Recent Acquisitions - SAGA Edition!

Reaction score
Just received a Republic Gunship from a great deal on ebay. $60 for the Gunship with Clone wars Decals, 2 Pilots and 2 Ball turrets. Pretty dang nice. Only beef is that the ball turrets are missing the little black gun piece from the front and the nose bullets are not the red ones. No prob though, just paint the bullets and try to find the gun fronts somehow. Still pretty good for that price.

Reaction score
I bought the white guy version of the Endor rebel trooper. The only thing that i need from the figure is the jacket to custom make a Nik Sant endor rebel figure.

Reaction score
Just got the R2-D2 Hoth/Dagobah accessories figure. Love the Hoth/Dagobah lantern and food rations kit and I like the R2-D2 figure also but Hasbro sure overdid it with the snow stain paint deco on the figure but I needed an R2-D2 figure anyway. Plus I can just pretend the snow stain deco is scorch marks and stuff since R2 is an old droid

Reaction score
picked up the Stormtrooper George Lucas figure from a fellow scummer. What an awesome MOC figure to have displayed in my Star Wars room. The likeness is pretty awesome and the thought of having the creator of Star Wars in figure form in my Star Wars room, just makes sense.

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got the x-wing with Dagobah Luke figure and dragonsnake, with an R2 included!, as everyone knows the packaging says it does not, but here if this.
I searched information about this variant but can not find anything, does anyone have information about how rare is this version?

Another curiosity is a Rocket Firing Boba Fett (VCP 3) I got without white box, everything looks original but I am very surprised to be stuck behind a sticker with the information of import to Mexico. Does anyone know if Hasbro import a batch of this figure to Mexico?

Reaction score
Best I recall, the R2-D2 figure was originally rumorred to be coming w/the ship & everything else, however Hasbro changed their minds well before release time & before any packages were put together, there is really no way that any "escaped" from the factory too early.
Was the box you received sealed? If so, the seller could have thrown one in there for you, mistakenly thinking R2 came w/it even though R2 never did. If it was sealed, and even if you have since opened it do you have any pics of it the way it was set up in the box. Back then, all pack-in figures had little clear stands, w/these clear shapes that were cast exactly like the back of the figure which was packed-in, in order to help it stand up better(since most of their releases back then had clear boxes). Do you see any such casts in there, or even any spot in the box where the plastic cast would have stood?(this would be easily identifiable because all of those cast-stands had slits on the floor of the cardboard floor where they had thin ends that slid into the cardboard & taped over on the underside of the cardboard to hold it in place? And finally, if you can post a picture of the R2 figure you got with this, I'm sure either myself or someone else here will be able to tell you where that specific R2 really came from.

Also, I know this is an old thread and this person may not even be on RS anymore but Im not writing this to him anyhow, but Coachvader's acquisition made me think:
He mentioned picking up a Bib Fortuna figure--- This TSC version of Bib is a great one in my opinion. Many say he lacks in articulation, but any more articulation would have ruined the (damn-near perfect) sculpt of this figure & how it looks. The only articulation that I would have liked to see different is ball-hinged elbows rather than swivel and maaaaaybe a head that could have better movement, but thats it really, and the head is a very minute matter. As for legs? He doesn't even need legs as far as I'm concerned, and ball-hinged shoulders would only go to disturbing the overall sleekness of the figure, plus he's not exactly an action-oriented character and he can live without them and work just fine.
Now don't get me wrong, when the conversation comes up about more articulation or less articulation, Im usually like 98% on the side of "MORE". But i just wanted to illustrate a point----with this figure as an example----that SOME figures can do fine with less. (Note to Hasbro: think about this when making a future ROTJ Royal Guards, maybe a new Boss Nass, non-action scenes of Leia and/or Padme, a new, non-TVC-like C3P0, etc.)

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. I have photos, try to upload but could not, try to put them back.

The box is sealed, it even has a sticker with the import data and that specifies that includes R2.

Reaction score
X-Wing Dagobah whit R2

Second try :)

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Rebelscum.com: Dagobah X-Wing WITH R2 found in Mexico

Rebelscum reader Mario Maya writes in:
We found some X-Wing Dagobah Saga Collection exactly the same as US, but with an R2 included (seems to be the VOTC one) as an exclusive from SAM's Club Mexico (Store located at Puebla, Mexico). It costs $598 mexican pesos (aprox. $54 USD). Package is exactly the same, but has an sticker on the back in spanish and says: "includes: 1 starship, 1 Luke Skywalker, 1 sword, 1 dragon, 1 R2D2 (robot)"

Reaction score
Thanks, had been unable to find information of this variant.

You'll know something about the Rocket Firing Boba Fett (VCP 3) I got without white box, everything looks original but I am very surprised to be stuck behind a sticker with the information of import to Mexico. Hasbro import this figure to Mexico?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Yes, what you have it's the Mexican version of the mail-away promo, there were 4 variations to the packaging according to POTF2.com:

POTF2.COM Forums - Trying to figure out how many versions...
33.VCP03 Vintage Rocket Firing Fett, unpunched, line around warning,U.S.
34.VCP03 Vintage Rocket Firing Fett, unpunched,U.S
35.VCP03 Vintage Rocket Firing Fett, unpunched, european
36.VCP03 Vintage Rocket Firing Fett, unpunched, mexican

Reaction score
Wow!
I did not know all these variants.
Thanks now I am calm about these figures.

Excuse my English, I'm using a translator and don't know if the grammar is correct :)

Reaction score
Been getting into collecting vehicles lately. I have Dagobah X-Wing and TIE fighter on the way from FeePay. Looks like its the POTF2 Pilot, but I have a loose pilot to go in there.

Reaction score
Just got Sora Bulq in, really like the sculpting done on him. The legs are a shame though, and I will do the Fix Jackoftradez did. All the other jedi I have are SA, and this guy could use it. Still decent for a time when SA wasn't on each individual figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got Sora Bulq in, really like the sculpting done on him. The legs are a shame though, and I will do the Fix Jackoftradez did. All the other jedi I have are SA, and this guy could use it. Still decent for a time when SA wasn't on each individual figure.
wow, that is indeed a nice figure

Reaction score
Finally got Hem Dazon for 10.99. Need background characters and thugs.

Reaction score
Tonight I scored this set of astromechs on EBay, which I'm super happy I got! It was a set of 10 droids for under $60: R3-T2, R2-X2, R2-Q2, R2-D2, R3-S6 (Goldie), R3-A2, R3-T7, R3-T6, R3-D3 and R3-Y2. I had been wanting several of these for the past few months. However this also means I probably won't be buying any past figures for the next month, since I went way over my $50 budget!