Recent Acquisitions - ROTS Edition!

GNT

Reaction score
This thread seems rather successfull in the OTC section so I thought what the hell I'd start one here as well since people are starting to find ROTS items at retail. As you pick up new items from the ROTS line list them here + the store/location of the purchase. (
DR)

So who has found the preview wave?

Reaction score
i found 2 cases of the preview figures at the pico rivera, ca walmart tonight. i actually opened up the case that was sitting on the pallet waiting to be stocked over-night. i pulled two R4s, one Wookie, and five Grevious, but i'm gonna take three of the Grevious back tomorrow morning. all the figs were $5.88.

Reaction score
I got the Preview Wave plaus a little extra last night at the Foothill Ranch Walmart in Southern Ornage OCunty, California.

Does anyone else notice the CA trend?

Reaction score
Jediknight760071 said:
I got the Preview Wave plaus a little extra last night at the Foothill Ranch Walmart in Southern Ornage OCunty, California.

Well, stuff used to hit on the West Coast first, and then make its way across the country. I think you guys are getting hit first ... which is awesome for you. Some guys from NJ and NY on these Forums have reported finding the figures, so I'm hoping my morning hunt today won't be fruitless.
*crosses fingers*

Reaction score
Found Tion Medon & R4 at Killeen TRU last night. No Grievous or Wookiees to be seen. Took a Tion, but left the R4, as this gold-colored R2-D2 does not do it for me.

Reaction score
went back to my local walmart this morning to pick up a tion and another wookie. i have all 4 preview figs. now i just have to wait for the jedi starfighter.

Reaction score
This morning the preview figures showed up at the Walmart nearest to my house in Manahawkin, NJ - so now I've seen two cases of 20 fgures show up at two Walmarts near me in NJ.

Plenty of figures still to be had in Manahawkin around 9:30 AM this morning (Saturday).

I've already gotten a complete set MOC, another set for my open collection and then another set for my son to play with. So far our favorite figure has to be the Wookie Warrior - I can't say enough good things about this figure!

Reaction score
Just got Wookiee Warrior from my local Argos, some of the branches seem to be getting them before the 1st Feb date. Hope to get Grievous and Tion next time, all they had today were two Wookiees.

Reaction score
Nor anything in Rochester, New York. I hit five different Wal-Marts this morning and didn't find a single figure.
Dammit!

Reaction score
Jacen_Solo said:
Just got Wookiee Warrior from my local Argos, some of the branches seem to be getting them before the 1st Feb date. Hope to get Grievous and Tion next time, all they had today were two Wookiees.
I had a hell of a time chasing these figures at Argos today.
They're showing up as instock on the terminal thingys next to the catalogues. When i went to purchase them at the checkout i asked if i could view the assortment to choose from they said ok. But when they brought them out it was the POTC wave. I told the staff thats not the figs in their catalogue, they simply replied "thats ALL we have."
SO WHERE ARE THEY!

Reaction score
Anyone seen anything in Jersey? I would like to check Target but I'm studying for midterms and there's a blizzard outside....

Reaction score
Well I started at the Morecambe Argos as I wanted to see Elektra and it wasn't on in Lancaster and they had nothing in stock. I checked the Lancaster store on the way back to uni on the off chance that it had some and they had two in stock. I asked the guy at customer services and he said they were both Wookiee Warrior. So I bought one of those and I'm gonna go back next week to see if they have the other 2 I want. Think it's just a matter of shopping around.

Reaction score
Darth_Rayne said:
Jediknight760071 said:

Well, stuff used to hit on the West Coast first, and then make its way across the country. I think you guys are getting hit first ... which is awesome for you. Some guys from NJ and NY on these Forums have reported finding the figures, so I'm hoping my morning hunt today won't be fruitless.
*crosses fingers*
See...that'ws what I used to think, but when the late SAGA figures hit in 03-04 we weren't getting stuff until Everyone on the East coast and mid-west had them.

But I guess we're back to 02...which is great.

Good Luck Today.

Reaction score
Found all four figures today at Walmart in Sacramento, CA.

I love the packaging.

Reaction score
Found all four at the TRU here in Lubbock, TX also finally found a VOTC C-3PO to complete that line.

Reaction score
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter from Argos, great toy! Making me even more excited about the film now

Reaction score
I was able to score a complete set, and the display box that some stores are using. Now I need to find Anakins Star Fighter is the street date feb 1st also?

Reaction score
Nothing in Ohio yet (as far as I've seen). Walmart had a bunch of empty shelves. My Target was a HUGE tease. They have 12 empty pegs that all say E3 Preview Figs. I assume they're coming soon but so far nothing.

Anybody have any luck with E3 Lego yet?

Reaction score
My local wal mart had the Wookie Warrior in Tucson, Az today, but it was beat to crap.

It was such a tease finding the Wookie today, lol

Reaction score
This store near me got their small shipment in. Thaks KAI for alerting me!

I didn't get anything yet. I want General Grevious so I'm gonna call the place and the tag isn't bad for $7.99.

Reaction score
Got 'em all at Wal-Mart this morning! Happy Dance! Now I can relax and start saving for Midnight Madness and Celebration III!

Reaction score
JediKnight87 said:
I didn't get anything yet. I want General Grevious so I'm gonna call the place and the tag isn't bad for $7.99.
What store is selling them for $7.99?

Reaction score
Thanks to the greatest toy hunter in the Northeast (you know who you are), I got a set of the Preview wave ... plus an extra Wookiee Warrior.
Now ... where's Anakin's Starfighter?

Reaction score
The Preview figs were popping up for a few days here in AZ, but now it's quiet. I managed to find Tion, a couple Wookie's and the display.

Reaction score
just snagged a complete set of the preview figs. walmart near my home had four cases ready to be put back in the stock room. one was already opened so i took a set

Reaction score
Picked up Tion at Lancaster Argos this morning, they had the droid too but I don't really want one (and if I change my mind I'll pick it up in a few months for a third of the price). Still need Grievous though!

Reaction score
Finally nabbed these this morning at a local Wally.

I grabbed one full set and 3/4th's of another (only 1 Tion left) but instead of the 2nd Tion I grabebd a kick [censored] Wookie, SO basically have a couple of Wookies open... which rock!

Nice B-Day present...

Reaction score
Jacen_Solo said:
Picked up Tion at Lancaster Argos this morning, they had the droid too but I don't really want one (and if I change my mind I'll pick it up in a few months for a third of the price). Still need Grievous though!
Interesting as the droid seems to be the one selling fastest in my area.

Reaction score
Cool, I'm glad you finally got them, so now what do you think of the packaging as compared to OTC or VOTC?

Reaction score
I think the packaging is cool... but not sure I like it for the line as a whole. I had seen the packaging in person a long time ago when they were on eBay along w/ the EpIII Obi and Mace.

The packaging is just hard to store which for me is a big thing since every carded figure I have is packaed away until the day my oldest moves out and I have his room for my entire carded collection. So storage I can see they bee a pain in the [censored]...

I do think it's nice though. I'd have liked if they saved it for a sub line (i.e. new Expanded Universe, Clone Wars, etc).

Reaction score
Jimbo said:
Finally nabbed these this morning at a local Wally.

I grabbed one full set and 3/4th's of another (only 1 Tion left) but instead of the 2nd Tion I grabebd a kick [censored] Wookie, SO basically have a couple of Wookies open... which rock!

Nice B-Day present...
Happy Birthday Jimbo!

We're gonna party like it's your birthday.

Sorry, couldn't resist, I think it's a lyric from 50 cent - I don't usually listen to rap, but he sure is funky!

Faschnizle.

Reaction score
Dr__Zoltar said:
Interesting as the droid seems to be the one selling fastest in my area.
Not sure what is here. I visited on Saturday when the new Catalogue came out and they had 2 Wookie Warriors so I got one of those. When I visited again today they had Tion and the R4 so I picked up Tion. Just checked online and they're now out of stock and so are the other 2 stores near me. Set them all to email me when they get the figures in, only got an hour a day of lectures for the rest of the week so I can go get them as soon as they come in (course dissertation may not get done if that happens
).

GNT

Reaction score
Nothing yet
But soon enough they'll be clogging the pegs.