Recent Acquisitions - Super Hero Toys

Reaction score
I have never ordered from Dorksidebefore. I placed an order back in February which was a preorder forthe professor x and deadpool as well as beast. After the release dateof the professor x /Deadpool set I contacted them and discovered thatthey save things to ship together. No big deal right? I wait andbeast gets released. Now I am told they didnt save my professorx/deadpool combo and they are waiting to ship the beast till more ofthose come in. Then I am told that a pre order is not aguarantee of an item and they can not guarantee that I willget the professor x/deadpool set. Basically this was the first andlast time I will ever order form them. In the meantime I am stilllooking for these figures locally now as I passed on them at onetime.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Argh, I wish you'd have asked here first! Dorkside is awful and the only reason anyone does business with them is because they get preorders up fast. They ship out late if at all. I cant believe they are so popular and will never miss an opportunity to take them down a notch,

Reaction score
According to Gamestop last month, they weren't getting anymore Professor X sets after their initial shipment because he was already marked as discontinued (and limited) in their computer. If true, I imagine other retailers are facing the same issue and will eventually cancel current preorders. Its strange though because Wolverine/Logan/Patch on Motorcycle was available for over a year. Although I never saw him at retail.

Reaction score
I've ordered from DorkSide numerous times and I've never had an issue with them. There are times they get new items in later than others, but for the most part they're earlier or around the same time. I'm sorry some of you have had issues with them, but for me, it's simply not the case.

Reaction score
Got a Death Star Trooper from the Smithfield Walmart... then, unusually, had buyer's remorse as I realized I have enough of this particular trooper, so I returned him to the one here in Garner. He's been put on the shelf amidst the Hans, Landos and DJs - the only other Black Series figures this Walmart has had since before May.

Reaction score
picked up Mary Marvel from the SHAZAM figures. decent headsculpt that sadly falls short to the way the hair sits on the left shoulder. sadly the hair makes the figure have a sorta permanent head tilt.

Reaction score
Got a Death Star Trooper from the Smithfield Walmart... then, unusually, had buyer's remorse as I realized I have enough of this particular trooper, so I returned him to the one here in Garner. He's been put on the shelf amidst the Hans, Landos and DJs - the only other Black Series figures this Walmart has had since before May.
And only now do I realize this was in the wrong thread... O_O

Reaction score
I've ordered from Dorkside several times with no issues.

According to Gamestop last month, they weren't getting anymore Professor X sets after their initial shipment because he was already marked as discontinued (and limited) in their computer. If true, I imagine other retailers are facing the same issue and will eventually cancel current preorders.
Yeah, but this is Gamestop, they don't even know about their own Exclusives half the time...

picked up Mary Marvel from the SHAZAM figures. decent headsculpt that sadly falls short to the way the hair sits on the left shoulder. sadly the hair makes the figure have a sorta permanent head tilt.
You know they totally missed the boat with Shazam, they could have released the whole rainbow bunch!

Reaction score
Really pleased with the Infinity War poster I got off of Amazon. The frame is a cheap one I got from Michael's since it was 50% off. My #1 MCU movie, possibly my new #1 favorite movie period. It was hard to take a pic without getting a lot of reflection. My apologies. In person it looks much nicer. The image is actually quite sharp and crisp. It's just the reflection didn't let the camera focus easily.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks, I picked the following Marvel Legends:

Silver Sable (Walmart)
Black Cat (Walmart)
Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter) (Dorkside Toys)
Doppleganger Spider-Man (Dorkside Toys)
Hydra Supreme/Arnim Zola 2-Pack (Best Buy)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought Shuri (Hulk BAF wave) at a GameStop today. They also had War Machine from that wave. Got the Amazon X-Men Family Matters 3-pack delivered yesterday.

Reaction score
I have never ordered from Dorksidebefore. I placed an order back in February which was a preorder forthe professor x and deadpool as well as beast. After the release dateof the professor x /Deadpool set I contacted them and discovered thatthey save things to ship together. No big deal right? I wait andbeast gets released. Now I am told they didnt save my professorx/deadpool combo and they are waiting to ship the beast till more ofthose come in. Then I am told that a pre order is not aguarantee of an item and they can not guarantee that I willget the professor x/deadpool set. Basically this was the first andlast time I will ever order form them. In the meantime I am stilllooking for these figures locally now as I passed on them at onetime.
I've ordered from DorkSide numerous times and I've never had an issue with them. There are times they get new items in later than others, but for the most part they're earlier or around the same time. I'm sorry some of you have had issues with them, but for me, it's simply not the case.
I was a big fan of Dork Side until I had a very similar scenario to what trappedtexan described. I liked that they sell loose pieces and also will discount pegwarmer figures more proactively than other places, but the experience I had and their blase attitude really put me off them.

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that over the weekend I found a Marvel Legends IW Iron Man at Walmart. Not sure how it ended up on the pegs after all this time, but I was happy to pick it up.

Looking at the Iron Man figure I wonder if anyone has had success applying a clear coat to the figure to try to make it more metallic and shiny. To me, it looks a bit too dull and plastic looking.

Last edited:
Reaction score
picked up a large box of old Toybiz figures at a yard sale over the weekend and found some awesome figures buried in the mix:

Spiderman Animated Series:

Green Goblin
Nick Fury
Punisher
Kingpin
Famous Couples Mary Jane Watson / Peter Parker
Venom (removable Mask)
Carnage (removable Mask)
J Jonah Jameson (with transforming Spider slayer desk)

Spiderman (Tobey Maguire movies):

J Jonah Jameson
Peter Parker
Mary Jane Watson
Norman Osbourne
SA Green Goblin with glider
Venom Symbiote Ooze Attack figure

Marvel Superheros:

Hob Goblin
Punisher (Vinyl Coat)

Reaction score
OK, after running around town today I completed my BAF smart Hulk. Found them between Gamestop, Target, and Walmart. Glad to get that out of the way. I think I have everything I initially set out to get when I got into Marvel Legends at the beginning of the year. Now everything I get from hear on out is really just icing on the cake. ;) I still hope to get a Power and Glory Captain America, but I'm not holding my breath. I have the 1st 10 Years version that came with Crossbones, so I'm good if I never find it. Now, I'm looking forward to those great MCU 2-packs that are coming our way.

On the Target front, I've been seeing the Captain Marvel wave marked for clearance for $10. I picked up a Captain Marvel Starforce (Target exclusive) and a young Nick Fury. I passed on the rest of the wave. I got the Starforce Marvel mainly to make the Minn-Erva figure and it's got a good weapon accessory. Also, any Sam Jackson figure is a good figure to get in my book. :) And, again, he comes with a good weapon accessory.

Target also got in the Far From Home wave. I was considering picking up a couple of figures, but I ultimately passed on all of them. Not really interested in any of those characters. Mysterio is a cool figure, but completing my Hulk BAF was top priority for me. Can't buy everything. I really prefer the Homecoming Spider-Man suit in any case, and I got that in my Pile of Loot from BBTS. Plus I got both the Mafex Spider-Man figures (Iron Spider and Homecoming) on pre-order. Really don't need any other Spider-Man.

I also noticed a couple of Targets in my area got in more of the Endgame 2-pack with Hawkeye and Black Widow. One store had 3 of them and another had 4. So, if people missed out the 1st round you have more chances to get it. You can probably order it online I imagine.

Regarding, my Hulk BAF wave, I had to exchange the Shuri figure as the 1st one I bought had a wonky right eye that was painted slightly too high on her face. The eyebrow paint was completely off the molded eyebrow bump on her forehead, so you can imagine how off the rest of the eye was. Not sure how I didn't notice it when I first bought it. Just a warning to anyone looking to pick her up.

Reaction score
Got my Pile of Loot from BBTS today. Included in the shipment was a Homecoming Spider-Man (tech suit) and the GotG2 Rocket Racoon/baby Groot figure. I noticed the Spider-man was Japanese release as it had a large sticker on the back with the usual legal jargon, but in Japanese.

Reaction score
The latest wave War Machine kind of grew on me, so I finally picked it up at Target today. I don't have any War Machine figure, so I figures I should just get it.

Also, the Target I was at had the Colossus/Juggernaut 2-pack. And, this was a 3rd Target that had the Hawkeye/Black Widow Endgame 2-pack as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just ordered the 10 Years Ultron figure from Best Buy for $8 with free shipping to store.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-avengers-age-of-ultron/6259610.p?skuId=6259610

I noticed the Black Panther wave is also on clearance for $10, but "styles may vary" and you can't ship to store. So, a pass for me. Not sure if anyone will have different options depending on their location, but I'm not that interested to look into it.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-legends-series-6-black-panther-figure-styles-may-vary/6257839.p?skuId=6257839

Reaction score
You're killing me, none of this 80th stuff is hitting in Michigan yet! I can't wrap my mind around it; product ships from Asia, presumably arrives in West coast ports, makes it's way east, then completely skips the Great Lakes and hits in like NY and SC, etc...

Weird!

Reaction score
Saw the Iron Man/Iron Spider 2-pack yesterday at my local Target, but was unable to purchase due to the Sunday street date. The register wouldn't take it and gave back the message regarding the street date. The cashier had the items pulled from the shelf until Sunday. Not too worried about it because all the Targets in my area have them in stock now. Really glad this is a Target exclusive. Never had trouble finding any of the Target exclusive items for Marvel Legends.

On a different note, I recently purchased the Marvel Legends 3-pack with Infinity War Iron Man, Thanos, and Dr. Strange. I got an e-mail asking me to review it which I did. I gave it a middle rating due to really messed up paint apps on the eyes of the angry Thanos head. The paint completely missed his molded eye sockets and were printed on his lower eye lid and below. A few days later I got a response from their customer service regarding my review. It was totally unexpected. They asked me to send a picture of the issue and a code that is molded on the bottom of the figure. I decided to comply not really expecting much, maybe some credit to be used on a future order perhaps. A few days later I got a reply saying that I would be getting a replacement figure sent to me within the next few days. They didn't even ask me to send anything back. Really surprised that they did that. If this all works out, I will for sure change my review if possible and order from them again in the future. Just wanted to share a pretty good customer experience for a change.

Reaction score
Just a follow up to my Hasbro Pulse experience regarding the 3-pack with IM, Thanos, and Dr. Strange. I received a brand new 3-pack from Pulse today. Again, they did not even ask me to send back the 1st one I received. This time the Thanos head has decent paint apps on the eyes. No complaints, and really surprised and delighted that the Pulse costumer service took care of me like that. Wasn't really expecting much. Maybe some kind of credit I could use toward future purchases. Never expected them to just send a whole new set like that. There is one thing and that is the Dr. Strange on this new set has the eyes painted way too high. His eyes are painted completely above his molded eye sockets. LOL! I can laugh about it now because the Dr. Strange from my 1st set is good. So, between the 2 sets I have one good Thanos and one good Dr. Strange. Both Iron Man figures are good, but I honestly don't care about that figure. I have other figures of that armor now which are superior.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance this evening.

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a mego batcave for under 100. Missing bat computer.

Is this a fair cost

yes it’s 1974 and not retro
no box and in nice shape no tears

Reaction score
The following Marvel Legends arrived today from Target.com:

Colossus/Juggernaut
Hela/Skurge
Luis/Ghost
80th Anniversary Iron Man
80th Anniversary Thor

Reaction score
Walmart finally reset the toy aisle today. Bought the Retro X-Men set and the Wendigo BAF Marvel Legends. Also purchased the impressive Juggernaut/Colossus set. They had 80th Cap and 3 different 2 packs also (2 from Ragnarok, 1 from Antman & the Wasp) which I passed on. I originally only wanted Sinister and Nightcrawler, but I got the rest to build Wendigo after seeing how nice it looks. I still hate the head but I hope one day to replace it (perhaps Hasbro will do a classic head pack in somewhere). Most of us know the Wendigo from the First appearance of Wolverine issues of the Hulk comics, so why they didnt model him after that look is beyond me. That very same comic's Hulk/Wolvie figure set is out at the same time. Would have been a perfect pairing. Duh Hasbro!