Recent Acquisitions - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before toys from the new film start hitting shelves. Share your most recent acquisitions right here!

Reaction score
I recently acquired a sense of disappointment when I saw the rumored RO line-up.

Does that count...?

B)

Reaction score
Just the opposite for me. The images of the 5POA Stormtrooper, Deathtrooper, AT-ACT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilot have caused me to recently acquire a sense of excitement that I haven't felt in years.

Reaction score
I just hope that they don't forget the generic Rebels like the Fleet Trooper and the other Rebel troops that can be seen in the trailers.

Reaction score

Agreed. I am a big Imperials fan so this film and its material is almost a dream come true.
Yep, just the idea that we are going to see new characters, vehicles and storylines within the OT timeframe (roughly) is extremely exciting. No need to imagine what early, prototype Stormtroopers might have looked like or what "future" Stormtroopers might look like, we can just have "real" Stormtroopers. And not the ugly, over-stylized, Dave Filoni, cartoon Stormtroopers; but genuine, authentic Stormtroopers.

Reaction score
So we're all still waiting for Sept 30th for the new figures....

But (to my shock!) I found some Rogue One characters on ebay and it arrived in the post today!

(She will be going in my Yavin IV Rogue One diorama, with Jyn and Cassian when they're finally available!)

GNT

Reaction score
It's a pretty nice figure but it's not the same costume as her Rogue One outfit.

Reaction score
I know but it's the best we have right now.
Although a bit "primitive", a slight retool of body/legs, this would be a better fig for R1
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2monmothma.asp
Actually, if Hasbro got in a jam w/ ep8 delay, a repack/retool of this could work plus could work in a 2pk w/ kit bashed rebel trooper...potj rebel trooper w/saga1 capt antilles' limbs for no art. limbs

Reaction score
Picked up a Stromtrooper and K-S20, I wanted to get them all but @ 8.99 each I couldn't. The Kylo Ren and Sabine was really nice as well as the Imperial ground crew.

Reaction score
So we're all still waiting for Sept 30th for the new figures....

But (to my shock!) I found some Rogue One characters on ebay and it arrived in the post today!

(She will be going in my Yavin IV Rogue One diorama, with Jyn and Cassian when they're finally available!)
Very clever.

Hopefully as per his cameo we get an updated Bail Organa to go with the scene.

Reaction score
I had similar luck at my Kroger today. Happy to say I now own the Rogue One Stormtrooper and Imperial Ground Crew dude. Happy hunting, friends!

Reaction score
Tried to buy the 6" figs today at Walmart. They wouldn't sell them to me. Said they'd been recalled. :)
Shhh...
Don't let anyone in the general Rogue One toys thread hear you say that.

According to those folks, trying to purchase these figures ahead of time, despite the store stocking them in full public view, is tantamount to STEALING them.

Reaction score
Shhh...
Don't let anyone in the general Rogue One toys thread hear you say that.

According to those folks, trying to purchase these figures ahead of time, despite the store stocking them in full public view, is tantamount to STEALING them.
Well if the main page can post an article about someone buying them at clearance prices I'd think it's okay. :)

Reaction score
Well if the main page can post an article about someone buying them at clearance prices I'd think it's okay. :)
Well, the people who write the articles for the main page obviously don't know any better, but if you knowingly cheat the system and buy a brand new product at a clearance price, then you are stealing the profits from that store and causing them to lose money. It's the same as shoplifting.

Obviously, the stores should not be putting this stuff out yet, so it's a mistake on their part and if you take the toy to the register and it rings up at the clearance price, then it's fine to purchase and the store just has to take the loss for their mistake. What I'm talking about is taking the new toy and an old clearanced toy up to the register and intentionally ringing the clearance toy up twice, then putting both the new and old toy into the bag, that's what I'm referring to as stealing from the store.

So, it's definitely not okay.

Reaction score
it might eb bit rude to call these people ignorant, as they are simply reading what it says on the computer. And each store has certain codes for "locking out" an item from sale. But surely these imbeciles can read a date on the BOX?
Though i guess I'm expecting too much, I've met people who unload and stock...

Reaction score
it might eb bit rude to call these people ignorant, as they are simply reading what it says on the computer. And each store has certain codes for "locking out" an item from sale. But surely these imbeciles can read a date on the BOX?
I've been an overnight stocker and sometimes you just get into the zone and grab a box, cut it open, look at what's inside and try to match it to something on the shelf in front of you. There were nights when I would have so much work that the computer calculated it would take me 15 hours to complete. However, I was only scheduled an eight hour shift and three hours after I started my manager showed up complaining that I was taking too long. So, the overnight stockers can be under an immense amount of pressure to just get the freight on the shelf and worry about if it's in the right spot later. Just work the freight. Don't waste time reading every box, just work the freight. We had two people call off tonight, so we're extremely short handed and we need you to go work another department as soon as you're done here, so don't waste my time asking me about something called a "street date" on the box. That's day shift's problem. Just work the freight.

That's pretty much how it goes and after a few years, you just kind of get numb to it and stop paying attention to what you're doing. So, while it shouldn't happen, it's completely understandable why it does. I think the problem lies more with the warehouses for sending the toys to the stores so early.

Reaction score
All of you people are brutal. They're toys. Chill the f**k out.

Reaction score
I've been an overnight stocker and sometimes you just get into the zone and grab a box, cut it open, look at what's inside and try to match it to something on the shelf in front of you. There were nights when I would have so much work that the computer calculated it would take me 15 hours to complete. However, I was only scheduled an eight hour shift and three hours after I started my manager showed up complaining that I was taking too long. So, the overnight stockers can be under an immense amount of pressure to just get the freight on the shelf and worry about if it's in the right spot later. Just work the freight. Don't waste time reading every box, just work the freight. We had two people call off tonight, so we're extremely short handed and we need you to go work another department as soon as you're done here, so don't waste my time asking me about something called a "street date" on the box. That's day shift's problem. Just work the freight.

That's pretty much how it goes and after a few years, you just kind of get numb to it and stop paying attention to what you're doing. So, while it shouldn't happen, it's completely understandable why it does. I think the problem lies more with the warehouses for sending the toys to the stores so early.
It sounds like the problem is the stores milking their employees for all they're worth instead of hiring enough crew to do a job up their expectations.

Reaction score
My walmart had the titanium vehicles out and they rang up just fine. They show up in the system as SW Ravem, SW Unicorn and SW Vulture.

Reaction score
I worked night stock when I was young at a now defunk store. On truck nights we were expected to "throw" 30 cases per hour - NO EXCEPTIONS. It did not matter if the case contained 4 one gallon jugs of soap, 12 action figures, 24 jars of baby food, or 48 dinky*ss cans of cat food in. Besides not damaging product, staying below that 30-case total was all that mattered. Sometimes businesses put such unrealistic expectations on low salaried employees that they really just struggle to get their required job done for fear of receiving a reprimand. If there were street dates back in my day, I almost certainly wouldn't have spotted them, and if I had, I likely would have ignored it.

There are probably a host of reasons why this stuff hits store floors ahead of scheduled release dates, the least of which is because these people are idiots, as some here would have you believe.

Reaction score
It sounds like the problem is the stores milking their employees for all they're worth instead of hiring enough crew to do a job up their expectations.
Yeah, when I started at the job I worked in one of three areas, the meat department, the dairy department, or the frozen foods department, and there were usually five of us split between all three departments almost every night. Within two years, we were lucky to have three people working all three departments and most of the time there were only two of us. But stripping us down to a skeleton crew didn't lessen their expectations and we were still expected to do the job of 2-3 people every night.

So, the people who are so judgmental of the overnight stockers really have no idea what they are talking about.

Reaction score
It seems to me that the blame should be on the computer system and not on the stockers. If the computer requests a case of something and the computer at the warehouse says to ship that case to the store, then the IT people at WM, need to find a way to hold those things up or at least flag them in the system so the store manager or department manager knows when something can be put out.

The other thing is that it seems some of the computer systems actually did block the sale. We've seen that before and usually the manager has those products taken off the shelves and put back in the stockroom for a later date.

However, the first person that reported getting these was able to go through the normal check-out and have the "names" from the system printed on the receipt. So, it seems like the computer system wasn't set up to stop these at first, but soon after that person was able to buy them, some IT person must have put a stop in the system.

I can understand the frustration of seeing something on the shelf and then the register won't allow you to buy it, but we've known for a while that FF is on the 30th/1st, so we shouldn't be surprised if sales don't go through now.

Don't worry, by the middle of October everybody will be complaining about how all they see is wave 1 everywhere and when will wave 2 arrive.

Reaction score
Is it any less money out of Hasbro's pocket if a few toys slip through the cracks before the 'official' release date? I mean, if it was crucial to their marketing plan, they could be super-tight about shipments and regulations, etc. but I'm guessing all that would cost them more money than their shareholders are willing to part with, especially when they know they can still get the same chunk of cash either way.

Would it outrage enough collectors to the point that they would lose interest? If anything, I think a leaked figure here and there only draws more interest - especially for the stores, as you'll have more people shopping early with the hopes of getting lucky. 'Damn, nothing yet. Oh well, might as well get a soda and a candy bar while I'm here...'

Any way you look at it, no company is going to spend more money than they absolutely have to, whether it be to put less unrealistic demands on their employees or otherwise.

And yeah, Trooper, I am looking forward to the days when Wave 1 is plentiful. My only worry is that Wave 2 (or later waves) may not surface in my area as happened with the later TFA waves.

Reaction score
That's actual a great point, DS. Interest and people on the hint lead to a lot of extra sales of other products. I think street dates should be a general rule, but not a hard and fast one. I can understand that Hasbro doesn't want the toys to hit 2 months early, but 2 weeks shouldn't be a big deal.

I think the problem lies in the fact that, for the stores and Hasbro, having the new RO figures hitting while a store has a sale on that very line to clear out old stock, means that the store is losing money on the new figures (people will buy the new figures for the regular price anyway) an that could lead to the store losing money and deciding that they want less of Hasbro's products.

So, finding them early isn't really the problem. The problem is more that Hasbro didn't change the line number, so Zuvio and K2-SO are seen by the computer system as figures in the same grouping. Had Hasbro created a new number as of the Jyn wave, then the stores could keep the older stock on clearance and just block the new number from being sold. With the tight film schedule, think Hasbro thought it wise to keep the same number in case things got backed up or sold faster than expected. They can easily slip any Figur back in to the line without changing the packaging.

Reaction score
Is it any less money out of Hasbro's pocket if a few toys slip through the cracks before the 'official' release date? I mean, if it was crucial to their marketing plan, they could be super-tight about shipments and regulations, etc. but I'm guessing all that would cost them more money than their shareholders are willing to part with, especially when they know they can still get the same chunk of cash either way..
Well, Hasbro's not going to lose any money on this at all, since the figures have already been bought and paid for on the retail end. The retailers buy the figures from Hasbro and, by the time they make it out to store shelves, that stores owns them in exactly the same way that you will own them when you buy it from that store. So, if Walmart resells the figure for $20, $15, or even $1, Hasbro has still received the exact same amount of money from Walmart for that figure.

So, if you are buying a figure for $12, when you know it's supposed to cost $20, don't think that you are sticking it to Hasbro, because they already got their money before that figure even arrived in the store's warehouse. You're really just hurting that local store and the people who depend on their job at that store just to survive.

Reaction score
I really don't think Wal-Mart with their 3 billion in profits per quarter will miss $8 on however many of these figures slip through the cracks. I'm sure actual theft shows up more than these few purchased items.