Recent Acquisitions - TAC Edition!

GNT

Reaction score
Guess I'll get this one started since I found the first item in the new TAC (30th Anniversary Collection) range...the new Spring activated blade lightsabers are now available here (Vader, Luke and Obi-Wan) so I picked up the Vader Lightsaber for the collection. I'll wait for the others to drop in price

Hopefully it wont take to long for other TAC items to show up

Reaction score
Next ones should be vehicles (AAT, Hailfire and Sith fighter) in the next few weeks.

FOO

Reaction score
I realize your down under but what store or source did you get that through?

GNT

Reaction score
Through Kmart it was part of the toy sale which just ended...they finally turned up. The only difference here is Kmart is actually a good place to shop and always has 20% sales etc.

Reaction score
maybe in Austrailia at least. the K Mart here in Wisconsin is stuck in a chronological suspense because they still think the current wave is the Tatooine wave....

FOO

Reaction score
wow it's amazing how a store can perform completely different depending on what continent it is being run. US=sucky Kmart, AU=awesome custumer service and product availability.

Reaction score
That is insane. My Kmart is STILL stocking blue holo Carkoon waves. What the crap?!?!?!? Glad you guys have the good Kmarts, at least you got that going for you.

Reaction score
Today I picked up the complete first wave at Target.

Call me a liar, I dare you!

Looking forward to the vehicles a lot. I hope they show up next month.

Is the Target DPCI the same one for the basic Ep III vehicles (087-06-1246)? I hope they're packed alone. I plan to pick up two or three of each, and it'd sorta stink to open a case of six vehicles and find it overloaded with more Jedi Starfighters. I don't know where the basic Jedi Starfighters are selling well enough to warrant that level of distribution.

Reaction score
Lord_Atmo said:
maybe in Austrailia at least. the K Mart here in Wisconsin is stuck in a chronological suspense because they still think the current wave is the Tatooine wave....
Really? Mine's the GB wave..which is good to an extent, the ATTE Gunner's great for customs.

But back on topic...
That's a cool find GNT. I can't wait til Wave 1's on shelves though.

Reaction score
Cool congrats on the find man!!! Were they on the pegs or did you use a dcpi #?

Reaction score
Oh please tell me more about the lightsabers! I am absolutely chomping at the bit to get these. Do they really light up and make sounds? If so, how well? And how sturdy are they? What kinds of batteries do they take? Do they have belt clasps? (Not likely, I know.) Please, please, tell me more!

Reaction score
iamjangofett75 said:

If your talking about basic figures, then I call you a liar, but only because you dared me!

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Reaction score
so are you going to open it? I'm curious to see how long and how thick the blade is as well as how great the spring action really is. If so, please post pics Congrads!

Reaction score
Deeken said:
so are you going to open it? I'm curious to see how long and how thick the blade is as well as how great the spring action really is. If so, please post pics Congrads!
the lightsaber right..not the spaceball variant.

Reaction score
Quote:

Liar, liar, pants on fire! </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

LIAR LIAR!

Reaction score
Man, those lightsabers look awesome. GNT, please tell us more! I usually don't collect items like these, but if they're all the rave, I might have to change that philosophy.

GNT

Reaction score
jayhawkjake said:
Do the lightsabers have a hook to attach them to your belt.
At the moment I've left it in the box but cant see a clip (could be hidden?) The red plastic doesnt help when looking up close

Cool congrats on the find man!!! Were they on the pegs or did you use a dcpi #?

[/QUOTE]

On the shelves.

Oh please tell me more about the lightsabers! I am absolutely chomping at the bit to get these.

[/QUOTE]

I took a picture of the bottom of the packaging it makes a humming sound and lights up. "glowing arc-wave".

so are you going to open it?

[/QUOTE]

Not just yet I'll give it a few days before i decide

Guess I'll have to cause everyone wants to know more

GNT

Reaction score
iamjangofett75 said:
Today I picked up the complete first wave at Target. Call me a liar, I dare you!
I'll totally rub it in now...but speaking of Target I picked up the new TAC Commemorative packs - EP 1,2 and 3.

In the case I saw - 1 X TPM, 1 X AOTC and 2 x ROTS.

I wonder what will pop up tomorrow? Vehicles maybe?

Reaction score
I said I wasnt going to pick these up, but damn they look good.
Also like the fact there are windows on both sides of the packaging for the all around view. Guess I will be picking these up when I run across them.

GNT

Reaction score
Darth_Mahler said:
Man alive, GNT. You are going to be Mr. Popular with those commerative sets. Those looks amazing. What's the story on the OT sets?
OT sets arent available here just yet guess they dont want to flood the market with them.

The Hasbro Australia boxes they ship in...

The commemorative box measures... 38cm long x 25.5 high x 4.5cm thick (they are pretty thin) if anyone wanted to know the rough measurements.

I should of bought another one so I'd know what's on the back of the card itself.

Reaction score
Congrats again dude. I really want those sets. The ATRT looks sweet and so does the Red R2 unit.

GNT

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
Nice score GNT. I, however, take issue with the fact that they called you a forum "Member" on the front page. Aren't you considered staff?
Mistakes happen no big deal....doesnt bother me since we're all members here

When it comes to prices here you cant really compare them to the US since it will generally be cheaper where you guys are then here.

The lightsaber was bought on the last day of the toy sale for AU$55 (US$41) but retails for AU$69 (US$51) usually.

The gift packs are set to retail for AU$65 (US$48) here but they didnt scan up so I got them priced matched for the dvd 3 packs at AU$29.95 (US$22) each...bargin for me...half price!

Keep in mind figures retail here for US$11 and the vintage VOTC and TSC retail for US$18. It's pretty darn good

Reaction score
Hey there! I am the newbie in the forums so be gentle!
First off, I am moving to Australia mate! You guys got the good stuff quick! I just wanted to know if you or anyone else in this thread knows if these Lightsabers retract with the push of a button as well? Thanks one and all, and may the Force be with you...

Reaction score
There's an idea- retracting lightsabers! They'll have those next year.