Recent Acquisitions - Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2016)

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The countdown to September 1st, 2017 is on. Post your most recent finds & purchases for The Last Jedi right here!

Reaction score
I think we should open a thread for "Recent Declined Purchases" LOL. Over the last 2 weeks I've been denied purchase of the A-Wing twice at K-Mart and Walmart. I hate to act entitled but it's not my fault if someone puts this stuff on the shelf. Just sell it to me.

Reaction score
I think we should open a thread for "Recent Declined Purchases" LOL. Over the last 2 weeks I've been denied purchase of the A-Wing twice at K-Mart and Walmart. I hate to act entitled but it's not my fault if someone puts this stuff on the shelf. Just sell it to me.

I agree with you RaptorBandito... if the store puts out the merchandise on the shelf before the street date than that customer should be allowed to buy it. it's the fault of the store not the consumer.

Reaction score
I agree with you RaptorBandito... if the store puts out the merchandise on the shelf before the street date than that customer should be allowed to buy it. it's the fault of the store not the consumer.
Exactly! After my experience yesterday, it bugs me even more when I see other US Walmarts not only putting stuff out early, but putting them in clearance, with prices, and people being able to buy them (See a recent thread on JTA). Like I said, I wasn't going to get into a ridiculous argument over it, but I'm also surprised that particular store even cared, seeing as how most WM employees otherwise don't care, as long as you're making a purchase.

Reaction score
Exactly! After my experience yesterday, it bugs me even more when I see other US Walmarts not only putting stuff out early, but putting them in clearance, with prices, and people being able to buy them (See a recent thread on JTA). Like I said, I wasn't going to get into a ridiculous argument over it, but I'm also surprised that particular store even cared, seeing as how most WM employees otherwise don't care, as long as you're making a purchase.
Have you tried going thru the self check out and bringing and old star wars item priced about the same. Then just scanning it multiple times? Then technically you paid for everything.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anything in the New England area? I have been looking at my local stores for the last month, and haven't seen anything except "Rogue One" figures. And clearanced "Force Awakens" figures. So many clearanced Zuvios...

Reaction score
Saw a bunch of TLJ stuff at Walmart in Brimfield, Ohio yesterday, but I didn't try to buy anything. No basic figures, though.

Reaction score
Have you tried going thru the self check out and bringing and old star wars item priced about the same. Then just scanning it multiple times? Then technically you paid for everything.
Not a chance! Besides the fact that there weren't exactly non-TLJ toys there that could even be close in price, I remember someone posting on here that they did it with figures one time, and got a visit from the security officer banning them from the store. I actually DID go to the self-checkout, but the lady manning the service register would not sell them to me, even when I played dumb and asked why they couldn't sell something that was on the sales floor, and I warned her that if they didn't pull them, she'd risk dealing with more customers like me trying to buy them.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anything in the New England area? I have been looking at my local stores for the last month, and haven't seen anything except "Rogue One" figures. And clearanced "Force Awakens" figures. So many clearanced Zuvios...
Where in New England are you from?

Reaction score
Saw a case of basic figures on a pallet at Walmart yesterday morning. I did pop the case open just to check them out. They had the mid sized and lager vehicles I would assume the TIE Silencer and the A-wing. The stuff is going to be out in force(no pun intended)next Friday.

Reaction score
The Last Jedi 3.75" figures are at the Providence RI Walmart. I tried buying Paige through selfscan, it said to set item aside. An associate came by and said they were on recall so I couldn't buy them. I didn't have time to discuss it with him as I had to get to work. This was the same associate who allowed me to buy the 3.75" Royal Guards last Force Friday a day early.

I'll try again after work lol.

Reaction score
I recall the figure leaks at one Walmart during Rogue One. For some peculiar reason, only half of the wave were able to scan at the register. Over the next couple days, I ran into the same Hasbro rep with an assistant at 3 Walmarts. And yeah, I overheard some lecturing too between Hasbro and Walmart in the next aisle.

Reaction score
So it looks like the case breakdown for the 'hero' assortment is probably x2 each.

Reaction score
Wow! Quite a few of you guys are able to purchase these at Walmart. So you're obviously getting some sort of override from a manager? Any of these Last Jedi figures or vehicles are not sellable until September 1 according to the Walmart computer system.

Reaction score
My daughter found figures out on the pegs at Fremont Walmart (by Osgood Rd if any Bay Area folks want to check it out). I wasn't there at the time, but she took some pics for me as proof. She also got pics of the R2-D2 build a droid set on the shelf too.

Reaction score
Not sure if these Walmarts haven't been scoped out by the Hasbro or they just don't care. There was one I saw at several San Jose, CA Walmarts going about during the Rogue One leaks. She was with an assistant and made sure they didn't get put out.

Reaction score
found a lone Rey figure last night at the Walmart in Old Bridge NJ but it wouldn't scan :(
Was it the one on 9, or the one on 18? I got skunked at the one on 9, but did not see any of the single-carded figs. The fact you found just that one tells me either someone WAS allowed to buy them, or they missed it while clearing the shelves.

Reaction score
Was it the one on 9, or the one on 18? I got skunked at the one on 9, but did not see any of the single-carded figs. The fact you found just that one tells me either someone WAS allowed to buy them, or they missed it while clearing the shelves.
the one on 9. my thoughts exactly... since she was the only one on the pegs (and in a clearance box on a shelf no less) I'm thinking someone was able to buy the rest. when I brought it up to the register the associate refused to sell it to me and was actually pulling off some of the TLJ pops that were stocked as well. I was able to see the POP for TLJ Luke

Reaction score
the one on 9. my thoughts exactly... since she was the only one on the pegs (and in a clearance box on a shelf no less) I'm thinking someone was able to buy the rest. when I brought it up to the register the associate refused to sell it to me and was actually pulling off some of the TLJ pops that were stocked as well. I was able to see the POP for TLJ Luke
That also means someone in the toy department there is clueless, since this is two years in a row stuff went out early. I just hope that Yakface article doesn't ring true, or else it's going to be a disaster come next week if the stores have no stock, never mind what they put out early. If someone DID get to buy the other ones early, I'd love to know how they got away with it. Scanning other merchandise, as some have suggested, is a good way to get a visit from security.

Reaction score
Found the whole basics wave at Walmart in Cedar Knolls (for you NJ guys)

Tapped by a Pixel XL

Reaction score
Found the whole basics wave at Walmart in Cedar Knolls (for you NJ guys)

Tapped by a Pixel XL
A fellow New Jersey collector found a lot of TLJ stock at another WalMart store, but got denied at the register. Not surprised by that. But I was surprised by the really dumb lie the WalMart manager used: "Oh, these got recalled because of lead paint". SMH

Reaction score
A fellow New Jersey collector found a lot of TLJ stock at another WalMart store, but got denied at the register. Not surprised by that. But I was surprised by the really dumb lie the WalMart manager used: "Oh, these got recalled because of lead paint". SMH
ha... that's what the manager of the Old Bridge store said as well. recalled for lead paint. I corrected him by saying no you broke street date and they are not supposed to be sold till 9/1. lol

Reaction score
Is this 'lead paint' reason suppose to be some kind of placeholder restriction to prevent sales as some kind of shock factor? I'm a bit surprised it hasn't made CNN or the Better Business Bureau. :p