Recent Acquisitions: Part 3

Reaction score
So at Celebration 4 in LA, McQuarrie bookmarks were given out at some of the panels. I got a few of them but I didn't get a full set - until I visited the Art of McQuarrie booth and talked to the folks their for awhile and I mentioned that didn't get the full set, and then I got handed this complete uncut roll of all the bookmarks. So after 11 years, I've finally framed it and will put it up in my collecting room.

That. Is. Awesome!!!!

Reaction score
I finally got round to getting Raymond Swanland's beautiful "Gambler's Rush" canvas print from ACME.

Unfortunately, my local framer has closed, so I need to try and find another one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received my copy of Richard Wilkinson's Malluvium Volans this morning, too.

Some might question the aesthetics of a series of Star Wars prints based on insects, but I think that it's pretty bold and is an interesting a take on the Star Wars Franchise.

Mine is number 2 of 100.

Reaction score
Pretty good week for me. I also picked up this 6" by 9" metal portfolio print of Craig Drake's Falcon.

Numbered on the back as number 48 of 250, It comes in a lovely matt black booklet style portfolio case and has a sheet signed by the artist. I liked it so much, I went back and bought the bought a paper version too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All my stuff seems to be coming this week.

I received this original painting from ArtbyGolfis on Etsy. Called 12 Parsecs, it's a nice view of the Falcon IMO and the monochromes style suits it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice! And really like that you had it framed.
So at Celebration 4 in LA, McQuarrie bookmarks were given out at some of the panels. I got a few of them but I didn't get a full set - until I visited the Art of McQuarrie booth and talked to the folks their for awhile and I mentioned that didn't get the full set, and then I got handed this complete uncut roll of all the bookmarks. So after 11 years, I've finally framed it and will put it up in my collecting room.

Reaction score
I picked up this Chris Cargill painting on Ebay for $50.

It's nice and at 18" by 24" it can be hung anywhere. I have three of his paintings now and am very pleased with them. Totally recommended.

Reaction score
Here's my recently framed "Graveyard of Giants" by Malcolm Tween. Above is a signed photo of Daisy Ridley. The signature is hard to see (waist level). Below are my Sideshow Premium Format Rey and BB-8 (exclusive editions). Gotta have a theme! :)

Reaction score
Yeah, a shame she didn't sign that in silver on the dark part of the photo. Still a great looking display there!
Thanks! Yeah, I had a silver Sharpie in my hand but she used a pen she was holding. Oh well. I was just excited to see her at the TFA premiere. It was so cold in LA at the event but it was so amazing to see all the actors.

Lex

Reaction score
Got one of these bus shelter posters, took some work to get one. :) Actually got an extra too, if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Though not SW...I got a free, theatrical Avengers Infinity War poster from DMR for 800 points.

Reaction score
I picked up this Cargill painting from Ebay. I like this one as it shows a different view of the Falcon from the other works of his that i own.

I'm convinced that these paintings are based on photos. Still, it's a nice painting for the price.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received these
Matt Ferguson
Star Wars Prints a while ago and rather liked them.

Reaction score
I picked up a variant of Mark Englert's wonderful "She's Got It Where It Counts" print. I wasn't in time to get one from the gallery and ended up paying over the odds on Ebay.

Totally worth it. The print is rich in detail and the metallic ink really gives it some depth.

I need to get a couple of frames as my regular version should be here soon.

Reaction score
My copy of Danny Haas’s “Outmanoeuvre Them” arrived today.

I had had to pay the post office £16.42 for the pleasure. I don’t mind paying tax, but the £8 service charge is ridiculous.

Reaction score
I pick up an AP each for His Vision Returns and Reunion of Scoundrels by Chris Trevas.

Reaction score
Very nice, Sergiu. The Imperial MGuard has to be the coolest costume in the entire series.

Reaction score
Dave Seeley agreed to sell me this original "Death Star Escape" painting. It took me about six months to fully pay for it and I will say that it is the most expensive thing in my collection.

It arrived today and I'm rather pleased with it.

Oil on board, it came framed and is just under 3ft, by 4ft.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So. There's this homeless guy near where I work that paints these weird Abstract or Cubist paintings so that he doesn't have to beg. I asked him to paint me the Falcon his own style.

It's not to everyone's taste, but you've got to admire someone that gets up and does something rather than beg, right?

Reaction score
So. There's this homeless guy near where I work that paints these weird Abstract or Cubist paintings so that he doesn't have to beg. I asked him to paint me the Falcon his own style.

It's not to everyone's taste, but you've got to admire someone that gets up and does something rather than beg, right?
It's pretty sweet... Totally worth it. And totally admirable.