Recent Acquisitions - Super Hero Toys

Reaction score
I really like that modern Batman. Everytime I pick him up, and move him around, he seems more poseable than I remember him being from the last time I handled him.

Reaction score
I got the Marvel Select Avengers: Endgame Nano-Gauntlet Hulk from BBTS today.
Mine's on the way. I still can't believe Marvel Legends dropped the ball on this one and didn't make it the Build-a-Figure for the Endgame, wave 2 figures.

Reaction score
Mine's on the way. I still can't believe Marvel Legends dropped the ball on this one and didn't make it the Build-a-Figure for the Endgame, wave 2 figures.
Yeah, I agree. I'd really like to see this figure done in the Legends line. I think we'll see it eventually (along with the "Viking" Thor), but I'm not what anyone would call a patient man.

Reaction score
found a Kenner Superman Animated Series Metallo and Superman Man of Steel Eradicator figure at a local comic shop. both mint and complete for under $7 . also picked up the DC Direct Public Enemies Metallo

Reaction score
found a Kenner Superman Animated Series Metallo and Superman Man of Steel Eradicator figure at a local comic shop. both mint and complete for under $7 . also picked up the DC Direct Public Enemies Metallo
I loved the Superman Animated Series figures and series! Very underrated, and I am not even a Superman fan per say. I own all the DVDs to that show to this day. That and the BTAS combo was a lethal pair for WB!

Metallo was so well done on that animated series too!

Reaction score
I loved the Superman Animated Series figures and series! Very underrated, and I am not even a Superman fan per say. I own all the DVDs to that show to this day. That and the BTAS combo was a lethal pair for WB!

Metallo was so well done on that animated series too!
Metallo was perhaps my favorite villain in the animated series and seriously underused. I would have loved to see him more often. The figure by Kenner is a great action figure. especially the Kyptonite feature (the speeder bike accessory is meh really but works with the figure)

Reaction score
Metallo was perhaps my favorite villain in the animated series and seriously underused. I would have loved to see him more often. The figure by Kenner is a great action figure. especially the Kyptonite feature (the speeder bike accessory is meh really but works with the figure)
Yes, he was a cold and calculating villain even when he was just Corben. Of course once he found out Luther betrayed him he spent almost as much energy trying to kill him as he did Superman.

I always thought this episode was very ROTS, and that GL was influenced by it LOL:

Reaction score
Picked up a Captain Marvel Star Force at Target for $6. Pretty good accessories, and you can head swap to make a Doctor Minn-Erva.

Reaction score
Got Punisher War Machine from Hasbro Pulse today. Glad it came within two days. Why can't all stores ship this fast?

Reaction score
He's an awesome looking figure and all the art I've seen from the story looked great too.

Reaction score
Recent Buys
Marvel:
-Captain Marvel Binary @ Walmart , for a custom. Clearanced $2.50.

-Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu @ Walmart

-Stepford Cuckoo @ Walgreens. Got her for a custom since I'm not too familiar with the characters. I was surprised to see her as I never saw a single Dani or Emma at any Walgreens.

DC:
-Signature Penguin (Batman Returns). Wasn't planning to get him, but this one was being clearanced for $13 @ Gamestop. At that price he grew on me. Still wish they had done a Michelle Catwoman.

Reaction score
I got the two Gamerverse Spiderman figures (from dorkside for $30 as a package deal) and I actually like the Velocity suit better than the red and black suit. The red and black suit looks better, but the armor hinders the movement in a way that I haven't experienced before with Legends. Still, glad I have both of them.

Reaction score
Picked up up Endgame Valkyrie from Dorkside for a crazy $8 clearance price. Shipping was only $4 so I still came out cheaper than retail if one can even find her on the pegs. She's the last figure I needed to build Bro Thor. (y)

Reaction score
finally found the MacFarlane Batman Build a Batmobile wave at Gamestop the other day along with the Hell Bat. these figures look amazing and the buildable Batmobile is a nice solid piece. I was shocked to find rubber tires on the batmobile as well as the fact that its wheels move. I was expecting this to be just a small plastic hunk or mini assemble yourself statue.

haven't had much time to look over / review the figures as of yet, hopefully later tonight I'll be able to really examine them but so far this line is pretty solid. I anxiously await to see what's in store for future waves and if those waves will comes with yet another version of the Batmobile to build.

Reaction score
According to Todd, there are at least 2 other batmobiles planned.

I picked up the animated Batman last weekend (after he's since become a lot more scarce in my area). Another quality figure. I have high hopes for this line.

Reaction score
Finally found Doctor Doom at Walmart who had put out a fresh case. Looks like 2 Dooms per case, a wise move by Hasbro since he always sells out fast. Still need a Vulture. Saw him once at Target but his eyebrows were very sloppily painted. Didn't realize he would be so popular so I regret not buying him.

Reaction score
I kept passing up the Mattel DC Multiverse Flash from The Dark Knight Returns at a discount store, then I realized the extra head it comes with is not for The Flash figure, it's a Bruce Wayne head for the Batman figure in that line. 🤦‍♂️ So,I finally picked it up. I just never paid attention at all to the figure and never gave it a second look.

Reaction score
I ordered Hellbat and Armored Superman on Target.com. Haven’t seen them in stores yet and don’t want to miss out on them. So far I got all the animated ones/Harly, Batman and Superman. Really like this line and that Azrael from toy fair looks amazing. Happy that they decided to do build a fig for now on.

Reaction score
My Marvel Legends Venom arrived from Amazon a couple days ago and then I randomly found Dr. Doom at Target yesterday.
also saw cosmic ghost rider and squirrel girl sets, Yelena and classic Back Widow but left those

Reaction score
A few days ago I found a cosmic ghost rider among 3 SquirrelGirls. Almost forgot to check, even when I was IN the toy aisle.

Reaction score
Picked up the Marvel Legends Yelena Belova and Black Widow figures from the Crimson Dynamo wave at Walmart. I think this is all I want from this wave.

We have lots of great options these days when it comes to Black Widow figures. As much as I like my Infinity War Black Widow figure, I think the regular release for the Black Widow movie is the best one now. Though, the various exclusives do come with nice accessories.

Reaction score
Found a random FFH stealth suit Spidey on clearance at Target for $5.xx
Any marvel legend for $5 clearance is a good find!

I was able to find Yelena Belova at Walgreens on Sunday. I haven't opened her yet, but the paint and facescan look GREAT. I was gonna just preorder her loose of Dorkside, but anytime I can pick a figure up on person, I'd rather.

Reaction score
found one lonely, elusive Red Hulk at Target yesterday. First time I had seen him after checking forever, so random, must've been a return

Reaction score
Got both of the McFarlane WW figures at Target. Really nice paint job on both of the figures.
Also I backed the McFarlane Spawn on Kickstarter. There’s about 12 hours left to back.

Reaction score
I backed it too! I webbed up throwing in for the classic and modern. I don't think I would have if he didn't say the modern one was getting additional sculpted parts.

I havent been to target in about a month, but I hope to soon to see if they have any WW there.

Reaction score
I backed it too! I webbed up throwing in for the classic and modern. I don't think I would have if he didn't say the modern one was getting additional sculpted parts.

I havent been to target in about a month, but I hope to soon to see if they have any WW there.
Yeah I couldn’t decide so I went with the 3 pack. All the added freebies made it hard not to pass.

I ordered the WW figures online and they are still available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found a single Black Widow Deadly Origin figure at Target this morning.

Her white outfit is definitely different.

Reaction score
Yeah I couldn’t decide so I went with the 3 pack. All the added freebies made it hard not to pass.

I ordered the WW figures online and they are still available.

It passed 3 million, so we've got another freebie coming, but he hasn't decide what yet. When he dropped the price of a single figure, that was even more incentive to gey on board.

I'll probably order her online. The regular costume version looks great. I'm sure Rhett movie will make me want the gold one though too.

Reaction score
It passed 3 million, so we've got another freebie coming, but he hasn't decide what yet. When he dropped the price of a single figure, that was even more incentive to gey on board.

I'll probably order her online. The regular costume version looks great. I'm sure Rhett movie will make me want the gold one though too.
Yeah it almost got $3.5 million which is crazy. Not sure it was smart of me to invest in this with GI Joe coming out but I’m sure I would regret it if I didn’t.

The all gold WW looks stunning but both versions needs a sword and shield.