage I mean in this now for 11-12 years how can most people (if not everyone) feel so fed up?

I wonder if beneath the figures tucked inot the tin lies a trial KY.
You're disappointed that there's no new figures? So was I, but these really aren't bad. "Horrid" isn't a fair way to describe the TPM figs, as they still hold up fairly well today. With the added soft goods, they actually look very nice IMO. The Red droid was NOT included in the Royal Starship. It may have been the same character, but it's a different sculpt.

The AOTC set is probably the best of all 6 though, as it included 3 Evolutions figures which is a great deal since Evo sets have shot up in value, especially the Anakin and Clone sets. They are on par with VOTC or better, so I consider each Evo figure to be worth about $10. And this looks like the nicest Jango Fett we've got so far. No, it doesn't erase the need for a new SA Jango, but it's a step in the right direction if you ask me.

I agree with you on the ROTS set though. That Mace and Yoda have made their rounds, and the White AT-RT Driver is totally stupid. I'd rather have a straight repack of any Utapau, Shock, 501st, or Evo Yellow clone. But the Evo Anakin (possibly one of the best figures ever made) and the new robe for Yoda make me unable to resist.

I understand your sentiment, however as a new loose collector and semi-carded collector, these are great. I don't have most of these figs loose and I really want them.
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
5,688
Reaction score
0
so far this is only at TRU? i wonder how much longer until target or wally get them
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
900
Reaction score
0
I surely do wish someone with one of the new lightsabers would please tell me more about it...
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
4,153
Reaction score
0
Having been a carded collector and a completist, it was VERY refressing to finally tell Hasbro to go f' themselves a few years ago. I now am a non-completist AND opener, so passing on these (and a GREAT many other things the last two years) has not only saved me quite a bit of money, but allows me to avoid arguements over what Hasbro packages and charges. I only buy what I like. This is in no way a judgement against fellow collectors who can buy whatever they like as well, but is a slam on Hasbro who KNOWS there are collectors out there who WILL BUY EVERYTHING THEY PUT OUT! I see Hasbro taking advantage of those collectors. Hasbro is in this to make money. I think there are times when people have this crazy notion that Hasbro is "for the collector" and really has our best interests at heart. I also agree wholeheartedly that the repack/repaint situation will only get much worse as Hasbro tries to get all they can out of what has already been done.

I'll shut up now and let everyone pick me apart...
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
5,422
Reaction score
3
No, Indy, you are exactly right. Nothing to pick apart there!
Hasbro is in it for the money, but is there really anything wrong with that? They are a toy company, not simply a fellow SW fan.
They will play their game. It is up to us to play ours.
Just like you, my friend, I too realized about 3 years ago that completist-ism was just absolutely insane. Buying only what I like/want nowadays does for me all the things you already mentioned(money, etc), but it also saves room to display the better items and not have such a repetitive collection on my shelves. And like you said, we can now stay away from those lame-a** convos about being mad at Hasbro for repacking this, that, & the other.
 
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
0
Scored a New Tin Pack Today

Found one ROTS Tin Pack sitting on the shelf at TRU today on my lunch break, it looked so good in my hand, the 29.99 price was easier to swallow. I do agree that all of these figures have made the rounds this last year, but I still think they look nice enough to add to the colection. I'm also hoping the prices will scare people away and maybe leave some for the clearence aisle
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
911
Reaction score
0
devo73 said:
Does no one else think that a $30 price tag is getting way overboard now?

I mean Hasbro has maybe a total cost of $15 into these things- and that is pushing it. I would say their total cost is more like $10 total.

They are charging $30 dollars? Just another nail in the coffin and reason I may soon be done with Hasbro stuff. I like being kissed before or after getting- well, you get the idea.
You have to remember - everyone has to make money. Hasbro isn't charging $30 for each set - they're probably getting $15-20 at most per set from the retailers, if even that. And I would venture that their real costs are around $5-7 per tin to *produce*, not taking into account the R&D costs (paying the sculpting team, etc), so that leaves them with a $8-15 margin before taking into account overheads.

But who knows, I'm just pulling numbers out my behind.
 
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
0
Location
Erie, PA
Picked up the 1st three sets of the collectible tin sets today at the local TRU. They are pretty nice looking. Looking forward to getting the next 3 sets.
 
Joined
Oct 5, 2003
Messages
21,552
Reaction score
1
Location
Sausalito, CA
Seize9 said:
I think 30$ is a bit out of hand for those...why I won't even bother checkingh my TRU for them, would rather wait to see them somewhere else. They are suppoused to be $24.99 at Target according to DCPI.
Thnks for that bit of info. Maybe I'll wait to get them there.
 
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
0
Location
Erie, PA
MK17 said:
Seize9 said:
I think 30$ is a bit out of hand for those...why I won't even bother checkingh my TRU for them, would rather wait to see them somewhere else. They are suppoused to be $24.99 at Target according to DCPI.
Thnks for that bit of info. Maybe I'll wait to get them there.
If they show up at Target or Walmart in the next 45 days at a lower price I'll just do a quick return on one of my toy runs. Works like a charm.
 

FOO

Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Messages
1,380
Reaction score
0
Re: Scored a New Tin Pack Today

Wow a sighting in michigan! I am amazed. Do you have a SKN for these items? I would love to check the system and see if they are hitting the west side of the state.
 
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
0
Re: Scored a New Tin Pack Today

FOO said:
Wow a sighting in michigan! I am amazed. Do you have a SKN for these items? I would love to check the system and see if they are hitting the west side of the state.
The number on my receipt for the ROTS tin is 653569186236 . Rang up under SAGA Collectors Tin. This was at TRU, hope that helps.
 
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Re: Scored a New Tin Pack Today

saw all 3 at walmart today. i didnt realize that no one had gotten one there yet or i would have checked the price. i wasnt really interested in the prequel ones so i left them. they were all up on top of the aisle, i kinda randomly saw them. there was no spot for them with the rest of the sw stuff. ironically there were none at my tru today when i was there.
 

MAF

Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
4,250
Reaction score
0
Inadvertently posted this in the Saga Recent Acquisitions thread first.
Oh, well...

Picked up the spring-loaded sabers today--Vader, Luke, and Obi-Wan--at an area Wal Mart.



I remember seeing a report of these being found in Australia, but not sure if they've been reported in the US yet.
 
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
MisterKenobi said:
I don't think $30 is bad. The TPM set has an exclusive repaint figure, an Evolution figure, and 2 TPM figures that retailed for $7 each, plus new soft robes. Throw in the nifty Tin, and I'd value this set at about $35 if I were Hasbro.

The AOTC set has 3 (THREE) Evolution figures, one of them being an exclusive repaint, and it also has an exclusive retool. Again, throw in the Tin and that's a great deal, even at $30.
It's comments like this that cause Hasbro to raise prices. If they see people willing to pay this much, they'll just keep jacking up prices. If enough complain, prices will remain the same or go down a wee bit.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,356
Reaction score
64
Location
Australia
MAF said:
I remember seeing a report of these being found in Australia, but not sure if they've been reported in the US yet.
Yea I reported it to RS about them hitting here a while back nice to see they're poping up overseas
 
Top