Recent Acquisitions - Retro Line

I forgot all about Marrok. Just checked and he’s still on order in my account at EE.

I think a lot of people forgot about Marrok, in more ways than one - give it some time, he'll be at Ollies for $5 eventually. Unless the Great Mothers "resurrect" him with spirit ichor, similar to the Nightsister zombies of the CW, he'll probably be forgotten by fandom and consumers.

Luke is the biggest disappointment to this almost perfect wave. He needed to be a resculpt, with his ninja like outfit that he wore with Grogu on his back....it was like a karate tunic and kind of a cool change with his normal black appearance.

The Wookie looks like a bootleg, lol - I wonder if anything from this wave is going to be a big seller, nothing really screams out to me as a figure that's going to be HTF. The three repacks might be instant pegwarmers, since we probably have a good bit of Mando / Grogu fatigue with this brand. Luke should have a new torso / head at least, as others have mentioned - just seems like no effort.

Ahsoka Wave just arrived from Hasbro Pulse EU 👍🏻😎

20231211_153207.jpg20231211_153029.jpg

Love all of them, but Chopper is DEFINATLY my highlight from this set 🤙🏻😎🤙🏻😂🤣😂

Just hope, they will come up with a second wave, including Thrawn, Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati... IMO "Must Haves" for sure

I picked up a Retro OWK Vader at Ross for $4. I'll paint the eyes black (or remove the red paint) and have a nice ROTJ Vader.
Ahhh, may need to swing by my local Ross. I own two of these Vaders, but it's so damn perfect I may need a third!

(vinyl cape added of course)

Luke is the biggest disappointment to this almost perfect wave. He needed to be a resculpt, with his ninja like outfit that he wore with Grogu on his back....it was like a karate tunic and kind of a cool change with his normal black appearance.
Only figure I will consider grabbing, JUST for the black robe/cloak.

^ oddly he's the only one available on Amazon for 11.99 and shipping by end of the year atm.
Got my shipping notice from ee on the rest of the wave

Tracking was showing a Tuesday delivery for TBOBF wave from EE, but surprising arrived today. Cardbacks are still as thin as the Ashoka wave. Will plan to open some of these soon. Great looking wave!!View attachment 480075
View attachment 480076
View attachment 480077
View attachment 480078

View attachment 480079
View attachment 480080
View attachment 480081
View attachment 480082
View attachment 480083
View attachment 480084
still waiting for mine to start processing. I pre-ordered these as soon as the went live on Entertainmentearth.com and still have yet to see anything other than pre-ordered/backordered

still waiting for mine to start processing. I pre-ordered these as soon as the went live on Entertainmentearth.com and still have yet to see anything other than pre-ordered/backordered
Yeah mine was that way too when reports popped up of them processing. Ewok 2pk also took longer to process than others reported. Random i suppose. Luckily I was still able to cancel bobf case and reorder the singles for the bogo sale last week. Got official "shipped" email from ee last night.

Yeah mine was that way too when reports popped up of them processing. Ewok 2pk also took longer to process than others reported. Random i suppose. Luckily I was still able to cancel bobf case and reorder the singles for the bogo sale last week. Got official "shipped" email from ee last night.
just checked an my order has been pushed back to January :(

just checked an my order has been pushed back to January :(
Who knows, my orig case order could've ended up delayed too since mine atm hadn't started processing. Same thing happened w/ my revan, got pushed to april!. My ewok 2pk didn't get pushed back but took several days b4 it started to process once they reports started

Spotted the Ahsoka wave at Gamestop this evening, all except Marrok. Makes sense since my order for Sabine and HK just shipped from pulse this morning.

Finally, all 8 BOBF wave got to 11.99 on Amazon so I pulled the trigger, but despite all in one "order" sold and ship from Amazon, seems like I'll be getting 1 or 2 figures a week until Jan 2. LOL

I really wanted to pickup another-other box of ANH/ROTJ box so that the kids can open two of every troop-builder. Couldn’t really justify such a massive preorder though.

Well who always comes through for us Gen Xers with the all the Kenner Star Wars hookups? That’s right, it’s Mom! My mom was down at Disney World and grabbed me one of each off the shelves.

But I can’t store more than one MOC of each so I will be selling a spare Obi-Wan, droids, Yake Face, Ackbar, Wicket and Mon Mothma. Honestly I suspect I can about break even for my mom on the third box.

Not trying to start conflict here but what's the appeal w/ this line? The show was terrible. The black cloak for Luke is cool but I'd rather it be packed in a ROTJ card as a variant. The Tusken Raider update is unnecessary. Again, had they updated the cape and left the paint job alone they could at least use the Kenner Jawa as precedents.

Not trying to start conflict here but what's the appeal w/ this line? The show was terrible. The black cloak for Luke is cool but I'd rather it be packed in a ROTJ card as a variant. The Tusken Raider update is unnecessary. Again, had they updated the cape and left the paint job alone they could at least use the Kenner Jawa as precedents.
I don’t get it either. Retro new media is something I basically ignore. I did buy one set of Mando wave 1 for the kids to open. Kids these days are all about the Djinn Tardis and his pet Baba Yaga.

I still can't believe they didn't give Morgan Elsbeth the Beskar staff. C'mon Hasbro, she needed some kind of weapon.

Back