Recent Acquisitions - Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2016)

Reaction score
Saw some TLJ stuff on a pallet at my Base Exchange today. Looked like they had some of the plush Porgs (box was labelled Beak something or other/plush) and something labelled EP8 "rippers" (?). I didn't bother trying to get anything or have anyone open them. They did have a flyer advertising that they are participating in Force Friday II though, but I don't think they will be opening at midnight.

Reaction score
Grabbed a Force Link Starter thingy at Walmart. Why can't Walmart get their stuff together?

Reaction score
One less thing to get on Thursday...some Walmarts around here have been pretty good about not putting stuff out early, some other stores not so much.

Reaction score
Whoever rang me up didn't care apparently...the price came up and everything, she just overrode it like it was no big deal.

Reaction score
I did a price scan on the a-wing at the Decatur AL Walmart and it said see associate.So I guess I can't get anything till sept 1st.

Reaction score
had rathtar and imperial probe droid in my hands today, blocked by walmart register, managers would not override!

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Webster City and Tama....

So I took a trip to my hometown of Webster City yesterday for a fantasy football draft (reigning and defending champion of the league thankyouverymuch) and on our way out of town I stopped in the Shopko they have. They had two each of the X-Wing Poe Dameron And Hux as well as one each of the Han / Fett and Ray / Snoke's Guard two packs. I left them there.

So today I wander over to Tala's Shopko and they also had two each of the Poe and Hux figures as well as one Jedi Master Luke figures. I picked him up and it rang up with no problem whatsoever.

Corman

Reaction score
Is this 'lead paint' reason suppose to be some kind of placeholder restriction to prevent sales as some kind of shock factor? I'm a bit surprised it hasn't made CNN or the Better Business Bureau. :p
I was told that the reason code in Walmart's system is actually the code for "recalled due to lead paint", which is really stupid. As someone pointed out, some mother who's next in line hears that and most likely will not be buying Star Wars toys for their kids as hearing something like that would set off alarm bells.

Reaction score

Well third times a charm I guess. 2 weeks ago I was denied at Kmart, and denied again last week at Walmart. But Shopko just let me pick it up during my lunch. Happy to get larger things out of the way early so I have less to carry during this week's Midnight run.

Reaction score
The East Brunswick Walmart had the Force Link w/Kylo Ren out. Tried just for the hell of it, but it wouldn't scan. The girl at Customer service tried, but couldn't understand why, so I explained to her that these weren't supposed to be out yet, that it was no big deal I couldn't buy it, but that if they didn't pull them from the shelves, this would happen with other customers. No idea if they actually pulled them from the peg.

Reaction score
The East Brunswick Walmart had the Force Link w/Kylo Ren out. Tried just for the hell of it, but it wouldn't scan. The girl at Customer service tried, but couldn't understand why, so I explained to her that these weren't supposed to be out yet, that it was no big deal I couldn't buy it, but that if they didn't pull them from the shelves, this would happen with other customers. No idea if they actually pulled them from the peg.
Found them too last night at Wal mart in Howell. Didn't scan, didn't bother trying, wasn't worth the hassle

Reaction score
Not an acquisition, but a sighting... Local Wal-Mart had some TLJ stuff out on the shelves today. They had the BB-8/Star Destroyer playset, whatever that air speeder with Poe is called, a NERF gun, some remote controlled BB-8, and a few other non Hasbro items. Didn't attempt to purchase anything though.

Reaction score
I scored a rathtar today at Walmart, they had all the toys out but the registers are still blocking them a nice manager help me out and did the override for the rathtar

Reaction score
Managed to score Luke,Rey,Paige,Hux,Rose and Finn 3.75....and that's it! Nothing else out on shelves, except for the Poe Dameron fighter which at £50 was a bit steep for me. Total washout at toys r us as the delivery truck had not arrived and was told they would turn up today 'at some point', shocking display for an event this hyped.

Reaction score
WM only had two of each figure. Got everyone I wanted. Skipped single packed Rey, chewie and stormtrooper. So underwhelming. Tons of force link though. Like twenty...

Reaction score
Pulled up at Target today at 7:55. Several guys waiting at front door. At 8, it opened, I was the only one in the SW aisle.

Picked up BS6 Hera, Thrawn, Executioner Stormtrooper. Saw the rest...passed.

Picked up Rose and Paige and Rey/Crimson Guard two pack. Passed on the rest....they all look the same as Force Awakens.

Picked up Raththar and Ski Speeder. There was one of each.

Saw the BB8 playset - passed. Neat, but too expensive.

Went to Walmart. No one in the aisle. No 3-3/4 figures or playsets at all. Lots of Lego, lightsabers and 6 inch Black Series.

I did pick up the 6 inch Landspeeder and Rey's speeder. Cool sets.

ANd oh yeah, picked up the electronic Porg. Too funny!

ksg

Reaction score
Had a shot at all the 3-3/4 figs this morning at Kroger
. Didn't want them all. Took two Lukes, two Kylos, Chewy, C3PO, Stormtrooper.

Reaction score

Had a quick in and out at WM, thought I would have to go to more stores. Think I got everything 3.75 wise ( I don't do cehicles).

Reaction score
Last night was kind of a bust at TRU. Luckily Chewie and the Han/Boba 2 pack had no interest from everybody, which is good because after Luke they were at the top of my list. But stock was low, and I was maybe 5th or 6th in line so missed out on Poe, Rose, Kylo, Rey, and, worst of all, Luke.

So I woke up early this morning and hit up Wal-Marts, halfway expecting to find nothing, but it was a way to kill time before Target opened. First two were a bust. First only had some cardboard cutouts set up, but no product. Second one only had ForceLink things and the speeders and centerpieces set up. Didn't expect them to have everything set up by 7, and I know that there's other things to stock in a big store, so no biggie. Luckily the third one I hit had the jackpot. They had about 2 of each 3.75" figure so I picked up the remainders. Also had all the 6" Black Series so I picked up Hera because that line is severly lacking aliens.

Hopefully the stores are able to get more stock in soon because I think alot of people will be missing guys like Luke and Kylo this Force Friday.

Reaction score

I got everything I was after except Luke at the first wal-mart I went to. They were (had been) moderately stocked, no vehicles, 3.75" there was no Luke, Rey and one Kylo. They only had one probe droid and the box was dented on the corner, I picked it up anyway, figures were fine, albeit the antennas were a little bent (even though they were nowhere near the dented corner??).

Next Wal-mart had a big beautiful center aisle display loaded with 6" speeders, FOD dolls, lightsabers, centerpieces, die cast figures, odds and ends, went to the action figure aisle... and just a wall of empty pegs and a few old 6". Bust

Target was well stocked, there were at least two of all the main characters, got my Luke and the fellow that turned down the other end of the aisle as me got the other one. He went off to raid the 6" display for Thrawn and Luke. I was going to pick up Rey but both had poor paint apps so I'll wait on her.

Decided to hit TRU just to see what was there since they were opening soon. Pretty sparse figure wise. No Lukes, Reys, or Kylos, I think everyone else was represented. And they did have all the vehicles and the playset. Interestingly TRU also had the Maz/General Leia/etc 6" wave which I had seen no sign of anywhere else.

Only saw two other probe droid sets across the three stores. Plenty of Rathtar's and a kings ransom of Force Link bracelets. I'm not usually a 'waiting for clearance' guy but I feel pretty secure these (FL sets) will be under $10 at some point a few months from now.

A fun run all in all. And I don't know what kind of plastic they're using for the robes/coats, but mmmboy does it have 'new action figure' smell. :)

Reaction score
I bought the A-Wing at Target. I would have bought more, but I need the $30 I had left to get gas on the way home.

Reaction score
Here's my haul for today. The Revell X-wing was actually picked up Thursday night on clearance at a Kmart that is closing.

Reaction score
Went to Target's Midnight opening and was able to get all BS 6" wave one , all the 3.75" figures and a Luke centerpiece. They had a drawing for two giant porgs, didn't win. Crowd was excited and really friendly. People were helping each other out to find what they were looking for. Target people were very helpful and friendly despite having to work the midnight shift.

Stopped by Walmart afterwards --- really sucked big time. Not only did they not have much out, the aisle's were roped off as someone was buffing floor. Very unfriendly workers also. No TLJ BS6 or speeders or CP.

TRU didn't even open. Went there at opening time in the morning and got a Luke w speeder, Darth Vader CP and the Commander Gree. No Rey with speeders. Not much else except a few 3.75", but no new BS6 and 140 TFA and R1 BS6. Looked like they might have had some leftovers from BS6 wave 2 (the 2 reissues). Don't know how since I was first in door.

Also scored the SDCC exclusives from HTS!!! Almost didn't due to IE not letting me finish checking out. Fortunately logged back in with Firefox and was able to finish transaction. I am finely convinced to stop using it, like ever one else. CC got charged twice so have to get HTS to fix that.

Reaction score
Found 6" Hera, Thrawn, Luke, Rey, Stormtrooper, Vader and Kylo Ren at the South San Jose Walmart. Plenty of Hot Wheels starships, BS Landspeeder/Rey speeder, and Centerpiece there too. Picked up a Funko Porg at a nearby Target. Also picked up a Interatech Stormtrooper for $4.45 at Kohls in the clearance area. For some reason, Chewie seems to be MIA on my runs.

Reaction score
Found everything I was looking for between Wal-Mart and Target this morning. Found all the figures minus the Kenobi and Yoda, passed on the Canto Bright Speeder. Picked up the 6" Hera, Thrawn, Luke, Executioner Stormtrooper, and the SDCC Thrown. BB-8 playset, A-Wing, TIE Silencer, Rathtar, Probe Droid, and the 2 packs. Also hit up the Disney Store and picked up the Elite Luke as well

Reaction score
My mini haul today... Will likely add a few more tomorrow

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that loose 3pi is Disney bad arrived in mail today. My final disney protocol bad.#22

Reaction score
Based on stock levels from the previous Force Fridays, I had no intention of a midnight run. Got up early, but had to mow the lawn before work and did not head out until about 9am. Hit the Target on my way to work, just to check things out. Had no idea what would be releasing today.

I was pleasantly surprised to see relatively full pegs for the 3.75" figures in the toy aisle. "Old Man Luke" caught my eye right away, then the new Rey. Chewie wih a porg, some new Resistance characters, and some repacks like the First Order Stormtrooper. At this point I just starting grabbing one of each. All told I ended up with 11 singles, and the Praetorian Guard two-pack.

Took a look at the display in the back corner of the store. There was some neat stuff, but nothing else I had to have. I try to limit myself to the 3.75" line to have some fiscal responsibility. ;) The "Spend $100 and get a $25 gift card" offer was enough of an incentive to pick up the "Star Wars Destiny" game; basically for $4.95. It looks fun.

I was on my motorcycle with a backpack, so packaging things up to survive the ride to work was an adventure in itself, but everything arrived safely.

Pretty sure I missed the 6" Thrawn and Herra figures, because I saw pictures in the thread and they look AMAZING!