Recent Acquisitions - Super Hero Toys

Reaction score
Found the Marvel 80 Years Thor at Walmart today. Saw an unopened 80 Years case in a stack of boxes with shrink wrap around them. I didn't ask the employees about it since I'd doubt they would help. Might try to go back tomorrow.

Reaction score
Picked up 80th Iron Man and Thor at Target and Walmart. I love the detail on the hammer and the Tony Stark headsculpt is very nice.

Reaction score
Anyone planning on getting any of the SDCC exclusives? The Pulse Premium early access day is coming up on Thursday.

Reaction score
Anyone planning on getting any of the SDCC exclusives? The Pulse Premium early access day is coming up on Thursday.
I'm going to get the Hulk. I already have the Grandmaster/Collector 2-pack on the way from ShopDisney.

Reaction score
Added the Marvel Legends 80 Years Captain America to complete the Trinity (Thor, Iron Man and Cap). Great additions to the collection.

Reaction score
Looks like the SDCC Hulk is sold out, but the Grandmaster/Collector set is still up on Pulse.

Reaction score
My ML SDCC Exclusive Grandmaster/Collector 2-pack just arrived from ShopDisney.com.
I had gotten one on ebay weeks ago, and was shocked to see they were even available on the site - that was a first as far as the exclusives go! That said, I wanted a second one to open, and was able to nab one as a Pulse Premium member earlier today. They go on sale tomorrow for everyone else.

If you're a Premium member, I checked and the 2-pack is still available. The Hulk, though, sold out almost immediately. I didn't want him, but I looked anyway after completing my order, and he was gone. For what it's worth, they went live just before noon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I chose to go after the 2-pack first. I ordered, but I should've attempted to get Hulk instead. There had to have been a small amount of the Hulk available. I wouldn't think he would be available for non-members tomorrow if he Sold Out today. But, you never know. Will check anyways.

Reaction score
I chose to go after the 2-pack first. I ordered, but I should've attempted to get Hulk instead. There had to have been a small amount of the Hulk available. I wouldn't think he would be available for non-members tomorrow if he Sold Out today. But, you never know. Will check anyways.
From what I understand (and I think it was even stated on the site), a small number was set aside for premium members today, and the rest will be made available tomorrow. In the case of the Hulk, the lower price point, coupled with the fact that a lot of people are claiming it's one of the best ever made, is likely why it's gone. Plus, for anyone collecting the anniversary versions of Thor, Iron Man, and the WM exclusive Cap, you would need this Hulk to complete the set. Unless you really want The Collector, you can still get The Grandmaster at retail, making this set less desirable.

Now, hopefully when the SW ones go on sale in a few weeks, I can get that second Fett I want to open. I would not be surprised to see that one sell out as fast as, if not faster than Hulk did.

Reaction score
Got my Hasbro Pulse order of the Collector/Grandmaster 2-Pack today. The box was just barely big enough for it. Luckily the box wasn't crushed, or it would've bitten the dust. Other than that, I like the combo set. I didn't buy the Korg/Grandmaster set, so I was good with getting him this way.

Reaction score
I totally miscalculated the demand for the Grandmaster/Collector 2-pack. I ordered it way early from RobotKingdom when I really didn't have to. Could have saved on shipping and a slight mark up. All the reviewers kept talking about how Benicio Del Toro doesn't usually allow his likeness to be used on merchandise and that this limited SDCC run was the only chance to get this character, etc. But, I supposed people really don't care about the character after all. I was interested in him because he's a GotG character.

Reaction score
Oh man! I got my Marvel Legends 1:1 scale, wearable, Iron Man helmet from BBTS. Really cool!

Reaction score
Picked up the 2 Ragnarok sets for $30 each. The Thor and IM were $15. Someone stole all the blast effects from the IM.🙁

Reaction score
Finally found Emma Frost at a Walgreens today. Took a couple weeks of looking and I’m happy the search is over with.

Reaction score
I picked up 80th Iron Man for $15 at Wal-Mart today. Wow, the QC issues on this one! Their arms were assembled wrong at the bicep, the legs needed turned around, the unmasked head's hair wasn't on all the way, gold paint overlapping the 'mouth' on the helmet, and black paint on the same helmet. His arm was also frozen, I had to completely disassemble it and put it back together!

Glad I got it on clearance and had an hour to kill to clean it up!

I just may go back for 80th Cap tomorrow...

Reaction score
I honestly think Hasbro is probably having trouble keeping up with demand that they are either pushing the factory in China to hard and they are getting sloppy, or they are reaching out to other factories that maybe aren't has good as their primary one for action figures. I've just never seen such sloppy work on a great deal of the Marvel Legends figures. The Star Wars stuff is generally much better.

Reaction score
I totally agree, I've come to pretty much the same conclusion. I think it started with the first wave of Retro figures, they just feel like they're made out of different plastic or something...

Reaction score
The main issue I noticed with 80th IMs are the sloppy painted small yellow circles on his chest. And on Thor, his silver chest discs - I finally found a near perfect one, but then I saw his wristbands were a mess. On Madripoor Wolverine his eye mask is often not centered well. On a positive note, my BBTS Storm order came and her feet are correct this time.

Reaction score
Hmmm these recent Walmart Marvel clearance prices make me think that a big SW section is coming back soon. They need to clear out the Marvels to make room. Most Walmart stores have the Marvel section in 2 spots, one being for Retro, 80th, and 2 packs, the other for standard Legends and basic figs/titan heroes/role play.
AgentClaret thanks for thinking of me, I would have bought her and just swapped the heads because the head on my messed up one is perfect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I honestly think Hasbro is probably having trouble keeping up with demand that they are either pushing the factory in China to hard and they are getting sloppy, or they are reaching out to other factories that maybe aren't has good as their primary one for action figures. I've just never seen such sloppy work on a great deal of the Marvel Legends figures. The Star Wars stuff is generally much better.
make 'em in 'merica.

Reaction score
Got my Mafex Iron Spider the other day. Really nice, but heard the appendages on his back are delicate. I'll need to be extra careful.

I'd like to test out the magnetic hands and feet to simulate web crawling, but I'm afraid it will fall and something will break. :\

Reaction score
My Agent Anti-Venom just came in from Dorkside Toys. Looks good. Now to do some research and find out when this happens in the Marvel-verse.