Recent Acquisitions - Saga Legends and Rebels

Reaction score
It's the other way around over here, but I'm not going to make assumptions about which line is selling better because that would be stupid. We all know that retail performance in your local area has nothing to do with how popular a figure is.
Locally, it's obvious which lines are selling based on reports and observations. SL and MS figures that were placed on pegs two weeks ago are still there and, in many cases, in the exact same peg order. TBS, on the other hand, is pegged/shelved and sells out the same day (as reported in Michigan threads.)

No assumptions necessary.

Reaction score
Locally, it's obvious which lines are selling based on reports and observations. SL and MS figures that were placed on pegs two weeks ago are still there and, in many cases, in the exact same peg order. TBS, on the other hand, is pegged/shelved and sells out the same day (as reported in Michigan threads.)

No assumptions necessary.
Again, if you don't know the actual production numbers of the toy lines in comparison to each other, then it is nearly impossible to make accurate assumptions on which figures are selling better.

Reaction score
I picked up the Vader/Droid and Jango/Droid sets yesterday and I have to say I'm pretty happy with them for what they are at this price. Both Vader and Jango will go into my shelf displays because they just look good even if they aren't super articulated. The Jango sculpt and paint job is really impressive. I'd say all things considered this is the best looking Jango figure done so far, mostly because the proportions and coloring are spot on. Definitely my favorite Jango. The Vader isn't anything special, but he stands well without futzing and holds his lightsaber with little danger of dropping it due to gravity. His droid is pretty static and featureless but I'm sure it will remain the reason people will get this set, as it was mine. The battle droid is of course nothing really new aside from the uniqe shade of maroon they used, but I actually prefer this sculpt over the new MTT pack-in sculpt/design. Even though the mold is aged if it remains a pack-in/bonus from here on out I don't care if Hasbro keeps using it.

I don't plan on getting any more of the current wave of mission series as the rest looked really bland and uninteresting. Even the orange clone which I was considering just looks so "blah". I saw most of the new legends figures minus Mace who I predict will be a popular one. Judging by the pics his likeness looks really good looking somewhere in between realistic and animated. It works. I probably won't get it tho I have many Mace's that are better overall. The only ones that really tempted me were Yoda, who looks amazing in person and had great paint aps compared to the hideous Obis and Anis and the SBD which I will probably get eventually based on the impressive sculpt alone. I would say I should've gotten the Yoda as it was the only one left. I bet he will be another extremely popular figure between kids and collectors.

I predict Anakin will pegwarm. He was the most numerous by far of the new figures between Legends, MS, and BS.

Reaction score
Yoda and SBD are my fav SL figs from this line.

So far this line doesn't seem to be moving much. Of course, I'm sure these figures are gonna be brisk sellers come the holiday season, especually once grandma and uncle Joe realize the Nission Series is essentially 2 toys for $10.

Reaction score
I'm finally starting to see these in more and more places. I picked up my second Shock Trooper.

They also had the AOTC Clonetrooper, Yoda and the Mission Series Vader, which I thought all looked really good, but I decided to just get the one figure for now. I'm kind of counting on this line being as plentiful at retail as everyone seems to be assuming, so I'm hoping that I will have plenty of chances to pick up the other figures from the wave that I want later on this year.

It's kind of nice to not have the "Oh crap, I gotta buy everything now or else I may never see it again!" mentality when it comes to Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
Both SL and MS spotted @ the New Britain CT Target if anyone out that way is interested.

They also had the Rise of Darth Vader multipack for $29.99...

Reaction score
I'm finally starting to see these in more and more places. I picked up my second Shock Trooper.

They also had the AOTC Clonetrooper, Yoda and the Mission Series Vader, which I thought all looked really good, but I decided to just get the one figure for now. I'm kind of counting on this line being as plentiful at retail as everyone seems to be assuming, so I'm hoping that I will have plenty of chances to pick up the other figures from the wave that I want later on this year.

It's kind of nice to not have the "Oh crap, I gotta buy everything now or else I may never see it again!" mentality when it comes to Star Wars figures.
Yeah, I think these will be fairly easy to find. I just picked up some to open: Vader, Jango, Obi, Clone Trooper. I'll be getting all the OT for sure, plus selected PT.

Reaction score
I swore I wouldn't, but darned if I haven't gotten hooked on these. I've picked up all 4 MS sets. I'm really loving the sculpts. I do wish Jango had open holsters like the Bespin Battle Luke had, but he's still an outstanding sculpt. The Probe Droid is slightly different than the Star Tours version.
I've also picked up the AotC Clonetrooper and RotS Shocktrooper. I really can't say how much I like these sculpts.
The hard part with these is the craptacular paint jobs on most of them...calling them sloppy would be kind.
I haven't bought Kenobi, Mace, Yoda and R4-P17 for that reason alone. I WANT them, I just refuse. Every R4 has overspray, ever Ben has overspray on his belt and goatee and every Mace and Yoda have crossed eyes. If I ever find nice paint jobs, I'll grab them, too.
I love being able to put my figures is "realistic" poses ala TVC/TBS, but the old 5 POA from when I was a kid is just really appealing for some reason. I'm not saying I want Hasbro to go back to this forever, but the nostalgia factor and outstanding sculpts are getting my money right now. I even hunted down the Bespin Battle and Naboo Battle packs. That Boba and Qui-Gon are the bee's knees :)

Reaction score
Thanks to darthsatan I got the Mission Series Vader in the mail today. B) I really love this figure. All those years when I was a kid and I would dream about what an updated Darth Vader figure might look like if Kenner hadn't been so cheap back in the 80s. This is the figure I would have loved to own back then.

Reaction score
If this worked, you can see the differences between the Mission Series and Star Tours Seeker Droids.
They've replace the bottom half of the "shell". The Mission Series has 4 holes: 2 for arms, 1 for the blaster and 1 for the display stand. The Star Tours version doesn't have removable parts. There are 4 arms, a blaster and a hole for the display stand. The Star Tours version also has a ridge of bristles on the top of the shell. The paint job on Star Tours has a lot of detail where as Mission Series just highlights the sculpts details. The copyright and date stamp on Star Tours are on the back of the "tablet" it holds in its claw. Mission Series is stamped on the bottom back side if the new "shell".

Reaction score
On Star Tours it identifies the "rebel spy" on the ride. In RotS it searched for Kenobi in the under water cavern after he and Boga get shot down by Cody on Utapau.

Reaction score
On Star Tours it identifies the "rebel spy" on the ride. In RotS it searched for Kenobi in the under water cavern after he and Boga get shot down by Cody on Utapau.
It's also present in the birth of Vader scene in ROTS in this color scheme. It's vastly overscaled, however - the film versions were much smaller.

Reaction score
Can't tell you how nice it is to buy an action figure again for only $6. I'm picking and choosing these but the price point is nice.

Reaction score
I have most of the figures already, but was holding out on Kenobi and Windu since I couldn't seem to find any with good paint jobs. I finally found a good looking Kenobi over the weekend. Really love this figure. Now hopefully I can track down a good sample of Mace Windu.

ZX3

Reaction score
Picked up the majority of the individual figures yesterday at Target. They were out of Phase I Clones and Super Battle Droids though.

Reaction score
Recently got a Phase I Clone. They've got tons of Giant Vaders at my Target. I love these prices.

Reaction score
Thanks to darthsatan I got the Mission Series Vader in the mail today. B) I really love this figure. All those years when I was a kid and I would dream about what an updated Darth Vader figure might look like if Kenner hadn't been so cheap back in the 80s. This is the figure I would have loved to own back then.
i completely agree with you BigB.... this is an awesome Vader and really looks great standing next to the Vintage Kenner figures. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the 5 POA figures and filling in the gaps that Kenner never got around to. can't wait to get the ROTJ Luke Skywalker figure!

Reaction score
Left an entire case of 3.75" Black Series (weirdly minus only the clones) and grabbed the 212th Clone/Battle Droid instead. After scarfing up nearly all of these SL/MS, I wondered what would happen when I saw the BS figures up close--but looking at them in hand, they just felt tired and overpriced to me. I'm sure I'll grab the Padme and Luke during some dry spell or sale, but it just felt way more "right" spending 10 bucks on two figures rather than 20...even if one of them IS that lame Battle Droid.

Reaction score
I managed to find an Obi-Wan and R4 with decent paint apps, so I picked them up along with a Super Battle Droid. Now, if I could just find Yoda and Mace with eyes that aren't crossed, I'll be done with waves 1 of SL & MS.

Reaction score
Yeah, Padme is the hottest figure from this wave. The likeness to the actress is unrivaled, it would be unwise if Hasbro doesn't fix her elbow and release her a few more times.

Reaction score
Yeah, Padme is the hottest figure from this wave. The likeness to the actress is unrivaled, it would be unwise if Hasbro doesn't fix her elbow and release her a few more times.
Padme is not in this wave. At all.

Reaction score
You know... the Mission 212th Utapau Trooper is the best looking one simply because it's CLEAN!!!! The helmet looks better than the yellowed fat one Hasbro keeps throwing at us too.

Reaction score
For those who live in the North West, I found Saga Legends at Fred Meyers today. Unfortunately they are a dollar more expensive than everywhere else at $6.99. Some future bogo sales might make it worth grabbing some army builders though.

No sign of the Mission Series, or even a reserved spot for them at Freddies.

Reaction score
I got the SL Clone Trooper (Phase I) at Wal-Mart today. I was considering Anakin and/or Obi-Wan, but I figure they'll be there when I go back.

Reaction score
I picked up the Anakin and Clone Trooper 2 pack last might at a Toys R Us. They were my first purchase of the new line. I was blown away by how good the sculpts were for figures that Hasbro are only giving 5 points of articulation. My Star Wars collecting slowed down drastically after the Episode III figures. It took me a while to warm up to the super articulated figures and I still only bought just a handful each year. They might have been fun to pose but the nostalgia just wasn't there for me. But these new figures have me hooked. I'm finally excited about Star Wars toys again.