Recent Acquisitions - Retro Line

GNT

Reaction score
For those collecting the Retro Star Wars toy line, post all your recent Retro Star Wars finds here.

Reaction score
Received Reva today from Amazon. Looks like a great figure. I think this Obi wave is gonna be great.

And great to see a Retro thread!

Reaction score
It seems that Amazon is now shipping the retro Revas. Their others still show September. So I canceled my haslab order & picked a pair up. Should have them soon.

Reaction score
Didn't pick anything new up, but, the target that had the Kenobi RC wave still had two each of the Inquisitors and the one NED. Vader's and Ben's were all gone.

Reaction score
Picked up whole set of OWK retros at Target. They rang up at $11.99 each but got associate to price match their online price on Retro Reva for $10.99 each.

Reaction score
That’s a good sign for the rest of us! Maybe I need to go to Target today to get some milk.

Reaction score
I found something in a store! The whole OWK retro wave at Target - it was on an inside endcap with the new Jakks vehicles and a couple other SW things. I got 2x Vader, 1x Ned, and 1x Obi and left the rest because the cards weren't perfect. I was able to take out a few of my preorders.

Reaction score
I got my six pack from shopdisney today :D. The oversized shipping box was beat up with no padding inside, just the box set but miraculously intact with no dents, that's what matter to me the most, so no complains 😶.

Reaction score
Reva from Amazon Monday, and my EE pre-order says NED and Fifth Brother shipped on 7/30 but there's no tracking number so ???

Reaction score
@Booster Terrik @LordZeppelin Serious question. Is that temporary until you have display space? Or that’s how have and will always collect? I don’t want to sound offensive and I am asking in good faith as I personally don’t understand buying something that is meant to be seen/displayed or opened and played with and putting them inside a bin/box and putting said bin away where it can’t be seen or enjoyed. Would like to hear “the other side” reasoning/argument. 😀 Thank you.👍🏼

Reaction score
@Booster Terrik @LordZeppelin Serious question. Is that temporary until you have display space? Or that’s how have and will always collect? I don’t want to sound offensive and I am asking in good faith as I personally don’t understand buying something that is meant to be seen/displayed or opened and played with and putting them inside a bin/box and putting said bin away where it can’t be seen or enjoyed. Would like to hear “the other side” reasoning/argument. 😀 Thank you.👍🏼
It’s a bit of both, for me. I have been working on my office and display space (see the other general retro thread for a pic from earlier today), but I’ve not had a lot of time to work on it. Ultimately, I want to display some things permanently and others I want to rotate. My original Kenner figures will be perm, Hot Toys perm, Voltron perm, black series will rotate, modern 3.75” will rotate scenes.

While I’m primarily an opener, I do keep a few select things on cards, and I’ve been keeping a set of each retro wave carded. The reissues of original Kenner I’m not opening because I have my og Kenner set, except for Tarkin and Luke Snowspeeder and the prototypes. The new retros, such as Mando and OWK, I’m doing a set open and a set on card.
Another reason is that I have been storing some is that I have yet to get the windows in my home office tinted to reduce the UV, but hopefully soon on that too.

Reaction score
Amazon jammed my fifth brother and grand inquisitor into boxes that are too small for them. Luckily only slight warping and a small corner ding. Waiting for my Obi and Vader later today. Seems weird to get all of my figures individually boxed in too small boxes. It would be much more time and material saving for them to just smash all of them into one box that is too small.

Reaction score
Lucky day! First found the blue prototype stormtrooper i needed on ebay for $14 and then someone put up Retro Tarkin for $15 on fb which i was able to snag!

Reaction score
I got my second OWK Obi from Amazon, which was single because I found one in the store last week. I remembered then why I get 2 of everything at Amazon/Walmart/Target. One, to make sure I get one in okay shape, and the other to make sure that perhaps two come at a time, and thus go in a box. This one came in a mailer bag, crushed to sh*t. Fortunately it can stand as the opener.